• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Black Desert Online

Anyone have a 7 day pass they could PM me? Really want to buy this game but after the ArcheAge burn I received, I want to make sure before I jump in.

Thanks ahead of time!
 
lol same here, no idea how nodes work or how the whole knowledge/npc system works, the game has a very poor tutorial for explaining either system.

I had hard time understanding both, but figured out eventually.
Nodes are not that hard, they are just places which you use to connect from Point A to Point B. If you want to trade from Point A to Point B you need to activate both nodes and those in between.

Conversations took me a while, but I finally figured out WHY I had problems. Every time you start a minigame there's an "objective" in the top right corner of the screen. Read it, it helps ;)
Also, There's a RNG number on NPC's interest and favor. You can see this on top middle part of the screen. For example, if the NPC has 40 interest, you need to use NPC cards that have equal or more in sparkling interest, even though less works, it will be just lower percentage on sparkling interest. You want to use 80%+ on sparkling interest because else you often get the sad face which means you failed that conversation.
Some NPC cards have special bonuses like "after 2 turns lower favor by x number". Those lower favor on the NPC you're talking to, not your own. It's a good thing if you have high favor bonus on them. I noticed that favor is the thing that boosts your Amity, but sparkling interest is there to hold NPC interest in your conversation.
 
Some conversations are bound to fail getting favor and sparking interest can be okay but the rest of them is such a crap shoot , failing at sparking interest can be so hard when you have Amity on most of the npc already ...
 
If anyone on Edan, wants in a small guild until finding a bigger one let me know.

I set one up for me and my friends.

Just hop in discord to give me your in game name or post it here or in a pm.

Discord
 
Any way at all to download/copy/paste/etc this info offline? That's a massive pile of info! :jawdrop:

I just have that open on a tablet and use it as needed now.

Good source of a HUGE PILE of information
 
hehehe , I meant it as a joke of course ;) Since you can have everything but that when you are customizing...
 
Lol... People really put effort to making sure that they get to see pixel nipples...


I ended up completely changing my Valkyrie's hair colour. Some colours look just so off when it's dark and when light sources are around.
HVldrfV.jpg
 
Lol... People really put effort to making sure that they get to see pixel nipples...


I ended up completely changing my Valkyrie's hair colour. Some colours look just so off when it's dark and when light sources are around.
Why wouldn't they? Hot nipslips!? Fuckin' A. 10 out of 10, I say.

That said, I like warrior girls with armor... Even when playing with the skyrim nude mod, I walk around fully clothed. In fact, I recently opened back up Skyrim and forgot I had it til I walked into a store, and remembered I robbed the shopkeep of clothes. >_>
 
Played till about lvl 15. Is it just me or does the questing system (and most of the game for that matter) feel clunky? I feel like the entire game is unpolished. Played on a week long friend pass. I honestly don't know if I'll be buying it. I feel like I had no idea what I was doing.
 
I'm not sure how the game is as I ahven't played it, but there was a post somewhere here talking about the game that seem to be for helping people point themselves in this game. Try that?
 
Let me see if I can capture this in a nutshell:

MMORPG with extensive options (talking to npc and playing the mini game lands you energy boost due to knowledge and even skill points). The crafting system is another things that is so extensive that itself is another game on its own. Then you have the straight forward questing which should not need any explanation. Questing instead of killing mobs lands you more contribution points which is tied to the node system (see it as the energy grid of the planet the more nodes and features you have reaps certain rewards (crafting)).

The longer you play this the longer you get used to this even simple stuff like trading can land you more strength and running increases your health.

There are many many things going on .....

This guy tries to sum it up how complex the game is when describing a feature which in itself is simple but the eco system allows him to get 49 skillpoints for his class at L16 and have over 40 energy



Knowledge is power :)
 
Last edited:
Let me see if I can capture this in a nutshell:

MMORPG with extensive options (talking to npc and playing the mini game lands you energy boost due to knowledge and even skill points). The crafting system is another things that is so extensive that itself is another game on its own. Then you have the straight forward questing which should not need any explanation. Questing instead of killing mobs lands you more contribution points which is tied to the node system (see it as the energy grind of the planet the more nodes and features you have reaps certain rewards (crafting)).

The longer you play this the longer you get used to this even simple stuff like trading can land you more strength and running increases your health.

There are many many things going on .....

This guy tries to sum it up how complex the game is when describing a feature which in itself is simple but the eco system allows him to get 49 skillpoints for his class at L16 and have over 40 energy



Knowledge is power :)


Good gods... that game takes the timesink factor up by a ton I'd guess if you're the type to quest/explore/complete everything rather than just power to max level.

Part of me so wants to try it, but between work and FFXIV atm, I'm just so burned out. Is there such a thing as a relaxing MMO? :p
 
Play UO, you can just sort of set your character to work with a macro and bam! Relax, and do other things.
 
This MMO is relaxing as it's not mandatory that you do it all. To be exact you can set your character to power level fishing or strength with the game minimized in the background. So literally when you wake up in the morning your character is stronger than what it was when you went to sleep. If you never hit the level cap you can become the King of Trade, Farming, Trees, etc and become rich. In this game you literally set your personal goals and play it the way that you want to play. I've played everyday and my highest character level is 26.
 
Wish WildAce would invite me to a guild. My character gets lonely.
If anyone on Edan, wants in a small guild until finding a bigger one let me know.

I set one up for me and my friends.

Just hop in discord to give me your in game name or post it here or in a pm.

Discord

Gobello is the family name.
 
Why wouldn't they? Hot nipslips!? Fuckin' A. 10 out of 10, I say.

That said, I like warrior girls with armor... Even when playing with the skyrim nude mod, I walk around fully clothed. In fact, I recently opened back up Skyrim and forgot I had it til I walked into a store, and remembered I robbed the shopkeep of clothes. >_>
I too prefer proper armours to skimpy outfits. In case of female armour I prefer something practical yet feminine.
 
Play UO, you can just sort of set your character to work with a macro and bam! Relax, and do other things.

I don't want it to play for me! :D

I took a look at the starting packages for this, and I might drop the cash next weekend for a test run. I've spent more money on worse things.
 
What's up with dungeons and group content in this game? I'm tired of solo content MMO's that don't force or require working together. I played in the beta and didn't get far enough to decide if I really even liked the game at all beyond it being pretty. I don't think The Division will keep me drawn in longer than a month or so so I want to know the real deal with BDO
 
Ive unsubbed to Wow and FFXIV and stopped playing Star wars galaxies and the division because of this fucking game. Im so hooked its insane. AFK fishing bothers me because my electricity bill goes up so every morning I weight the extra electricity to Silver earned... I've learned to make a damn brewery and spend money on booze like a hard core alcoholic to get my slaves to continually work for me... They don't want my money, just my booze. I've learned to hate red orcs and those satan knight people and my fucking god am I spending tons of money on large potions when soloing... Im only level 36 i think and I dont care... Exploring has become an addiction. I've been 100% content with my computer set up but now I want a 34" monitor and a better GPU exclusively to become more immersed in this game. I bought a gaming laptop just so I can AFK fish at work and be ontop of it. Thankfully my boss is super cool about it and told me to put it on my display computer so customers see something cool. The only game in the near future I see breaking my addiction are A) the game of divorce B) WoW: Legion (Im a huge lore buff and this game hopefully is going to be amazing).
 
Played till about lvl 15. Is it just me or does the questing system (and most of the game for that matter) feel clunky? I feel like the entire game is unpolished. Played on a week long friend pass. I honestly don't know if I'll be buying it. I feel like I had no idea what I was doing.

and Yes, the questing is not smooth and straight forward. I dont know if clunky is the right word though. You find new quests everywhere you go and sometimes new quests appear in area's that you already finished. Its quite insane. If i didnt have previous sandbox MMO exerience I think this would be a turn off so I understand where your coming from. Games like Star wars galaxies barely had any quests and Final fantasy 11 (not exactly a sandbox) had NO indication for quest givers... you had to FFXI wiki everything or talk to every damn NPC. I find this questing system rather enjoyable and once I got used to the flow I freaking love it. I never know whos going to send me where and what it unlocks.
 
What's up with dungeons and group content in this game? I'm tired of solo content MMO's that don't force or require working together. I played in the beta and didn't get far enough to decide if I really even liked the game at all beyond it being pretty. I don't think The Division will keep me drawn in longer than a month or so so I want to know the real deal with BDO

I'm in the same boat as you. I play mmos To interact with others. From what I heard there are no dungeons or raids/end game

Does crossfire work? I couldn't get it working in the beta
 
Last edited:
I'm in the same boat as you. I play mmos To interact with others. From what I heard there are no dungeons or raids/end game

Im only mid 30's but So far its been a semi solo exerience, I play with guildmates and we run around and grind together. Its good times over vent + vodka involved. But the end game kinda has me worried. I hear the guild battles can get crazy but im in the same boat as you guys
 
Ive unsubbed to Wow and FFXIV and stopped playing Star wars galaxies and the division because of this fucking game. Im so hooked its insane. AFK fishing bothers me because my electricity bill goes up so every morning I weight the extra electricity to Silver earned... I've learned to make a damn brewery and spend money on booze like a hard core alcoholic to get my slaves to continually work for me... They don't want my money, just my booze. I've learned to hate red orcs and those satan knight people and my fucking god am I spending tons of money on large potions when soloing... Im only level 36 i think and I dont care... Exploring has become an addiction. I've been 100% content with my computer set up but now I want a 34" monitor and a better GPU exclusively to become more immersed in this game. I bought a gaming laptop just so I can AFK fish at work and be ontop of it. Thankfully my boss is super cool about it and told me to put it on my display computer so customers see something cool. The only game in the near future I see breaking my addiction are A) the game of divorce B) WoW: Legion (Im a huge lore buff and this game hopefully is going to be amazing).

haha I am too
 
I'm in the same boat as you. I play mmos To interact with others. From what I heard there are no dungeons or raids/end game

Does crossfire work? I couldn't get it working in the beta

My interaction has been with my guild, not random people in a dungeon finder queue, mainly through guild missions and a few wars. We all get on a boat and go fishing together, kill 7000 orcs/trees, which then usually leads to pvp because we need to push out other people to complete the quest. I'm having fun so far!
 
Ive unsubbed to Wow and FFXIV and stopped playing Star wars galaxies and the division because of this fucking game. Im so hooked its insane. AFK fishing bothers me because my electricity bill goes up so every morning I weight the extra electricity to Silver earned... I've learned to make a damn brewery and spend money on booze like a hard core alcoholic to get my slaves to continually work for me... They don't want my money, just my booze. I've learned to hate red orcs and those satan knight people and my fucking god am I spending tons of money on large potions when soloing... Im only level 36 i think and I dont care... Exploring has become an addiction. I've been 100% content with my computer set up but now I want a 34" monitor and a better GPU exclusively to become more immersed in this game. I bought a gaming laptop just so I can AFK fish at work and be ontop of it. Thankfully my boss is super cool about it and told me to put it on my display computer so customers see something cool. The only game in the near future I see breaking my addiction are A) the game of divorce B) WoW: Legion (Im a huge lore buff and this game hopefully is going to be amazing).

Make sure you minimize the game when you are afk, it will still work with minimal load and auto fish or do what ever you were doing, and basically doesn't run the gpu when minimized. to reduce power consumption.
 
Is there any news regarding opening this game for more regions? or removing the ip block?
Living in South Africa and unable to play, such a bummer as i was looking forward to this for such a long time.
 
Event & System

  • 3 new channels (Valencia 1,2,3) have been added to all servers for now, to handle the increased population and secure a stable gameplay experience
  • Requesting a Chat Block has changed as follows;
    • Cost is now 15 Energy to request a Chat Block.

    • Chat Block duration has been increased.
  • A Roleplay chat channel has been added.
    • This channel is off by default but can be enabled in settings.

    • Talking in RP Chat will cost 1 Energy
  • Ratio for horse breeding has been increased to produce more high tier horses.
Class

  • Witch/Wizard
    • Can no longer accidentally resurrect opponents.

    • Damage to frozen opponents has been increased up to 20%.
Holiday Event

  • Start: March 16th 09:00 UTC (After maintenance)
  • End: March 21st 09:00 UTC (With maintenance)
    • Event Title: Saint Patrick's Day
    • Green Dye Bundle price reduced from 120 pearls to 80 pearls.
    • Add a one-time purchase Green Dye for 1 Loyalty.
Items

  • Cash Shop
    • Added the “Splat Fisher’s Clothes” costume.

    • Added the Shepherd dog pet.

    • Added the Megaphone

    • Added Family Name Change Ticket
      • Limit 2 Per Account

      • 1,000 Pearls Each
  • The following items have had their tool-tip corrected.
    • Agerian Helmet

    • Agerian Helmet of Iron Wall

    • Agerian Helmet of Agility

    • Agerian Helmet of Intimidation

    • Agerian Helmet of Destruction

    • Agerian Helmet of Sacrifice

    • Ultimate Agerian Helmet
Monsters

  • Added new Field Boss “Dastard Bheg”

  • The following Field Boss mechanics have changed.
    • Each Field Boss now has a fixed spawn location.

    • All Field Bosses will not return to full heath if they leave combat.

    • Field Bosses will now attack players who get too close to them with a ranged attack and are invincible when not in combat.
  • Green Orc Skeleton Warrior has had an HP increase.

  • Green Orc Elite Soldier population around Hexe Marie has been increased.

  • Monster arrangement at Calpheon Shrine has been modified and population has been increased.

  • Monster arrangement at Abandoned Monastery has been modified and population has been increased.
UI

  • Changed the horse “Parking” notice to only appear above your horse.
Issues/Bugs

  • Fixed the issue where characters would clip underground when sitting or crawling.

  • Fixed the issue where characters would be under water when they logged in after logging out on a boat.
Ongoing

  • Pet Breeding is disabled pending system changes.
ETC

  • The standard on Channel Server Status has been changed.
    • Example: The number of players need to change status from Crowded to Overrun.
 
I have Most likely Server and possibly region first T6 horse.

Bred 2x Tier 4's at lvl 30.

And even got the color of Tier 6 horse i wanted.

fSAbETH.jpg

USSTrkn.jpg
 
Congrats! You see the fishing outfits?
 

Attachments

  • 2016-03-16_48390907.PNG
    2016-03-16_48390907.PNG
    882.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 2016-03-16_48707145.PNG
    2016-03-16_48707145.PNG
    592 KB · Views: 79
  • 2016-03-16_48390907.PNG
    2016-03-16_48390907.PNG
    882.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 2016-03-16_48717794.PNG
    2016-03-16_48717794.PNG
    560.8 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top