Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice!!!!!!! :D

I was under the impression that early beta access is for Origin pre orders only, I doubt that scamming their support channel will get you a key.

I don't think it was his intent to scam Origin support.

The Origin page had said early access for "Download Only", but I just checked it again and now it says download and packaged. http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/ThemeID.718200/productID.224766400

So now he and I (pre-ordered a physical copy back in July) should get early access keys. :)

Nice!!!!!!! :D

I don't think it was his intent to scam Origin support.

The Origin page had said early access for "Download Only", but I just checked it again and now it says download and packaged. http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/ThemeID.718200/productID.224766400

So now he and I (pre-ordered a physical copy back in July) should get early access keys. :)

Just went to "Customer Service" link on my origin account, and there's a BF3 Help section

From that section:

Battlefield 3 Beta Early Access Qualifications

You pre-ordered Battlefield 3 Limited Edition PC download version on Origin. Pre-orders of Battlefield 3 Limited Edition for Xbox 360, PS3, or PC physical version do not qualify for early access.
https://helporigin.secure.force.com...context=CpHomePage&article=ka5E0000000CbBKIA0

No doubt... I am stuck at work till 0630... I called the wife last night and told her she better have it downloading by the time I get home or there will be hell to pay!

Well maybe I just told her not to expect to see me for a couple of days lolz

Some australians are downloading the game already

110927204954.jpg

unledok.jpg

110927204647.jpg

AHWE-ZSXK-CREX-BW23-W7WN
AC6W-4PCA-8S74-NLNY-D8TG
F8NE-QNAY-NYGX-PMJR-RTX9
C3FP-RXHF-D8DL-HCY4-5CHT
2HTB-W76N-T67X-MGGW-AGHQ
4J4U-2YSD-8QKL-TX7E-GZ9S
4QM5-X3P4-DZAY-N45E-AVR3
6BPF-ACC9-CB9E-EBWG-JJPG
69YQ-JXA5-WXG7-Q8EK-JVZP
4XP7-PJAZ-KGQ3-GEVZ-MDUC
3733-ZD8V-AX3Z-CK6Y-JPE7
ATE6-ZY97-MQ5S-VQ4K-HBML
6K2A-Q9VB-BK2G-WBFQ-9T5Y

Last edited:
I want to try the game before I buy it :p.

Actually, I probably would have preordered but I didn't think I was going to be around to play the beta. Now my plans have fallen through and I would like to play but preordering now doesn't get you a code so :(.

I want to try the game before I buy it :p.

Actually, I probably would have preordered but I didn't think I was going to be around to play the beta. Now my plans have fallen through and I would like to play but preordering now doesn't get you a code so :(.

:( Well, it'll be open to everyone on the 29th at least, but good luck in the meantime :)!

:( Well, it'll be open to everyone on the 29th at least, but good luck in the meantime :)!

Thanks!

I can wait two days, but I'm awake now with nothing to do so if I come across a code I'd definitely be a happy guy.

If anybody hears of any code giveaways or anything like that definitely post 'em up here. After you secure one for yourself first of course, haha.

I'm pretty sure if you preorder on origin you just need to wait for it to show up in your games, you shouldnt need a code like the guys who bought MOH.

Offspring, if you have any say in the matter, I'd be thrilled if you could bring this up:

24957ba18a50d6b82b773c9e134ca75f.png

I know Origin is still running in the system tray.. it's told me 5+ times already.

official site says if you preordered on origin youre supposed to wait for an email with instructions..

Offspring, if you have any say in the matter, I'd be thrilled if you could bring this up:

24957ba18a50d6b82b773c9e134ca75f.png

I know Origin is still running in the system tray.. it's told me 5+ times already.

Ugh, I know... it's quite annoying. I can see maybe once per launch of Origin, with an option to disable, for the average consumer to understand it, but for most people it's just aggravating.

In Australia, by the looks of it.

Well done. P.S. I want my beta! :p

Ugh, I know... it's quite annoying. I can see maybe once per launch of Origin, with an option to disable, for the average consumer to understand it, but for most people it's just aggravating.

If the system tray icons are clustered then the message will no longer appear.
I had the issue with other programs and decided to cluster them into the pop up menu.
Nice... but not nice as well :(... 1.3gb VRAM for the Ultra preset textures @ 1920x1080? 2560x1600 with AA might just not happen for me with my GTX 570 SLI then.
You think the game isn't going to scale to your specs? This isn't console were are certain setting is gold.
You'll be fine.

VR Zone article said:
Unfortunately the Field of View option is locked to 70 and we could not find a way to change it.

Whaaaaaat?

That aside, screenshots (even with JPG compression) look awesome, and the videos like AMAZING.

EDIT: Go to about a minute in and set to 1080p, prepare to have mind blown... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koaTgCqK2o0&feature=player_embedded

Outdoors looks great too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xoKh5h39KM&feature=player_embedded (skip to about 2:30 if you just want to see the graphics rather than menu stuff too).

Last edited:
No email either. Updated EA Orgin Client and I got the standard "close a running service" error message before the installer would launch. Had to use task manager to close the running process before the update would launch.

I hope i can start downloading before i leave for work in 20 minutes. That would be a complete waste of 8 hours if i cant download while at work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back