Black Desert Online

so uh equipments having no skins is pretty fucking dumb
i would not want to farm for high end gear

Last edited:
can't get the game to run in "full screen" only windows full screen properly, otherwise it will drop to 24hz ~.~ weird!!

there are other costumes / armor in the game from loot, its just some stuff wont change the look, like adding a hood / helmet doesnt seem to add a helmet on the character, atleast not the one i have, the chest piece i got in game did swap my outfit look slightly, it could just be some of the early stuff doesnt change much as well its far too early for me to give a solid look at this aspect

i had to stop a little while ago, but i am having fun, i really like the combat system so far.

Must be a lot of people playing I can't seem to get connected to the server

Must be a lot of people playing I can't seem to get connected to the server

i didnt have issue earlier, but i guess people are getting off work now east coast, ect.

at the start of the beta getting logged in was an issue for me tho.

All of the costumes have durability. Check out the first minute of this video when he gets to the black costume. Then he shows what it looks like when your durability gets low.

The guy has some terrible jokes. So just watch the first minute.

Also the spell correction in Microsoft Edge tries it's best to make me seem like an idiot.

i had to stop a little while ago, but i am having fun, i really like the combat system so far.

Guess I'll grab one of the packages whenever the game is close to launch. No subscription has me excited.

Outfits? Did you say outfits? Steparu uploaded 11 cash shop outfit preview videos to her channel. When I was watching streamers earlier this year they were getting some outfits for completing various jobs in the game. Since their clients were in pure Korean, I have no idea what the stipulations were for getting an outfit.

Some nice sets of armor there, and then the usual eye candy as well.... :eek:

https://youtu.be/tVhlTjK36D0?t=2m31s

I cant play tonight but I'm planning to spend the next few days giving it a go.

Just FYI. If you start the game in full screen mode, it will change your systems refresh rate to 50hz, even after you leave the game. So run it in full screen windowed. And if you've already been playing in full screen, you might want to check your refresh rate and set it back to it's normal setting.

I pretty much agree with you. Though, I guess the combat is somewhat similar to ESO but with better feel to it (seems to be pretty responsive, animations are better, sounds, everything really) and completely different tempo.

You can totally make fugly and fatso character too.
blackdesert642015-12-03qik.jpg

It's Anna Kendrick.

Just FYI. If you start the game in full screen mode, it will change your systems refresh rate to 50hz, even after you leave the game. So run it in full screen windowed. And if you've already been playing in full screen, you might want to check your refresh rate and set it back to it's normal setting.

Yea, this I read this earlier.

Man, this game runs like ass on my 780/2600k.

Have to turn textures to medium and other things. Figured I could at least get it to the "light high" graphics.

I wish ithere was some AA options besides "on or off." That's usually where I can sacrifice some things to get fps when I need it. I don't mind iilower AA, but AA off makes it so jaggy.

I'm pleasantly surprised by this game. It has a fuckton of potential. It's beta, so there's some issues, but overall it's really fun. The combat actually takes a little practice and isn't just "click and wait". The graphics are gorgeous. Not sure if it's using both my cards, but it runs at 60 FPS with everything maxed on the rig in my sig. The fucking interface is extremely slick and extremely refreshing. There's never been a character creation this in depth. Like it's scary it's so detailed. The map is very well done. It really is a giant departure from every other MMORPG I've ever played, and I haven't even scratched the surface of the crafting, PVP, and everything else yet. Tons of fucking potential and this game feels like it's made by people who play and love MMORPGS. Just so many little things done right.

I'm gonna play for the next few days until the CBT 1 is done, but as of right now this is a must buy for me. And maybe even the $100 preorder. I'll report back as I play more and let you know if anything changes.

I wont be spending 100 on it, but i am likely going to pony up for the $50 pre order at the end of the beta.

I'm pleasantly surprised by this game. It has a fuckton of potential. It's beta, so there's some issues, but overall it's really fun. The combat actually takes a little practice and isn't just "click and wait". The graphics are gorgeous. Not sure if it's using both my cards, but it runs at 60 FPS with everything maxed on the rig in my sig. The fucking interface is extremely slick and extremely refreshing. There's never been a character creation this in depth. Like it's scary it's so detailed. The map is very well done. It really is a giant departure from every other MMORPG I've ever played, and I haven't even scratched the surface of the crafting, PVP, and everything else yet. Tons of fucking potential and this game feels like it's made by people who play and love MMORPGS. Just so many little things done right.

I'm gonna play for the next few days until the CBT 1 is done, but as of right now this is a must buy for me. And maybe even the $100 preorder. I'll report back as I play more and let you know if anything changes.

Yea, I'm really digging it, it just feels immersive, not like the same old same old theme park mmo's. Yea, there is questing, but the face that nothing instanced it just feels refreshing.

I wont be spending 100 on it, but i am likely going to pony up for the $50 pre order at the end of the beta.

Yeah, I hope it really is as good as it seems. I really get the impression these people know how to make a MMORPG that people will stick with.

Yea, I'm really digging it, it just feels immersive, not like the same old same old theme park mmo's. Yea, there is questing, but the face that nothing instanced it just feels refreshing.

The fact that it is actually different than all the WoW copies is why I'm probably preordering. So many MMORPG's have been released in the last few years claiming that they were new and different. And they are all copies. And I can't get over the freaking graphics. It was just raining and the water hitting the puddles was amazing. Like maxed level Witcher 3 good. And the whole game is like that. And this is just the beta. I can't imagine what it will look like after a couple betas and a few more months of work.

Can't wait to see this game once the localization and voice acting is done. Right now you can tell localization is later down the line. So many weird interactions, lol. Every time I talk to the black spirit thing I usually end up like "What now?"

I think the game is pretty, but I have no clue what I am doing in the game. Maybe I am just missing some of the hints, but there seems to be a lot going on very early on with no clue what any of it is.

For example I foraged since I saw I could click R in the starter area on a plant and a symbol which I guess represents strength popped up with a down arrow.

Streamers said that full voice acting is being added for the Western release. So all of those quests will have audio soon.

Yeah, there's really not a lot of backstory or anything in place yet. I even found a couple menus that were still in Korean. So I'd say this beta is mainly a stress test and to see if there are any game breaking bugs. I'm sure there will be tons of steamlining and optimizing in the months before release.

Hell, I'm surprised how smooth things are going right now. I don't really know WHY I'm doing the things I'm doing since the story isn't really in place yet, but everything I'm doing is interesting and it works.

Pretty much just had time to create my character and log in.
One-shotted two critters in the starting area which brought me to level 4. Wat?

First impressions:
Ugly UI
Few, genderlocked classes to choose from
Really bad sound effect quality (sounds like old 64kbps mp3s)
60 fps cap
Clunky movement, especially jumping
Neat character creation, but seems limited to recreating your favorite k-pop idol

i believe there are plans to have more western face templates at launch for all the classes.

I enjoy the feel of the movement, the jumping has weight to it, which most mmo's lack and always feel floaty.

plus its hard to judge the default jump, when our movement speed is so low at the start of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HsJ8jVXP2E

video of a kunoichi with max speed

Pretty much just had time to create my character and log in.
One-shotted two critters in the starting area which brought me to level 4. Wat?

First impressions:
Ugly UI
Few, genderlocked classes to choose from
Really bad sound effect quality (sounds like old 64kbps mp3s)
60 fps cap
Clunky movement, especially jumping
Neat character creation, but seems limited to recreating your favorite k-pop idol

Yea, combat seems interesting but the movement is terrible, just feels awkward. Right now I am glad I didnt buy the game yet. Based on what I have played so far I am not going to like this game long term unless they make a LOT of improvements.

Made it to lvl 21 with the Tamer so far, she is pretty bad ass with her large spirit cat, liking the way this character feels.

I might start another character tomorrow to see how i feel about another class, but when the game comes out ill most likely play a Tamer after what i have seen so far, unless they manage to get Kunoichi out by release time.

So far my biggest annoyance with the game, is the silver currency. Everything looks like it has inflated prices, as if there are too many 0's at the end of stuff like they need to just hack a couple 0's off all the items, and same for rewards. I mean it makes since when you are from korea to see numbers like that since their Won currency, but its hard to get used to such inflated numbers.

There's way too much particle and flashy effects, which could give some one a seizure. I don't mind nice flashy skills, but everyhting is flashy.

Whats the gem store like? Is there am option to trade real world money for in game currency a la Guild Wars 2 where you can buy gems and then trade them for gold?

Whats the gem store like? Is there am option to trade real world money for in game currency a la Guild Wars 2 where you can buy gems and then trade them for gold?

its not in the beta, and its supposed to be different from the korean version of the store so not sure what it will be like.

I must say that I quite like playing this. When I play I want to have fun and so far this has been quite nice. Surprisingly solid beta and I haven't had any major issues so far.

Looks pretty daumn nice too.
CfeEnXB.jpg

Last edited:
Back