Black Desert Online

I think that this will be my Valkyrie more or less:
blackdesert642016-01-wipcc.png

I've pretty much wrapped my Ranger too but the face type that I used has a bug where adjusting the corner of the eye makes spike appear on the back of the skull. So... Unless they fix that before launch I have to start with other class.

I'll definitely want to make wizard too but I know that I don't really have to spend time tweaking it so I'll just concentrate on getting mah chicks right.

EDIT:
Backup plan Ranger:
blackdesert642016-01-yroh3.jpg

Last edited:
I started working on my tamer last night, also made my beast tamer for the event thing.

My wife said she would like to play this game so I am going to be getting it for her if the quests are involving and worth doing (I'll be getting it for her anyways, but if it has good questing she will play it longer). She isn't a person that likes to rush through games to play an "end game" like there is an end of a game that never ends. :) She prefers to play all the aspects of the game and play the journey and not just 'get through' it. My question for those that have been playing it already on other servers is: Are the quests good? Is there a lot to do in crafting? Is there a music playing system? What other features does it have?

I believe endgame currently is just PVP so if she isn't into PVP endgame may not matter. I may be wrong though since admittedly I haven't followed the game all that closely.

I'll buy a key for CBT 2 and make my decision whether to buy or not based on that. Hoping it's amazing, but the pessimist in me doesn't think it's going to come close to FFXIV. We shall see.

I'm going to try this no matter what...
I couldn't even log into Blade and Soul....

CBT2 key giveaways are everywhere. It should be pretty easy to get a key now.

CBT2 key giveaways are everywhere. It should be pretty easy to get a key now.

Example?

edit:

Haven't found a single place giving away keys after searching the first 3 pages of Google results. All spam sites or out of keys. So not very easy.

Last edited:
Example?

edit:

Haven't found a single place giving away keys after searching the first 3 pages of Google results. All spam sites or out of keys. So not very easy.

I have no idea what you typed in Google but if you didn't end up here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/
you probably did something wrong. If you don't have over one month old reddit account then you have to try other giveaways. There are quite a few sites that are giving keys out.

Last edited:
I automatically get in to the beta, but i do i have like 4 or 5 emails signed up, for randomly getting keys as well if i get any extra's ill share them.

Also i can't decide on hair color eye color combo's here are a few i have looked at with many more combinations to try still..

Y3HtmnU.jpg

cjs3YOH.jpg

oYnG7WQ.jpg

I think the blue+ purple hair works very well together.

Not sure about which eyes though, there's so many combinations.

I got CBT2 key. It's definitely good idea to check out /r/blackdesertonline/ from time to time.

I do want to try it pretty bad, esp since people seem to hate on the combat but it seemed like Vindictus, which I absolutely loved. If it were not for the difficulty barred, in large part, by equipment grinding... I would still be paying Vindictus a good bit. And that's coming from someone who tend to get bored with MMOs moderately quick... with a few exceptions.

50,000+ entries for 5000 keys, lol. And you have to use Facebook or Twitter to enter. I don't have either. Think I'll just buy one for a couple dollars.

"19,868 Total entries with 66 minutes remaining."

P.S. nobody cares that you live in the Dinosaur era, as far as Facebook is concerned. You don't need a Facebook account, you just need to visit their Facebook page, which is as simple as opening a URL: https://www.facebook.com/VG247

So far you are 0 for 2 and can't read & comprehend the English language?

You can now redeem your CBT2 key if you have one. You can download the client on Tuesday.
cbt2vtofh.png

I do want to try it pretty bad, esp since people seem to hate on the combat but it seemed like Vindictus, which I absolutely loved. If it were not for the difficulty barred, in large part, by equipment grinding... I would still be paying Vindictus a good bit. And that's coming from someone who tend to get bored with MMOs moderately quick... with a few exceptions.

They hate on the combat?

The combat is the best part of what sets this game apart, its really fast and fluid and i like it a lot.

They hate on the combat?

The combat is the best part of what sets this game apart, its really fast and fluid and i like it a lot.

In general people love the combat (and especially the combat). Are we talking about the same game? :D

They hate on the combat?

Maybe it's because I was looking at Blade and Soul stuff for a while, but that seems to be the case. Even before it, tehre were some haters. But a recent comment I remember is "Play blade and soul for story, combat, gameplay", play Black Desert for graphics."

That said, for both games, I saw some instances of a mob fight or a group battle against a boss, and it becomes a huge clusterfuck that I can't identify a person's hand from their feet. In both games.

I need to upload the ones I have for mine setup so far

i haven't tried this at all yet, is it just another solo mmo quest grinder? i thought b&s was ok but it couldn't do much to keep me entertained for long

i need camelot unchained or pantheon in my near future

I'm going to try Valkyrie in CBT2 this time. Is it just me or does the Valkyrie face options seem to lack detail? Especially the textures are kinda meh and meshes are all almost the same. Hair options don't seem to be as good quality wise either (some just don't move properly thus they look rather stupid). Also there's something weird stuff going on with Valkyrie's neck.

This is more or less the Valk that I'll play.
blackdesert642016-02-1yqb3.png

blackdesert642016-02-1mpjn.png

I thought about checking out the Valkyrie in the Beta, but i keep leaning to just doing the tamer again since that is what i want to play at release and i feel like i need more time getting used to the combos, and maybe plan out my skills better.

Just got a CBT2 key from the Dev via email. Pleasant little surprise.

nice none of the emails i used or my friends have gotten a key, the only email they have gotten is one with details about the beta but no keys.

They sent this to all the emails, that signed up but didnt include any keys, so when you are constantly checking to see if you got in and you come across this its like a slap in the face seeing it in the email with no key lol.

IMPORTANT CLOSED BETA INFO
Dear Players,

It is nearly time for the second Closed Beta test and we have some important updates for you.

Explorer’s and Conqueror’s package holders.
For those who have pre-ordered Explorer’s and Conqueror’s packages will have automatic access to the second Closed Beta Test after logging into their account. (There is no need to register again.) Here you will find instructions on how to access the client download.

Don’t have a pre-order package?
You can still enjoy the benefits such as early game access and exclusive items by pre-ordering Black Desert Online here. If you are lucky enough to have received a key from us or our media partners you can now redeem it at the key redemption page.

Important dates:

12th of February: Key redemption starts, redeem your key here.
16th of February: Client download will be made available (you will also need to download the client even if you have the CBT1 client installed / The CBT1 client is now obsolete). We recommend to delete the CBT1 client before installing the CBT2 client to avoid potential conflicts.
18th of February at 08:00 UTC: servers open.
22nd of February at 08:00 UTC: servers close.

For event info and up to date news follow us on Twitter, Facebook and the official forums.

See you in-game!

The Black Desert Online team.

That sucks. Here's the one you're waiting for. And it's subject line is "Black Desert Online Beta Key".

Congratulations!

We would like to invite you to follow the call of the Black Spirit, who has chosen you to help him on his mission. Explore the huge world of Black Desert Online and discover its secrets.

To make sure that we can offer everyone a great service in the future, we would like to kindly ask you for your help in testing Black Desert Online.

You will be able to experience the game up to level 55, participate in PvP from level 45, fight alone or join a guild to conquer the world. Discover mysterious places, encounter thrilling boss fights or reveal one of many more features in Black Desert Online.

Welcome to the Beta!

Please follow the steps below to get ready for the second closed beta.
Start: February 18th - 08:00 a.m. UTC
End: February 22nd, 08:00 a.m. UTC

Your Beta Key:

068H-80C1-B498-5237-8008

came here to post that, animations when she twirls around look really nice and smooth

Holy shit balls... I was just going to ask if you could play Tamer without the "taming" and that whole video basically showed just that!

That looks awesome! Valkyrie seemed slow and that could bore me, despite playing a Fifi in Vindictus.

Holy shit balls... I was just going to ask if you could play Tamer without the "taming" and that whole video basically showed just that!

That looks awesome! Valkyrie seemed slow and that could bore me, despite playing a Fifi in Vindictus.

it is worth pointing out that is the korean version, we have no ETA on when the awakening will filter over to the NA/EU region

Also the Tamer never really tames anything, at lvl 20 you just get your beast and it pretty much just attacks stuff for you and works off your combos, it is one of the better PVE farming classes tho since it is AOE heavy and the beast allows you to pull 2x as many enemies.

Last edited:
Well, I was pretty sure you wouldn't tame anything... the last game I can think of that did it was UO. But past that, I only see a tamer, starting off or get a preset beast. I was referring to more of using a beast in combat.

As for this... so does that mean it won't start with it but is an add on, later on?

I guess it wouldn't hurt to try tamer in CBT2... I wish that it would be easier to make tamer that would look a bit older.

wip
blackdesert642016-02-l1pj1.png

You can now download the CBT2 client by the way.

Back