Battlefield V

So is the game 65.99 at launch for the base game because CD keys has it for 50.00
I don't think I'll pick it up I hardly even played Battlefront 2 maybe a dozen matches at the most.

I have been enjoying BF5. My only real complaint with it, is that unlocks and vehicle unlocks are very grindy. Also, Allied bombers have a bug, can't spawn on a squad member in them. Extremely annoying.

So is the game 65.99 at launch for the base game because CD keys has it for 50.00
I don't think I'll pick it up I hardly even played Battlefront 2 maybe a dozen matches at the most.

Not worth buying the game when it's $15 for a month or $99 for a year of Origin premier which gives you a boatload of other games to play as well, and if you get bored you can just cancel.

View attachment 120538 View attachment 120539

1440p with RTX on. Can't really go higher res and still be playable.

I’ve been playing 3440x1440 (25% more pixels than 2560x1440) ultra / rtx low for about five hours of multiplayer locked at 60fps. It’s around 85% util. I couldn’t tell the difference between low and the other settings. Which setting are you running at?

I love this BF. Battlefront 1 turned me off and Battlefront 2 and Battlefield 1 didn’t do it for me either. I like this one a lot more than those. I’ve only bought BF4, Battlefront 1 (and was really let down) and BFV. When I heard BFV was more like BF4 I jumped on the beta and it sold me.

Considering 4k is almost playable with all high settings and DXR set to low i'd believe at 1440 based resolution is doable. Unfortunately a 2080ti just isn't enough for 4k and DXR in this game.

I do notice that @ 4k with DXR enabled that the GPU isn't working as hard. The power utilization doesn't go as high and it seems that the normal capabilities of the card is being held back.

I think nvidia would be smart to release a 100% tensor card that you could run to allow better DXR performance.

I’ve been playing 3440x1440 (25% more pixels than 2560x1440) ultra / rtx low for about five hours of multiplayer locked at 60fps. It’s around 85% util. I couldn’t tell the difference between low and the other settings. Which setting are you running at?

I love this BF. Battlefront 1 turned me off and Battlefront 2 and Battlefield 1 didn’t do it for me either. I like this one a lot more than those. I’ve only bought BF4, Battlefront 1 (and was really let down) and BFV. When I heard BFV was more like BF4 I jumped on the beta and it sold me.

Was running Ultra + DXR Ultra. I wanted to record the entire campaign with max settings.

Also, multiplayer does tend to run a bit better than the War Stories. I believe it was the third War Story (sorry, forget the name at the moment) where I had some drops into the mid 20s for my framerate.

For the most part, I could live with it. My main problem is the input lag in certain areas was horrendous. If you watch my video of the first half of Act 1, you'll notice I aim really slowly. Mainly, because any faster, and I had no clue where my cursor was going to end up vs where I thought it was going to end up.

Sadly, I don't think I'm going to upload the rest to YouTube. It's about 200 GB of video, and YouTube, even when sitting still, has awful compression, and doesn't do the game any justice.

If you want decent quality 4k videos with HDR, that's really not that much. I can capture uncompressed, and it eats through my 1 TB 970 in no time (about 20 minutes worth).

You have to sacrifice somewhere, and sadly, even the best videos look nothing like the real game.

I believe it. Makes sense considering the amount of data. Kind of like mp3 vs lossless.

The main problem here is YouTube. I recorded everything in 1080p, but I have to upscale to 4k, if you want a better bitrate. The size of the real video isn't really that bad at just 1080p.

We're just really at the point where IQ can't really be displayed too well by public video sources.

Any one want to squad up!? I wont get to play much this week till thanksgiving, but im down to hop in a few games, and get some good squads going.

Origin is Snappshoota03

Added a few of you whose Origin IDs I saw in this thread! Feel free to add me too if anyone wants to squad up—my id is: speedy523 (same as [H] username)—always happy to play with more people :)

According to the latest Q&A with the developers there are still no details to announce on the rental service program. I really wonder if they are even going to offer it this time around.

According to the latest Q&A with the developers there are still no details to announce on the rental service program. I really wonder if they are even going to offer it this time around.

What rental service?

Really waiting for this. No favorites and no team scramble after rounds on their servers... add to the mix no hardcore mode and the game is losing it's shine fast to me. Played a few hours yesterday.. stuck on crap team.. 6 losses in a row. From now on I'll just server skip until EA takes off the dunce hat. and god please bring hardcore soon.. 4 rounds into a target with a carbine should kill.

To notice ray tracing over more of the screen try the Act 1 of the Norway campaign in single player. Lots of little reflections spread out over the snow on the ground and icy snow in the trees at night. Makes contrast better with shadows with all the moonlight shining through trees. Also better contrast indoors where moonlight and other lights shine through windows.

But that's on max settings in 4k on my Titan V on a i7 7700 (RT on) so there's the hit you have to take, getting around 15-20 fps in demanding areas. Occasionally goes up to 30+ fps in some less tough areas.

Last edited:
I couldn’t be bothered if it can’t stick to at least a locked 60 FPS with no dips with RT. I am more willing to reduce effects to get frames vs the opposite. But that’s just me.

Considering 4k is almost playable with all high settings and DXR set to low i'd believe at 1440 based resolution is doable. Unfortunately a 2080ti just isn't enough for 4k and DXR in this game.

I do notice that @ 4k with DXR enabled that the GPU isn't working as hard. The power utilization doesn't go as high and it seems that the normal capabilities of the card is being held back.

I think nvidia would be smart to release a 100% tensor card that you could run to allow better DXR performance.
Could be a failing on the developer's part rather the hardware's WRT utilization.

A simple tweak using Nvidia Inspector and I have SLI working flawlessly. 120 fps at 4K w/ HDR, all settings at High with a few at Ultra. Absolutely love it!!! This game is incredible.

Makes no sense buying this game IMO. If you want all the content the $99 for a year makes more sense, or just do $15 a month and stop paying when you get bored. Not to mention you get access to all the other big EA titles. I just don't see the value in buying this game.

Makes no sense buying this game IMO. If you want all the content the $99 for a year makes more sense, or just do $15 a month and stop paying when you get bored. Not to mention you get access to all the other big EA titles. I just don't see the value in buying this game.
all future content is free no matter what version you have. so the only reason to have to have the origin subscription is if you are going to play 3 or more ea games.

Tried my first grand operations last night.. some asshole lvl 50 flying a Junkers got nearly 100 kills just flying in circles carpet bombing the flags. Having this available in non-hardcore servers is asinine. I left the game at that point. EA should have their ass handed to them for this stupidity.

Yeah. The bomber is op. My friend and I were destroying the other team with him flying and me calling out targets on the ground. Kind of like the Blackhawk in bf2 or attack chopper in bf3.

Tried my first grand operations last night.. some asshole lvl 50 flying a Junkers got nearly 100 kills just flying in circles carpet bombing the flags. Having this available in non-hardcore servers is asinine. I left the game at that point. EA should have their ass handed to them for this stupidity.

Welcome to Battlefield bro. If you are getting your ass handed to you by a bomber, hop in a fighter or AA. I was 25-0 last night in a bomber before the other team scrambled 2 fighters and a mobile AA to combat me.

Welcome to Battlefield bro. If you are getting your ass handed to you by a bomber, hop in a fighter or AA. I was 25-0 last night in a bomber before the other team scrambled 2 fighters and a mobile AA to combat me.

Not my first disco.. first thing I did was hop into AA. On that map the AA is in a hole and you do not have an unimpeded shot until they are directly overhead.. by that time even prefiring you cannot do enough damage to take one down before they fly off and repair for the next pass. The fix is hardcore... this arcade bullshit is driving me nuts. No TK action to keep these shitheads from indiscriminately carpet bombing the pin is asinine.

You can move the aa. There is also mobile aa. Granted. You need teamwork. At least another fighter or two or another as. It can be frustrating if the team doesn't help. It is why I usually only play conquest with my friends.

Yeah I went 47-1 on Arras last night in the Ju-88 and the only reason I died was because I bound pitch up to space bar while fire was still bound to it. Bombed myself...lol

Bombers, particularly, are vastly overpowered while AA is still underpowered. I have the Valentine and Flakpanzer fully upgraded (flaming onion rounds don't do shit) and it still takes almost three overheats before I can kill a bomber. That's fucking ridiculous. Part of the problem is that if you don't have a good vantage point you'll have foliage mostly block your shots so you have even less of a chance to help you team. That said I do think AA range should be reduced 10-15%

I get the teamwork side of things where, if a fighter gets a good pass on a bomber and then that bomber flies within the range of a mobile AA or the tragically bad AA mount then that bomber should die quickly. But good luck with something like that happening in a regular match. It takes way too long for people to react and change what they're doing.

Yeah I went 47-1 on Arras last night in the Ju-88 and the only reason I died was because I bound pitch up to space bar while fire was still bound to it. Bombed myself...lol

Bombers, particularly, are vastly overpowered while AA is still underpowered. I have the Valentine and Flakpanzer fully upgraded (flaming onion rounds don't do shit) and it still takes almost three overheats before I can kill a bomber. That's fucking ridiculous. Part of the problem is that if you don't have a good vantage point you'll have foliage mostly block your shots so you have even less of a chance to help you team. That said I do think AA range should be reduced 10-15%

I get the teamwork side of things where, if a fighter gets a good pass on a bomber and then that bomber flies within the range of a mobile AA or the tragically bad AA mount then that bomber should die quickly. But good luck with something like that happening in a regular match. It takes way too long for people to react and change what they're doing.

The AA is also broken right now as the smaller caliber gun configs do zero damage to the bombers which is just absurd. A quad flakpanzer hitting a bomber flying 100 feet above it should be ass raping it - Same goes with the triple setup on the valentine.

And yeah - AA upgrades are broke right now. The shotgun rounds for the valentine don't work at all. You can't switch to them like in other vehicles, and the flaming onion rounds for the flakpanzer do absolutely nothing as well.

Harsh IGN review I was going to pick it up but I though with shooters until a modern one come out or something innovative.

Played a few hours yesterday. Not overly impressed with the game yet, nor am I disappointed. So far I do not like the weapon and firearm selection. Tanks seem a little under powered, especially against other tanks and planes are way OP. Other than that the game plays pretty good and the maps are fun. Team/squad play is much improved over BF1 which is a big plus for me. With a little polishing this game has potential to be great.

It's not great, but it's a step in the right direction from BF1. I think if they put some larger sized maps in it would really do well.

Back