Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new theory about why they put Metro in the beta is because nobody is every going to fucking play it again after seeing Caspian so they wanted to get something for the time they spent coding it.

They used it because it's a good rush map that not everyone got to see because they weren't in the Alpha. And they wanted to play-test the changes. The did make some big changes in the location of first stage M-COMS and terrain.

They should just open up Caspian to everyone now though.
 
Also, with one GTX 580 Ultra with 4x AA on Caspian is running just fine 1920x1080. Once I get my SLI bridge I expect to be able to run 16x AA.

Same resolution, 4xAA, and ultra settings, GTX 570 TwinFrozr III, I get between 35-45 fps on Caspian. Metro is around 45-50.
 
The throttle mapping should work in heli's too, someone please confirm this is working. BFBC2 was pretty much dead to me when I couldn't map my slider
 
Anyone figure out how to check ping once you are in a server? I see a ping number on about 1/3 of the servers in the server browser, but once I'm in game, I can't figure out where to see it. I've a feeling high ping is why I'm being eaten by the ground.

Also, I managed to rebind my 'ctrl' to toggle crouch. A tip, rebind the 'normal crouch' key. I think it overrides the toggle. I rebound toggle crouch to ctrl, and changed 'crouch' to N or something. However, I can't find the zoom toggle setting. I've found where I can change the button for zoom, but I haven't been able to find the toggle setting.

Thanks!
 
Are you guys positive that there was a patch? There was none for me and i play without a problem.
 
Anyone having a problem with the HUD not showing up properly? Everything is cut off and only showing half of what it should be for instance my ingame map is cut in half and I can only see 30/ of how many bullets I have left. I have reset my video settings ingame and not matter what I change them to my HUD is all fucked up and yes I have restarted my game after changing them. I'm at work so I can't post a pic right now...
 
Anyone having a problem with the HUD not showing up properly? Everything is cut off and only showing half of what it should be for instance my ingame map is cut in half and I can only see 30/ of how many bullets I have left. I have reset my video settings ingame and not matter what I change them to my HUD is all fucked up and yes I have restarted my game after changing them. I'm at work so I can't post a pic right now...

there is a screen adjustment option, set it much smaller than your screen and you'll see everything come into view.
 
Are you guys positive that there was a patch? There was none for me and i play without a problem.

Yeah it didn't show up right away for me either. You have to go into Origin, hit the settings thing at the top, and click "Refresh my Games" or something to that effect. Then after 5-10 seconds, you should be able to right click on the beta -> check for updates.
 
As much as everyone bitches about metro, I actually like it. I think it kind of refreshes BF a little and adds variety. I won't disagree that it basically is trying to steal CoD players away, but its a bit more involved. The map isn't as tight quarters compared to CoD maps. CoD maps are extremely small and point you into the thick of things within 5-10 seconds of spawning.

I actually love the linear aspect of the subway system. I mean that's what it is.. a subway/metro, it has to be that way. I think its great that they'll give us the variety we want without having to switch games and you can go play what map you like at that given moment. We all know servers will have rotations and others will be 24/7 so why are people upset about the maps we've seen already?

Personally as an avid FPS player over 15 years, I can say I'm enjoying this release of the game. Its making me realize what I really love about battlefield in comparison to CoD and such. CoD1-4 was great for competitive 5v5, outside of that I found it extremely boring. With BF, I can pub all day and feel like I did something.
 
Anyone figure out how to check ping once you are in a server? I see a ping number on about 1/3 of the servers in the server browser, but once I'm in game, I can't figure out where to see it. I've a feeling high ping is why I'm being eaten by the ground.

Thanks!

Everyone is being eaten, doesn't happen on Caspian though.
 
I'm with you man. I think Metro is a great way to mix up the pace of a standard BF map set. But i do think it was an awkward choice as an intro to the game.

As much as everyone bitches about metro, I actually like it. I think it kind of refreshes BF a little and adds variety.
 
there is a screen adjustment option, set it much smaller than your screen and you'll see everything come into view.

Thanks I will try this when I get home. One more question... Can you change your name or are you stuck using your Origin name? The only thing I could fine is a spot to add clan tags...
 
My new theory about why they put Metro in the beta is because nobody is every going to fucking play it again after seeing Caspian so they wanted to get something for the time they spent coding it.

No, it was to win over the console and COD crowd.
 
So can anyone confirm that the patch actually makes a difference? Or is it just a origin glitch to redownload the beta?
If there was a patch wouldn't all of the servers have to come offline to apply it?

Seems like EA/DICE would have posted some kind of message reminding everyone to update.
 
Yeah it didn't show up right away for me either. You have to go into Origin, hit the settings thing at the top, and click "Refresh my Games" or something to that effect. Then after 5-10 seconds, you should be able to right click on the beta -> check for updates.


Still nothing <shrug> No update to be found nowhere for me.
 
Caspian Border rocks!!!!!!!!!

It was laggy as shit, but otherwise it was epic. Full 64 players, jets flying over head, the awesome DICE audio with explosions everywhere. I managed to ram a jet into a chopper and then bail out after my jet hit the ground. :D:D:D:D:D
 
I would also add I'm impressed at the level of detail in the maps. Much more than just plain landscapes (BF2) or cookie-cutter buildings (BC2).
 
I've got a i5 2500k stock clock and Fermi GTX460 OC'ed to 840mhz. I was thinking about doubling it up my 460 but I've heard people bitching about frame shuddering which is something I'd definitely notice if it was there. Is that something to be concerned with or is it being overblown?

I'm getting like 50'ish fps with medium settings outside and 70 inside but would like to have the the >90 always like I did in BFBC2.
 
I would also add I'm impressed at the level of detail in the maps. Much more than just plain landscapes (BF2) or cookie-cutter buildings (BC2).

hmmm. in videos i noticed alot of the same exact buildings from bc2 in the caspian border map. Like the building A is in on the first set of mcomms in arica harbor. And those two story green huts(?)
 
Is it normal that I'm still waiting for a EA rep on Live help after 2hrs?
Shuold I restart the chat? Kinda scared of losing my place in queue after all this time...
 
hmmm. in videos i noticed alot of the same exact buildings from bc2 in the caspian border map. Like the building A is in on the first set of mcomms in arica harbor. And those two story green huts(?)

Didn't see any two story huts that I recall. Didn't see the whole map either. :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top