Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh it is fine thanks for the offer, I'm content with my current name, well given the restrictions of what wasn't already picked anyways. I was mainly wondering if this is something that will be implemented in the future.

I'm sure you guys are going to get some complaints from people just rushing to make accounts and not being able to change it afterwards, which was what happened with SC2 and Bnet 2.0.

It's absolutely something we're looking into changing in the future, but just haven't gotten to that point yet.

Oh it is fine thanks for the offer, I'm content with my current name, well given the restrictions of what wasn't already picked anyways. I was mainly wondering if this is something that will be implemented in the future.

I'm sure you guys are going to get some complaints from people just rushing to make accounts and not being able to change it afterwards, which was what happened with SC2 and Bnet 2.0.

I definitely agree, i made my BF2 account when i was like..14? And thats what i had to use for my Origin/EA account and i wish i could change it. Gives out more info than im comfortable with. Same applies to my [H] name (they are the same), i wish i could change it too. But its not like im not gonna play BF3 cause of it.

Damnit.. I wish this was coming to Steam. I installed Origin last night and tried to add my BF2 games to the system and apparently their code-reader doesn't read CD-keys, and customer service told me they can't add any games older than 2 years to my account due to some lawsuit or some shit.. Why can't valve and EA get along. :(

Hey saedrin, if you have a digital copy (like one taken from Steam) of BF2 or BF2142 you should be able to add it, however there's a bug that's breaking that functionality. As for the reasoning, it's due to a different mechanism than the current keys. It's not due to a lawsuit or anything like that. I'm not sure why the CSR told you that.

As an aside, I use Steam and Origin at the same time, so if you want to play BF3 buy it and give Origin a shot. Competition is good as it breeds innovation. Coming from Xfire, we always tried to do better than our competitors be it GameSpy Arcade's All Seeing Eye, Steam's Friends or anything like that.

BF3 was built from the ground up for the PC, just like 1942, BF2 and BF2142. BFBC2 was a console port, so you can't really equate it to this game. Sure, there will be bugs but I have the feeling that this one will be a much better quality product. I've enjoyed 1942 more than any other Battlefield series, but this one has the same feel for me as 1942. I have high hope for it.
Sadly, there will probably never be anything quite like 1942 anytime soon with the current way gaming is. 1942 almost had it all and to top it off all the great mods such as Forgotten Hope and Desert Combat... I've played FH up until 2007... only stopped because I got sucked into WoW, never gets old with everything you can do. BF3 will get as close as it gets at least.

Sadly, there will probably never be anything quite like 1942 anytime soon with the current way gaming is. 1942 almost had it all and to top it off all the great mods such as Forgotten Hope and Desert Combat... I've played FH up until 2007... only stopped because I got sucked into WoW, never gets old with everything you can do. BF3 will get as close as it gets at least.

1942 definately stands out in my mind as the best of the franchise and of all the multiplayer-centric games ever.

Beta hasn't been released because DICE is waiting for Sony and Microsoft certification for it on consoles. It's ready to go on PC but that's what the hold up is.

http://www.planete-battlefield.fr/viewtopic.php?f=272&t=5280

Seriously, fuck consoles in the ass.

You seriously think DICE is holding off the PC version of the beta because of MS and Sony? :rolleyes:

If the PC is so far apart from the console versions, what's the hurt in releasing the PC beta before any other versions when it's already good to go? The only hold up for PC beta is DICE.

if my battlefield name attached to my ea account is what I want, why isn't that being used in BF? instead I had my wonkey master ID in the alpha.

You seriously think DICE is holding off the PC version of the beta because of MS and Sony? :rolleyes:

If the PC is so far apart from the console versions, what's the hurt in releasing the PC beta before any other versions when it's already good to go?

Hmmm let's see, because the game is multiplatform and they want to release everything at the same time?

if my battlefield name attached to my ea account is what I want, why isn't that being used in BF? instead I had my wonkey master ID in the alpha.

You can set whatever EA persona you want to be your in-game name as your master ID, so set your battlefield name/persona as your master ID.

If the PC is so far apart from the console versions, what's the hurt in releasing the PC beta before any other versions when it's already good to go? The only hold up for PC beta is DICE.

The hold up would be EA, there would be a serious amount of bitching from the console crew if the pc got it first. With it being released simaltaniously EA\Dice avoids twitter spam from console owners, and everyone is happy... for about 15 minutes then the whinging starts again.

At 1080p X4 AF X2AA, what is more likely to run this game better, a GTX-560ti or an HD 6870 ? A toss up ?

You can set whatever EA persona you want to be your in-game name as your master ID, so set your battlefield name/persona as your master ID.

does that have to be done in origin? I uninstalled it after alpha in hopes that I wouldn't need it anymore lol

Hmmm let's see, because the game is multiplatform and they want to release everything at the same time?

Correct me if I am wrong, the Battlefield 3 alpha was only for PC. The game is multiplatform, but just like the alpha, the "beta" is supposed to be another testing phase and not a demo. The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions has nothing to do with the PC version when it comes to testing.

Like someone else said earlier, it could be some sort of internal conflict between DICE and EA via video game politics and shit. But, to outright say it's MS and Sony's fault, that's BS.

Last edited:

Marketing. Or it's not good to go yet. Any number of reasons.

Like someone else said earlier, it could be some sort of internal conflict between DICE and EA via video game politics and shit. But, to outright say it's MS and Sony's fault, that's BS.

BS? Please, give us a better source than your own speculation.

does that have to be done in origin? I uninstalled it after alpha in hopes that I wouldn't need it anymore lol

If you login to your EA account through ea.com and go into your account settings there is an option where you can change your default persona.

The article says KM Troedsson said it during the BF3 presentation in Paris...

No, it says that while Kusa(community member at that site) was talking to Troedsson(someone with DICE). Troedsson stated this to him. It does not say this was announced at the event.

Further, it gives no time frame for how long MS/Sony have had the beta in testing, only that it takes a 2 to 3 weeks.

Per Offspring, someone who works for EA on Origin, the beta has an internal date for release and they are sticking to it.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1037752310#post1037752310

No, Chris_B, I am not in the same know as the Customer Support team. I know what the release date for the Open Beta is. I have been working on the Origin client and its interaction with BF3 for almost a month now. There will not be a delay in the release date or the Open Beta date.

The DICE team didn't have the date until fairly recently. No, I will not tell you what it is.

No, Chris_B, I am not in the same know as the Customer Support team. I know what the release date for the Open Beta is. I have been working on the Origin client and its interaction with BF3 for almost a month now. There will not be a delay in the release date or the Open Beta date.

The DICE team didn't have the date until fairly recently. No, I will not tell you what it is.

Well thats hardly proving anything is it? Anyone can be online and say they do this or that and not back it up with any kind of evidence. Not saying im doubting what you're saying, but as said, this is the internet after all,and people are generally all too eager to stir the point with vague comments about upcoming games like they have insider info.

Well thats hardly proving anything is it? Anyone can be online and say they do this or that and not back it up with any kind of evidence. Not saying im doubting what you're saying, but as said, this is the internet after all,and people are generally all too eager to stir the point with vague comments about upcoming games like they have insider info.

well he actually has been proved to be an actual origin employee.. so please have a seat..

Ask NathanP2007 whether I work at EA or not. You can also go onto the Origin forums and look for EA_Offspring. You can PM me there, as that's my work account on the forums there.

Snappshoota, nice try.

well he actually has been proved to be an actual origin employee.. so please have a seat..

And thats meant to prove anything? Im pretty sure in just about any place of employment not everyone is privvy to info that is under embargo. And seeing as Dice can only Parrot the words "soon" in every interview theyve done since gamescom, it would seem that theyve been told to shutup untill EA says otherwise.

No, it's not "shut up until EA says otherwise" it's more like they don't want to announce the date.

No, it's not "shut up until EA says otherwise" it's more like they don't want to announce the date.

And whats the reasoning behind that? Surely if they announced the date it would more than likely generate more origin preorders for early beta access? :confused::(

No, what I'm saying is I don't know why it's hush hush, I just know that it is. I'm not going to be the one to leak the date, I'm going to be one of the ones playing the game, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back