Black Mesa Source coming 2009

Meh, it's a mod, they're doing it for free in their spare time. I can see how it would be frustrating as hell to have nothing but constant bitching and nitpicking every damn thing you release. They don't owe anyone a thing, they're not doing it for money, so why put up with the bullshit?

Because, regardless of the fact that it is free, they still want people to play it when it is finished. Bitching users out for being impatient is petty.

Meh, it's a mod, they're doing it for free in their spare time. I can see how it would be frustrating as hell to have nothing but constant bitching and nitpicking every damn thing you release. They don't owe anyone a thing, they're not doing it for money, so why put up with the bullshit?

That is well and good, but they still look like jerks complaining about other jerks. Vicious cycle, really.

Anyone remember that Fortress Forever Mod that came out like a week before Team Fortress 2? That was fail. The mod was great, but what the hell good is it a week before Team Fortress 2. Timing people! Timing!

Edit: By the time this comes out, Nintendo will be on to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 4D, Capcom will be onto Super Street Fighter IV: Turbo, and Valve will have a trailer for HL2: Episode 3.

Because, regardless of the fact that it is free, they still want people to play it when it is finished. Bitching users out for being impatient is petty.
Ehh that's true. If they spent 4 years making it and no one played it or gave them credit, they would probably be pretty damn disappointed. With that said, they shouldn't be acting this way towards gamers who are looking forward to it.

If they didn't want the attention they wouldn't of spent all the time making a website and forums years before it was released. What's the point in that if you don't want anyone to care?

omg, let this thread die already.
this shit is never coming out. you will all be in your 40's if it does.

omg, let this thread die already.
this shit is never coming out. you will all be in your 40's if it does.

Never! If we can't have the game, then bitching about it is the next best thing ;)

Besides, I'm sure that some of the people in this thread are already in their 40's.

To be honest they probably really don't care who plays it, because of how long it has taken they are clearly doing it for themselves.

Plus they know that when it comes out, people will play it irregardless of the "whining" that has happened over the years of development.

At the end of 2012, the Myan Aliens from the Andromeda Galaxy will land on the earth and proclaim they have a new calendar that goes beyond 2012!

And on the final day of that new Mayan Alien calendar, we will see...a status update from the Black Mesa Source team on their website that says "We will release sometime this year, we swear," and post some more teaser screenshots of models.

Part 2;
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/10/what-happened-to-black-mesa-source-part-two/

RPS: You’ve just spent an entire interview telling me why making promises and circling dates on calendars is a terrible, terrible idea. I am, however, a bit thick, so can you – in any way, shape, or form – narrow down some sort of release window? If not, do you have a release window for any sort of playable demo? Basically, when will people be able to get their hands on the game in some form? Soon? Soon-ish?

Carlos Montero: We’re working very hard to get something out to our fans in the soon-ish timeframe. I really won’t say anything more than that.

Probly 6-8 months for some type of demo. 2 more years til release.

So what is "Soon-ish" to them :rolleyes: Back in 2008 the game was set for 2009 LOL :p 4yrs later still in development. I understand it is being done free by amateurs, and appreciate all the insanely hard work going into this, but then just shut the F up any release and updates. Just pull an "id Software" says its "out when it's done" and they don't say shit until its rather close to release.

You know I had a witty response for the person that resurrected this thread, detailing that the article is more than a week old and no one posted it because we dont care anymore.

Or maybe you posted it just to show just what a joke they really are.......... cause, at this point, they are a huge freakin joke.

Please let this thread die......

You know I had a witty response for the person that resurrected this thread, detailing that the article is more than a week old and no one posted it because we dont care anymore.

Or maybe you posted it just to show just what a joke they really are.......... cause, at this point, they are a huge freakin joke.

Please let this thread die......

Some of us are still interested in this. If you are not, why is it so hard to simply not participate in the thread?

I am still hoping this mod sees the light of day. Still looks better than most games that have been released lately.

Some of us are still interested in this. If you are not, why is it so hard to simply not participate in the thread?

Because this stupid thread is a joke.
The first post was in 2009, hello?
Every time someone wants to bring up this mod, they have to resurrect this thread. Why? There's never nothing new here, just make a new thread, like the other one. All it does is make this mod look even dumber, what 2009 release? Carrot on a stick.

Because this stupid thread is a joke.
The first post was in 2009, hello?
Every time someone wants to bring up this mod, they have to resurrect this thread. Why? There's never nothing new here, just make a new thread, like the other one. All it does is make this mod look even dumber, what 2009 release? Carrot on a stick.

I still don't understand why it matters to you. You don't have to open, read, or participate in the thread. How could you possibly be bothered by the mere fact that this thread shows up in the list of recent threads? Seems like a pretty stupid thing to be upset about.

Black Mesa Invites You To Look At Its Bowels
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/11/black-mesa-invites-you-into-its-bowels/

I’ve been a member of the never gonna happen club for a long time now, but in the interests of OBJECTIVE, SOBER REPORTAGE I will pretend to take the devs at their word when they tell us they’ll be finally releasing something ‘soon-ish’ and show you these new screenshots which purportedly “really give you the first glimpse into the gameplay of Black Mesa.”

I'm going to repeat what I said a year ago: if this development team actually knew what they were doing, and if they actually had a (somewhat complete) product to ship in 2009, they should have released it as a beta and let the community provide them with massive playtesting. This method worked brilliantly for CounterStrike, and by the time the beta was over the mod was good enough for Valve to purchase.

These kids are starry-eyed idiots who think they can release a Valve-caliber game right out the gate, complete with stability and lack of bugs across multiple platforms. They think a volunteer team can produce a massive title like Half-Life remake without major bugs. They think they can wow the world with the greatest game ever ay the greatest price ever, but that's just not going to happen. Instead, they will continue to putz along, always falling short of their dream as technology gets better (the same quest for perfection 3D Realms fell for). If they finally do release it will be years from now when the developers finally get tired of deluding themselves, and it most definitely will not live up to the hype.

Instead, they will continue to putz along, always falling short of their dream as technology gets better (the same quest for perfection 3D Realms fell for).

Well, it's not like the Source engine is getting a successor anytime soon

I could see this mod coming out the same time as Half Life 3 using the Source-2 engine :rolleyes:

I've said it before, but Fortress Forever came out like days before TF2. Timing is everything!

Fall/Winter supposedly. I'm more mad they waited like 5 years to dole out screenshot and tiny bits of gameplay. Nobody would have been mad if the game looked unfinished.

I'll believe a release date, when it's installed on my hard drive. I hope it's coming soon, but think we heard that more than once :rolleyes:

I understand it is a "free" mod, and takes a ton of time to work part time on this type of project, but they should just shut up, until a release date is solid.

Back