Black Desert Online

I feel like it looks better with the vibrancy filter off as well, i had it on before.

Also i do like that you can randomly back into rocks or other objects and sit on them lol.

JLN6aMd.jpg

e8IEnPu.jpg

So far my biggest issues with the game is the cashshop is fucking absurd, with gear that has stats on it (regardless if its minor or not) and the fact that fullscreen mode is broken and sets my monitor to 24hz. I need fullscreen mode, not fullscreen window mode.

Borderless Window mode@ Medium/Medium: 35 FPS
Fullscreen mode @24hz High/Very High (no high-end): 134 FPS

I gain over 100 FPS, standing in the same spot, just turning on Fullscreen mode and can up the settings drastically. It's just far too cinematic for my taste.

Last edited:
So far my biggest issues with the game is the cashshop is fucking absurd, with gear that has stats on it (regardless if its minor or not) and the fact that fullscreen mode is broken and sets my monitor to 24hz. I need fullscreen mode, not fullscreen window mode.

Borderless Window mode@ Medium/Medium: 35 FPS
Fullscreen mode @24hz High/Very High (no high-end): 134 FPS

I gain over 100 FPS, standing in the same spot, just turning on Fullscreen mode and can up the settings drastically. It's just far too cinematic for my taste.

did you try forcing vsync off in full screen mode?

But i think part of the problem is it is doing what ever hz is the minimum for your monitor, if you can edit your monitors accepted hz settings to only be 60 or 120 or 144 which ever you are looking for, it would run at the desired hz, but that is a lot of hoops to jump through lol

Full Screen mode seems to be working fine for me atm, but i have no idea if its freesync which is allowing it to work full screen

Last edited:
did you try forcing vsync off in full screen mode?

But i think part of the problem is it is doing what ever hz is the minimum for your monitor, if you can edit your monitors accepted hz settings to only be 60 or 120 or 144 which ever you are looking for, it would run at the desired hz, but that is a lot of hoops to jump through lol

Full Screen mode seems to be working fine for me atm, but i have no idea if its freesync which is allowing it to work full screen

It uses whatever the minimum refresh rate is. Your freesync is probably helping you not notice it.

I tried using CRU and stuff to cut out all the non 3840x2160@60 but it just doesn't work. Hell BDO is changing the refresh rate of users at their desktop even. FPS Problems

I feel like it looks better with the vibrancy filter off as well, i had it on before.

Also i do like that you can randomly back into rocks or other objects and sit on them lol.
Yep. You can lean on things too.

blackdesert642016-02-x2pzw.jpg

It uses whatever the minimum refresh rate is. Your freesync is probably helping you not notice it.

I tried using CRU and stuff to cut out all the non 3840x2160@60 but it just doesn't work. Hell BDO is changing the refresh rate of users at their desktop even. FPS Problems

I checked it, and it was giving me 60fps solid full screen.

Same as full screen windowed mode, i dont have vsync forced off, but freesync is on.

Only using a single 290 atm since i doubt it has a crossfire profile.......and have high end mode off, if i turn it on i go to around 45fps

Yep. You can lean on things too.

Yeah i think it is pretty cool when you go into one of those standby modes, leaning or sitting on something you can go into a free fly mode and fly the camera around your character.

I checked it, and it was giving me 60fps solid full screen.

Same as full screen windowed mode, i dont have vsync forced off, but freesync is on.

Only using a single 290 atm since i doubt it has a crossfire profile.......and have high end mode off, if i turn i

I get more than 60fps, its just running at 3840x2160@24hz. If your monitor has an option to display its resolution and refresh rate, id be curious ti see what it says. Maybe you rmonitor just doesnt have lower than 60hz avaiable, dunno.

1920x1080
Freesync range is 30-144hz
Monitor properties list:
144hz
120hz
60hz
30hz
29hz
25hz

I know its running 60hz in full screen mode, i can see the difference when i turn high end mode on and it drops me to 30-45 depending on how fast i move the camera.

1920x1080
Freesync range is 30-144hz
Monitor properties list:
144hz
120hz
60hz
30hz
29hz
25hz

I know its running 60hz in full screen mode, i can see the difference when i turn high end mode on and it drops me to 30-45 depending on how fast i move the camera.

Interesting. You are the only player it works for.

I wonder why that is. Have yoy checked the logs to see what bdo says it's running at too?

Ok there is something i noticed, if i start the game full screen, it drops it to 32hz which is not even a rated hz lol.

But if i start with my monitor at 144hz or 120hz in full screen windowed mode, when i go to full screen mode i see my monitor shift to 60hz mode.

So as long as i don't launch in full screen mode i can still get 60hz in full screen by switching to it.

I have always launched the game in full screen windowed so going full screen would always end up in 60hz mode if it wasn't already in it.

The monitor displays a hz/cable type overly shift top of the screen right when there is a change.

When i alt tab out from full screen mode the monitor jumps to 144hz top right, and when i tab back in it asks me if i want full screen and goes to 60hz mode.

If I run it in exclusive fullscreen mode it will run at 60 Hz. I run my display at 75Hz so that's not optimal. No problems in borderless mode and it's ideal for MMOs in general so I can live with this current situation.

Some say that there's no difference between high end mode on and off but that's not true at all. The shadow filtering is better, ambient occlusion is better, object draw distance and lod is greatly improved etc. There are likely other noticeable differences too. In my opinion it's definitely worth the FPS drop considering that it still runs well enough at least on my system.

BAzaaij.gif

I'm forcing HQ 16x anisotropic filtering through drivers since it looks like the game uses only trilinear filtering.

Last edited:
Guys, how is 4k performance?
I'm not in the beta, but I have downloaded the free character creator, and I'm having about 30-40 fps in it. Feels bad as I want this game but I'm not going to play it on anything less but 45 fps with everything maxed out at 4k.

I'm not in the beta, but I have downloaded the free character creator, and I'm having about 30-40 fps in it. Feels bad as I want this game but I'm not going to play it on anything less but 45 fps with everything maxed out at 4k.

With full screen mode its possible. You wont be able to use high pc mode or whatever. They just gotta fix the bug.

Check sig for my pc specs.

With full screen mode its possible. You wont be able to use high pc mode or whatever. They just gotta fix the bug.

Check sig for my pc specs.

Isn't full screen mode bugged where it lowers your screen refresh rate? How is borderless performance? This is what I mostly play.
What do you mean "high pc mode"?
How is your fps with everything maxed?

Hope you don't mind all these questions :)

Isn't full screen mode bugged where it lowers your screen refresh rate? How is borderless performance? This is what I mostly play.
What do you mean "high pc mode"?
How is your fps with everything maxed?

Hope you don't mind all these questions :)

Borderless window mode is around a 100fps loss on my PC. On medium settings borderless I get around 45ish fps. Everything maxed out 12-20fps.
Fullscreen mode, is around 60-80 everything at high/very high except high-pc settings (It is a setting that adds extra stuff but really hurts fps)

Yes, it locks the refresh rate down as it is currently bugged.

Borderless window mode is around a 100fps loss on my PC. On medium settings borderless I get around 45ish fps. Everything maxed out 12-20fps.
Fullscreen mode, is around 60-80 everything at high/very high except high-pc settings (It is a setting that adds extra stuff but really hurts fps)

Yes, it locks the refresh rate down as it is currently bugged.

Hmm I see. 60-80 fps is quite amazing at 4k and nearly maxed out! How much loss do you get if you turn even high-pc settings?

Hmm I see. 60-80 fps is quite amazing at 4k and nearly maxed out! How much loss do you get if you turn even high-pc settings?

Mid 30's.

Again, I get those FPS, but the game locks the refresh rate to 24hz, which also screws up the color pallet of my display making it look like complete shit. If they can fix that, It has great performance in SLI, which requires fullscreen mode.

Mid 30's.

Again, I get those FPS, but the game locks the refresh rate to 24hz, which also screws up the color pallet of my display making it look like complete shit. If they can fix that, It has great performance in SLI, which requires fullscreen mode.

I read somewherer that if you turn V-Sync off it doesn't lock the refresh rate?
Thanks for answering my questions, really appreaciate it!

I read somewherer that if you turn V-Sync off it doesn't lock the refresh rate?
Thanks for answering my questions, really appreaciate it!

You read wrong.

It unlocks the FPS, but it still fucks your refresh rate.

So it runs at 3840x2160@24hz @ 60-80fps.

Create a resolution like 3840x2158 @60 Hz and then set GPU display scaling to aspect ratio and it should work. You'll get black 1 pixel borders above and below the image but at least it should run at 60 Hz.

Create a resolution like 3840x2158 @60 Hz and then set GPU display scaling to aspect ratio and it should work. You'll get black 1 pixel borders above and below the image but at least it should run at 60 Hz.

Hasn't worked oddly. I tried CRU and everything. Some people are thinking its related to HDMI but I dunno. My screen only has HDMI so I cant try DP. I dunno if DP to HDMi would work, and I am not gonna spend money on a games bug lol

Hasn't worked oddly. I tried CRU and everything. Some people are thinking its related to HDMI but I dunno. My screen only has HDMI so I cant try DP. I dunno if DP to HDMi would work, and I am not gonna spend money on a games bug lol

I should mention maybe i am using display port, which is obvious since i use freesync but might not be if your not too familiure with the tech.

So i can get it to work full screen mode 60hz using display port.

I should mention maybe i am using display port, which is obvious since i use freesync but might not be if your not too familiure with the tech.

Sadly my screen is HDMI 2.0 only.

I use HDMI and if I use DSR the game will run at 4K@60Hz. I use CRU and only available 1080p resolutions are 60 Hz and 75 Hz.

By the way, I came into conclusion that I actually like Valkyrie play style quite a lot. It's a bit shame that visually ranger heads are higher quality. I can't quite decide what class to play first.

Last edited:

2x 980SLI @4k. I'm not reaching 60fps with everything maxed, but my cards and CPU aren't maxed either. FPS is normally in the 45-57 range. I might need to tweak some of the settings in the Nvidia control panel.

$8 - $17 a month for dye. ;) Wonder what our launch price will be?

They've said no Prmeium Subs for US/EU.

2x 980SLI @4k. I'm not reaching 60fps with everything maxed, but my cards and CPU aren't maxed either. FPS is normally in the 45-57 range. I might need to tweak some of the settings in the Nvidia control panel.

That sounds good.
I wonder though why I'm having sluggish fps in the free character creator?

They've said no Prmeium Subs for US/EU.
Sli only kicks in in fullscreen if you arent running it. Also force vsync off to see cards at max.

So I tried this game over the weekend in the beta, do you guys really like this game? For me I enjoyed the graphics and testing it out on max settings, the game looks great. But I really don't see anything that it offers that puts it in a category of anything different that has come out over the last couple of years. It has cool combat, reminiscent of TERA but taken up a notch, but honestly everything else to me seems meh. Solo quest hub grinder, meaningless dialogue. I still can't get over gender locked classes either, it pains me that they couldn't take the time to make this work for the western release, but oh well.

I enjoyed it a lot, mostly the combat is super smooth, it will be hard for me to give it a proper opinion tho until ive gotten to late game pvp some and see how it all truly pans out, highest level ive gotten in beta is around 23 i never really get much higher in the beta since i know it gets wiped so i try not to put too much time into it, messed around with a few things like fishing and tamed a horse.

I know ill be playing it on the 1st when my head start from my package begins.

I like open world pvp so the guild vs guild war system intrigues me tho i have not had a chance to actually try it.

Can anyone compare it to Vindictus. Comparing it to Tera doesn't mean much to me, as I found that people like to say it's like Vindictus but when I tried it, I felt the combat in Tera was shit.

How is the skill system as well? Is it like perks? Or You train through repetition? Or do you level up a certain level to learn a certain skill? Or even a grid system?

You can pick any skill as long as you are high enough level to get it, and have skill points to spend on it.

You earn skill points through combat experience and leveling up, in CBT2 lvl 55 was a soft cap you can keep getting combat experience and getting more skill points to eventually have everything unlocked with enough combat xp grinding. I think you need around 1500 skill points to get every skill, you should have around 700ish around lvl 50.

I guess to kinda see how combat plays out, watching some videos of class skills in action with the key presses needed to use them would be a good place to start.

I've seen combat vids, just not how skills are learned. So thanks, for that.
Sounds kind of like D2 ish.

Will there be any change to this game compared to russian F2P? I wasn't in the beta, but I tried the russian version yesterday and I'm torn to be honest. The game does a lot of things good, and a lot of things bad.
4k support seems to be lacking. UI is tiny, there's UI scale but it just pushes UI outside the screen. I have no clue if this is only the case for russian version or global.
The combat is fluid, a bit over the top and I'm kinda disappointed in visuals. I'm not sure if something is wrong with my PC, but 4k maxed out is, bleh. The characters look good but the world is average imo.
And gender lock is horrible. I'm not sure what they were thinking. Forced into playing a male/female/old man?
I'm disappointed in cash shop as well. I don't mind it being expensive, but the stuff there is not very pretty or cool. And I don't like that dyes are one time use only.
I only got to lvl 10 on my sorceress though, I like the playstyle. I will try to get higher this week and see how it feels after a while. I don't mind grind fests though, I come from Lineage 2 days :)
Too bad the russian version have crappy english translation :)

Also, do characters change looks with gear? Because I equipped some (low lvl) chest armor and boots on my character and her clothes didn't change a bit.

They do change look though the difference is not usually that big.

Also, do characters change looks with gear? Because I equipped some (low lvl) chest armor and boots on my character and her clothes didn't change a bit.

There are like 5 different looks for in game armor i believe, and then there is a cash shop that has more. Which is a remnant of the game actually being a free to play game there are few in game armor choices for visual but they are there.

Also armor visually degrades as it takes wear damage.

The armor/clothes you see in the Character Editor basically shows off all the in game armor, and then also shows 1 of the premium cash shop items.

Depending on the class, some in game armor looks better than other.

I see. Think I'll stick to sorceress, the class looks fun :)

BTW, I guess there are no region limitations? If I preorder US version, I can still play on EU servers?
Because US version is cheaper than EU and I can just use VPN to get the US version :)

I see. Think I'll stick to sorceress, the class looks fun :)

BTW, I guess there are no region limitations? If I preorder US version, I can still play on EU servers?
Because US version is cheaper than EU and I can just use VPN to get the US version :)

Yeah they both use the same game, You choose the region you want to play in the launcher.

Back