Black Desert Online

It looks like there isn't nearly enough whales on Croxus. Only few items now and then and it's pretty much impossible to buy those. No matter what tactic I use someone is apparently always faster.

Saw this on Reddit about how to get S rank on Karanda before the Awakening happens. It seems that this boss drops the BiS Dandelion weapon. I haven't tried it myself. Literally just saw this and figured someone might be interested.

When you talk to Clarkster, the Karanda Ridge node manager, you can get knowledge on the Harpy Queen for free at 401+ amity.

Karanda Ridge is north of Delphe Knights Castle along the cliff, and you have to get knowledge on some of the harpies there to talk to the node manager.

Best amity combo for his minigame is Black Harpy Elite -> Harpy Abductor -> Harpy -> Harpy Warrior -> Harpy Mage, so if you don't have the knowledge of those 5 harpies, you can farm the harpies around Clarkster until you do. His minigame can be annoying so bring 50-100 energy to him.

Right now you can get knowledge on the Karanda for free. I don't know if its a glitch but right now getting S rank Karanda is really easy, it only costs 10 energy on a Calpheon library alt or 20 loyalty per reset; actually getting the knowledge for Karanda costs 0.

This boss drops the best in slot awakening weapon, the Dandelion weapon, so everyone should get S rank on her before awakening weapons are released.

Pay2Win is awesome. I'm going to level a character to 50 and grind some gold to buy pets. This is the greatest thing they ever added to the game.

Costume Set $19,913,400
Value Pack (30 Days) $8,281,361
Desert Fox (Pet) $ 5,920,200

yeah cash shop selling should be very tolerable for the non-cash shop seller at these prices

some people think it's a slippery slope for more P2W down the line, but I'm going to judge the game based on its current state and there isn't much advantage given to the cash shop seller at these silver prices

yeah cash shop selling should be very tolerable for the non-cash shop seller at these prices

some people think it's a slippery slope for more P2W down the line, but I'm going to judge the game based on its current state and there isn't much advantage given to the cash shop seller at these silver prices

At the rate things are going, we will receive the 100mil boost to market prices Korea received in the last little bit. This will put cash shop items selling for 100mil.

This was rather profitable fishing trip...
blackdesert642016-08-yojf1.png

At the rate things are going, we will receive the 100mil boost to market prices Korea received in the last little bit. This will put cash shop items selling for 100mil.
Nah. You can't compare Korea silver to EU/NA silver.

Pay2Win is awesome. I'm going to level a character to 50 and grind some gold to buy pets. This is the greatest thing they ever added to the game.

Costume Set $19,913,400
Value Pack (30 Days) $8,281,361
Desert Fox (Pet) $ 5,920,200
I'd agree if it would actually be possible to buy anything...

Lel, managed to buy that romance marine set for my kunoichi. At least she looks a bit sleeker now since the default gear doesn't look that good. If I could get the ranger version then that would be nice too...

Awakenings are coming soon after GamesCom.

I stopped for a couple of months and just started back up. I'm playing it in ultra casual mode.
I've player it ultra casual even since launch. I just chill and do whatever I feel like doing. That's actually why I like this. I'm not forced to do anything, really. Also at the moment there really isn't any other game out there that I'd like to play.

Anyway... This is how my kunoichi looks like. Rendered by potato.
blackdesert642016-08-5yuyh.jpg

blackdesert642016-08-mnuty.jpg

blackdesert642016-08-90uvj.jpg

EDIT:
Cool... Finally managed to snipe an outfit for my ranger too.

EDIT2:
Gotta love these ~6 million fishing trips.
BlackDesert64 2016-08-16 17-31-39-194.png

Last edited:
These are some pretty nifty Developer Diaries with subtitles for those of us that can't read Korean.

Valencia 2 and Warrior Awakening expected to release 8/31/2016. People in an uproar that it's not multiple class awakenings simultaneously.

I play a Witch so I don't care.

They updated the announcement to say that they are releasing the awakenings in pairs. Wonder if that means that Valkyrie comes with Warrior?

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are excited to announce new information on one of the most heavily requested and discussed content releases of Black Desert Online. As many of you are aware by now, at Gamescom, we announced the release for Awakenings. The content will be released on a bi-weekly basis starting with the Warrior class on August 31st, followed by the Sorceress on September 14th. We intend to release each awakening in 2 week intervals, this will allow time for any issues that may arise to be addressed and promote a smooth service. We will do our best to make sure that every class awakening can be released by the end of the year.

The initial plan was to start releasing the awakenings around the end of this year, but the plan has been adjusted from what we’ve originally intended due to high demand. As seen in other regions, these updates usually took some time and were made over several months. However, our developers, Pearl Abyss, have indicated they would like to bring the NA/EU region up to the most current version of Black Desert Online by the end of this year. This is to ensure all players from around the world are able to enjoy the same new content upon release. The idea of releasing every existing class awakening before next year is also in the same vein.

Coupled with the start of the Awakening Series, we will launch the Valencia Part 2 update which gives players several new features to explore including Muiquun, the land of outlaws, Arehaza Town within the Areha Palm Forest, the Aakman Temple and the Hysteria Ruins.

We are very pleased to be able to bring these contents to you very soon. Happy Awakenings!

Update: Since we realized a lot of players are concerned about the dates we announced we wanted to let you know that we're planning to release some Awakenings for One class of for a pair. Which explains why we're aiming for a complete release before the end of the year. There will be three pair releases: Witch/Wizard, Musa/Maehwa, and Ninja/Kunoichi.

45 people like this

Can't say I give a damn about this game anymore. It's pretty much been ruined for me.

I still like it and still play it. There isn't really any other game out there that I'd like to play.

Hit 50 on my Tamer and just rode around Calpheon looking for nodes. Yes, this is my first 50; been doing other stuff. Found the famous Catfish area and they hit like trucks; at least the elite Big Catfish did. Can't figure out how to connect the nodes out there, but I just discovered it for the first time so I'll figure it out. For some reason one node will say that the previous node is another node that points back to the first node as the previous node. :(

Then I discovered a place called Hexe Sanctuary? Saw an elite and attacked it. Took a few seconds to realize it hit like a truck too! Killed it. Went to loot and I see a bag icon, cool stone to put in my gear, and some jewelry, maybe a few more doodads. Game crashed. Logged back in and no loot. /sigh

Googled what drops are out there and I see Witch Earrings are dropped there. Logged out. F that game. *kicks rocks*

Patch Notes - August 31st

Biggest changes imo are Cooking / Alchemy requiring no Energy and increase Combat XP for Lvl 50+.

• Warrior Awakening has been released.

• Valencia Part 2 has been added, including Villas, Miniature Elephants, and much more.

• Happy Awakening to Warrior event!
    • 8/31~9/14, you can buy the items below for one Loyalty.
      • Appearance Change Coupon (1 days, once per account)

• [Loyalty] Awakening Gift Pack (Once a day per account)
        • Black Stone (Weapon) Bundle: 5

• Black Stone (Armor) Bundle: 5

• Hard Black Stone Shard

• Sharp Black Stone Shard

• Crone Stone

• Memory Fragment.
  • All players will be sent three Guest Passes following this maintenance to share with their friends.

Warrior

• Warrior Awakening: Goyen’s Great Sword has been released.
Sorcerer

• After using Midnight Stinger (↓ + E), Signs of Agony will be triggered instead of Crow Flare.

• Equipment Tailoring Coupon has been updated on Pearl Shop.

• Price of Artisan’s Memory has been lowered from 1,000 Loyalty to 400 Loyalty.

• Cooldown time of HP potions has been decreased from 5 to 3 seconds.
Cash Shop Update

eIbFw7r.png

Reveal hidden contents

• When the player steps into a house, it will become brighter without any lighting item.

• Imperial Delivery content has been applied to all channels.

• Cooking and Alchemy will no longer consume energy.

• The maximum number of character slots has been increased to 12.

• The maximum number of protected guild members can be increased.

• The world raid boss Karanda has been added

• [Lvl. 55] Combat Level-Up quest has been added.

• [Valencia Part 2] Villa System has been added.

• [Valencia Part 2] Miniature Elephant has been added.

• The chance of getting higher tier horses while breeding has been increased.

• The description in the Combo skill guide for ‘Charge Skill’ of Guild Elephants has been corrected.

• The angle of viewpoint has been adjusted while sailing the fishing boat.

• Animation has been improved while 2 players are mounting on a Two-Seater horse.

• Obtaining rate of Combat EXP has been increased for players who are level 50 or higher.

• New Daily achievement [Daily Grinding Hour!] has been added.
    • Players can choose one buff to obtain;
      • Combat EXP +200% (30 min.)

• Combat EXP +100% (60 min.)

Won't let me copy Monster Changes

haven't palyed this fo ra while, did they ever had any damn gear loot in the base game that you can actually get or is it still stuck with the same generic armor system and you have to buy outfits for real money to look unique/different from everyone else?

haven't palyed this fo ra while, did they ever had any damn gear loot in the base game that you can actually get or is it still stuck with the same generic armor system and you have to buy outfits for real money to look unique/different from everyone else?

people can buy cash shop costumes for in-game silver now.

the normal armor sets themselves probably don't differentiate much from each other looks wise other than boss armor, but dyes are purchasable with in-game silver and a cash shop item called Value Pack which can also be purchased with in-game silver can be used for unlimited dye access

What udneekgnim said. Also want to add that the pricing on the costumes for silver isn't bad if you are a level 50 making money. You can buy the pets on the AH also.

I never made it that far lol, got to like lv 28 or so and burnt out on it, though that was solo since I had like 0 friends that got into the game or tried it, and mmo's lose a certain appeal when you do them solo (imo).

I just hit 50 a couple days ago. ;) Same boat as you. Solo sucks. You on NA servers? If so I'm on Eden.

Holy Smokes! Pearl Abyss introduces you to the Witch / Wizard Awakening.

Game is still $10 on the official website if someone is interested in a sandbox MMO. The $20 version is pointless. The $35 version has a pet and a permanent horse whistle. The pet is awesome since it will help you pick things up. The horse whistle is awesome, but can only be registered to one character. Play all the classes some before you decide which to give it to. Those things are expensive in the cash shop. Then again I'm a cheapskate.
Black Desert Online

Game is super fun :), glad my buddy gave me a week pass to try it out. I was reluctant at first, but I am having a blast. Have a lvl 35 Witch and a lvl 38 Tamer.

Ranger Awakening is out now.... I logged in... Life skills are 0, I lost inventory slots and my boat hp was 0. Marketplace text are fucked up.

EDIT:
Aaand maintenance is back on.

Last edited:
What are some good ways to make money actively and passively? Looked on youtube at some guides, but figured you guys might steer me in the right direction. I can get about 3m an hour at catfish men, but that seems slow considering how much some things cost. That and my stupid Liverto keeps bankrupting me. I fish while afk, but that doesn't make much money.

Back