Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you are going to piss some people off if your telling us the beta map is going to be metro with only the LAV-25 as a vehicle that you get to drive around a fountain in the park.

You're gathering facts from the wrong person, even if he's saying things about BF3.
They could tell OffSpring tomorrow what the Beta would actually be and everything he previously knew changes.

OffSpring is here to assist us with Origin, don't expect any breaking news about BF3.

So can we expect the beta this weekend? you told us the answer about this past weekend.

Dude holy shit calm down, the beta is not for your personal enjoyment (that is just a bonus), it's to assist DICE in testing the game.

I thought I read on one of the Dice crews twitter that Metro would not be the beta map. It is very safe to assume it will be Caspian conquest.

I thought I read on one of the Dice crews twitter that Metro would not be the beta map. It is very safe to assume it will be Caspian conquest.

People played Caspian at Gamescom, so it will be in the beta. I think both maps will be there.
If they gave us a chance to play it already, why would they hold it back? I don't see the need to analyze the issue so much.

Whatever they give us I'll be happy with it.

Damn, full moon last night or?!?! :(

Not that it really makes any difference to my total enjoyment of the game, but I hope they don't roll out the beta on 9/29 to make the "September" date.

but I hope they don't roll out the beta on 9/29 to make the "September" date.

Im almost ready to bet money that they will, this fucking "Soon" bullshit has been dragging on since germanys gamescom, and thats only for them to tell us the damn date.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/5254-dice-answers-all-fan-questions-regarding-battlefield-3.html

Q –When will the BETA be out?

A – "Soon, be patient! As soon as we can, we’ll announce the date"

FUUUUUUUUCK :mad:

/Memad

DICE responds to leaked 360 version of BF3:

"As people have probably noticed, when we show our games - we are very proud of what we're doing - we always want to show it in the best light. We want to show the product as good as possible.

"Watching the game in crappy 320x200 resolution on YouTube is not the way that we want people to experience the game.

"We'd rather have them wait for us to show it in its real HD glory," he said. "There are a lot of hard hours that have gone into this from the team, and naturally we're disappointed. But, yeah, things happen.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-13-dice-responds-to-battlefield-3-leak

I figured the videos I linked from Youtube were leaked. 360 leaks have been more frequent this year than PC leaks.

Quote from a recent battleblog:
As the single player campaign takes players from Paris and New York to the dustbowl of the Tehran desert and beyond, they will also walk in the shoes of several different characters from different branches of the Armed Forces.
Really hope they make the changes from person to person more evident then COD did with Modern Warfare cause I didnt know half the time that i was playing a different player in the SP campaign..

Though reading the rest of what they say about the SP campaign, I think I might just fire up the SP side of the game sooner than later....sounds interesting.

Quote from a recent battleblog:

Really hope they make the changes from person to person more evident then COD did with Modern Warfare cause I didnt know half the time that i was playing a different player in the SP campaign..

Though reading the rest of what they say about the SP campaign, I think I might just fire up the SP side of the game sooner than later....sounds interesting.

In both SP vids released so far (Fault Line and Thunder Run) there is text in the bottom left of the screen saying who you are, your unit and date/time.

So my last BF was BF2 and BF1942 before that and the first weeks/months were pretty buggy before patches turned them from ugly duckling into gorgeous models whom I spent many a night staring at.

Think it'll be like this for BF3? bug-wise? I haven't heard many things about the alpha gameplay, just the videos.

So my last BF was BF2 and BF1942 before that and the first weeks/months were pretty buggy before patches turned them from ugly duckling into gorgeous models whom I spent many a night staring at.

Think it'll be like this for BF3? bug-wise? I haven't heard many things about the alpha gameplay, just the videos.

Safe assumption. I'm waiting until CODMW3 comes out and then getting into BF3's multiplayer...DICE will have had a couple of weeks to do post-launch support and all of the CODpieces will have fucked off back to their precious.

That also happened with Bad Company 2. I don't remember it happening to 2142 very much, but it was simply a total re-skin of the existing BF2 so not much had to be re-worked.

As Plague suggested, it would be a safe assumption that it will have issues the first few weeks. Based on the alpha, I don't think anything that does happen will be terribly game breaking like server browser bugs, net code issues, or constant crashing. I'm betting most of the issues found will be game balance issues relating to weapons and vehicles.

DICE responds to leaked 360 version of BF3:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-13-dice-responds-to-battlefield-3-leak

I figured the videos I linked from Youtube were leaked. 360 leaks have been more frequent this year than PC leaks.

For Steamworks games at least, they can't be leaked because they ship with missing files. When you install the game, Steam downloads the final essential pieces to make the game run.

360 games leak because they don't have this kind of protection.

BF3 was built from the ground up for the PC, just like 1942, BF2 and BF2142. BFBC2 was a console port, so you can't really equate it to this game. Sure, there will be bugs but I have the feeling that this one will be a much better quality product. I've enjoyed 1942 more than any other Battlefield series, but this one has the same feel for me as 1942. I have high hope for it.

Trailers are fun. You should be happy they're giving out lots of info, be it trailers, screenshots or whatever. It could be like the Phantom Console, after all.

The trailers are amazing, but it's time for the hands on experience.
I think DICE probably called an audible and needed every man, woman and intern to finish the game so it can go Gold asap.
We'll see the beta after that happens.

It takes up to a month for it to pass console QA with MS and Sony. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's holding up the Beta.
On PC, they could have released the Beta as is.

Last edited:
It'll probably go gold ~1 month before Oct 25th (unless they announce a delay). This is usually the approximate lead time required for retail launch.

Actually they couldn't release the beta as is. There's a firm date and they're sticking to it. I personally cannot wait until it's live so I can play it. It'll be a lot of fun.

i pre-ordered last night through Origin. i played the hell out of the BC2 beta and i'm sure i'll do the same with BF3. question for those familiar with Origin: is there a way to change your Origin username? from the little google searching i've done it seems like there is no way to change it. or to be more specific, i've missed my one and only opportunity to change it back when i installed the client.

I don't think there is, maybe Offspring can comment on whether or not they will address this issue in the future?

I think there is going to be the same issue with BF3 that happened with SC2. People using the service for the first time with BF3 will just want to create any name without much thought just to get in and play, then find out later this is likely not a name they will want to stick with for an extended period of time without being able to change it.

That's the one thing I really dislike about the BF series - the lack of control of your name. I don't see why they couldn't allow whatever in-game name you wanted, while still having an account level name, like Counter-Strike/TF2 and Steam. Particularly since they are requiring Origins, there should be no reason they can't do that. I hate having to crap-up my name because someone already grabbed it. Been using the same name for gaming (not this one, as it's taken here too! :mad: ) since I randomly chose it to sign up for AOL 15+ years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back