Battlefield V

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by Blade-Runner, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Chris_B

Chris_B [H]ardness Supreme

Can anyone tell me where in the FUCK these new tanks are? I seen a guy on panzerstorm 2 nights ago using the Archer tank destroyer somehow, yet i don't see them in any of the vehicle or call in options.

And gg on the patch dice, more shit broken and an fps decrease. :rolleyes:

2. Gabe3

Gabe3 2[H]4U

i havn't noticed any changes with this patch. still has the random micro freezes. thats all I really want fixed, and more maps.

3. travm

travm Limp Gawd

The microfreezes in my experience stemmed from not enough cores. 6+ threads became a minimum with BF1. BF1 had otherwise fast I5's brought into microstutter territory.

More seriously though, since when has a battlefield patch improved anything?

SoFGR likes this.
  4. Gabe3

Gabe3 2[H]4U

oh I forgot about foot steps, that was a big change. but its not so easy to tell distance and direction.

5. spaceman

spaceman [H]ardForum Junkie

Uninstalled.

Playing bf3 again.

TangledThornz likes this.
  6. FearTheCow

FearTheCow [H]ardness Supreme

I dont know why I keep trying, they really need to implement the following...

1) AA gun buff, talking 2x or more current damage.

2) recon needs to go prone to be accurate, just like support, or they suffer the same accuracy penalty.

3) limit recon to 10% of attacking team players to force players to actually be useful.

Those changes and the game gets 100x better.

7. JavaLava

JavaLava [H]Lite

Step in the right direction at least. At least I can finally hear people around me and know they are coming.

On another note...is anyone having performance issues since the patch? I am pushing 70 to 100 frames, but it just sames laggy network wise.

8. TangledThornz

TangledThornz Gawd

Why not BF4? Still, BF3 had the best maps. I miss Karkand and Alborz Mountain.

Porter_ and Sicario like this.
  9. TheMadHatterXxX

TheMadHatterXxX 2[H]4U

Anyone seen this driver hack?

Man I'm sure a lot of the subtle cheaters are using stuff like this, not the ones that go 200-0 but the ones that are going 100+ kills and some odd deaths who seem to never miss shots at range.

Comixbooks likes this.
  10. Chris_B

A certain reddit arsehole posted how to do this, annoying as anyone could be using it as its unknown if it can be detected.

11. Gabe3

Gabe3 2[H]4U

I hope their origin accounts get deleted

12. Evil Scooter

Evil Scooter [H]ard|Gawd

1) Agree.. I'd like to see AA stronger.. tired of getting spammed on the flag from above.

2) Recon needs a buff.. not more hamstring like the current blinding light that is scope glint. With a 6x scope at distance and massive recoil on the SLR's.. that reticle is bouncing a lot. Support firing with a lewis or ke7 do not suffer these penalties and don't need to go prone to accurately return fire.

13. horrorshow

horrorshow [H]ardness Supreme

Yeah, this is definitely a bannable offense in my book.

14. Evil Scooter

Evil Scooter [H]ard|Gawd

They seem unable to catch people blatantly walling and aimbotting... no way they will be bothered to try to catch people editing video settings. People have been using reduced settings for an advantage for as long as I can remember.

15. Gabe3

Gabe3 2[H]4U

I dont know if you watched the whole video but jackfrags said they banned the twitch streamers who were doing it. but what is unknown is if its detected or if ea/dice were watching the steams and manually banned them. personally havn't seen any cheaters. and anyone who claims they have really don't have proof. since theres no first person spectate view. unless they seem them spinning around with some crazy kdr.

16. Evil Scooter

Evil Scooter [H]ard|Gawd

IMHO it's because they were dumb nuff to post videos or streams of themselves. I have seen quite a few aimbotters firsthand and a few I strongly suspect were walling..

17. TheMadHatterXxX

TheMadHatterXxX 2[H]4U

This has got to be hilarious and sad at the same time.

Sicario and Cr4ckm0nk3y like this.
  18. odditory

odditory [H]ardness Supreme

My rule is anyone that killed me is cheating, and I make sure to announce it ALL CAPS in the chat.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    spine, Gabe3, Ragenrok and 2 others like this.
  19. FearTheCow

The last couple days it seems like some suspicious players topping the charts. Playing on the same server for a while with scores looking "normal," then a lower rank player joins and jumps to the top fairly quickly with a 15+/1 k/d.

20. TheMadHatterXxX

TheMadHatterXxX 2[H]4U

Someone probably posted a video on their reddit or twitter and got their attention. I doubt they have anything automated in place to prevent stuff like this.

This game is mediocre trash, fun for a round or two and then you're bound to encounter all the bullshit that will make you not want to play. The only thing that will save it is this kind of stuff getting more mainstream exposure after their battle royale crap gets launched... but then again this game sold less than hardline so they might not care lol.

21. TheMadHatterXxX

TheMadHatterXxX 2[H]4U

Something happened in the last patch that screwed up AA. I used to be able to track and shoot down planes in one pass or heavily damage them, now i can barely do any damage at all to them.

And I agree with 2 and 3. I see sniper glint I notice he's aiming at me, I start shooting at him, but since there's no suppression he just strafes and one shot kills me lol how bad is this game design.

22. Hulk

Hulk [H]ardness Supreme

Battlefield 2 > Every other battlefield game

23. TangledThornz

TangledThornz Gawd

BF2 was great for 2005. I miss being able to spawn kill and steal vehicles in that game. I was the guy on the Oman map that would fly a Arab helicopter to the Marine aircraft carrier, hide, and snipe pilots's heads that spawned in the F35s :)

Sicario, Porter_ and Gabe3 like this.
  24. Chris_B

There's cheating fucks out the ass in this game the last week or 2. I was in a server the other night getting immediately killed on spawn, even if i spawned with a tank it immediately exploded. The 2 doing the killing were on the other side of the map and according to the enemy team our team were constantly "spotted" on their minimap.

25. FearTheCow

Hell, if suppression worked against recon And they had to be prone to be accurate I would be happy at this point.

Edit: AA needs a major buff or planes ability to attack ground targets need a major nerf.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  26. CAD4466HK

CAD4466HK [H]ard|Gawd

HA! I was the guy that would take a BTR-90 and snorkel it all the way to the Essex , than set up shop below deck till I ran out of ammo or got kicked, great fun, but I hated it when I myself would get caught in one of those unending spawn killing loops.

Sicario likes this.
  27. FearTheCow

I want a freaking rocket truck, those were fun.

28. Snappshoota

Snappshoota [H]ard|Gawd

Is that Free 2 play BF2 still active? Think i still have it installed on my spare HD..

29. sirmonkey1985

sirmonkey1985 [H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010

might be, i just know they're not allowed to distribute the files anymore but sadly i built a new system and forgot bf2 and 2142 were on one of the drives i wiped.

30. Cr4ckm0nk3y

Cr4ckm0nk3y Gawd

It is one of the most annoying things I have come across in BF5!

31. verylostindeed

verylostindeed Gawd

I think I would like this game 100% more if it reverted to 3D spotting.

32. Snappshoota

Snappshoota [H]ard|Gawd

No! Absolutely not!! Shit was soo aggravating to get spotted, run to some cover, and still get mowed down instantly by a MG a 100 miles away.

Yes seeing players is a pain in the ass now, but its what it should be. You should be rewarded for being vigilant, and paying attention to your surroundings.. Not because you see a orange triangle floating around the map.

Gabe3 and Pulsar like this.
  33. verylostindeed

verylostindeed Gawd

There was hardcore mode if you didn't like spotting. They're now forcing everyone to play hardcore, basically, and I can't see shit because my eyesight is terrible and GET OFF MY LAWN, YOUNGS.

34. IdiotInCharge

IdiotInCharge [H]ardForum Junkie

Was. Not seen in BFV yet.

Snappshoota likes this.
  35. brennok

brennok [H]ard|Gawd

36. verylostindeed

verylostindeed Gawd

Oh good - the Qualify of Life commitment is being factored into the equation. Whatever the fuck that means.

Sure would be nice to have 64 player frontlines only servers, but I guess the Quality of Life Committee disagrees.

37. Chris_B

The rsp rhetoric above reminds me of back in Bad Company 2 where they were "discussing" releasing mod tools for the game, took months over it, and ultimately came out with a long winded excuse as to why they wouldn't.

38. Gabe3

Gabe3 2[H]4U

so I guess I was one of the people who weren't getting the company coin they were suppose to be getting. I was at 28k, now tonight I have 73k.

39. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

LOL it's like Minecraft