Beware of FrozenCPU.com

GwarGor

Limp Gawd
I ordered a couple of case fans from them and one of the fans was not what I ordered. I thought it was a simple mistake and called them. They then told me that the company(Arctic Cooling) that they get there stock from sent them the wrong fans and so they then sent me the (wrong) fan because of this. No biggie so far(Stuff Happens), but then they started telling me that they might not get the fan that I ordered in stock ever and as a result that I could get a refund, but that I would have to pay to ship the (wrong) fan back to them that I didn't order and they sent to me by mistake. At this point I started to get a little irritated and they told me to call back later today, because they might get the fan I ordered in stock and then they could send it to me and then they would pay for the return shipping of the other(wrong) fan back to them. So I think I'm about to get screwed...It's not worth the price of the fan I ordered to ship it back if I have to pay shipping. I'll post an update when I call them back as they asked me to do at about 4PM EST. As of now though I would have to say Stay Away From FrozenCPU.com

Sucks that you're having problems. However, I've done ALOT of business with them and its one of the few e-tailers that I trust.

yeah i have done tons of business with frozencpu.com... never had a single problem.

I have to agree. I've had great experiences with them. Their prices aren't always the best, but they have a great selection and deliver the goods always as promised. Every company will make a mistake from time to time and you are the unlucky recipient this time. It happens.

Because of 1 mistake. I don't think so. I have ordered plenty of stuff from frozenCPU and will order from them again.

Its just a fan!! Do you think they want to pay to ship something back that is worth so little? We aren't talking about about a heavy case that will cost $30 to ship, it is just a couple of case fans. AS you said, stuff happens. Is really worth never buying from a good seller because of this one mistake?

LOL@OP You're thread title seems a little bit of hyperbole considering the situation, dontcha think?

I with the posters above me. I've spent a lot of money there and nothing but troublefree and prompt service.

The asking to pay for return shipping is just normal business anywhere in the US and pretty much the world. It would be like asking Best Buy to pay for the gas it cost me to drive back to the store if they gave me the wrong item. Sorry...

The asking to pay for return shipping is just normal business anywhere in the US and pretty much the world. It would be like asking Best Buy to pay for the gas it cost me to drive back to the store if they gave me the wrong item. Sorry...

I should try that sometime. Oh wait, I hate Best buy. Newegg all the way..

If it was an RMA type situation I would agree, but they messed up, not me...Why should I have to pay for there mistake. I'm not completely saying that they suck(yet), but they should fix this and I should not suffer from it. Stuff does happen and I understand that, but they messed up and they should fix it.... without it costing me!

I have never had a single problem with FrozenCPU and I have also done quite a bit of business with them. They're prices are a tad high, but their speed and service are excellent.

Unless you order a tube of Arctic Silver and the company ships you a box of live black mambas, you're responsible for the return shipping. It's been like that with every e-tailer I've dealt with. Works the same with RMAs.

Aye. Newegg didn't cover my RMA for shipping back a bad motherboard a few years ago.

It wasn't really FrozenCPU's fault. They ordered something from AC, and in the system they had the parts they ordered. Receiving got them and shelved them. I'm sure they're too busy to meticulously check every part and such. They obliviously shipped you the wrong part because they received the wrong part in the first place.

Plus, they were just fans. Sure, fans can be pretty pricey, but it could've been much worse.

No, when someone ships you something you are entirely beholden to them. In no way could the customer have prevented the company from shipping him the wrong item. I don't see why the customer should be responsible and have to pay for a mistake which is purely the company's fault.

In the case of Best Buy it's also partly your responsibility, because you had the chance to make sure they gave you the correct item (before you drove back) but didn't.

A more extreme example, what if you ordered an 8800GTX from Dell, but they shipped you a Ti 4200. Would you say that it's "reasonable" that you should pay the return shipping on the old video card? Then, when you do, they ship you a broken Radeon X800. Is it still reasonable to expect you to pay the return shipping so you can finally get your 8800GTX?

EDIT: RMA, again bad analogy. An RMA is not really frozenCPU's responsibility, they don't make the products they sell, they only distribute them. And even a company which makes the parts can't really entirely be responsible for RMA, since it may have been damaged in shipping or by the user. FrozenCPU on the other hand shipped him the wrong item, to prevent this all they would have had to do was to check in the box to make sure they're sending him the correct item. They failed to do this, their fault. Notice, I'm not saying they suck, everyone makes mistakes, but failing to own up to your mistakes is something that is preventable...

Yep, Frozen CPU has been nothing but great for me, I love the superfast order processing and shipping.

Ive had this happen with other etailers and been stuck with paying shipping back so bleh.

Unless you order a tube of Arctic Silver and the company ships you a box of live black mambas, you're responsible for the return shipping. It's been like that with every e-tailer I've dealt with. Works the same with RMAs.

It seems like the same thing to me. They sent me the wrong thing??...My invoice says what I ordered and they sent me something else. I still don't see how I should be made to pay for there mistake. I won't be doing business with them again unless this gets fixed and as I said they asked me to call back and I will and then I'll post what happened(Good or Bad).

No, when someone ships you something you are entirely beholden to them. In no way could the customer have prevented the company from shipping him the wrong item. I don't see why the customer should be responsible and have to pay for a mistake which is purely the company's fault.

In the case of Best Buy it's also partly your responsibility, because you had the chance to make sure they gave you the correct item (before you drove back) but didn't.

A more extreme example, what if you ordered an 8800GTX from Dell, but they shipped you a floppy drive. Would you say that it's "reasonable" that you should pay the return shipping on the floppy drive? Then, when you do, they ship you a broken CD-ROM drive. Is it still reasonable to expect you to pay the return shipping so you can finally get your 8800GTX?

EDIT: RMA, again bad analogy. An RMA is not really frozenCPU's responsibility, they don't make the products they sell, they only distribute them. And even a company which makes the parts can't really entirely be responsible for RMA, since it may have been damaged in shipping or by the user. FrozenCPU on the other hand shipped him the wrong item, to prevent this all they would have had to do was to check in the box to make sure they're sending him the correct item. They failed to do this, their fault. Notice, I'm not saying they suck, everyone makes mistakes, but failing to own up to your mistakes is something that is preventable...

Thank You for seeing my point of view :)....Some fans are much better than others and I got one that wasn't as good as what I ordered.

Bottom line, it's standard practice, and with one person slamming FrozenCPU and a bunch of others commending them, you're just gonna have to get over it and/or choose not to shop with them anymore.

It seems like the same thing to me. They sent me the wrong thing??...My invoice says what I ordered and they sent me something else. I still don't see how I should be made to pay for there mistake. I won't be doing business with them again unless this gets fixed and as I said they asked me to call back and I will and then I'll post what happened(Good or Bad).

Why didn't you wait for that before even posting this thread? So they may end up fixing the whole damn thing and yet there will still be a thread titled "Beware of FrozenCPU.com":rolleyes:

This reminds me of all the bash Newegg threads. People will literally tell everyone how they have done thousands and thousands of dollars wtih them and as soon as they feel something isn't right they feel the need to post a "Beware of Newegg thread".:rolleyes:

He ordered fans and he got fans. The wrong fans, but fans nonetheless. He didn't get a completely different part.

OK, how much similarity is acceptable? If you ordered an 8800GTX and some company sent you a broken X800GT would you consider that an acceptable mistake since they're both video cards? And what if they then sent you a 7900GT after you shipped back the X800GT that you didn't want. Would two wrong shipments in a row be acceptable?

I think it's also worth noting how rare shipping the wrong item is. In my literally hundreds of online orders I have not once gotten the wrong item, ever. I think this speaks to the fact that this is a preventable problem, and when it does occur it's rare enough that a company should be willing to own up and pay return shipping without destroying their bottom line. If the cost of paying return shipping for cases like this has grown to the point that it's seriously effecting FrozenCPU's bottom line, then they have more serious problems to address.

Why didn't you wait for that before even posting this thread? So they may end up fixing the whole damn thing and yet there will still be a thread titled "Beware of FrozenCPU.com":rolleyes:

This reminds me of all the bash Newegg threads. People will literally tell everyone how they have done thousands and thousands of dollars wtih them and as soon as they feel something isn't right they feel the need to post a "Beware of Newegg thread".:rolleyes:

Problem is people love taking advantage of a companies prices and/or methods but they do not understand the business model they must operate on in order to get those prices and/or methods. When the model affects them negatively they start pounding their hands about how they were wronged and life isn't fair. The fact is that it is each persons responsibility to fully understand who they are buying from what and their policies are. If this was such a big issue (having to pay return shipping on the wrong item) then you should have checked on that first.

The short of the story is almost all etailers operate this way...not just FrozenCPU.

OK, how much similarity is acceptable? If you ordered an 8800GTX and some company sent you a broken X800GT would you consider that an acceptable mistake since they're both video cards? And what if they then sent you a 7900GT after you shipped back the X800GT that you didn't want. Would two wrong shipments in a row be acceptable?

You can make up as many analogies, similes, and ingredient substitutions as you'd like. If this kind of thing is going to make someone avoid an online retailer, they'll have to avoid virtually all of them.

It's not really their fault either, though. They recieved the wrong part from a supplier, it's not like they make the stuff they sell, they're just an e-tailor/distributor. I'm sure they don't open the box 90% of the time in situations like this (have to order stock from supplier to fill an order).

Don't really see why you're getting pissed off about having to pay a little bit of shipping, and writing off the distributor entirely because of that. It would cost what, $6-8 at most to ship it back? Less if you find a real snail way of sending it. :p That's an hour or two at a minimum wage job, hardly a big deal imo.

The impression I got from the phone call was that I was being blown off and that's why I posted this.

All mail-order and e-tailers pretty much use the same policy; you pay shipping one way. This was already stated in the agreement that you acknowledged when you placed your order. You are taking a gamble each time you buy something not in person.

Just pay the return shipping. It's only a couple of bucks anyways.

As for FrozenCPU, I have ordered stuff from them in the past, and will continue to do so.

The impression I got from the phone call was that I was being blown off and that's why I posted this.

Your first post didn't reflect this. My impression was that you were fed up because you had to pay to ship back the fans.

I just recently had a somewhat poor experience with them myself.

I ordered the windowed side panel for the PC-V1000B plus, and got the one for the PC-V1000B. Now, it fits, but it doesn't have a pretty black mesh grating on it...

I called them, and their excuse was, "we were out of the other one, so we sent you this one instead"

Now, if I was running the store, I'd have emailed myself (lol) to tell me that they were OOS with the one I wanted.

Eh, I still love the wondow, so i'm not complaining, it just seemed... odd.

But, I've done over 10 orders with them, and other than their somewhat-high prices here and there, they're great.

I ordered the windowed side panel for the PC-V1000B plus, and got the one for the PC-V1000B. Now, it fits, but it doesn't have a pretty black mesh grating on it...

I called them, and their excuse was, "we were out of the other one, so we sent you this one instead"

This situation could actually warrant a bad review of FrozenCPU. They took it upon themselves to ship you something slightly different without asking you first. If they made you pay to ship it back, either for a refund, credit, or to wait for more stock to arrive, then you could post a thread about it.

In either case, though, it's not enough to tell others to avoid them. If it were more like Monarch Computers, then it would be. ;)

But, I've done over 10 orders with them, and other than their somewhat-high prices here and there, they're great.

I agree, ive gotten many orders from these guys and never had a problem. if they had told you they were out of stock on what you ordered and knowingly shipped you something else without checking with you first like that, i would have been pissed, especially because those side panels arent $10 fans, but if it was a mistake that wasnt really anyones fault, like this was, you cant really blame them for not covering more then their half of the shipping. shit happens, it wasnt your fault, it wasnt theirs either, they are just splitting the cost with you. did you ever think of it from the other side? now they have to pay people to unpack and reinventory what you send back, which there is normaly a 15% charge for, then pay to pick, pack and ship out another set of fans which they arent charging you for.

Your first post didn't reflect this. My impression was that you were fed up because you had to pay to ship back the fans.

This was my first post.

I ordered a couple of case fans from them and one of the fans was not what I ordered. I thought it was a simple mistake and called them. They then told me that the company(Arctic Cooling) that they get there stock from sent them the wrong fans and so they then sent me the (wrong) fan because of this. No biggie so far(Stuff Happens), but then they started telling me that they might not get the fan that I ordered in stock ever and as a result that I could get a refund, but that I would have to pay to ship the (wrong) fan back to them that I didn't order and they sent to me by mistake. At this point I started to get a little irritated and they told me to call back later today, because they might get the fan I ordered in stock and then they could send it to me and then they would pay for the return shipping of the other(wrong) fan back to them. So I think I'm about to get screwed...It's not worth the price of the fan I ordered to ship it back if I have to pay shipping. I'll post an update when I call them back as they asked me to do at about 4PM EST. As of now though I would have to say Stay Away From FrozenCPU.com
progress.gif

It would not be worth it to ship the fan back and again...Why should I pay for there mistake?

This was my first post.

-snip-

It would not be worth it to ship the fan back and again...Why should I pay for there mistake?

I know what your first post was. It's at the top of the page. I said:
My impression was that you were fed up because you had to pay to ship back the fans.

Your first post didn't blatantly say, "They're blowing me off!" It was about having to pay for shipping. You shouldn't have created a thread until the situation was over. You still have yet to call back and see what they say.

I'll post an update when I call them back as they asked me to do at about 4PM EST

ns, but if it was a mistake that wasnt really anyones fault, like this was, you cant really blame them for not covering more then their half of the shipping. shit happens, it wasnt your fault, it wasnt theirs either

I disagree with this...It was there fault!... They should have looked at the part #'s and either sent me the right product or not sent the wrong product.

I disagree with this...It was there fault!... They should have looked at the part #'s and either sent me the right product or not sent the wrong product.

Mistakes happen. No company is perfect. You're both paying for shipping.

I know what your first post was. It's at the top of the page. I said:

Your first post didn't blatantly say, "They're blowing me off!" It was about having to pay for shipping. You shouldn't have created a thread until the situation was over. You still have yet to call back and see what they say.

Obviously I was upset after trying to work things out with them and that's why I posted this thread. Maybe I should of waited 4 more hours until I talked to them again, but I didn't feel like waiting. Maybe they should have resolved this issue when I called them the first time instead of putting me off.

Mistakes happen. No company is perfect. You're both paying for shipping.

I still don't see how I should pay for there mistakes. I payed for shipping once, why should I have to pay it again. I didn't make a mistake they did.

Maybe I should of waited 4 more hours until I talked to them again, but I didn't feel like waiting.

Bingo. It's okay to vent, but we don't really care until the matter's over so we can sift through the aftermath.

A more extreme example, what if you ordered an 8800GTX from Dell, but they shipped you a Ti 4200. Would you say that it's "reasonable" that you should pay the return shipping on the old video card? Then, when you do, they ship you a broken Radeon X800. Is it still reasonable to expect you to pay the return shipping so you can finally get your 8800GTX?

I have to agree on all points. He was shipped the incorrect item. I side with the OP on this. Just because a company has a stellar reputation doesn't mean that they can shaft the occasional customer over. I do love how everyone seems to blindly defend companies they have delt with.

Not saying FrozenCPU is bad in any way. But look what happened when everyone blindly defended Monarch when the select few were raising flags on their CC Float scam..

FrozenCPU is wrong in this instance. They should offer return shipping, send him the correct product or issue a complete refund.

I still don't see how I should pay for there mistakes. I payed for shipping once, why should I have to pay it again. I didn't make a mistake they did.

It's not FrozenCPU's fault. Just don't buy from them anymore and move on with life.

In addition, posting here isn't going to help your case.

Bingo. It's okay to vent, but we don't really care until the matter's over so we can sift through the aftermath.

If you're going to quote me.... get the entire quote.... and I did say I would and I will report the aftermath.

"Maybe they should have resolved this issue when I called them the first time instead of putting me off."

Back