Chimp Challenge 2009 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks dude, you too. You EVGA guys have been laying down the pernts pretty steady...you think it's gonna translate over to the CC?

Not a normal folder, but I got a 8800GTS 512MB, and gtx260 running for you guys..

ALL OPPOSITION SHALL BE CRUSHED!

rawr!

Not a normal folder, but I got a 8800GTS 512MB, and gtx260 running for you guys..

rawr!

welcome to the fold you'll be drawn in by our super cuddelyness or something like that ;)
even if it's temporary welcome!!!

Last edited:

rawr!

Welcome, welcome...glad to have you onboard for the CC!!! Appreciate the extra horsepower for the event. :cool:

I'll be switching my clients over when I go to bed, my 260s and 8800gs adding about 16k ppd apepower :D FOLD ON!

Good to see some new people joining the cause! Welcome! Glad to have you aboard.

Let us know if you have any questions. :)

All switched over. I am hoping that it is correct that the passkey is not required because I'm not keying that long stinking passkey in on all my machines. Someone correct me if I am wrong.:p

Last edited:
You're good. Xilikon confirmed on page 1 that is not required.

YES it would!!! This would have been especially bad if I had to do it over logmein.com. I can barely type HardApe over that connection.

I typed [H]ardape and caught it on FahMon... Corrected it though. :eek: :)

welcome to the fold you'll be drawn in by our super cuddelyness or something like that ;)
even if it's temporary welcome!!!

Welcome, welcome...glad to have you onboard for the CC!!! Appreciate the extra horsepower for the event. :cool:

I tried folding about 2 years ago for team 33, but gave up because all my computers sit in my room. Shit just gets too hot. I miss the cuddles though.

I've thought about building a cheap SFF box or 2, and putting it in the garage, but I'm just too lazy plus i'm not sure on the greatest price:points ratio. GPU or cpu wise.. so all folding just died.

I can put up with it for the goal to crush others though.

I tried folding about 2 years ago for team 33, but gave up because all my computers sit in my room. Shit just gets too hot. I miss the cuddles though.

I've thought about building a cheap SFF box or 2, and putting it in the garage, but I'm just too lazy plus i'm not sure on the greatest price:points ratio. GPU or cpu wise.. so all folding just died.

I can put up with it for the goal to crush others though.

any help would be great.. if ya want ideas on building an SFF box feel free to ask or if you just want information certain parts for it im sure some of us know the exact points different hardware can do..

OK - I have 3 - 8800s up and going as well as 2 - 3870's. Should be good for 12-13K PPD. I also fired up a standard client. :D

Lets go fellas!

I got my machines switched and running, well 2 clasic clients are not switched. May have a chance to get to them later in the week. Added my laptop with SMP this year should make up for not getting the final computers (which run the clasic) switched over. Fold like Apes!!!!

Ok well, I wanted to help out but cant figure out how to get F@H running on my intel MBP. I got my PS3, 2 desktops and other laptops helping but just cant get the mac.

laptop is churning out 800ppd and the 4850's r doing about 4000ppd

Ok well, I wanted to help out but cant figure out how to get F@H running on my intel MBP. I got my PS3, 2 desktops and other laptops helping but just cant get the mac.

No problem on the Mac and MBP - we're just glad you're able to help out! :) That PS3 and the 2 desktops will be an enormous help.

[OCAU]EvilGenius;1034060874 said:
Donkey Kong only wishes he had a set of bollocks like us...
They will be bloody after we're done with them!
Remeber this:?
craig.jpg

True, but if I remember correctly, not at the hands of the guy whose balls he 'bloodied'.

Welp here it is, another year of competition for the lucky Jaded Monkey thru the "Chimp Challenge". :)

I beg of my brethen on team 33 to brush up on life saving techniques such as loosening tight clothes (ties, collars, etc), clearing air passages (make sure the patient didn't swallow their tongue), CPR (trying to get some breathing), etc. We don't want to be responsible for another teams member crocking when the rude shock of realizing that " there ain't a snowballs chance in hell" of their team winning the CC against the mighty [H]orde hits em' with cold reality :D

Remember the ole' military saw "fold em' if you got em'" ;) Also the mighty [H]orde always bein' #1 the old saw about "the winners keep on winnin' and even the loosers win sometimes" :cool:

EDIT: Ahh..., nice lookin' ladies, but I think the term "wenches" went out of context somewhere around the year of our lord 1800 AD or so, besides that, I don't think the pirates of the Caribbean hads A&P shopping carts :confused:

DCing for the CURE

Last edited:
Finally got all my boxen switched over to [H]ardApe....

Does anyone know if ROC is in on the CC batting for us? I've not seen any mention of it yet?

Finally got all my boxen switched over to [H]ardApe....

Does anyone know if ROC is in on the CC batting for us? I've not seen any mention of it yet?

Was wondering the same thing myself, anyone?

Last year EOC hosted a stats page that included all of the CC teams together, so you could compare the daily stats throughout the length of the contest. The limit was 5 million last year, so it didn't take too long to complete. I was hoping that they would do the same thing this time around, but so far I've not seen anyone mention a complete stats page for the teams.

Can't they just take the one from last year and swap some user/team IDs? Should be the same otherwise.

i think they were having problems with the EOC server..

but we will find out when the competition starts if they set it up..

For the stats, we will have a page up later today or tomorrow as soon as we extracted the official starting stats.

So I just glanced through the different ID's, and we've got a lot of work to do - there's a couple teams that appear to have pulled ahead of us by 300k.

I just installed the VMware notfred SMP on my quad. Sitting at 98-100% cpu usage. FahMon is reporting 11k ppd for my boxen with 3x gpu and 2x smp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back