Borderlands 3

Bigbacon

Fully [H]
man I am not feeling this new DLC at all...its so...bland. I understand what they were going for but listening to that drab narrator and everything just seem so slow and boring.

Seriously the first,. non wave, DLC or even part of any of the BL games I just not wanting to play through.

Denpepe

[H]ard|Gawd
man I am not feeling this new DLC at all...its so...bland. I understand what they were going for but listening to that drab narrator and everything just seem so slow and boring.

Seriously the first,. non wave, DLC or even part of any of the BL games I just not wanting to play through.
It's not the best but it is pretty short but not sure if it is a plus or not o_O

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member

Thought it was just me...

pek

prairie dog
On DLC3, they should have gotten Tom Beaudette (?) to narrate, I kept hearing his voice instead of the narrator's. Or maybe the person who did The Dukes of Hazzard. And once I figured out all you had to do is just walk onto the jump points, I kept trying to get to them and trying to jump (space bar) on them and dying, the game got a lot easier. I guess they heard from un-coordinated slugs like me and made them as idiot proof as possible.

Domingo

Fully [H]
After being distracted by (or maybe even obsessed with) TLoU2, I'm finally getting around to this. Seems okay after about an hour, but I'm not exactly loving it. The narration stuff was a good idea, but on my Atmos setup, it's barely audible. Explosions and gunfire make the room shake and normal conversations sound fine. The narrator volume is about 1/2 what everything else is. Luckily it's subtitled.
I'm still rocking the OPQ and Yellowcake and both seems to still be extremely viable on M10. I'm sure once I gain the other 3 levels that might change, but I'm glad they didn't nerf them both into dust. I did notice that all of my Yellowcakes dropped about 10K in damage, though. The x2 versions might be worthwhile now, although they still burn through ammo way too quickly to be a main weapon.

Domingo

Fully [H]
...and as I feared, leveling up made things a total pain in the ass. Before I was doing great on M10. Now the same enemies kill me in 2 shots and take a quarter of my magazine to bring down.

Is there any point to having money now? I have all of the SDU's and my money was maxed out. Yet every time I get killed I drop around $9 million. Is there anything to spend it on or should I even care?

EDIT: I think that was one of those weird/random difficulty spikes that make you do less damage and enemies do more. I'm still sticking to the OPQ and Yellowcake and now seem to be doing much better. I remember the difficulty randomly spiking in the past with no rhyme or reason and I think that might have been the culprit again. Things seem normal again. It's challenging, but it's at least reasonable.

Last edited:

Domingo

Fully [H]
Done. Went back and got the hidden stuff, too. I got 80% of it on the first pass, but missed a few things.
Even though they added roughly the same amount of content as the prior DLC's, if didn't feel as long. I think it's mainly because it's faster-moving. Never left Mayhem 10 and really only struggled during those weird/random difficulty spikes. Had that happen twice.I could tell immediately because enemies would kill me in 2 shots. Those really deep/hard hitting shots are basically all anyone fires. Restart the level and everything is back to normal.

I never did find anything that could touch the Cartel gear. I found a couple level 70 weapons that were already good (like the Krakatoa), but nothing else of note. No new shields or grenades at all. I'm still rocking the same shield I've had for 9 months.

I can't tell if this DLC wasn't that great or if I'm just kinda done with Borderlands 3. It was creative, it was different, and it wasn't bad. I think the game might have just run its course for me.