Battlefield V

Still Bad Company 2 for me. I liked RUSH mode and how Bad Company 2 married the Arena style combat of COD and the scale of BF. Just personal taste. It took me a while to really start enjoying BFV. Granted it's all personal taste as I played BF1 for at most 3 hours and haven't gone back to it.

BFBC2 is another good version of the BF series. What annoys me is that in BF-V there is no paid DLC, just free stuff. I know I am in the minority, but I def would of paid for some of the old BF1942 maps.

BFBC2 is another good version of the BF series. What annoys me is that in BF-V there is no paid DLC, just free stuff. I know I am in the minority, but I def would of paid for some of the old BF1942 maps.

oh Id easily kick out 15 for a 1942 map pack. nobody probably remembers this but there was also a 1942 Star Wars mod called Galactic Conquest. It makes battlefront look like a joke. Id kill to get that back.

I worked on the original Desert Combat mod team at Trauma Studios when I lived in NYC back in the day. Dice purchased Trauma and we were known as DICE NY and ended up using the Desert Combat mod as the basis for BF2.

There is your history lesson for the day. :)

Thank you for making it. DC satisfied my gaming crave for large scale modern shooter action that was completely lacking during that time.

I’m liking the game better now that I updated my rig. I really want the original wake island and elamein.

I want huge maps where its punishing to go flag to flag in conquest.

The current map rotation is getting boring though.

God..when desert combat patches dropped, man was it a crap shoot trying to download them and finding an updated server thru game spy lol

Have they increased the level cap yet?
no.

but last night I missed the final m1a1 assignment by 1 kill. tonight when I logged in it had completed the assignment. thinking maybe just a fluke. tonight I attempted the final mp40 assignment. got about 15 of the 20 kills, closed the game. came back to it and now it was completed. so I think they are reducing the assignment kill requirements

Yeah, I hit level 50 after the first week and to me, since I wasn't gaining levels it felt like no point in playing lol.

I prob have 3-400 hours on BF1 and BFV was just a huge disappointment to me. A shame, I was really hyped for it at first.

Do grenades explode on impact or did this guy's bullets hit it in mid-air? Either way, this is my favorite kill so far. Dude straight up evaporated. :D

Yeah, I hit level 50 after the first week and to me, since I wasn't gaining levels it felt like no point in playing lol.

I prob have 3-400 hours on BF1 and BFV was just a huge disappointment to me. A shame, I was really hyped for it at first.
So you play purely for your own level?
Since when has BF games became all about your level and not about winning those epic matches?
I always thought BF games were shooters and not RPG games, you learn something new everyday.

Can thank COD for that shit... :(

Amazing how many hours logged into BF2, and never worried about what rank I was.

So you play purely for your own level?
Since when has BF games became all about your level and not about winning those epic matches?
I always thought BF games were shooters and not RPG games, you learn something new everyday.

To me it feels like I've stopped progressing.
Everyone has their own reasons for playing a game. To each their own. Still enjoy playing it for the sake of just gaming with my friends. But the game already feels stale despite the levelcap.

Also just might be my taste in games changing. Respawn and die games have been losing their flavor for me as of late.

Anyone having a problem on Twisted Steel grand operations map with their graphics oc on DX12? Seems to always be a driver crash on that map for me.

Last edited:
Hey guys, what is the feeling for this game? Worth picking up?

I have played BF games since BFBC2 but felt BF4 and BF1 were kind of regressive. How does this game compare to BF1?

I have played BF games since BFBC2 but felt BF4 and BF1 were kind of regressive. How does this game compare to BF1?

I cant compare the two I just can't seem to get into BF1 no matter what I do. Unless you can get a refund if you don't like it I recommend just spending the $15 on an EA subscription and if you don't like it cancel.

For myself I'm still into it. I play 2-3 hours a day when I have time. I'm by no means a good/great battlefield player I rarely do better than 3:1 top8 so I'm not a veteran or anything. I usually just autojoin grand operations which is where two teams battle over the course of three maps I never fail to join a 32/32. I like that this game really kinda forces people into the action. You're just not going to run into a map with 20 snipers sitting in the back of the map or anything like that. There's tracers and lens reflection so you pretty much have to move every time you kill/damage someone.

Might be worth your time to google some gameplay on each of the maps https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/about/maps to see if you like it.

Its called something different but RUSH is in this one. RUSH is probably my favorite mode of all time.

its really going to depend who you ask. bf4 for me was deathmatch mode in conquest. super fast ttk and small maps. which is weird that dice wanted to change the ttk in bf5 when its still faster in bf4. then bf1 came along with slow ttk and crappy feeling guns. I enjoyed bf1 more than bf4, but I think bf5 is a better than both. the ttk is just right, medic revive spam is finally fixed, the weapons are accurate, tanks are less OP. I just wish they would have put some of the original bf1942 maps in.

Okay so last night was my first time actually playing a grand operation all the way through. We came to a stalemate and had the final death mode.

Let me first ask, WHY THE HELL ISNT THIS A MODE IN ITS SELF?

It was honestly the most intense round of BF I have played since BF2.

So much team work, and playing roles, it was awesome, although short lived.. :( We did mange to win with 2 people left.

I have played all the BF games in the franchise, I have over 1700 hours in BF4 and only put 50 hours in BF1 before I uninstalled the game... just hated it. I have nearly 200 into BF5.. it's got some serious class balance issues but can still be a fun game. My repeated advise if you purchase.. play assault. It's by far your best bet to have a positive experience. Avoid the medic class like the plague.

My2c

My current gripes with the game are...
1) Assault class is hands down the best class.
2) Maps are meh and there should be at least 2x as many.
3) Weapon customization is 99% cosmetic bullshit, give me BF4 type customization.
4) no team balancing.
5) Suppresion is pointless, when I can start hitting someone with a MMG and they can pop off a head shot and walk away with 50% health, something is fucky.

I am about to uninstall and play BF4, the direction this series is going is shit.

Gamers putting their wallets where their mouths are!? Has hell frozen over??

Lol hopefully it happens more, though I wonder how long until they blame piracy like in the good ol' days.
I don't mind Female characters at all, its not like BF has tried to be accurate since around 3 forward. I think the devs and EA should go spend a few months playing 1942, Desert Combat and BF2 to remember why people loved the games. And not having to buy a new one in 12 months time after just getting the "current" one working and updated.

I hate the fast paced play style, that's COD's shtick. Oh well.

Side not that video was 10 minutes too long lol.

Reactions: SoFGR
like this
What weapons and gear are great for the assault class? I've been playing Medic only...

just don't use dx12 and get 40% of your frame rate back and no crashing.. ;)

Nope I tried going back to DX11 and it crashed on that map again. Guaranteed to happen every time. I can play all the other grand operations fine except for the twisted steel one.

Fuck EA Fuck Dice Fuck Patrick Soderlund and his stupid daughter who should be playing roblux why do i gotta be staring at a picture of Milania trump every time i start up battlefield.

Attachments

• screen_shot_2018-05-23_at_4-05-26_pm-0-0.jpg
    screen_shot_2018-05-23_at_4-05-26_pm-0-0.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Okay so last night was my first time actually playing a grand operation all the way through. We came to a stalemate and had the final death mode.

Let me first ask, WHY THE HELL ISNT THIS A MODE IN ITS SELF?

It was honestly the most intense round of BF I have played since BF2.

So much team work, and playing roles, it was awesome, although short lived.. :( We did mange to win with 2 people left.

Are you referring to the last part of the Rottendam one on the Devastation map? I think it's called Frontlines.

Front lines is my favorite mode. It lacks planes but the smaller player count and more focused gameplay is superior to conquest imo. Still, about tired of these maps already. If they don't come strong with some new content....

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
What weapons and gear are great for the assault class? I've been playing Medic only...
Depends on how you like to play.
With a more aggressive style, try the StG 44 or M1907 SF. The M1907 has a lot less bullets (16 by default, 21 with upgrade tree) but fires so dawn fast. The StG is a bit more versatile because you can still shred in close and medium range and use tap fire at longer distances.

With a more thought out style (waiting for the enemy rather than looking for them, for example) or looking for longer paths with less cover, try the Turner SMLE/M1A1 Carbine or Gewer 43. With the 2 first weapons you can fire faster (and need more bullets to kill) than the Gewer (more damage per bullet but also more recoil).
M1A1 you can have 31 bullets with the upgrade tree and kill a lot of guys in one mag (it's a good weapon to spam fire a bit) and the Turner SMLE you can have 10 bullets and faster reloads or 20 but slower reloads (magazine vs clip fed ammunition). These 2 can still win fights most of the time in close quarters. With the Gewer it's a bit harder, you need to be aware of your surroundings more.

Gadgets, I like to run with the panzerfaust (first rocket unlocked) and dynamite. But some maps you may have more success switching the dynamite for mines.
Grenade I always use the Geballte Ladung (better against vehicles).

You poor bastard... are you in for a treat. Assault is the easymode/IWIN class for this game hands down. I literally feel like I'm cheating when I play it even tho my K/D is not great in that class. The guns are so much better and OP I don't give a lot of thought to playing the class like I would any other... just run in.. expend my extra treats... point the weapon in the general direction of the enemy and hold the mouse button until they die.

ANY of the assault weapons can be used.. there is no downside to any of them once you get to lvl 4 and adjust the perk tree to your likes. Literally the first gun you have access to can be used effectively and is better than any weapon any other class has access to with the sole exception of the KE7.

I go for straight up asslt... scab ammo and health regen. My typical ASSLT loadout is the STG, pnzrfaust/PIAT, rifle launched frag... frag nade.

Eh while assault is pretty much what everyone runs, medic class is the shit for me. Mp40 all day er day! Dinking heads across the map. :ROFLMAO:

Eh while assault is pretty much what everyone runs, medic class is the shit for me. Mp40 all day er day! Dinking heads across the map. :ROFLMAO:

Medic is the only class I have not gotten to 20... 17 is as far as I could get without chucking a monitor out the window in frustration. SMG's... SO... BAD...

The more I play this game the more apparent the lack of development and quality control shines. They did practically zero balance testing prior to release. Some classes are entirely worthless, with entire classes of weapons utter garbage.

You can drill 4-5 shots into someone with an LMG, and put another 10-15 shots within feet of them only to get shot once and instantly killed because they were using a sniper rifle. Yeah, someone being shot 4 to 5 times by a massive bullet can calmly aim and return fire with no penalty.

The LMGs also require you to use a bipod system to aim, which is problematic because they don't work half the time. You character fiddles around, throwing it on/off automatically for no reason. Easily the worst bipod implementation I've ever seen in a game. Probably ties with ArmA 3 at being broken/utterly shit. At least with ArmA 3 it doesn't force place/remove it though.

What else sucks with LMGs? Everything. Because of the bipod system you can't use them in close quarters. Because of their garbage damage you can't use them at range (where they should dominate). They do equal or less damage than 9mm weapons and have no advantage. Sniper rifles are superior at range and at arms length distance. They magically do 500-600% more damage despite firing the same round and in game you can magically hold them perfectly still.

Okay, lets balance this. LMGs are heavy weapons so lets require them to be used prone for most scenarios. Do the same for sniper rifles. That would... balance them. I know it would make the noobs who only player sniper rifles cry, but it needs to be done for balance and realism. Add in 3-4 times the scope sway.

What about ammo? No one picks it up. No one can take it. Why? Because enemies drop ammo. So your main way to get points to level up the class (to hopefully get non-shitty weapons) is gone. Because you apparently shoot a pellet gun version of an MG34/Bren you really need a way to get points. Killing people with LMGs certainly isn't how you level up this class. It is entirely worthless from a gameplay, team play, and well, practical perspective.

Going back to snipers, they are as deadly as they are in BF4 Hardcore. Which worked in BF4 Hardcore mode because the other weapons did more damage to. It is reasonable to pick off a sniper at medium to medium long range in BF4 Hardcore due to the more accurate weapons and decreased health. In BF5 other weapons are a lot weaker comparatively, and less accurate, harder to employ and whatnot.

DICE has once again proven they're lazy amateurs. This long post release and they still can't even figure out basic plain as day balancing is astonishing. It is not like there is a lot of content or classes either. It should be a simple fix.

I think the only hope for this becoming somewhat sensible from a gameplay perspective is to hope it gets tossed over to some secondary studio. BF4 was fun but had a lot of technical problems, only fixed after it went of life support with that LA studio. DICE Sweden have always been incompetent, third rate dumb fucks so I suppose this is history repeating itself yet again (BF2/4/1, pretty much everything they've done!).

Do you mean MMG? Yeah they literally require the bipod active to not be shit. The MG is an insane bullet hose but you're pretty much rooted.

Last time I played the starting LMG was literally one of the best guns in the game. You could pretty much just 1 burst someone half way across the map.

Nope I tried going back to DX11 and it crashed on that map again. Guaranteed to happen every time. I can play all the other grand operations fine except for the twisted steel one.

Fuck EA Fuck Dice Fuck Patrick Soderlund and his stupid daughter who should be playing roblux why do i gotta be staring at a picture of Milania trump every time i start up battlefield.

Well if anyone runs into a similar problem I think I've figured out my issue after a barrage of testing:

(Crash to desktop/ Nvidia driver recovered error in event log)

Seems to be the stock fan profile on the MSI Gaming X 2080ti is not dissipating heat well enough after the card gets heat soaked from a few hours of gaming.

I found that I could cold start into the game after turning on my computer and play for an hour or so and never experience a crash, but after a bit of time (getting hot) it would eventually crash to desktop, and then not even be able to start the game back up to get into the main menu even if I then removed the OC from Afterburner.

Ambient temp of around 72F OC'ed to 2040-2070 & 7650 on mem starts up at 30c ...once the card gets hot the default fan curve isn't really effective at cooling the card...tweaked the curve a bit in Afterburner to start running the fans faster at lower temps gave me about 5 hours without any problems.

Last edited:
The more I play this game the more apparent the lack of development and quality control shines. They did practically zero balance testing prior to release. Some classes are entirely worthless, with entire classes of weapons utter garbage.

You can drill 4-5 shots into someone with an LMG, and put another 10-15 shots within feet of them only to get shot once and instantly killed because they were using a sniper rifle. Yeah, someone being shot 4 to 5 times by a massive bullet can calmly aim and return fire with no penalty.

The LMGs also require you to use a bipod system to aim, which is problematic because they don't work half the time. You character fiddles around, throwing it on/off automatically for no reason. Easily the worst bipod implementation I've ever seen in a game. Probably ties with ArmA 3 at being broken/utterly shit. At least with ArmA 3 it doesn't force place/remove it though.

What else sucks with LMGs? Everything. Because of the bipod system you can't use them in close quarters. Because of their garbage damage you can't use them at range (where they should dominate). They do equal or less damage than 9mm weapons and have no advantage. Sniper rifles are superior at range and at arms length distance. They magically do 500-600% more damage despite firing the same round and in game you can magically hold them perfectly still.

Okay, lets balance this. LMGs are heavy weapons so lets require them to be used prone for most scenarios. Do the same for sniper rifles. That would... balance them. I know it would make the noobs who only player sniper rifles cry, but it needs to be done for balance and realism. Add in 3-4 times the scope sway.

What about ammo? No one picks it up. No one can take it. Why? Because enemies drop ammo. So your main way to get points to level up the class (to hopefully get non-shitty weapons) is gone. Because you apparently shoot a pellet gun version of an MG34/Bren you really need a way to get points. Killing people with LMGs certainly isn't how you level up this class. It is entirely worthless from a gameplay, team play, and well, practical perspective.

Going back to snipers, they are as deadly as they are in BF4 Hardcore. Which worked in BF4 Hardcore mode because the other weapons did more damage to. It is reasonable to pick off a sniper at medium to medium long range in BF4 Hardcore due to the more accurate weapons and decreased health. In BF5 other weapons are a lot weaker comparatively, and less accurate, harder to employ and whatnot.

DICE has once again proven they're lazy amateurs. This long post release and they still can't even figure out basic plain as day balancing is astonishing. It is not like there is a lot of content or classes either. It should be a simple fix.

I think the only hope for this becoming somewhat sensible from a gameplay perspective is to hope it gets tossed over to some secondary studio. BF4 was fun but had a lot of technical problems, only fixed after it went of life support with that LA studio. DICE Sweden have always been incompetent, third rate dumb fucks so I suppose this is history repeating itself yet again (BF2/4/1, pretty much everything they've done!).

Yup, you can put fire on a sniper using any class at any distance and you won't be able to suppress them in any way or alter their shot, they'll just calmly strafe and one shot kill you. LOL the game design and balance is so shit and so are the weapon assignments. I'm glad it's selling worse than Battlefield Hardline.

I expect that DICE use an AI or whatnot to monitor absolutely all player behaviour and tweak classes accordingly to maximise the player base. If LMG guys tend not to get put off easily, fuck them the hardest. Attention deficit CoD gunners that pick the assault class, gotta keep 'em happy, etc.

BF4 is what introduced this concept and was it immediately obvious to me. The entire game was orchestrated to try to make good players die and shit players win.

Uninstalling for other games. Maybe the battle Royale will be worth a look. Game is in the wrong hands.

Back