Bitcoin Discussion Thread Part 2

Those are the Extremes, they have always been $130 :rolleyes:
/shrug Maybe if you had followed their inventory tracker you'd have seen the ETA of 07/04/2011 for the $109.99 + free shipping SKU.

the 109 cards are also extremes, at least all the ones i got where. Maybe newegg just listed them wrong last time?
Or their automated pricing script is just price gouging due to the demand. They do read hardware forums too you know.

Or their supplier started charging them more as they become increasingly difficult to get.

It's an extended holiday weekend. Go look at the data from previous weekends and you'll see a repeating trend. Some are even speculating that we're in the middle of a teacup and handle period.
We'll see about that soon enough though. It's pretty cool to watch a truly clean market without stupid bots milking the system fractions of a cent at a time times millions of times every second.

Looks like BTCGuild is being D'Dos. I'm having issues connecting to them.

How long has this ddos been going on? I think I'll have to setup a slush backup tonight QQ

Site said past 4 hours. I setup a slush pool account in the meantime.. Gonna mess with fallback support when I get home. Looks like BTCGuild pissed someone off.

Ugh. So I'm on Slush now but I gotta say BTC Guild had a much better website. The way they had your stats was really good imo. I liked being able to see everything on one screen, and especially the estimation of BTC over a 24 hr period.

I'm on MTRED atm. Site is nice, but its a smaller pool without a ton of hashing power. and they seem to be having issues today too

I really like ARSBitcoin. They used to be small(28-40ghash), but have gotten more popular in the last few days and are up to 68ghash now.

www.arsbitcoin.com

We had an awesome day yesterday!

Once logged in, it redirects you to the home page, your stats should be on the left though. And if you click on Account Details, it should take you to a page where you can create workers

Once logged in, it redirects you to the home page, your stats should be on the left though. And if you click on Account Details, it should take you to a page where you can create workers

No like it doesn't actually log in. Sorry for not being more clear. I'll try it again later.

No like it doesn't actually log in. Sorry for not being more clear. I'll try it again later.
I'm getting the same error. Meh.

Since BTCGuild god DDOS'd, I made a Deepbit account this morning and have been mining with them all day so far. With their servers, my hash rate never fluctuates more than 1-2Mhash, stays at ~444, whereas on BTCGuild my has rate would fluctuate between 325 and 440.

I'm getting the same error. Meh.

Since BTCGuild god DDOS'd, I made a Deepbit account this morning and have been mining with them all day so far. With their servers, my hash rate never fluctuates more than 1-2Mhash, stays at ~444, whereas on BTCGuild my has rate would fluctuate between 325 and 440.

Does deep bit have a pretty decent interface?

I moved over to deepbit yesterday afternoon because of all their idle times. Had a feeling it was due to something more then their servers being moved around. Guess my feeling was right since I would have lost .5 BTC from that ddos last night.

I get a higher payout at btcguild though and it seems they've had a lot better luck finding blocks. So when they come back, and have better connections, I'll be rejoining their pool for sure.

I'm glad I moved off btcguild since this last weekend's mess. I hated seeing errors on my miners. I went back to check to see if btc cleaned themselves up yet.

0 workers at 0.00 GH/s

We are recovering from a large scale DDoS on all of our servers. Pool servers are offline for a few more hours.
I guess they still having issues. How long have they been down?

I'm not sure I'm earning the same at Slush as I was at BTC Guild.

I guess they still having issues. How long have they been down?

They have been having off and on issues for the past 3-4 days. The DDos happened some time last night. I'd guess about 6+ hours. Could be wrong.

They have been having off and on issues for the past 3-4 days. The DDos happened some time last night. I'd guess about 6+ hours. Could be wrong.

useast is back online however they are being attacked again

Jen

Just melted my first surge protector after powering up the frankencase with two 6990s and another system with two 5870s on one outlet. WEEEEE!

Just melted my first surge protector after powering up the frankencase with two 6990s and another system with two 5870s on one outlet. WEEEEE!

i can imagine , may want to connect one machine to a second circuit thats just to much current i think

Jen

I've used Slush from day one but I'm open to suggestions.

If you have a ghash or two and your looking to do it just for fun try Bitclockers. They have monthly giveaways. This month is a 5950. You basically get a ticket per share you get during each month, then at the beginning of the next month they do a random drawing. The more tickets you have the better the chances. They however have a hard time finding blocks.

Slush is good if your looking for pure BTC collection. My preference is btcguild. When they come back fully I'll be joining them again.

It seems people have started to return their mining hardware. Newegg had/has a few open box 5830s, 5850s and 6950s listed. Network hash rate took a modest dive as well, we were doing >7.5 blocks per hour and now we're now just above 6. If we maintain our current hash rate, the next difficulty change will be tomorrow around 12-1PM.

It seems people have started to return their mining hardware. Newegg had/has a few open box 5830s, 5850s and 6950s listed. Network hash rate took a modest dive as well, we were doing >7.5 blocks per hour and now we're now just above 6. If we maintain our current hash rate, the next difficulty change will be tomorrow around 12-1PM.

as long as there is some reason of return of cost then i will continue going. when it comes to point that it only covers electric then that is end to me

Jen

At $13.50 a ~300 mhash/s card only makes $3 or less per day.

Might be time to pick up some cheap 5850 while the price is good.

I was thinking more about the 6950. After applying all the latest kernel tweaks it is looking mighty awesome and that card will retain its value beyond bitcoin mining better than a 5850.
Picking up a pair of those for just above $400 will give you some serious gaming and hashing power, plus if you pick the right card you can unlock them for even better value.

P.S: Network hash rate continues to drop. We were at 6.35 blocks/h now we're down to 6.2. Might be because it's late at night and a good number of people turn off their machines at night. Hopefully when Europe wakes up in about 3 hours we'll see if it's just that or people have really stopped mining as much as I think they have.

P.P.S: Whoa, I didn't see that 5850 for $97 lol http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...127500R&cm_re=hd_5850-_-14-127-500R-_-Product Newegg must know these cards have been beat up pretty bad mining 24/7 and are pricing them attractively.

Last edited:
Back