• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bitcoin Discussion Thread Part 2

Parja,did you actually count?Because it is indeed 50 machines,each with 1 HD5770,1 6870 and 1 6950. =)

And yes,the machines lie in his office,his own company so it still doesn't count as free electricity.
 
wtf is GG (Geist Geld) and why is everyone mining there?

I understand its another analogue of BTC, but why is THE MAJORY OF THE GHASH THERE?!?
am I missing something? I mined them for like 20 minutes, but realized I have no way to accept/trade/or cash them out.. Anyone have a link to info?
 
wtf is GG (Geist Geld) and why is everyone mining there?

I understand its another analogue of BTC, but why is THE MAJORY OF THE GHASH THERE?!?
am I missing something? I mined them for like 20 minutes, but realized I have no way to accept/trade/or cash them out.. Anyone have a link to info?

http://www.geistgeld.org/

Exchange is up at btc-e

The hashrate is so high because simplecoin was the first GG pool. Hopefully we'll be the first tenebrix as well. Add the merged mining support and I hope it'll take off again.

If it does continue to grow I hope to offer 7% PPS and the ability to cash out unconfirmed rewards (Yes, I've even found a fair way to cashout SMPPS as PPS without affecting other pool users)
 
@tsd
Thanks for the info.. I guess ill jump in with the cool crowd for the time being to see how it pans out..
At this rate, by the end of next year there will be 1 type of virtual currency per person..
 
@tsd
Thanks for the info.. I guess ill jump in with the cool crowd for the time being to see how it pans out..
At this rate, by the end of next year there will be 1 type of virtual currency per person..

I'll trade you some RyNkoins for some EvilbuX!

Two days ago, the diff was so low, I soloed 160 blocks in about 30hrs, @1Gh!

I figure if they eventually exchange to BTC at .01, I'll get about 20BTC for two days of mining! But, that may take some waiting!
 
Mining GG is a waste of time, the exchange rate on it would have to triple from what's it sitting at right now just to equal what you would get mining straight BTC.
 
Typhoon came in,water leaked through the roof and dropped right onto my rig. -,-

I'm lucky that my rig is in a case,not open like many people.But still worry about the possibility of water already leaked into the PSU.
 
Tenebrix testing is live.

Remember to Log Out and Back In before using a new coin
 
Tenebrix testing is live.

Remember to Log Out and Back In before using a new coin

Got 6 cores pointed toward TB.. Stats at top are cut off and miners are not showing they are connected in account details.

Aside from just pointing the miner within SC to TB, any other changes need to be made?
 
Got 6 cores pointed toward TB.. Stats at top are cut off and miners are not showing they are connected in account details.

Aside from just pointing the miner within SC to TB, any other changes need to be made?

I updated the CSS, so clear your cache for stats.

Also, you have to use the minerd miner that comes with the tbx client to mine.

I'd recommend a new worker just for tbx.
 
I updated the CSS, so clear your cache for stats.

Also, you have to use the minerd miner that comes with the tbx client to mine.

I'd recommend a new worker just for tbx.

Mmm kay

Got minerd
There are 4 questions during the run , Not sure if case sensitive, but see if I got this right.. I did create a new miner just for TBX... I either get a connection error and app stays open, or it just closes the script.

Pool IP:216.24.198.95:8332
User/pass: User.name:pass
Scantime: <left blank>
Strings/Threads/cores: 1 (On Dual core system, BTC current using Other core)
 
Mmm kay

Got minerd
There are 4 questions during the run , Not sure if case sensitive, but see if I got this right.. I did create a new miner just for TBX... I either get a connection error and app stays open, or it just closes the script.

Pool IP:216.24.198.95:8332
User/pass: User.name:pass
Scantime: <left blank>
Strings/Threads/cores: 1 (On Dual core system, BTC current using Other core)

I wish I knew more about TBX. If you hop on #simplecoin or #Tenebrix you'd have more luck.
 
I wish I knew more about TBX. If you hop on #simplecoin or #Tenebrix you'd have more luck.

I dont really use IRC..
Anyone here know how to get connected to tsd's pool with for Teneblox..

1) I have created a miner
2) I have the "minerd" program downloaded and unpacked
3) I just need to know how to input the pool info.. does it need to be http://poolsimplecoin.us, pool.simplecoin.us, or the actual IP address?
 
How do I start minerd to mine at simplecoin?!:confused:

yeah, Thats the million dollar question at this point..

Edit:
well, it seems to be working now

When prompted for the pool IP, enter: http://pool.simplecoin.us
Username:pass: EvilJuggalo.Diglet3CPU:Password
Leave the scan time line blank and hit enter
Select how many usable CPUs you have (On a quad core currently running BTC mining, if all your affinities are set to 1 core you will have 3 free, so enter 3)

Only odd part.. While the script actually shows its successfully mining right now, Simplecoin does not show that miner as active.
 
Last edited:
yeah, Thats the million dollar question at this point..

Edit:
well, it seems to be working now

When prompted for the pool IP, enter: http://pool.simplecoin.us
Username:pass: EvilJuggalo.Diglet3CPU:Password
Leave the scan time line blank and hit enter
Select how many usable CPUs you have (On a quad core currently running BTC mining, if all your affinities are set to 1 core you will have 3 free, so enter 3)

Only odd part.. While the script actually shows its successfully mining right now, Simplecoin does not show that miner as active.

It show inactive because it's less than 1mh/s .... I'm reworking the software for TBX. It's a real pain, but that means the system will be more flexible in the future.

If it's running and submitting share you're good.

We've found a few blocks, but they aren't showing yet... I'm working on it.
 
It show inactive because it's less than 1mh/s .... I'm reworking the software for TBX. It's a real pain, but that means the system will be more flexible in the future.

If it's running and submitting share you're good.

We've found a few blocks, but they aren't showing yet... I'm working on it.

Awesome.. Thnx for the update..
Dont forget about your "Getting Started" page :D

Can supply more screen shots if need be.
 
So I succeeded in mining at simplecoin, but only got 0.3 TBX in about 4 hours using 7 threads of a 2600K @ 4.5 GHz, seems like solo mining is more profitable or are the stats a bit off?
 
So I succeeded in mining at simplecoin, but only got 0.3 TBX in about 4 hours using 7 threads of a 2600K @ 4.5 GHz, seems like solo mining is more profitable or are the stats a bit off?

Stats were off, payouts for TGX hung. Should be up to date now.
 
Jeebus tsd.. Now youve got NMC up there too?!?

So when does the SC exchange open up lol

Or some crazy Alchemy-coin that merges all 4 types into one long PoW-Hash to create a new coin, lol
 
So after minerd runs for about 3 minutes, pegging whatever usage I give it (2 threads, so 50% of the quad) it stops doing 1.5 KH/s or so and starts throwing "inf KH/s" with the occasional "0.06 KH/s" and the process is no longer using more than 1% of the CPU. I've had it happen on three different computers now.

Config:
minerd.exe --algo scrypt --s 5 --threads 2 --url http://pool.simplecoin.us --userpass haxxorboi.worker:pass

Any ideas wth is going on?
 
Lol
63b8a4947b752eb9cb5f3710485454bf.png
 
So after minerd runs for about 3 minutes, pegging whatever usage I give it (2 threads, so 50% of the quad) it stops doing 1.5 KH/s or so and starts throwing "inf KH/s" with the occasional "0.06 KH/s" and the process is no longer using more than 1% of the CPU. I've had it happen on three different computers now.
Any ideas wth is going on?


Mines doin the same thing.. Cant find a fix :(

If it matters, Heres my flag for MINERD

C:\Tenebrix\Tenebrix-pack\minerd.exe --s 5 --threads 1 --url http://74.117.62.208:8967 --userpass User.1:password
or
C:\Tenebrix\Tenebrix-pack\minerd.exe --s 5 --threads 1 --url http://pool.simplecoin.us:80 --userpass User.1:password

I get better results using the top one with the IP and 8967 port, itll run for about 2-3 min.. The bottom one fails within 60 seconds.
Also note, not always do I get the "PROOF OF WORK - TRUE (yay) message
Also, when it decides to fail and kick over to the "inf Khash 0.06" scrolling text, all 3 rigs do it at the same time and have to be manually restarted (minerd)
edit: Seems to fail every time a new block is detected.
 
Last edited:
Ok, I'm implementing mining teams on simplecoin. They are purely aesthetic, but will be displayed at the top of stats and in stats.

For [H] members, do you want [H]ardOCP or [H]orde?
 
So people are focusing on simplecoin...is Bitcoin dead, at least for [H]'ers?
 
@ haxxorboi & Evil Juggalo,

Go to Tenebrix.org and get the new Minerd Update. there's a problem with LP (Longpoll) and the miner. When a longpoll is sent out it kicks your miners off.

I had the same problem on 2 machines, this fixed it on both.

;)
 
So people are focusing on simplecoin...is Bitcoin dead, at least for [H]'ers?

No, simplecoin.us is just my pool. It has BTC/GG/TBX coin pools currently. Merged mining and possibly additional coins are also in the works.

It also seems that the lions share of GG & TBX users are using my pool.

Early team support is now up. Change it in Account Details.
 
Last edited:
@ haxxorboi & Evil Juggalo,
Go to Tenebrix.org and get the new Minerd Update. there's a problem with LP (Longpoll) and the miner. When a longpoll is sent out it kicks your miners off.

Thnx helpful 1 Day noobie :D
Will check it when I get home.


It also seems that the lions share of GG & TBX users are using my pool.
Early team support is now up. Change it in Account Details.

Yeah, wish they would help tear up BTC.. When it got down to the 10Ghash I had to move back to DB so I could be earning something while I get my 2 new rigs up and running.. 1s delayed as the mobo wont support 58XX cards..

And, I've joined the [H]oard :D
 
Back
Top