Chimp Challenge : Official thread

Hey nitteo, I don't know how I missed that pic last time I looked at this thread, but is that a self pic by any chance? :eek:

I guess I should probably do some chops. Sure, they won't be any good but what the hell.

I have plenty of pics and a copy of The Gimp. I'm sure I can come up with something that might be remotely funny. Plus, since I got an unexpected and unpaid three day vacation from work I might as well put my down time to good use.

Right you pathetic whining oft Seppos......... LOOK OUT!!

The Team OCAU Dropbears are in... folding under 'Monkey_Bollocks'

You will see from our team output in the last couple of days that the sleeping giant has awoken and is hungry for a meal of Jade.

We actually have got a sniff of half a chance and that is all we need to bite down on that meaty morsel like a rabid dog. People from our masses are going to start folding - just for this challenge in order to restore the good name of OCAU - and piss you guys right off.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

We actually have got a sniff of half a chance and that is all we need to bite down on that meaty morsel like a rabid dog. People from our masses are going to start folding - just for this challenge in order to restore the good name of OCAU - and piss you guys right off.

ocdog.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Coochie cochie coo.

You will see from our team output in the last couple of days that the sleeping giant has awoken and is hungry for a meal of Jade.

Hmm, 930k huh? Getting close to respectable. Come back to visit when you've broken the 1 mil mark :p

The Assm@n is away... and when he comes back he will be ready to hand the [WH]ores a raping...

No, he is not a proctologist either. Although he does have those long Artificial Insemination gloves that farmers use on their cows......

http://www.damontech.net/ocdog.jpg
I said RABID dog, not a RAT dog. Take your ridiculous excuse for a canine companion outside and let our underdog take care of him...

Now, we are talking and let's the chops rain now !!!!

The Team OCAU Dropbears are in... folding under 'Monkey_Bollocks'

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Way to save time and cut/paste the exact same post to all 3 forums. :D

knuttz_ueba_32.jpg

the [WH]ores a raping...

I am the original Manw[H]ore and I have the cached pages from google to prove it. Use of my trademark is punishable by civil suit and will result in a large settlement for me to purchase more boxen. This is your warning to cease and desist the use of my trademark or fear the wrath of the bloodsucking US lawyer system. :eek:

I am the original Manw[H]ore and I have the cached pages from google to prove it. Use of my trademark is punishable by civil suit and will result in a large settlement for me to purchase more boxen. This is your warning to cease and desist the use of my trademark or fear the wrath of the bloodsucking US lawyer system. :eek:

LOL but you know you'll only see $.01 for every dollar so you better sue for at least $1 Billion!

That sounds copacetic to me, but what are you going to do with all them sheeps ? :confused:

I heard sheeps = $ in Australia :D

BTW: It must take a pretty big wallet or purse to hold a bunch of sheeps. (probably smelly too ;))

How to solve the sheeps problem ? Give all of them to BillR and be done :D

This is what my spies have uncovered over at the secret [H]ape|cave:

upgradingram.jpg

I was under the impression that the Geek Squad didn’t allow on the job pictures of their technical staff to be published:rolleyes:;)

Wow, I just got back into the forums after a long hiatus and I am in. OCAU will lose as usual. I have an Outlook reminder to change my boxen. I have no funny pics so I will shut up.

i just couldn't resist

HartAffe.jpg

that's what the other teams lack off :eek: :D

feel free to post this in the other forums ;)

Impressive mascot!

That has to be one of the worst cases of blue balls i've ever seen! Some one get him a female!

i just couldn't resist

HartAffe.jpg

that's what the other teams lack off :eek: :D

feel free to post this in the other forums ;)

OMG I LOL'ed when I saw this at work. :D My tech that was sitting across the room from me had to come over and see what I was laughing so hard about!

Thanks for that one Leslie, you just made my day!

Guess i'll start back folding for the chimp challenge. Stopped due to quad overheating when folding, wasn't comfortable with the 70c load temps on stock. Should have heatsink by Tuesday and e8400 for htpc that i'll put up to fold

Guess i'll start back folding for the chimp challenge. Stopped due to quad overheating when folding, wasn't comfortable with the 70c load temps on stock. Should have heatsink by Tuesday and e8400 for htpc that i'll put up to fold

One can never over stress the importance of a good HSF

Here is my fave for cost/preform:link

What they don't show you in the egg pics is that the heatpipes are in direct contact with the cpu. I upgraded to this from a HSF that had great reviews (coolermaster) and my temps went down 5c

+1, I had 2 coming with a 3rd one to be ordered as soon as some funds become available in PP.

How does that thing compare to a TRUE? I'm tired of its concave base and terrible, loose mounting. Biggest waste of money ever.

It's very very very close (maybe 1C less) for basically half the price, fan included. The base is grinded so it's very flat with the heatpipes in direct contact. There is a lot of raving comments about this as the best bang for the buck vs the TRUE.

The TRUE is great if you want the absolute best but you have to fix the mounting system and lap the base. For a folding box, it's a waste.

It's very very very close (maybe 1C less) for basically half the price, fan included. The base is grinded so it's very flat with the heatpipes in direct contact. There is a lot of raving comments about this as the best bang for the buck vs the TRUE.

The TRUE is great if you want the absolute best but you have to fix the mounting system and lap the base. For a folding box, it's a waste.

Sounds good but I don't think I want to take bath on another used HSF sale. I think the TRUE is the last S775 HSF I'll buy. The sad thing is I have the TRUE and the Enzotech Ultra-X and they're both basically junk for different reasons and were very expensive.

So I guess we'll be done and celebrating while they're still racing. :p

Sounds good but I don't think I want to take bath on another used HSF sale. I think the TRUE is the last S775 HSF I'll buy. The sad thing is I have the TRUE and the Enzotech Ultra-X and they're both basically junk for different reasons and were very expensive.
Aside from the high price and some needed lapping, the TRUE has been consistently applauded for its performance across the web. I don't know about the ET, but why do you consider both of these HSFs a waste?

Aside from the high price and some needed lapping, the TRUE has been consistently applauded for its performance across the web. I don't know about the ET, but why do you consider both of these HSFs a waste?

I already said why and you just repeated what I typed: convex base and loose mounting. It's unacceptable for a $55+ heatsink that doesn't come with a fan. I shouldn't have to sand down or add cardboard/washers to the mounting of a "top-of-the-line" heatsink. It's junk.

The Enzotech just doesn't compare to the units that exhaust air out the back when enclosed in a case. I got sucked in by the hype in reviews that tested it on naked mobos and now it's on my file server.

Back