Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good I can download the update when I get home from work... Im going to the range before it gets hot and then working some moe frustration out in the game... (I Hope lolz)
 
§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1037806502 said:
I'm getting decent fps with my Q9650 @ 4.275ghz and a gtx260.

* Min is 45fps
* Average 55fps
* Max 125fps (looking at sky)

This is on low settings 1600x1200, but still looks decent. I sold my 5870 to bitcoiners, so waiting to see what I should get...

Right now even on low my GPU is pegged at 100% usage running 1600x1200, and my CPU usage is around 65-70%.

What kinda CPU/GPU usage is everyone else getting?
i7 @ 4.0 with gtx260 @1680x1080

My GPU stays pegged at 100% load on low settings, my CPU right around 45-50%
There's an update to the client. It's 3.9gb. Refresh your games list then right click and do "check for update".
Right click where? I dont see a "check for updates" option
 
@OffSpring

A "Chat All" or "Send Multiple Friends One Message" in Origin would be helpful in organizing MP parties.
Also, the ability to import friends from Origin to Battlelog. The feature doesn't work now and I'm wondering if that would be fixed by launch. It's a PITA to re-add everyone into Battelog.


i7 @ 4.0 with gtx260 @1680x1080

My GPU stays pegged at 100% load on low settings, my CPU right around 45-50%

Right click where? I dont see a "check for updates" option

Right click on the Beta Game icon in Origin.
 
@OffSpring

A "Chat All" or "Send Multiple Friends One Message" in Origin would be helpful in organizing MP parties.
Also, the ability to import friends from Origin to Battlelog. The feature doesn't work now and I'm wondering if that would be fixed by launch. It's a PITA to re-add everyone into Battelog.




Right click on the Beta Game icon in Origin.

Here?

updatec.png
 
Just did update, but still crashed to desktop... does feel slightly more smooth, possibly placebo effect.
 
What's the script with pre-ordering? Does origin take the money now or do they allow you time to change your mind?

I'm considering pre-ordering it to get beta access but don't wanna be locked into a purchase if I don't enjoy it.
 
What's the script with pre-ordering? Does origin take the money now or do they allow you time to change your mind?

I'm considering pre-ordering it to get beta access but don't wanna be locked into a purchase if I don't enjoy it.

Why pre-order then? The open beta, on the 29th is open to everyone, the pre-order open beta is already gone (you had to pre-order by the 25th).
 
I am just not having fun with this game, the damage model is way too high with the result that attackers lose 95% of rounds and spend most of their time being mowed down by campers hiding in bushes (made even worse by the high contrast which makes it difficult to distinguish between enemies and the landscape).

Maybe conquest will be different, but right now I am having second thoughts about buying this despite having bought and played every previous BF.
 
Is the game crashing to desktop or locking up and crashing after 5-10 min of play for any of you guys? Happens nearly every time I play it! :(
 
Is the game crashing to desktop or locking up and crashing after 5-10 min of play for any of you guys? Happens nearly every time I play it! :(

it happened to me maybe 4 times (no lockup). it seems like it only happens to me on certain servers.
 
Last edited:
Not sure if it's the same issue, but the game exits by itself and the game manager plug-in says "server lost connection" nearly everytime I play after 15 mins or so. Thought it might be a Windows firewall related issue, as it reminded me of the crysis 2 issue which was similar which turned out to be a firewall setting issue (needed to allow 'edge traversal'), but I played with the firewall settings for bf3, the plugin and punkbuster, and nothing works.
 
I really want to know how it is possible to be rank 21 already, the Beta has been out for less then 24 hours. I may be paranoid, but I smell some stupid crap going on with some players.
 
Wow so many negative opinions since the beta came out!

I'll have to check it out tomorrow

Remember though BC2 Beta was a mess and a very early build, so hopefully things will improve by release
 
Last edited:
Not sure if it's the same issue, but the game exits by itself and the game manager plug-in says "server lost connection" nearly everytime I play after 15 mins or so. Thought it might be a Windows firewall related issue, as it reminded me of the crysis 2 issue which was similar which turned out to be a firewall setting issue (needed to allow 'edge traversal'), but I played with the firewall settings for bf3, the plugin and punkbuster, and nothing works.

BC2 had the same issue on my router, I disabled uPnP and the problem went away
 
I really want to know how it is possible to be rank 21 already, the Beta has been out for less then 24 hours. I may be paranoid, but I smell some stupid crap going on with some players.

someone is almost rank 40.....
 
I really want to know how it is possible to be rank 21 already, the Beta has been out for less then 24 hours. I may be paranoid, but I smell some stupid crap going on with some players.

My stats got dropped a lot from random disconnects but Battlelog says I'm at 3h22m played and I'm level 15. It's pretty easy to level up when you get 7-11k in a complete game plus ribbons and service stars.
 
.

WOW. It's a totally different game. First off, a singe GTX 580 is way, way, way smoother than 2 6950's flashed to 6970's. Second, the IQ is way better. It's night and day. There are effects that simply weren't there with the ATI cards - particularly volumetric and particle effects. The smoke looks amazing.

Tons of other issues are gone too. No more texture tearing or flickering. No more orange flashing. The game doesn't force me into a window in between each round!

Thats becuase your GFX settings where bugged, and you where actually playing on low/medium....thats why the IQ is better for you atm, not cause Nvidia offer better IQ sometimes game restart is needed in order to get the settings changed ;)
 
Just played a couple matches and I'm impressed with graphics, great gameplay and sound as well. I didn't have any problems with the servers nor bugs, maybe because I played in the early AM?
Anyway with everything Ultra max I get about 35-40fps outdoor and 50-70 indoor, does it sound right? This is with HD6970 CF stock @2560x1600.
Some SS, gotto downsize to 1080p since the original images are too big to upload.







 
I still cant believe I cant remap my mouse or TAB key damnit! lol

As for all the beta whining... yes its a BETA... but do you really think they can fix all this in a month when it goes gold? Your just kidding yourself.

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but if you are using a Logitech mouse you can make a profile in the logitech gaming software that allows for mapping mouse keys. It's like playing a different game...crouch, prone and reload all right on my mouse, thank God!

I haven't run into any crashing at all yet, but my GTX 480 is hitting 76 degrees, which is perfectly fine. I'm just used to not ever seeing it go above 70, heh. I'm loving the game after gettin g a couple of unlocks. The balance is great, and 3d spotting isn't nearly as intrusive as BC2. After you get past the first part of the map which is SHIT, then the rest is AWESOME.
 
I read on the battlelog forums that someone fixed the CTD/time out issue by setting 'run as admin' for the BF3.exe in the beta directory. I'll try it in a little while but thought I'd share so others could try.

There are also reports there that turning off origin in-game support (in the origin app settings) fixes lag issues and what not. Don't know myself, because I disabled it from the start.
 
Last edited:
wtf happened..... everyones sinking underground. you can shoot people from down there, but you cant get shot at wtf ><
 
There's an update to the client. It's 3.9gb. Refresh your games list then right click and do "check for update".

if you check your Origin Games folder, theres 2 BF3 d/l's. one beta, and one open beta. looks like this download was meant for open beta players?
 
Is it just me or the lighting is really off? like washout colors/contrast/brightness? which make game look bad :(
 
Zh1nt0 posted this message on the EA UK forums:

zh1nt0 said:
So I´ve seen the replies on the forums and I think you guys deserve the Caspian Border experience..

the password is: sexyelevator (yes I picked it).

Password will be changed again to something else at 18:00 CET.

According to my internet search, 18:00 CET is 12 Noon EST. I heard they just brought up a bunch more Caspian Border servers. Play'em if you can...
 
Last edited:
Is the beta using the same map and game mode as the Alpha?
I am not a fan of the rush game mode.
 
It's actually *only* outside I have it.

Now that I think about it I only have it outside too. I also see graphical oddities when I use a scope outside sometimes. Inside I just have an occasional white screen flash. Looks like we have the same issue. I hope we can rule out defective GPUs.
 
I was about to post about them opening up caspian border 64 player maps to everyone

Password is the same I have seen a few posts up, and a friend of mine said that he was able to get in... the queues are really long though (and will only get longer the more people know the right password).

Was 12 servers earlier, now they have 19 up. I hope they keep adding more and the password works past noon.
 
Anyway with everything Ultra max I get about 35-40fps outdoor and 50-70 indoor, does it sound right? This is with HD6970 CF stock @2560x1600

2x580's was fucking bullshit

looks pretty meh.. all the bells and whistles will obviously be in the SP campaign. I'm not excited for this at all. having way too much fun in RO2.
 
No game so far that I have played has left the subway station yet... I'm really enjoying the game so far. Just the amount of attachments are insane. Am I the only one who hates that stupid blinding flashlights and lasers?! I'm trying to aim at someone then get completely blinded. Oh yeah, shotguns feel great in this game.

By the way, I think the Battlelog is actually pretty good. Feels much better than previous in-game browsers and so much more potential. Add to that - joining a game is insanely quick.
 
I was about to post about them opening up caspian border 64 player maps to everyone

Password is the same I have seen a few posts up, and a friend of mine said that he was able to get in... the queues are really long though (and will only get longer the more people know the right password).

Was 12 servers earlier, now they have 19 up. I hope they keep adding more and the password works past noon.

Well, I'm 78th in queue. It's dropping quick, probably from people giving up waiting. I'll stick it out.. I want to play a real map

EDIT: Looks like another server booted everyone. Connecting :D
 
For the five minutes I got into a caspian server, it was fucking amazing. THAT's what I was looking for. Graphics were better than crysis.

But good luck geting in. Common ea, no queues? Seriously?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top