• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bitcoin Discussion Thread Part 2

I upgraded to CCC 11.7 a few weeks ago. Now moved to 11.8 to see if it would help with my problem. Anyone notice that since 11.7 if you set your guiminer to use one core it stays at 100% on that core.

Considering moving back to 11.6 since that one didn't use the CPU as much. Anyone figure out how to fix it?
 
I upgraded to CCC 11.7 a few weeks ago. Now moved to 11.8 to see if it would help with my problem. Anyone notice that since 11.7 if you set your guiminer to use one core it stays at 100% on that core.

Considering moving back to 11.6 since that one didn't use the CPU as much. Anyone figure out how to fix it?

I think you can roll back as long as you're only using one card. Two or more and your stuck using at least one core. I could be wrong though.
 
I think you can roll back as long as you're only using one card. Two or more and your stuck using at least one core. I could be wrong though.

interesting... I have been doing 2 cards... I set my affinity to cores 7 and 8 (yes cores not threads)
 
Yeah, bitcoin is about the equivalent of sending notepad files over your network, you shouldnt even see a hiccup..

Ive got about the same amount of rigs as tsd, running usenet at 5mbps down at all times with a total Bandwidth of 8 mbps,

In other news, for those interested..
My assembly guide / review of spotswood Gen-2 open air cases is up



How much are the spotswood cases and where can they be bought?
 
How much are the spotswood cases and where can they be bought?

You need to talk to THIS GUY

The price varies on what size case you want, and any custom options..
For example, my most recent ATX Double stack, with lid, custom side pieces, extra fan mounts and shipping came to 310$

110$ Per case (x2)
40$ - Lid
20$ - Extra rails
00$ - Fan mounts (Were'nt extra, he just included 3 sets per case instead of 2)
29$ - Shipping
 
You need to talk to THIS GUY

The price varies on what size case you want, and any custom options..
For example, my most recent ATX Double stack, with lid, custom side pieces, extra fan mounts and shipping came to 310$

110$ Per case (x2)
40$ - Lid
20$ - Extra rails
00$ - Fan mounts (Were'nt extra, he just included 3 sets per case instead of 2)
29$ - Shipping

Yeah I know of spotswood, I remember that bitching wooden case he made, figured he had a website for this though. Prices are a bit high for me, but I'm impressed at how clean it came out. Going to be putting a pair together out of plywood sometime soon, will post pics.
 
I wonder if I could make something similar to this with those stainless steel adjustable shelves from Lowes and a few pieces of flat aluminum.

I'm sure I could make it functional but damn it'll look ghetto as hell...
 
IMAG0454.jpg


But they look so good! and they are sturdy as hell I sat on it with no problems. When I move the stack to its final location I'll set the monitor and kvm and everything up right ontop of it.
 
Just added a 1BTC Block finder bonus for the next 10 rounds!

damn you.. All 4 my rigs are down for the next few days while I wait for new parts for 2 of them and have a new power line run on its own 20A so I can keep em stacked. :(
 
damn you.. All 4 my rigs are down for the next few days while I wait for new parts for 2 of them and have a new power line run on its own 20A so I can keep em stacked. :(

That sucks..... except for the powerline. I wish this old house could support more rigs.

Why not run the 2 rigs you have parts for?
 
That sucks..... except for the powerline. I wish this old house could support more rigs.

Why not run the 2 rigs you have parts for?

The 2 complete ones are at a coworkers house.. Due to my need for more power for the next 2 rigs he convinced his wife to let him upgrade the lines/fuses in his house, but its gonna take him a few days.. Plus, his father in law is staying there until monday I think and the rigs were making it too hot upstairs.. So Cant run those until the lines are in and the FIL is gone. :(

Got my tracking number for my inbound parts, but they were shipped from TX to OH via Parcel USPS so itll be at least wednesday before they get here..

Sad Panda..
 
Making some changes to SMPPS code, don't worry if your unconfirmed balance bounces around. It will readjust shortly.
 
I don't have any problems with my WNDR3700rev2. What torrent program do you use? How many connections is it set to use?

WND3700 rev 1
- DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std
- IP Filter Maximum Ports 4096
- TCP Timeout 360
- UDP Timeout 120

Utorrent 2.21
- Global Maximum Number of Connections 80

I spent the day testing, and with uTorrent alone, nothing happens. The world is a better place. Same with 1 instance of GUIMiner + 4 cards and 1 instance of CGMiner + 1 card. If I leave both running, after about 30 minutes the router hard locks. I'm booted from my telnet connection and can't get it to come back up without a power cycle.
 
Looks like a whole week of no mining and no PC has paid off,my HD6950 1GB has been unlocked successfully and should arrive in 2 days.
 
Since many new users to the pool do not like the current estimate scheme (which was originally from user request/confusion months ago), I'd like to get an idea of what the current users would prefer.

So, would you prefer precise estimates that do not grow with difficulty, or do you prefer the way they are now?


My vote is for precise.
 
Preliminary support for GeistGeld up. Still working out the kinks but it's live for testing.

Also, due to an underwhelming response.... Estimates are now pure proportional.
 
Is that the same Asus EAH6950 1GB DCII?
That's a new one i got after RMA the one i bought from another guy (simply killed the BIOS).They keep some of the early batches for replacement so i was able to get the unlockable one.
Getting 385MH/s @900/625MHz.
 
Note to anyone mining Geist Geld on simplecoin!

BE SURE TO LOG OUT AND BACK IN!
 
Can anyone enlighten me on the pros and cons of BTC PPLNS,Proportional and SMPPS?

Pool hopping deterrents:
SMPPS - exact share reward = (1/difficulty) * 50
PPLNS - Proportional scoring of the Last N shares submitted (1/2 difficulty in my case)

Pool hoppable:
Proportional - your shares / total round shares * 50

SMPPS is a guaranteed even steady payout in the long run.
PPLNS rewards 24/7 mining on one pool, but share value can fluctuate with luck.
Proportional is evenly scored, also based on luck. However, it is vulnerable to pool hopping exploit (which is statistically bad if you don't hop, good if you do)

Proportional is a much less vulnerable in coins with short rounds.
 
Pool hopping deterrents:
SMPPS - exact share reward = (1/difficulty) * 50
PPLNS - Proportional scoring of the Last N shares submitted (1/2 difficulty in my case)

Pool hoppable:
Proportional - your shares / total round shares * 50

SMPPS is a guaranteed even steady payout in the long run.
PPLNS rewards 24/7 mining on one pool, but share value can fluctuate with luck.
Proportional is evenly scored, also based on luck. However, it is vulnerable to pool hopping exploit (which is statistically bad if you don't hop, good if you do)

Proportional is a much less vulnerable in coins with short rounds.
So if i only mine for 6-12 hours a day and have to turn off the rig in between,should i go with Proportional?

Still leaving it on PPLNS as default.
 
Whats up with all the orphaned and two new blocks found by RyNinDaCleM? Error?

Geist Geld blocks. I'll add a currency or pool column to that table to make it a little more clear.

I was wondering this same thing?
Another thing is, where these 3-5 thousand(/day) Geists are?!?
There must be some serious variance!

New coin, low difficulty. lots of orphans & collisions (plus my calc stat could be wrong...).

At least the client seems stable early on. I may move it to the main pool machine as it's behaving nicely (along with merged mining) on the old pool server.
 
ugh.. what a terrible fxckin time for me to not be mining.. Grrrr

Nevermind, didnt notice that the blocks found were for GG

@tsd.. Any way you can color code the block finder to type of block or separate it into a different column? Not really a way to distingush between the 2 in the block finder list.
 
ya between the block from hell and the price, alot have swapped but even more have thrown in the towel
 
My rigs have been out the last 4 days.. Brought em back up last night.. Will have another 1.8GHash up and running tomorrow, but not steadily running until the weekend maybe.
 
If you're looking for more power I may have my farm up for sale soon. Splitting up with the woman and refinancing to get my name of the mortgage is expensive QQ.
 
ya between the block from hell and the price, alot have swapped but even more have thrown in the towel
2 days ago i checked and it was something like 25-30GH/s,now i'm back and it dropped to 14. -,-

Anyway,couldn't connect to SC in the whole afternoon,anyone got the same problem?
 
2 days ago i checked and it was something like 25-30GH/s,now i'm back and it dropped to 14. -,-

Anyway,couldn't connect to SC in the whole afternoon,anyone got the same problem?

What issues connecting? Everything looks like it's been running smoothly.

That said, I'm about to restart geistd, so there will be a breif moment of outage
 
Back
Top