Beware of FrozenCPU.com

I have zero doubt people at Frozen have seen this thread. They are on here all the time.
I have spent literally thousands of dollars with them since 1999. They bend over backwards to make everything right, if you're not a stone cold prick. Even if you are, they at least try.

OP is throwing a fit, calling for a boycott over less than $2 for shipping. I wonder why he's having problems :rolleyes:

FrozenCPU has always been great for me. :) Their prices are high most of the time but it's comforting to know that you're going to get good service.

FrozenCPU is a company I will never again give one single cent to. I had an encounter with the owner of the company where I posted my thoughts about my transaction with FrozenCPU.com on a un-mentioned forum and then my cell phone rang sometime after. It was the owner and he was very upset and I was called a "spic" (My name is Carlos under the invoice I ordered with). I was so shocked I really did not even know what to say. I canceled my order and reported them.

I still to this day get angry every time I see their adds in magazines or on the web. Anyone who can just throw out disgusting racial slurs to customers regardless if their venting about a bad experience with them.

Just wanted note my experience coming from a long time [H] member and maybe this is not something that will make you want to stop doing business with them however I find it terrible.

Doesn't matter how much the shipping costs, frozencpu made the error and they should pay for it. If I were to start a fs/ft thread in the sales and I "accidentally" shipped the wrong item I wouldn't dare to ask the buyer to pay return shipping. If somebody asked me to pay return shipping due to their mistake I would be raged tbh no matter the cost. It's kind of a principle thing.

Seems pretty cut and dry to me, you didn't get what you ordered, the retailer should pick up the return shipping.

I ordered Tiger Woods 07 for the Xbox 360 from Dell, I received Splinter Cell for the GameCube, should I just suck it up and say "oh well", f*ck no!! They sent the wrong damned thing, it's their responsibility to fix it.

I can't believe what some of you consider acceptable business policies. I've made 2 orders with Frozen, and both worked out great, but if they screw up you can bet your ass they'll be fixing it!

~$10 for the few hours you've spent on this post. pretty bad ROI in my opinion.

sorry....but really...its a fan. mistake was made. PERIOD. Not all mistakes can be fixed and not all mistakes can't be fixed.

i hate to see how you might react if you got a mobo or CPU that was DOA.

FrozenCPU is a company I will never again give one single cent to. I had an encounter with the owner of the company where I posted my thoughts about my transaction with FrozenCPU.com on a un-mentioned forum and then my cell phone rang sometime after. It was the owner and he was very upset and I was called a "spic" (My name is Carlos under the invoice I ordered with). I was so shocked I really did not even know what to say. I canceled my order and reported them.

I still to this day get angry every time I see their adds in magazines or on the web. Anyone who can just throw out disgusting racial slurs to customers regardless if their venting about a bad experience with them.

Just wanted note my experience coming from a long time [H] member and maybe this is not something that will make you want to stop doing business with them however I find it terrible.

Wow, Not calling you a liar, but that is almost impossible to believe.

~$10 for the few hours you've spent on this post. pretty bad ROI in my opinion.

sorry....but really...its a fan. mistake was made. PERIOD. Not all mistakes can be fixed and not all mistakes can't be fixed.

i hate to see how you might react if you got a mobo or CPU that was DOA.

as I said, it's principle. If he recieved something dead it's the manufacturer's error, this is in fact frozencpu's error and they should redeem themselves.

Wow, Not calling you a liar, but that is almost impossible to believe.

i have to agree, its very hard to believe any reputable company would do that ever, especialy out of the blue without having a previous argument directly. are you sure it was actualy from the company and not just some guy who found you online? if that did in fact happen i wouldnt buy from them again either. thats just rediculous.

I really don't see the benefit of making up such a story. I myself could not believe it happened and that is why I thought of like 1,000 things I wish I had said during that phone conversation of course they were after the fact...

Regardless - I was sometime ago however I am still disgusted by them and will never ever do business with them. Many people here seem to have great relations with them which is fine. I just wanted to share my story. I am a almost 28 (Birthday this month) IT professional and I really can't see why anyone would make up such a story.

Ha - I found an older post back close to the time it happened. My main post about the issue was back when they were the AMD forums and I can't find it that far back.

Link

That is a long time to stick to a made up story...:D

im not trying to call you a liar or anything, its just that i cant believe everything i read online, especially something so completely damaging and unethical about a company i use. its hard to believe any business would ever do something like that. even if you were being a huge pain in the ass to them, you never talk to a customer like that. thousands of customers who love your store will never tell anyone about it, but one single customer who doesnt like your store will tell anyone who will listen. its just bad business practice. maybe they were banking on no one believing your story :p

How come the mods have done nothing about this thread?

They are usually so sharp to lock everything else from a to z because of very stupid things, however, something low and cheap as this thread is, can stay:eek:

I have used frozen cpu in the past and they have been great. Fast, reliable, and have offered me great customer support.

it will probably be deleted in a few hours, after all theres not someone watching every thread every second of every day. sometimes the most interesting conversations are in threads like this heh

Honestly some of you guys need to go back and re-read the OP's posts before just spouting off in this thread based on some of the comments being made. I agree with the original poster and I have had this happen with ASUS on a return and also with Performance-PC's. In both circumstances I paid shipping back to the business but they then credited my account for the shipping when the item was received. I can honestly say I would be pissed off as well and I agree that it is a matter of principal. The company made a mistake so fess up and correct it, not shove it off on somebody else. I also think this thread (although the title may be extreme) is completely with warrant because it is what I would consider a bad business practice and I myself would like to hear about it so I can make decisions on whether or not to purchase an item that Performance-PC's may have in stock as well. And if the company decides to still make him pay shipping back that'll be sticking in my mind the next time I go to make a purchase just like EVGA and BFG's warranties do when I buy a graphics card.

Honestly some of you guys need to go back and re-read the OP's posts before just spouting off in this thread based on some of the comments being made. I agree with the original poster and I have had this happen with ASUS on a return and also with Performance-PC's. In both circumstances I paid shipping back to the business but they then credited my account for the shipping when the item was received. I can honestly say I would be pissed off as well and I agree that it is a matter of principal. The company made a mistake so fess up and correct it, not shove it off on somebody else. I also think this thread (although the title may be extreme) is completely with warrant because it is what I would consider a bad business practice and I myself would like to hear about it so I can make decisions on whether or not to purchase an item that Performance-PC's may have in stock as well. And if the company decides to still make him pay shipping back that'll be sticking in my mind the next time I go to make a purchase just like EVGA and BFG's warranties do when I buy a graphics card.

Honestly, <thumbs up>

Ok...I was a bit harsh after the first phone call I made a few hours ago. I talked to a much friendlier guy this time and they're now going to work with me :) (did this thread help...who knows?? :) ). This was the first time I dealt with them and first impressions didn't go so well, but I'm glad that they stepped up to the plate and solved my problem.

This thread didn't help. You ended up looking childish and ranting when you could have handled it far more maturely. And had that happened, your thread might have been titled "FrozenCPU Treats Customers Right" as a result of their fixing your problem.

When I've had companies that made mistakes in the past, I called and asked them to rectify it. If I wasn't given an appropriate response, I'd politely ask to speak to a supervisor, and state my case with them. Good companies know they make the occasional mistake (just like their customers should) and will generally try to make it right. I've had to RMA a DOA item to NewEgg before, and because I politely asked them to foot my shipping since I had no control over it, they did.

FrozenCPU made a mistake. Yow however, went off half-cocked in response, and posted something urging us to all never buy from them again, based on an issue with a $10 fan that you hadn't even seen the resolution (or lack thereof) to yet. I hope you don't deal in the For Sale/For Trade forums; I'd be reluctant to do a transaction with you.

LOL I love how people criticize the OP for not wanting to pay to ship back the wrong items he received.... Anybody who isnt some sort of whipping boy would know that Its the principal of the matter not the actual monetary cost.. I had NE try that once with me and lets just say I didnt pay for any return shipping... and I never will. And for the people who say its not their fault cuz they received the wrong fan from the oem foook that... I dont care if they are the most busy company in the world if you are going to be a reseller which is what they are you have to check what the hell your reselling... Are you telling me that they took a shipment in form the manufacturer and didnt open the boxes to check the items against a purchase order pfft noway...They either came up with a poor excuse instead of owning up or tried to pawn the fans off on people. In my mind I can buy from a company a million times and have it go perfect each time but its what they do when things aren't so perfect that really tells how good of a company they are...

I know this has been beat to a dead horse, but Frozencpu has never troubled me.

Everything always worked as planned.

I know this has been beat to a dead horse, but Frozencpu has never troubled me.

Everything always worked as planned.

same here... granted they might not be the cheapest but theyre in the same state as me and when i need something quick it makes it worth it.

I can't listen to thread starter at all, I have given them my business a handful of times and they've always been wonderful to me.

They have great customer service in my own experience and I'm sorry the threadstarter feels this way.

LOL I love how people criticize the OP for not wanting to pay to ship back the wrong items he received....

That is not the real issue here at all. In the OP, it was stated that they would call him back and let him know. He posted his crap without even knowing what they were gonna do and Title the thread "Beware of FrozenCPU.com". That is the real issue.

In fact, they are not making him pay shipping back, but still there is this thread titled "Beware of FrozenCPU.com" and without all these people posting thier positive experences and rebuting the OP, one could draw the wrong idea about FrozenCPU. Yes this happens with retailers..they treat people right and they get loyal customers that will take the time to post in a thread like this one.

Even if making you pay shipping back on a fan (LOL) due to their mistake is a tad jerkish does it really warrent a "beware of FrozenCPU.com" thread. I clicked it wondering if they were shamming credit cards or something actually malicious. Since I've spent loads of money there.

The prices are slightly high compared to places known for discount. But the selection is great and stuff is almost always in stock. The service is great and the shipping is extremely fast.

The only problem I've ever had with them was a can of jolt that exploded in shipping, I guess I should create another beware of frozen CPU thread, after all a soda exploding in shipping should never happen.:rolleyes:

The only problem I've ever had with them was a can of jolt that exploded in shipping, I guess I should create another beware of frozen CPU thread, after all a soda exploding in shipping should never happen.:rolleyes:

Haha! I once had a can of Cherry 7UP explode in my car. It was a really hot day, and I left it in the car with the windows up in the school parking lot. All day. That fucking sucked! Beware Toyota!

I've never had anything but good experiences with FrozenCPU.com. They have a great selection of the stuff I was looking for. They are based in NY somewhere, so I get the stuff pretty quick here in PA...usually in a day.

FrozenCPU is a good store, but it sucks that they are now using that POS Paily. Wish they had stuck to Paypal. :(

I have to agree with everyone else who's sticking up for FrozenCPU.com. I recently ordered a n Asetek Xternal water cooling kit from them. When I setup the kit water started leaking all over the place. I called them the next day and explained what happened. They sent out another one the same day at no cost to me. Then I had issues with the waterblocks fitting my mobo. When I called them I made what I through were somewhat ridiculous requests (asking them to measure the size of the block and so on to make sure it would fit my board). They did all this without question or hesitation. Needless to say I placed several orders with them over the last two months totaling approximately $450. I have to be honest when I say there's no reason to not give them a shot. Like someone else said, their prices aren't always the best, but their service is top notch.

Back