Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, You would hope they can improve this by then.. most likely not.. Ah well. The game is still fun, hope by release that these kinks will be mostly ironed out.. or they will suffer some major backlash. Hell, even in open beta they will suffer a ton if it keeps up like this.

Okay, now my team markers magically disappeared. I have no clue who's on my team and whos not, making it impossible to play.

VR-Zone is out with a quick review/preview:

At 1080p Ultra settings (with everything graphics details set to maximum), we get an average of around 50fps for a single AMD 6970/GTX580, 80fps for a AMD 6990 (2 GPU crossfire) and 140fps for a AMD 6990 in Quadfire, which is actually quite similar to the one-year old Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on maximum settings. It also needed around 1.3GB of GPU framebuffer for the ultra preset textures.

For the bickering and poor eyesight:

A side-by-side monitor test showed indistinguishable image quality from both AMD and Nvidia solutions (drivers at default settings), so we know that there is no quack3.exe foul play yet.
http://vr-zone.com/articles/battlef...reenshots-and-hd-video-walkthrough/13625.html

I get about 30-35 fps with Ultra settings with [email protected] and GTX 570.

I'm no day one n00b to the Battlefield series thinking that nothing prior to BC2 ever existed. I feel like they are trying to pull one over our head by telling us that BF3 is apart of the BF series, not BC series. On a scale, BF3 currently leans internally on the BC2/MOH side of things. I actually see more similarities with MOH than anything else. The endless list of features that they have neutered isn't too appealing or BF like as well.

[Paragon];1037805904 said:
Not so much the M249 there, thats the M27 IAR.

That being said I loved the bipod in the alpha but find it annoying now. It always seems to want to set up when I don't want it to.

Or the other way around hehe.

I might have to upgrade I am getting alot of dips with my 5870 at 2560x1440.

Or the other way around hehe.

I might have to upgrade I am getting alot of dips with my 5870 at 2560x1440.

Xenios, I am also using a 5870 @ 2560x1440. What are your average frames and what settings are you playing at?

A video looks like this game plays like COD? Give me a fucking break, what are you people doing on [H] forum if you think a Youtube video gives you an accurate depiction of what gameplay feels like.

Go charge in like it's COD and have fun. Come back and let us know how 0/50 feels.

The game is much more tactical. You don't spend much time out in the open standing up - if you do you'll die often. You have to plan your approach and utilize cover CONSTANTLY.

That being said, wtf happened to the servers? Was there a mid or late day server-side patch? I was able to play for 2 consecutive stretches of about 2-3 hours each, but now it crashed each time a team will win or lose.

Xenios, I am also using a 5870 @ 2560x1440. What are your average frames and what settings are you playing at?

ultra was usually ~26 to ~45 (inside the subway It always stayed above 30) with dips every so often to teens. Putting it to high didnt seem much difference in performance. I have also had 1 wierd instance where when I scoped the fps would go to single digits (only outside). Reloading the game helped in that case.

I have to share this because it's so epic facepalm worthy, troll or not...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2826551518945322325/

Europans please stop playing so Americans can play said:
Hey all, an American gamer girl here ;p

I would very appreciate it if all european players could please stop playing to free up space for American players!!! This is an American game so Americans should have #1 priority and europeans are lagging the servers as well as having all day to play!!! it's the night now, go to sleep ^-^

Please remember this is a beta and Americans, as English speakers, can also provide more accurate feedback to the developers...I know it is harsh but imo it is for the best

Wow.

Alright normally I wouldnt do this...

But i want my damn money back... This is irritating me like fucking crazy..

Uninstalled and re downloaded and still cant not get this fucking worthless Piece of shit "demo" to work..

Worked for about 20 mins of the 2 hours I tried to play it.. Constant crash to desktop...

Guess I should've stuck with my instincts on EA.......

Just sad that Alpha ran better than this garbage they release...

Uninstalled and re downloaded and still cant not get this fucking worthless Piece of shit "demo" to work..

Worked for about 20 mins of the 2 hours I tried to play it.. Constant crash to desktop...

And we wonder why studios don't do demos anymore, much less open betas.

So I didn't realize sli was disabled when I updated my drivers, and after turning that on it runs so much better :D

Also, looks better too, but still a number of graphical glitches.

Oh I cant wait till open beta starts.. Hell have you seen the forums on battlelog...

man just imagine another million users.....

I actually think some of the metro environment could be made into a good conquest map, if they just eliminated the underground (the metro) portion, or just minimized it.

Its your motherboard...that board and ram combo is from hell....had the same issue :D

No really, that mobo was a pita for me when paired with Gskill ram...had very similar experiances with BC2.

Ultra settings at 1080P are a bit too much for my 6870Xfire. It dips to 40's and doesn't feel smooth but I believe that is because 4XMSAA is forced.

I just finished my 1st experience in the beta and it was mostly positive, however, that doesn't mean there isn't any issues. I only stopped playing because I CTD lol. BF background: played 1942 back in the day, towards the end of it's lifespan unfortunately. I then started back up with BFBC2, BF2 and 2142 did not interest me for whatever reason. So, I'm not sure what features BF3 will be missing compared to BF2 other than the little I've picked up based on reading forum posts. That being said....

The battlelog seems nice IMO. I have not tried inviting friends yet so I can't comment on that, but I was loading a game within 2 minutes of launching the browser and downloading the plug-ins. Pings did not always show up for me, so I kept clicking until I found a server with open slots and had a ping of less than 100ms. I think battlelog can be very nice with more polish, but I haven't had an issue thus far. I think it will give players and DICE much more flexibility as the game matures.

The gameplay "felt" sort of like BC2. Hard to explain. It felt like a mix of run and gun and more tactical oriented. I very quickly went 0-6, but once I started using cover, I was able to make some kills and got back to even KDR. The indoor areas on Metro felt more run and gun, but the open park area you definitely wanted to be more careful and plan your attack. The guns felt pretty awesome - they felt like they had some weight behind them. The recoil is very welcomed. Easy to handle - difficult to master is how I would put it. I never once felt like an enemy took too many hits to bring down - it felt about the same or less than BC2 to me. I wish they removed quick knifing - oh well. I did not have very many glitches during gameplay. I had some issues mantling a few objects, but the gameplay and player animations were smooth and flowed well.

I'm running a [email protected] paired with a GTX460 on W7x64 with 4GB RAM and screen res is 1680x1050. Installed on a 1TB F3 Spinpoint. Here's the kicker: my vid card drivers are 275.xx - I haven't updated in a while to say the least. I never fell through the earth or any of the other weird graphics glitches people have complained about in the thread. Lucky, for sure. The graphics settings were all what was auto detected. I only turned off Ambient Occlusion. Most settings looked to be set to High with AFx16, AA was set to Medium?? Game looked decent, but BC2 looks better at this point. Ran alright, there were a few hitches, but I'd guess my frames were between 25-30. Playable, but not even close to all the eyecandy.

Overall, good 1st experience, but plenty of room for improvement. Most annoying was how you had to sit through kill cam before you can change your loadout and how squads are auto-assigned. Not sure WTF DICE was smoking when coding that. Compared to BC2, it felt advanced in some ways, regressed in others. Compared to BF2 - I cannot say. I was planning on taking off work for the release, but I'm not going to now. There will be plenty of other AAA games coming out to keep me occupied while DICE patch up BF3.

I just finished my 1st experience in the beta and it was mostly positive, however, that doesn't mean there isn't any issues. I only stopped playing because I CTD lol. BF background: played 1942 back in the day, towards the end of it's lifespan unfortunately. I then started back up with BFBC2, BF2 and 2142 did not interest me for whatever reason. So, I'm not sure what features BF3 will be missing compared to BF2 other than the little I've picked up based on reading forum posts. That being said....

The battlelog seems nice IMO. I have not tried inviting friends yet so I can't comment on that, but I was loading a game within 2 minutes of launching the browser and downloading the plug-ins. Pings did not always show up for me, so I kept clicking until I found a server with open slots and had a ping of less than 100ms. I think battlelog can be very nice with more polish, but I haven't had an issue thus far. I think it will give players and DICE much more flexibility as the game matures.

The gameplay "felt" sort of like BC2. Hard to explain. It felt like a mix of run and gun and more tactical oriented. I very quickly went 0-6, but once I started using cover, I was able to make some kills and got back to even KDR. The indoor areas on Metro felt more run and gun, but the open park area you definitely wanted to be more careful and plan your attack. The guns felt pretty awesome - they felt like they had some weight behind them. The recoil is very welcomed. Easy to handle - difficult to master is how I would put it. I never once felt like an enemy took too many hits to bring down - it felt about the same or less than BC2 to me. I wish they removed quick knifing - oh well. I did not have very many glitches during gameplay. I had some issues mantling a few objects, but the gameplay and player animations were smooth and flowed well.

I'm running a [email protected] paired with a GTX460 on W7x64 with 4GB RAM and screen res is 1680x1050. Installed on a 1TB F3 Spinpoint. Here's the kicker: my vid card drivers are 275.xx - I haven't updated in a while to say the least. I never fell through the earth or any of the other weird graphics glitches people have complained about in the thread. Lucky, for sure. The graphics settings were all what was auto detected. I only turned off Ambient Occlusion. Most settings looked to be set to High with AFx16, AA was set to Medium?? Game looked decent, but BC2 looks better at this point. Ran alright, there were a few hitches, but I'd guess my frames were between 25-30. Playable, but not even close to all the eyecandy.

Overall, good 1st experience, but plenty of room for improvement. Most annoying was how you had to sit through kill cam before you can change your loadout and how squads are auto-assigned. Not sure WTF DICE was smoking when coding that. Compared to BC2, it felt advanced in some ways, regressed in others. Compared to BF2 - I cannot say. I was planning on taking off work for the release, but I'm not going to now. There will be plenty of other AAA games coming out to keep me occupied while DICE patch up BF3.

Jets.

New album of far area of Map http://imgur.com/a/2eivM

I figured out how to mod my weapons also

goaNQ.jpg

pyDLt.jpg

I am having a blast with this game, aside from a few crash to desktops which only happen when a round is over the game has been rock solid for me.

I am rank 24 already lol, I cant seem to get enough of BF3. I do not get any CTD's, just server disconnects, some servers have been better then others. I have my settings set to "high" and it looks and runs great. I really cant wait for the game to be released to see what the rest of the maps look and play like.

Edit: This has also been the first time my GPU has hit 70c (6c higher then any other game) since I installed the cooler on my 6870, had to play with fan profile some more.

Here is my initial review. I also participated in the Alpha.

Quick System Overview:
I7-920 @ 4.0 Ghz WC, 2 EVGA 570 SLI - Driver 285.38, EVGA X58 FTW 3, 12gb ddr3 1600, 1200w ATX 1200, Win 7 64 bit extreme

All settings maxed out at ultra, AA maxed, Resolution 1920 x 1080

Avg FPS according to EVGA Precision between 100 - 125 at 45 degrees. It hovered around 100 in intense battle's and would get as high as 125 when running back into the game after a far off spawn. GPU's are watercooled

Obvious Glitches:
1) The entire first section of metro with quicksand holes
2) Flickering
3) After revive, screen remains blue
4) many others, buggy as shit

Servers:
I had zero problems finding a server through server browser. Got into every game with no error messages. It took less than 2 minutes for me to find an open slot on any given server. I was never booted from a server in 4 straight hours of gameplay.

Battlelog:
Battlelog is alittle confusing at first but after messing with it enough I figured out how to do everything so far. Customized profile, added friends, browsed servers. Personally I like the battlelog and am excited for the battlelog I Phone app.

Game Menus:
I do not like the fact that you can only change settings and key bindings in game. That is something you should be able to do from battlelog. Horrible fuggin idea. With that being said, menus are layed out nice. Lots of graphic options. Key binding worked for me only I could not map keys to my Belkin N52 or my extra buttons on mouse. This obviously will get fixed sometime.

Game: I had no CTD's at all.
I loved the alpha and I must say the alpha was way less buggy. Dice took a fuggin step backwards. I am not sure if that is because they redesigned the location of the M Com stations or what but they have alot of work. Guns feel great. I actually like the recoil differences between guns. Love the options to change fire mode. It is about time that it was included in these games. I love single shot over bursts or full auto. I like the way the in game menus are as far as customizing your loadout. Overall the game performs well. Graphics are not what I expected but it is still just a beta however the graphics look exactly the same as they did in the alpha. I am expecting that to also improve since it puts absolutely no stress on my 570's as of yet. I really enjoyed the beta and look forward to playing some more. I think some of the guns need to be re balanaced like sniper rifles. This quick one shot kill after i pump 10 bullets in them has got to stop. I like the enemy spotting. When you loose line of site the arrow goes away. Not sure this is going to matter anyways since I play in hardcore. Overall beta was good and I am looking forward to more game time.

Hopefully they will unlock the caspian border conquest map tomorrow. One of the BF3 Dev said he has a surprise for PC gamers tomorrow if all goes as planned on Tuesday. However, I get a sneaking sensation that all did not go as planned.

Well that is my initial review, will review again after a couple of patches

I am running an i7 and 580gtx and am having no performance issues with max settings. I really am wanting to turn up the graphics more :/

So normally you would grasp the concept of a beta, but today you don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back