Chimp Challenge : Official thread

I have discussed the possibility of rdc'ing into the machines with the powers that be and have been given a big ol' "hell no!".... which I understand.....

pffffft!!! lesser beings always complain :rolleyes: :eek: :D

nothing that a ring 0 kernel rootkit can't fix ;)

Any guesses on what [H]ardApe's PPD will be once we get rolling? Without thinking about it I'm going to say we'll be humming along at around 350k.

yeah, that was definitely without thinking :D
whatever it will be, it'll be less than ours :eek:

we don't have to sign up or anything like that, right? Just switch over just before or as soon as possible after May 5th?

you need to fill out a notorized form from Xilikon's lawyer first....ask him, he'll be more than glad to mail you the forms

Why only 5 Mil? Were the other teams scared?

We need a passkey for [H]ardApe?? fawk, what about the classic clients that donut support this "feature"?

You gots to be kiddin' :eek: , maybe you need a drug detox because whatever drug you're takin' to make you make insane, fanciful statements like you did above must be some world record, heavy duty, dynamite, mucho primo stuff. (or I guess it could be attributed to a recent head accident, did you recently fall on your head? ) :D

Edit: I'm really, really sorry :rolleyes: if this post is misconstrued as a "personal attack" because, believe me, it wasn't intended to be :eek: I respect everybody's opinion, even if it's as far fetched as this one.

I've been doin' some careful and studious research on the results of some of the past top notch shrinks (phychiatrists like Dr. Spock of "Star Tracks" err.. "Star Trek") and they all say MPC, even though they do try [H]ard, they still can't compete with a world class champion like the [H]orde., so sorry (I think Confucias said that) :p

Forgot about the passkey so I requested one :

Hello [H]ardApe:

Your Folding@Home Client passkey is:
e109628a7f920fea706561b4ceb1b6d7

Your username is:
[H]ardApe

Please use this to activate your client.
Thankyou,
Folding@Home Team

Damn, three months of trying and I can't get a pass key...you guys get one in a week.

:rolleyes:

thread6.jpg

Actually, I got the email fast but it landed in the spam folder. Luckily, I cleaned it before doing a request so I picked it and put in the right folder.

Are you sure it is 12 Noon and not 12am 5/5/08? I'm looking at the quotes and it could be either way... is it clear somewhere?

Are you sure it is 12 Noon and not 12am 5/5/08? I'm looking at the quotes and it could be either way... is it clear somewhere?
From the rules on page 1 of this thread, second quote block:

2. Start time for the contest is May 5th at 12pm noon, Pacific Daylight Time.

You only need it for v6 clients.

It isn't required AKAIK. I've never used a passkey at all, and everything works just fine for me. Is this specifically required to fold under the [H]ardApe moniker? I hope not, cause I'm not gonna add another level of BS just to process work units. :rolleyes:

If it is required, someone please post and let the rest of us know for sure....

EDIT: Was reading on the FAQ about the passkeys, and they're talking about using it so other people won't CHEAT in your name. WTF, over??? :rolleyes: We're talking about processing data for science here...this isn't a freaking game... I mean, who *Cheats* at folding WU's???

:rolleyes:
ie funny picture of Betty White with a gun

Man, that is one funny pic leSLIe, it goes to show you even someone as mild tempered as Ms White (some of the parts she plays) can loose patients concerning IMO some of the "far out" statements the other, obviously not too swift, members of the other teams can dream up :eek:

OBTW There's no way I believe Ms White is as big of a "air head" as she plays in some of her roles (in tha' TV series with Maud or whatever her real name is, another good actress IMO), I think it takes a very intelligent person to play at being a person desperately short on human interaction intelligence. Just look at Mr Carroll in the TV series "All in the Family", Mr Bill Cosby (I have some of his brillant stand up comedy records from way back) or the actress that plays Edith Bunker (Archies ever passive wife in the "All in the Family" TV series) I read where Mr Carroll had several college degrees and we all know Mr Cosby is a very intelligent man (whether you agree with his philosophies or not and I think he has several doctorates) :D

Oh yeah, please excuse me about mentioning older TV series I haven't turned on my TV in a year and a half (here lately I can't hear so well and I also have a hard time concentrating or sitting thru a DVD movie) . I also have many DVD disks and three computer DVD decks and one DVD player hooked to my TV. I have always tried to have DVD/CD recorders in all my functioning computers (DVD/CD recorders are getting so outrageously cheap ATM) :)

These are only my humble opinions :cool:

FAQ about the passkeys[/URL], and they're talking about using it so other people won't CHEAT in your name. WTF, over??? :rolleyes: We're talking about processing data for science here...this isn't a freaking game... I mean, who *Cheats* at folding WU's???

I don't understand it either. I just got one because it was in the v6 FAQ. :confused:

I don't understand it either. I just got one because it was in the v6 FAQ. :confused:

This is only to prevent from zeroing points if someone is doing something malicious under your folding name (like making a trojan version of FAH and spreading illegally). In reality, I see ZERO reason to use it so do it whatever please you. If you want to use it, use the one posted here since it's different depending on the combination of email/password (ie, if you request one yourself with your email, it will be different. In the case of relic, it's just a bogus passkey since it's done with MY email. All he need is to do it with HIS email and keep it hidden.)

Another reason is to better separate the stats in case you fold under a common name like John (lots will enter a email address as folding name and Stanford will trim it to keep the name before the @).

Just don't sweat with this "security" nonsense for now. In the future, it might become useful but they need to update the stats system and the client as well. I even heard of having bonus only given to those who have a passkey.

We're close, i can hear the drums of war beating in the distance. I wish we had a hill we could congregate on at noon Monday and then charge the other teams Braveheart style. So who else is switching everything tomorrow because they're gonna be totally sloshed on cinco de mayo?

Looks like total points, when I 1st looked at the graph I freaked, 400k ppd:confused:
EOC stats has MPC ppd at 60k ppd

No kidding. Even though it doesn't count yet, we're getting our butts kicked. This is unacceptable. I'm firing up VNC and switching over.
It doesn't count yet, but they have committed to a strategic push well in advance. Why? Because by the time the Challenge officially opens, a ton of WUs will be avalanching upon us from the very onset having been processed the previous day or two. Very smart. ;)

Note for the PS3 folders

To get the brackets, hit the button directly under the z and it will bring up a box of symbols. I just had an oh shit moment switching mine over. :confused:

well its leroyxx from OCAU here.. saying good luck and dont loose your banana's!!

Oh, no sweat, we gots micro chips in all our banana's so we ain't worrying about losing any of them.

What we're concerned with is the high cost in mental health to keep the other "Chimp Challenge" teams from committing suicide when the [H]orde smokes em' in the pernt department :D

OBTW If that island down there sinks we gots plenty of inner tube patch kits :p

Calculating my machine swap over times now for 2pm CST... I see MC and the others that switched over early as blowing their load before the action actually starts...

Back