Black Desert Online

I used to play a amazon and sorc from d2 and some of the older games, but these games.... I just can't seem to enjoy it. That archer doesn't look very fun at all. I might try a magician when I can try the game. If it sucks, then a warrior of some sort.

I used to play a amazon and sorc from d2 and some of the older games, but these games.... I just can't seem to enjoy it. That archer doesn't look very fun at all. I might try a magician when I can try the game. If it sucks, then a warrior of some sort.

I like the combat, better than the tab targeting.

Closed Beta 1 starts, 16th and ends 22nd, week long beta could be fun.

Hoping to get a key still.

This game does look interesting to me, Character creation looks amazing little disappointed the classes i would prefer to play Kunoichi or Blader wont be in the initial release.

Seems like it has potential from reading about it and watching korean videos.

The client is up for download if you have a CBT1 key, can't play until Wed. tho.

Ohm1WRI.jpg

Looks like there's only Russian keys available. Anywhere else to get one?

bought a key. Where do I download the client and register the key?

EDIT:
NVM guess I have been going to the wrong site. Got it now

Last edited:
I've been following this game for quite some time and it does look rather interesting.

Just a tip, if you do buy from there make sure you uncheck the "buyer protection" that's right below the price of the key, you can save 91 cents off it.

Got my key from Reddit. There was pretty big giveaway on /r/blackdesertonline.

So 3 hours later finally decided on a character and made a tamer.

sCmdYxu.jpg

yqWt93a.jpg

She looks like Kristin Kreuk lol

Btw, I heard the game is capped at 60fps and screws with your refresh rate if you high rated refresh rate monitor switching it to 60hz.

Last edited:
She looks like Kristin Kreuk lol

Btw, I heard the game is capped at 60fps and screws with your refresh rate if you high rated refresh rate monitor switching it to 60hz.

Why any developer would make this 'design choice' to cap the fps is beyond me..

Hmm... I think I like this. UI is definitely a bit messy and I hope that there's some kind of way to disable the sharpening filter. The character creator is absolutely sick. I like the ranger class.

blackdesert642015-12-ykpkk.jpg

blackdesert642015-12-ogrkw.jpg

blackdesert642015-12-0kqsx.jpg

Hmm, looks interesting. On reddit there seems to be a lot of concern over the game being P2W though. I may buy a beta key just to check it out. I'd love to find an MMO that I could put some time into, but nothing currently out interests me.

Hmm, looks interesting. On reddit there seems to be a lot of concern over the game being P2W though. I may buy a beta key just to check it out. I'd love to find an MMO that I could put some time into, but nothing currently out interests me.

Because it's reddit :D

honestly, I don't even think the other version are P2W, I don't see why it would be here.

Well I got a key and am downloading now. Not going back to work until the new year, so plenty time to try new games. I watched some streams on Twitch just now, and graphically it looks great. The UI looks WAY better than the dated one in FFXIV.

First impressions, played for a bit until around lvl 9 so far:

The English voice acting is no in it, (it will have it) So i have been skipping most of the dialogue, so no real comments about that.

Combat is interesting and hard to get used to but it is a drastic change from any mmo i have played before, and offers some real potential even at low level it feels nice. Getting used to the controls is going to take some time tho.

The characters feel like they have weight too them when they move, if you jump it feels like there is some impact when you land ect.

UI is a bit of a sensory overload but you can customize it a lot, there is no shortage of menu's for various things tho.

Visually the game is amazing for a fantasy mmo

Main concerns are how cash shop will be handled as well as there being plenty of outfit/gear to wear that actually has an impact on how you look, from my impressions so far gear is invisible, and you just wear a different outfit to change your look which seams like a poor way to handle equipment unless your focus is on selling outfits in the cash shop.

The English voice acting is no in it, (it will have it) So i have been skipping most of the dialogue, so no real comments about that.

Combat is interesting and hard to get used to but it is a drastic change from any mmo i have played before, and offers some real potential even at low level it feels nice. Getting used to the controls is going to take some time tho.

The characters feel like they have weight too them when they move, if you jump it feels like there is some impact when you land ect.

UI is a bit of a sensory overload but you can customize it a lot, there is no shortage of menu's for various things tho.

Main concerns are how cash shop will be handled as well as there being plenty of outfit/gear to wear that actually has an impact on how you look, from my impressions so far gear is invisible, and you just wear a different outfit to change your look which seams like a poor way to handle equipment unless your focus is on selling outfits in the cash shop.
So if you change armor, it doesn't show on your character at all? Hopefully that's not the case. I like having items change my characters look. You start out simple, and end up looking awesome at higher levels. Maybe they have it disabled in the beta, like the voice acting?

The shop was the biggest concern that I saw on Reddit. I've read a couple other articles on game sites, and they all say it cosmetic stuff only. But Reddit seems to think it's P2W.

I pretty much agree with you. Though, I guess the combat is somewhat similar to ESO but with better feel to it (seems to be pretty responsive, animations are better, sounds, everything really) and completely different tempo.

You can totally make fugly and fatso character too.
blackdesert642015-12-03qik.jpg

So wtf is up with the installing of this game?

I downloaded it, I installed it, I start the launcher (desktop icon) and it asks me to installt he game again...

The gam eis taking up 55gb or hard drive space and now it says not enough space (I have 35gb left).

Why is it trying to redownload/installt he entire game? I looked in the game folder and tried using the launcher.exe inside it and same thing.

^^

That's how it is in a lot of these Korea developed games. Like Blade and Soul, the costumes is what is shown on you, that have no stats, and the gear you get with the stats are just that with no outward apperance. Costumes is what makes them money in-game, which to me isn't a bad way to monetize it if they have no stats on them.

Hmm, not sure if I'll like that. There's no "Wow, that guy there has XXX armor. That's hard to get" factor. I can see everyone running around in the same exact outfits. No real differences. In most game people are wearing peacemeal looking outfits until they get those final parts of the set, which keeps everyone from being dressed exactly alike.

Koreans know how to do MMO's from what I've read, so maybe it won't bug me. 75% done with the 27.77 GB download. So I'll know if it bothers me soon enough.

So if you change armor, it doesn't show on your character at all? Hopefully that's not the case. I like having items change my characters look. You start out simple, and end up looking awesome at higher levels. Maybe they have it disabled in the beta, like the voice acting?

The shop was the biggest concern that I saw on Reddit. I've read a couple other articles on game sites, and they all say it cosmetic stuff only. But Reddit seems to think it's P2W.

Sadly this seems to be how they plan to make tehir money.

The gear you loot almost never visually shows on your character, it's just invisible.

IF you want new outfits you'll have to buy them with real money.

I think that is a HUGE mistake, especially since that's like one of the MAIN things that drive people to play mmo's, the "loot" aspect and getting rare/unique loot that visually makes your character look different from others.

You can still do "costumes" and have unique/cool money-only costumes (look at virtually any other mmo that has a cash shop).

Especially considering this isn't a f2p game but b2p like guild wars 2.

Sadly this seems to be how they plan to make tehir money.

The gear you loot almost never visually shows on your character, it's just invisible.

IF you want new outfits you'll have to buy them with real money.

I think that is a HUGE mistake, especially since that's like one of the MAIN things that drive people to play mmo's, the "loot" aspect and getting rare/unique loot that visually makes your character look different from others.

You can still do "costumes" and have unique/cool money-only costumes (look at virtually any other mmo that has a cash shop).

Especially considering this isn't a f2p game but b2p like guild wars 2.

Yeah, I could see this working for super special costumes that people might want, but I think the items we loot should change the appearance of our character. So if you never spend any money, are you stuck with the default constume?

Yeah, I could see this working for super special costumes that people might want, but I think the items we loot should change the appearance of our character. So if you never spend any money, are you stuck with the default constume?

I think, but not 100% sure that you'll be able to get costumes in-game too.

Back