Borderlands 3

No one else I know is playing this anyway (probably due to EGS), so I can just wait.

Seriously worth it. Yes EGS sucks but once you are in game, who cares. You can launch the game and then kill egs abd it doesnt care.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just getting started, but what's the point of equipping the grenade mode when by default you can still throw unequipped grenades (as long as you have no 2nd action skill)? Is it for later when you get different types of grenades?

grenades are weak as the level of your grenade mod. so no mod will work for maybe level 1 & 2 and then they will be useless.

Like I'm going to take his word for it. I can't believe anyone would buy his game after his recent conduct regardless of EGS.

This is just a new rendition of the same old story. People all talking "don't pre-order games cuz (insert reason here). People still pre-ordered. Don't buy games cuz micro-transactions. People still bought games. WTF cares? Companies will still make games. People will still pre-order games. People will still buy games. The only company that I can think of that actually listened and fixed their product because of the outroar was Hello Games who made No Man's Sky. And you don't have to take anybody's word that people are playing, just look at this thread and you already know plenty of people are playing it. But if it makes you happy, you do you. Hell, I'll even join you in the protest. But right now, I have to go level up my robotic vault hunter! :D

The only company that I can think of that actually listened and fixed their product because of the outroar was Hello Games who made No Man's Sky.

Really. Let's take a moment here to salute this simply as unprecedented regardless of anything else. People can hate that game from here to eternity but there is no taking away what Hello Games has done there. Incredible.

True, but they didn't abandon it. I remember when I still bought EA nba live games and I forget which one it was, but it was completely borked. Just did a quick search and it was Live 06. EA just collected their money. I was just pointing out the fact that Hello Games could have split, but the evolution of this game and extra content at no extra cost, you can't ignore that either.

Like I'm going to take his word for it. I can't believe anyone would buy his game after his recent conduct regardless of EGS.

I can believe it, me and my wife never pre-order a game - ever. This is first time we did something like this and do not regret it one bit. Sure optimization can be better and there are few bugs, but it has been an amazing experience so far. Will never understand those who base their view of games on distribution its using. Is it really that terrible to have a different launcher, especially if it helps the overall competition within the distribution space? Never in a million years would I have thought people could be so passionate about supporting steam (or anyones) monopoly. Anyway, back to topic, already spent 20 hours in the game in 2 days. Last time this has happened was when I was a teen. So I can definitely believe this is selling like crazy - anyway back to Borderlands 3! :)

Fish.jpg

Got my Fish Gun lol Maya's Zone is pretty amazing they must of done the nice looking levels later on while working on the game. I need to stay away from the Moxxi Tip Jar and stay away from those stupid vending machines. I just read it takes 40K and 80K in money for the tip jar to give you a gun.

Last edited:

Hey I like that price, but random brand new seller on Amazon, with no feedback... and asian characters in the seller name? Ehhhh I dunno

edit - I looked on ebay and there are some sellers at 45-49 but wacky shit like log into some new randomly created epic account (not your own) or one said "send me your account login info and I will activate it for you", uh yeah right scammers.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
enjoying flak, yay for diversity, playing the fat man. Saw a build yesterday, general idea is to focus on fade which gives crits and invisibility, so crit damage and uptime. working out pretty well so far.

As for second party keys suggested here, from amazon and ebay... you buy shit like that you know you are getting bullshit.

Hey I like that price, but random brand new seller on Amazon, with no feedback... and asian characters in the seller name? Ehhhh I dunno

edit - I looked on ebay and there are some sellers at 45-49 but wacky shit like log into some new randomly created epic account (not your own) or one said "send me your account login info and I will activate it for you", uh yeah right scammers.

Used car salesman Borderlands deal like all those UBI 2.99 keys on ebay where you get a rental account until it's locked up.

When do you get to go back to pandora? I have 3 planets i can go to 2but cant drop back on pandora. I missed some stuff.

I had a bunch of crashes in lectro city. Outside of there it hasnt crashed.

Other than, no performance issues. Loving it

When do you get to go back to pandora? I have 3 planets i can go to 2but cant drop back on pandora. I missed some stuff.

I had a bunch of crashes in lectro city. Outside of there it hasnt crashed.

Other than, no performance issues. Loving it
can't you fast travel? As in from map, I think it is G or X to get the global view which should bring up all the fast travel points. took a while to figure that out

Borderlands® 3   9_15_2019 9_39_58 AM.jpg

This guy has the worst cross hairs but it's worth it still you can't even see what your aiming at.

it seems like they have gone out of their way to make zoom annoying. one of my guns has a huge glare box that obscures a large part of the lower left

can't you fast travel? As in from map, I think it is G or X to get the global view which should bring up all the fast travel points. took a while to figure that out

Nope, take ship to pandora, if i got to drop pod cant drop, goto fast travel on ship i can only fast travel to ship

it seems like they have gone out of their way to make zoom annoying. one of my guns has a huge glare box that obscures a large part of the lower left

Yeah I noticed that last night. Some of the zooms have overly tiny little windows to look through with big thick scope around it, too much it crosses into annoying and frustrating.

Playing at 4K, seems like the last two options, "volumetric fog" and "screen space reflections" are the performance killers.

I also tried 4x DSR (7680x4320) and then in-game selected 200% (15360x8640) ... it didn't end well lol. I'm going to swap my high speed 2x8 out for 2x16, and try again with low detail for science.

You can fast travel to any place you have been, just zoom out (x) on the map, then choose your planet, then zoom down(x again), then you can choose your fast travel location. If you go back to an area you've been at, the level is still what it was when you started it. So no real farming of critters unless you just need the body count. And speaking of body count, anyone know how to check you challenge status, not the side quests, but the "you've killed xxx scrags for 100%" or the "you have 200 out of 300 kills" popups, but I can't find where to see my overall count. it says to hit 'tab'. And what do you get for these achievements? Other than an email with another weapon? That you have to open your mail box in-game to receive, which I finally figured out after the some of the stuff was way under-leveled. that's an annoying thing about this, you find a gun you like, but it doesn't level up with you,.

I also tried 4x DSR (7680x4320) and then in-game selected 200% (15360x8640) ... it didn't end well lol. I'm going to swap my high speed 2x8 out for 2x16, and try again with low detail for science.

1.1 - 1.6 fps. From 150% to 175% fps drops hard, probably out of vram (11GB).

On my ps4,non pro its running lis4 ass. The misandry/pro feminist story and characters are insulting,imho. The laggy,buggy mess more Dissapointing. On my brothers 2080+32gb+9700k+sata ssd its been much the same,worse in others(DENUVO) performance in general has been terrible at 1440p and 1080p.

Compared to BL1 and Bl2,which I own and have 100s of hours in each, its a disaster,both were damn near perfect in comparison.

does B3 look way better then B2 with the 4K texture pack installed?

The beginning of the game is on par with B2 with 4K texture pack. Once you get off Pandora the views are stunning.

A friend called this "GOTY".... Is this true??

I've had zero performance issues with the game, though considering my hardware - I'd expect no performnace issues. IDK about GOTY, but its certainly up there for me. I'm currently lvl 36 and getting towards the end of the game. The gameplay has been on point and I have not been able to put the game down.

Am I doing something wrong. All 3 of my fast travel stations only show themselves as a destination. I can't fast travel to the other ones.

ok, open your map. hit X for galaxy view. This now gives the different zones on THIS planet. Hit X again. This should now list the planets.

I declare this game "a hoot".

It hits all the stupid boxes I want in "light entertainment". Potty humor, bad puns, absurd explosions, randomly getting something insanely OP for 5 levels, and Ellie.

Yes, it's borderlands again. But it's good borderlands, and it's still fun.

ok, open your map. hit X for galaxy view. This now gives the different zones on THIS planet. Hit X again. This should now list the planets.

Thanks I found that finally. The tutorial is broken on mine. It says "Hit R ..." and the bottom of the screen says X but neither work, so I skipped the tutorial. Then X works.

Just beat the main quest. Did quite a few side missions along the way. Game is freaking amazing. Easily game of the year for me. That was one hell of a ride. Looking forward to jumping back in for true vault hunter mode.

new patch out. can't find what is in it. Will be annoying if it nerfs stuff. There is an iridum farm right out of the pandora base if you are into that. just head left to varkid vally, go all the way back, and keep killing them. gets a few each time.

Just beat the main quest. Did quite a few side missions along the way. Game is freaking amazing. Easily game of the year for me. That was one hell of a ride. Looking forward to jumping back in for true vault hunter mode.

How many hours played?

Im getting tons of crashes as of today. Like every 10 to 20 minutes now. Totally random. Was solid until today

Back