• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Info on the limited edition of BF3 (preorder is at $50 on the EA store so I'm not sure why its called limited when that's standard).

bg-rtk.jpg


Can anyone say KARKANDDDDDDDD!!!!!!
 
Oh wow. Karkand was probably my most played map in BF2. I can't wait to see what it will be like with Frostbite 2. There probably won't be any buildings left to take cover in by the time the game is over.
 
I hope they bring back the classic commander mode with destructible artillery, UAV station, and I cant seem to remember that last one.
 
Whats the chance for a pre-order option through steam you think? I really don't like buying games outside of steam these days.
 
Bad Company 2 for 20$ or wait for BF3...hmmm.

Both! In terms of multiplayer, Bad Company 2 isn't as epic or wide-scale as BF2 but it'll serve as something to keep you going until BF3, and it's better than the other military-themed shooters IMO (especially at that price point).
 
I hope they bring back the classic commander mode with destructible artillery, UAV station, and I cant seem to remember that last one.

Vehicle/supply drop

How would one feel if dice omitted the commander from BF3?


I hope they make at least one map as good as karkand.
 
Oh wow. Karkand was probably my most played map in BF2. I can't wait to see what it will be like with Frostbite 2. There probably won't be any buildings left to take cover in by the time the game is over.

To be fair, Karkand and most of the city maps were the most played city maps for many people by far. That's exactly the reason why I don't get the ire against BC2(hopefully they keep the unlock system!) by the Battlefield purists, most people were essentially restricting themselves to Bad Company-like play anyway save for bits of the map design. :p
 
Info on the limited edition of BF3 (preorder is at $50 on the EA store so I'm not sure why its called limited when that's standard).

bg-rtk.jpg


Can anyone say KARKANDDDDDDDD!!!!!!

I am pumped for this game, but the fact that they are already pimping DLC before it is even out just really rubs me the wrong way. Would it really kill them to include it as standard for all editions and to release a half decent expansion a year after release ala BCV so I do not feel like I am being nickel and dimed to death!?
 
Whats the chance for a pre-order option through steam you think? I really don't like buying games outside of steam these days.

It will happen, but probably not until a few weeks before release. That's been the pattern lately.

I am pumped for this game, but the fact that they are already pimping DLC before it is even out just really rubs me the wrong way. Would it really kill them to include it as standard for all editions and to release a half decent expansion a year after release ala BCV so I do not feel like I am being nickel and dimed to death!?

They want to challenge COD pre-sale records. Limited Edition will also be on sale at stores on the day of release. They want the buzz of long lines at midnight release parties all over the globe. It's about taking back the FPS crown. This is their someday. :)
 
If there isnt a Wake Island I am going to kill somebody. Seeing how they canceled BF1943 now.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Im buying it on steam...there is no way in hell Im going through the whole Patching fiasco that surrounded BF2.....
 
I am pumped for this game, but the fact that they are already pimping DLC before it is even out just really rubs me the wrong way. Would it really kill them to include it as standard for all editions and to release a half decent expansion a year after release ala BCV so I do not feel like I am being nickel and dimed to death!?


eh DLC will end up being free on PC anyways, watch. they only charge on the 360 because microshit makes them. thats why they did the 1200 ms point VIP pack on the 360 for BC2 which lets you download every DLC thing that comes out at no extra cost. it payed for its self twice after all the map packs.
 
Gonna take a hell of a lot for this to not be a day 1 purchase for me.
 
This will of course be a no brainer day 1 buy for me. Bout time we get a true BF2 successor.
 
Battlefield 3 will be epicly awesome, just like all of the other battlefields.
 
Assuming Valve doesn't drop HL3/EP3 on us during the same timeframe, this will easily be the most anticipated PC game release of 2011. Of course that also means that EA/Dice has a lot to of hype to deliver on. This will either be one seriously bad-ass game or one of the biggest let-downs in recent memory. I remain optimistic.
 
Im buying it on steam...there is no way in hell Im going through the whole Patching fiasco that surrounded BF2.....
I'm inclined to agree with you there. I just hope patches will be on steam the same time EA releases them to everyone else.
 
I'm inclined to agree with you there. I just hope patches will be on steam the same time EA releases them to everyone else.

I'm pretty sure bc2 had steam updates same as retail dvd did so I'm sure it wont be a problem.
 
The dilemma is whether to buy a 6950/GTX 560 now, or wait until the 28nm cards considering the release date.

To be fair, Karkand and most of the city maps were the most played city maps for many people by far. That's exactly the reason why I don't get the ire against BC2(hopefully they keep the unlock system!) by the Battlefield purists, most people were essentially restricting themselves to Bad Company-like play anyway save for bits of the map design. :p

I've felt the same way as well. You also throw in how so many people hated the jets. Although whats odd at the same time is the most popular BC 2 conquest maps I think are those similar in style to BF 2 (such as Heavy Metal). The conclusion? People always want what they don't have. :p

eh DLC will end up being free on PC anyways, watch. they only charge on the 360 because microshit makes them. thats why they did the 1200 ms point VIP pack on the 360 for BC2 which lets you download every DLC thing that comes out at no extra cost. it payed for its self twice after all the map packs.

Well remember how DICE said there bosses were amazed at what they were showed. Maybe it was new revenue possibilities via DLC, haha :p
 
I think I'll wait a bit before getting this, I spent $50 on BC2 and 3 weeks later it was $20.
 
Oh wow. Karkand was probably my most played map in BF2. I can't wait to see what it will be like with Frostbite 2. There probably won't be any buildings left to take cover in by the time the game is over.

Rumor has it that these 4 maps will be in the first DLC (Or with the preorder)

Strike at Karkand, Wake Island (it's already been to consoles), Road to Jalalabad, and Gulf of Oman.

WOuld be nice if this is true....:eek::D:cool:
 
I think I'll wait a bit before getting this, I spent $50 on BC2 and 3 weeks later it was $20.

Might make a better experience too, since DICE's recent track record with the BF series suggests the game will have serious launch issues, wait for the patches and the infrastructure upgrades :p
 
I am sick and fucking tired of Wake Island. Please for the love of god leave that map out of BF3.

Maps I'd like to see in the day 1 map pack are Karkand, Sharqi, Mashtuur, Oman, Dragon Valley.
 
Any word if the Limited Edition (with included DLC) will be available on Steam? :D

Might make a better experience too, since DICE's recent track record with the BF series suggests the game will have serious launch issues, wait for the patches and the infrastructure upgrades :p

Come on, who's really going to have the will to do this? lol We're all like battered wives, we keep coming back.
 
I've felt the same way as well. You also throw in how so many people hated the jets. Although whats odd at the same time is the most popular BC 2 conquest maps I think are those similar in style to BF 2 (such as Heavy Metal). The conclusion? People always want what they don't have.

The jet hate was pervasive enough in BF2 that I didn't think it needed to be said really.

Also, because I derped, I meant to say that the city maps seemed to by far be the most played maps, dunno why an extra "city" made it's way in. Between the jet hate, the affinity for city maps, and people wanting infantry only modes after a while, it just seems to me that more people would prefer a bigger Bad Company over another "pure" Battlefield game. In hindsight, I think I certainly did.

Heck, the fact that it's Karkand and Sharqi that come to mind to people over say, Kubra Dam and that Chinese-USMC map with the river when they think about the game screams that to me.

Personally, I hope they at least keep the unlock system from Bad Company 2. I like it a ton and think it gives you many more options over how they did it in the older games. Maybe a hybrid system where you get unlock slots to unlock class specific and unspecific stuff would be good.
 
I'll be there on release day. I see they got the premium priced @ 49.99 pre-order. I can live with that. Thats for the LE also
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top