Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone confirm that mapping throttle on a joystick works for jets or heli's yet???? please god im praying for this one..........
 
Is there a way to throttle Origin's max download speed?

I just had it check for updates and now it's downloading the 3.9gb patch but I share internet and I don't want to be using most of the bandwidth for the next hour and a half. If it is in there then they make it real hard to find, but you'd think a program that uses so much bandwidth would give you an option.
 
The absense of bombs on a jet severely restricts them.Thats BS. If they have anti air missiles/guns available, they should have left the bombs on the jets.If they wanted to prevent the pilots spamming the bombs why not restrict the number of times you can reload your payload.:confused:
 
The absense of bombs on a jet severely restricts them.Thats BS. If they have anti air missiles/guns available, they should have left the bombs on the jets.If they wanted to prevent the pilots spamming the bombs why not restrict the number of times you can reload your payload.:confused:

I am not sure, but they may have to be unlocked...
 
I doubt anyone who is a Battlefield vet (I'm talking 1942/Vietnam/BF2 NOT BC2) will even touch the Rush maps or singleplayer. I know I never will

I logged hundreds of hours in BF2, own every PC bf game(42/viet/bf2/2142/bc2) and I will be in rush all the time

its a great mode and a nice change of pace

I will beat the SP, and do all the COOP too

I don't think that makes me a fake bf vet either
 
Seriously?
Then what's the point of having jets:(

I'm not devastated over the loss of bombs because I love a good dogfight, but I'm wondering that myself. If it's to counter choppers, there are already tanks and AA to do that...

So if you're just up there shooting other planes down, how is air superiority contributing to the team?

Which suddenly made me think: air superiority (and by extension, jets) would be a lot more relevant if there was an aerial conquest point, no?
 
Are there helicopters in Caspian Border? Can anybody confirm/deny the presence of TV guided missiles?
 
I managed to get into a round on Caspian Border. Was awesome (save for the massive lag, which seemed to be something wrong with the server since everyone was complaining about it)


Also. Flying jets with a mouse?? Nope, not gonna work for me. Need to dig out my joystick.
 
A yes or a no would work. Watching Youtube at work isn't exactly the best thing to be seen doing.

Especially considering the video is full of chopper gameplay from the pilots perspective, which is useless if you are asking about the gunner having TV guided weaponry.
 
I managed to get into a round on Caspian Border. Was awesome (save for the massive lag, which seemed to be something wrong with the server since everyone was complaining about it)


Also. Flying jets with a mouse?? Nope, not gonna work for me. Need to dig out my joystick.

I tried using my joystick and it did not work. Fail. I tried remapping the joystick controls, wouldn't work. Double fail.

Its hard to get a good feel for the game if you have to use some retarded control scheme. I would have thought mapping key input to game functions would be game programming 101, guess not. Praying for a patch.
 





Some odd visual issues (especially the gun in the 4th pick, it's pure black. Other than that it is awesome.


The Caspian Border password has changed, no clue where to find the new one
 
Well fuck me... my queued finally end with "there are no available agent" or something like that.

Yay, F5, let's try again
 
Is the game crashing to desktop or locking up and crashing after 5-10 min of play for any of you guys? Happens nearly every time I play it! :(

Had the same exact issue, and it definitely wasn't my hardware.
Try tweaking the graphic settings ingame. It was fine for me after I set it to medium and turned off some options.

Now to get rid of these server disconnects :mad:
 
I was in a tank earlier and managed to hit a chopper with the main gun. Damage, but not destroyed. Thought that was kind of dumb.
 
I have 2 GTX 570's in SLI. I have never been able to update drivers since the 263.09 driver. All other drivers would not work whether SLI wouldn't be recognized or surround wouldn't work etc. When I started the beta for the first time, the entire grass section of Metro was all water and was getting heavy flickering. Everything past the first section was good otherwise. I went ahead and updated to the new BF3 beta driver 285.38. I am very glad I did. All of the issues I was having before stopped and the game runs on average between 90-100 FPS depending on the amount going on screen. All setting are on Ultra, max AA, HBAO on, 1920 x 1080 Res. New beta drivers seem stable and solved all of my issues so far.

Just throwing that out there in case anyone was curious about drivers. Used driver sweeper to install.
 
Not wide release only on the passworded servers.

Dang, can't get into any of them now :(... that password seems to no longer work. I hope they are releasing it to everyone... by the time I had seen the thread and finished updating it seems they're closed.
 
1. Still majoring texture flickering, even after updating to 11.10 (ATI)
2. I've had two BSODs when alt+tabbing and clicking the red x to exit the game. Only BSODs I've ever had on this comp.
 
I logged hundreds of hours in BF2, own every PC bf game(42/viet/bf2/2142/bc2) and I will be in rush all the time

its a great mode and a nice change of pace

I will beat the SP, and do all the COOP too

I don't think that makes me a fake bf vet either

Same here...
 
I'm not devastated over the loss of bombs because I love a good dogfight, but I'm wondering that myself. If it's to counter choppers, there are already tanks and AA to do that...

So if you're just up there shooting other planes down, how is air superiority contributing to the team?

Which suddenly made me think: air superiority (and by extension, jets) would be a lot more relevant if there was an aerial conquest point, no?

there are supposed to be AGM's that can be aided by laser designators that soldiers can unlock and carry
 
I have 2 GTX 570's in SLI. I have never been able to update drivers since the 263.09 driver. All other drivers would not work whether SLI wouldn't be recognized or surround wouldn't work etc. When I started the beta for the first time, the entire grass section of Metro was all water and was getting heavy flickering. Everything past the first section was good otherwise. I went ahead and updated to the new BF3 beta driver 285.38. I am very glad I did. All of the issues I was having before stopped and the game runs on average between 90-100 FPS depending on the amount going on screen. All setting are on Ultra, max AA, HBAO on, 1920 x 1080 Res. New beta drivers seem stable and solved all of my issues so far.

Just throwing that out there in case anyone was curious about drivers. Used driver sweeper to install.

Thanks for sharing. I'm going to go ahead and try that beta driver out.

Although I'm on an old GTX 295, for some reason I'm stuck on drivers 26x too. None of the newer ones work, always results in BSOD.
 
Even if the quality of the textures didn't necessarily meet everyone's lofty expectations (I think they're quite good, but hope the player models look better in ultra mode final release), look at all the invidual detail you're seeing on each map, with 64 players to boot. The number of bushes and ground cover in the beginning level of Metro is far, far beyond anything I've seen in a MP game.

Also, I just have to add that last night RPG'ing a pretty big tree and watching it fall and crush someone was one of the best moments of the beta so far. Pissed that I missed him, then watch the death cam....TIMBERRRRRRR!! :D No credit for a kill though, boo.

EDIT: After thinking more about it, playing the map I don't think I ever thought it felt fake or contrived, particularly around the boundaries. It felt very, very immersive, beyond anything I've experienced yet, even on some of the larger BF2/BC2 maps.
 
Last edited:
OK so...really weird.

When I try to record a video using fraps to show you guys the texture flickering (which drops the framerate), the texture flickering stops completely. My frame rate drops to like 35-40 during the video but no flickering. As soon as I disable the fraps filming, my framerate goes up (70ish) and the flickering returns full force.

Any clue?
 
I'm also playing @2560x1600 and getting 35-45 fps outdoor and 50-70 indoor using a single 580 GTX but my Asus ROG edition is OC @ 970 ;) Everything set to Ultra with no issues.

Damn, your card is a beast, me jelly :D I don't know how much fps I will gain if I OC both my CPU and GPU since I run them at stock at the moment, and hopefully later driver will increase performance.
Also quick question for you guys, I can't seem to turn off Motion Blur so if I set it to 0 and still have it on does that mean it's off?
And I would like to see a thread with round up performance from different setups, can we have one please?
 
Any chance at all I can play the Beta on a Q6600/6770 rig? Thanks for anyone who can give any insight, waiting on parts is terrible. :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top