• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The beta is like 4gb. Why would you preload a beta?

No offense but #1, EA's past digital distribution platforms sucked ass. #2, it's going to be hammered and we will not see fast speeds tomorrow morning.
 
Size on disk: 3.9gb.

v6maro, no offense taken. I didn't start on the project until this time last year (literally tomorrow will be a full year) and I refused to use it prior to that because it was a terrible piece of software.

As for the downloads and the speeds, I don't think it's going to be as bad as you all think it is honestly. Not until the 29th when it's open to everyone, that is. For the guy who downloads at 160kb/sec, I feel your pain. I really do.
 
Size on disk: 3.9gb.

v6maro, no offense taken. I didn't start on the project until this time last year (literally tomorrow will be a full year) and I refused to use it prior to that because it was a terrible piece of software.

As for the downloads and the speeds, I don't think it's going to be as bad as you all think it is honestly. Not until the 29th when it's open to everyone, that is. For the guy who downloads at 160kb/sec, I feel your pain. I really do.

Do you happen to have stats on the number of early access players? If not, how about digital download preorders?
 
Do you happen to have stats on the number of early access players? If not, how about digital download preorders?

I'm quite sure he is not able to tell us anything at all regarding those, unless it's a very broad remark. Regardless, I do hope it's not as bad as we think it will be. :) I'm not trying to be combative towards you, Offspring, just am speaking from a gamer's point of view on this one rather than my usual developer viewpoint ;).
 
GoldenTiger, I don't take it as combative. One thing you should know about me: I view everything from an end-users perspective. I don't see the world or my job as QA/dev first. I see it as "this pisses me off because this is how I would want to use it." My replies might be from a dev perspective, but trust me when I say I do see the world like an end user.

That said, I have no idea about how many users there are. I've heard some numbers thrown out there as a guesstimate, but to be honest I'm more worried about what Origin does, not if or how the servers fall over. I'm kind of bored right now because there's only a few people playing, due to it being a very, very closed beta right now.
 
GoldenTiger, I don't take it as combative. One thing you should know about me: I view everything from an end-users perspective. I don't see the world or my job as QA/dev first. I see it as "this pisses me off because this is how I would want to use it." My replies might be from a dev perspective, but trust me when I say I do see the world like an end user.

That said, I have no idea about how many users there are. I've heard some numbers thrown out there as a guesstimate, but to be honest I'm more worried about what Origin does, not if or how the servers fall over. I'm kind of bored right now because there's only a few people playing, due to it being a very, very closed beta right now.

Would you be able to share those guesstimates with us, even if they are rough, ballpark, semi-educated guesses that are rounded to the nearest nth?
 
I just saw that BF3/rap music trailer on MNF. Mmm... BF3.

Where my BF3 beta at, foo?!?! I got 99 problems but BF3 ain't one. Which is a bummer.
 
So is it a North American early beta access or U.S only?

Offspring, care to spread some light over this? Seems like there are a few contradicting things said on the EA websites, some say North America, but when you pre-order it says U.S for early access. Which one is true?
 
The commercial was good, the music (even if it was a dig at Activision and Call of Duty) sucked.


I use the term "music" very lightly when referring to (c)rap.
 
Hey refraxon, NA and EU are in the beta. I don't know about anything else.

EDIT: Add Australia to that list as well.
 
Offspring, got a question.

Will our credit cards be charged when the beta releases or will they still wait till October to charge?
 
sort of a nice touch that the nvidia beta drivers splash BF3 screens during the install:

nvidiaBF3b.png
 
For you AMD owners, they have just released their beta driver. Might as well get it now so you're set when the open beta begins.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1639073

Yaarrrr! I was hoping they were gonna show some ATI love for BF3 :)

/me goes off to pet his precioussssssss 5850 and sooth it to tell it that BF3 still loves it


ps, I hope to deus that my dual core can run this game. I can run BC2 ok, so I have hopes. Gonna be 3 months before I get the funds to get a new cpu/mobo/ram combo :confused:
 
Yaarrrr! I was hoping they were gonna show some ATI love for BF3 :)

/me goes off to pet his precioussssssss 5850 and sooth it to tell it that BF3 still loves it


ps, I hope to deus that my dual core can run this game. I can run BC2 ok, so I have hopes. Gonna be 3 months before I get the funds to get a new cpu/mobo/ram combo :confused:

I thought I was the only one still running a E6750. :) It's funny watching both cores pegged at 100% with BC2. I'm going to finally make the move to quad core prior to the full launch.

Got to put in a plug for our [H]ard Ventrilo server for those of you in the beta: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1607630
 
Last edited:
Is there a time set for this fine 27th we should expect the beta to be downloadable? (PreOrdered on Origin)
 
Guys, I'm getting really sick of the of the off-topic posts, the flamebaiting posts, the trolling posts, and the insults being thrown around. Either cut the shit, or I lock the thread.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top