• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bitcoin Discussion Thread Part 2

What issues connecting? Everything looks like it's been running smoothly.

That said, I'm about to restart geistd, so there will be a breif moment of outage
I switched to Proportional then saved setting.Since then,GUIminer showed the "connection problem" error.That was not a network issue as i can still mine on slush's pool.
 
I switched to Proportional then saved setting.Since then,GUIminer showed the "connection problem" error.That was not a network issue as i can still mine on slush's pool.

I'm not sure what the issue is, but if you want I'll be on IRC to work it out.

Edit: It could be the initial LP failure when swapping over, but that should only happen once and correct on lp retry.
 
Last edited:
If you're looking for more power I may have my farm up for sale soon. Splitting up with the woman and refinancing to get my name of the mortgage is expensive QQ.

Dude, that sucks

I swear to god...hookers are cheaper, plus you get sex the way you want it
 
I'm not sure what the issue is, but if you want I'll be on IRC to work it out.

Edit: It could be the initial LP failure when swapping over, but that should only happen once and correct on lp retry.
I still got the same problem,any idea on what can i do to get it to work?

Anyway,just break the 400MH/s barrier lol.
 
Have my mining rig for sale guys, check out the fs thread, trying to make more money for school... p.s. love the hooker comments... hahahahahahah
 
I still got the same problem,any idea on what can i do to get it to work?

Anyway,just break the 400MH/s barrier lol.

I know these are kind of obvious solutions, but:
Any way to check the logs?
I'm assuming the user/pass matches in GUIMiner & account details.
Have you tried both ports 8337 & 80 pointing to pool.simplecoin.us?
Try changing pools in account details...

Any more than that and it might take remote support.
 
I tried both ports,even created new worker and now i gives me the "poclbm.exe no option...." error.

All of this happened since i switched my worker to Proportional.I also switched back to PPLNS but still got the above error.
 
I tried both ports,even created new worker and now i gives me the "poclbm.exe no option...." error.

All of this happened since i switched my worker to Proportional.I also switched back to PPLNS but still got the above error.

Ok, well... I checked your workers and they seemed fine.

You can bypass the proxy using the following ports:
PPLNS: 8336
Prop: 8347
SMPPS: 8348
GG Prop: 74.117.62.208 : 8777

If that doesn't work.... I'm not sure. Maybe poclbm doesn't support RollNTime or LP with user/pass....?
 
Hey guys,

I probably missed something. I'm hoping you can save me some digging.

I updated to ccc 11.8 and now I'm missing about 50 mH/s per card and my utilization is only about 80%.

I'm guessing this is a known deal...is there a kernel tweak out to deal with this or am I rolling back the drivers, please don't RTFM me, its a damn big thread and I am sort of a casual miner.

Thanks!
 
Hey guys,

I probably missed something. I'm hoping you can save me some digging.

I updated to ccc 11.8 and now I'm missing about 50 mH/s per card and my utilization is only about 80%.

I'm guessing this is a known deal...is there a kernel tweak out to deal with this or am I rolling back the drivers, please don't RTFM me, its a damn big thread and I am sort of a casual miner.

Thanks!

what cards?

I upgraded and have not noticed a difference... running a 6950 and 5870... 5870 still purring along at 430mhash @ 975/600
 
what cards?

I upgraded and have not noticed a difference... running a 6950 and 5870... 5870 still purring along at 430mhash @ 975/600

Sorry, in the sig, 2@ Asus HD 6950 unlocked running at 905 stock volts.

These cards usually hover around 400mH/s per in GUIminer...now showing mid 300s
 
Sorry, in the sig, 2@ Asus HD 6950 unlocked running at 905 stock volts.

These cards usually hover around 400mH/s per in GUIminer...now showing mid 300s

wipe and reinstall drivers.... I upgraded but I had just done a clean driver wipe for the previous drivers...

my locked 6950 stock clocks...is doing 380mhash or so... which is better than before so... (need to unlock it this weekend...its a ref card)
 
sigh...

and I've been so lucky so far

looks like a whole afternoon shot learning about driver sweeper or whatever it is...OK, thanks for the input.
 
do you guys know how much paypal fees normally run on pc hardware? I want to sell most of the stuff on the forums but I think I'm going to drop my 5970 on ebay because they dont sell well here.
 
ebay sucks donkey balls

I will still buy there if the deal is right or cannot find obscura elsewhere

will not sell...no way
 
do you guys know how much paypal fees normally run on pc hardware? I want to sell most of the stuff on the forums but I think I'm going to drop my 5970 on ebay because they dont sell well here.


You gonna come out about the same either way..
 
Ok, well... I checked your workers and they seemed fine.

You can bypass the proxy using the following ports:
PPLNS: 8336
Prop: 8347
SMPPS: 8348
GG Prop: 74.117.62.208 : 8777

If that doesn't work.... I'm not sure. Maybe poclbm doesn't support RollNTime or LP with user/pass....?
I'll try it tomorrow,thanks for the support. :D

Anyway,is the CCC 11.7 and 11.8 stable with the 6950 series (especially the unlocked ones)?I had a horrible memory with the so-called 11.7 (or 11.6b) which is the reason i still stay with 11.5 until now.Is it worth installing the new driver?
 
stupid possibility but, did you make sure they are still OC'd after the driver update? Maybe Powertune is causing issues?
 
Man, September has been a month from hell for SC. Is difficulty not dropping at all with the huge decrease in BTC value?

Or is it basically being kept up by the millions of college students who just went back to school and are leeching free power in their dorms?
 
mine tends to decrease in performance when I get past 930... I was assuming powertune was getting in the way.
 
do you guys know how much paypal fees normally run on pc hardware? I want to sell most of the stuff on the forums but I think I'm going to drop my 5970 on ebay because they dont sell well here.
Rule of thumb is to figure that Meg Whitman will take 10% of your (final value + shipping), which is approximately what eBay and PayPal will collectively leech from you.
 
stupid possibility but, did you make sure they are still OC'd after the driver update? Maybe Powertune is causing issues?
Ah no.The problem happened with my 5770 Hawk and it happened with the previously stable setting.

Now i'm still using 11.5 and unless the newer drivers can deliver some boost in hashrate,i'll stick with it for a little longer.

@tsd:
g0NdX.jpg


I just feel like it's FUBAR.
 
Ah no.The problem happened with my 5770 Hawk and it happened with the previously stable setting.

Now i'm still using 11.5 and unless the newer drivers can deliver some boost in hashrate,i'll stick with it for a little longer.

@tsd:
g0NdX.jpg


I just feel like it's FUBAR.

looks like -v-f0 is accidentally combined.
 
How does he have enough power for all of that lol. I am having power issues with 3 PCs :(
 
Hire a decent electrician to put enough outlets with 20 amp fuses in your room

It would take a heck of a lot more than that.

He's got what, about 50 machines there? Running 3 cards per box, depending on the card, I'm gonna guess about 500W per box. So 25,000 Watts total. Assuming they're running at 120V, that's 208A total. Most average sized houses in the US are wired at 200A service at the very most.

So bare minimum, you're going to have to have your house rewired for a lot higher power just to run the computers.

And considering you've now got a room full of computers kicking out 25kW of heat, you're going to need a one heck of a dedicated AC unit to keep that room below boiling.
 
Look at those pix again, that's not a house. It's a buisness complex of some sort. This is someone's tax write-off "Scheme".

Tell me I'm wrong.
 
Back
Top