• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Beta keys goes out tomorrow. It's been said time and time again. September 27th. 27 September. Not before.

Yeah we'll get the beta keys AFTER the beta opens. :D

I wonder if they're prepared for 1.5 million players to jump on tomorrow...
 
Actually, WhyYouLoveMe, this is a closed beta right now. Tomorrow is the Open Beta. As for the 1.5 million, I sure hope our servers survive it too. It'll be an interesting go.
 
Ya, I can go to a ballgame and spend 80 bucks on just a few things and have a good time for maybe 3 hours. Compare this to the 60 bucks I paid for BC2 and got 300 hours of playtime on it. Easy math here folks...ballgame = 27 dollars per hour for entertainment vs. BC2 = 20 cents per hour...
 
§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1037800172 said:
lolz@sushipicsinbf3thread

Nothing else to talk about until the Beta goes live. 12 hrs. to go here on the East Coast.

I Sspent $150 on Heat finals tickets, and that was the cheap seats. $20 parking another $20 in food.
After 3 hours, the game was over. I can still play BC2 over and over. Outside > Inside when it all boils down though.
 
True, there was no question mark but it still could have been taken (and was) as a question.

Yeah, I understand. In either case, it looks like most people weren't even sure when all of the other Beta keys would be issued. Everyone thought it would be the 25th, then they were all sure it would be the 26th, turns out it's on the day the beta begins. Go figure. :p
 
I think people didn't want to read the full text, even though DICE has been really clear about when the beta was going live. 9/25 was the cut-off for pre-orders. Someone probably saw that and read it as codes go out then. The Battlelog page, and everything I've seen both internally and externally has said the 27th for the Open Beta early access, with the 29th being the other opening date.
 
Actually, WhyYouLoveMe, this is a closed beta right now. Tomorrow is the Open Beta. As for the 1.5 million, I sure hope our servers survive it too. It'll be an interesting go.

I think open is the 29th.

tomorrow is early access for MOH and bf3 le preorders
 
No, the open beta starts tomorrow. At that point, it's a 48-hour early access. The rest of it is open beta as well. The entire thing is called "open beta."
 
Ok, yes, that's true but we don't call it a closed-open beta at work, as that would become a mouthful very quickly.
 
My ode to BF3...

Tonight's the night we're gonna make it happen
Tonight we'll put all other things aside
Get in this time and show me some affection
We're goin' for those pleasures in the night

I want to love you, feel you, wrap myself around you
I want to squeeze you, please you, I just can't get enough
And if you move real slow I let it go

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
And I know I know I know I know I know I want you

We shouldn't even think about tomorrow
Sweet memories will last for long long time
We'll have a good time, Baby, don't do worry
And if we're still playin' around boy that's just fine

Let's get excited, we just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
I know I know I know I know I know I want you, I want you

I want to love you, feel you, wrap myself around you
I want to squeeze you, please you, I just can't get enough
And if you move real slow I let it go

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
I know I know I know I know I know I want you
 
You get your key tomorrow.
Yes we know what the official start date and time is supposed to be but there have been several live feeds of people playing the beta and tweets like this that suggest some are getting them early. Are they privileged or just lucky? We don't know. But it's worth speculating that it's just luck and any one of us could get our golden ticket anytime now.
 
http://www.gamespot.com/shows/on-the-spot/?event=battlefield_3_tournament20110926&tag=topslot;img;1

what's with codes?

betacode.jpg
 
a pre-load sure would be nice... At this point I know it's wishful thinking

This... it's going to be bad in the morning if they don't let downloads spread out over tonight. *shrug* I'd love a pre-load. Sure you'd still have a slam-rush of downloads tonight, but at least it would taper down a LITTLE by morning.
 
From what I've seen so far the screenshots look nothing like the videos. Graphics not looking impressive at all - to me they look just like BC2. I'm REALLY hoping this can push my rig.
 
The beta is like 4gb. Why would you preload a beta?

So we don't have to wait in the morning to play, and/or get 100kbyte/sec download speeds since everyone else in the world is hitting your servers at the same time :). I'd rather not have the beta start at 8am EST for me, but then not be able to play until 2pm because the servers are so overloaded that they can only give me 1/35th of my connection's bandwidth. It's the same reason people like to pre-load launching games too... it makes sure the servers have people online right at the start, and alleviates the annoyance of the wait once the servers go live.
 
We use a cloud-based CDN. If you are getting 100kb/sec downloading, then that's on your ISP's end. The only reason why people preload is so that the moment it unlocks, you can play.
 
The beta is like 4gb. Why would you preload a beta?

Because my download speeds top out at 160KB/s? Break it down, it will take me quite a while to download the Beta. Realistically, I probably won't even be able to play the beta until the 29th due to how slow my internet can be, on top of competing with everyone else. I'm personally approaching the Early Access period as an exclusive pre-load for pre-orders and MoH:LE owners.
 
We use a cloud-based CDN. If you are getting 100kb/sec downloading, then that's on your ISP's end. The only reason why people preload is so that the moment it unlocks, you can play.

That's basically what my explanation boils down to as far as the preload thing: sure, it's technically accurate to say the "open beta" goes live at 8am, but in reality it won't be populated for awhile until people have downloaded/installed it, hours later. Not a huge deal, but it's an annoyance, and most games allow you to pre-load nowadays so the downloading + timing things aren't an issue. The desire to play a new game the moment it's released is *not* exclusive to MMORPG's: people want to be playing a new game like this right away, as well. It's a well-accepted and commonly-known feature in MMO communities to want to pre-load and get in ASAP.

I typically get high speeds from the EA Origin software, but I have seen it dip to the several-hundred-kilobytes/second or less range when downloading games I own, even though when it does that I can launch another download and have an additional 3mbytes/sec going, stop that additional download, and the EA speed remains the same.

Cloud-based content-distribution does not alleviate all download issues automagically, as I'm sure you're aware. It's simply more points of distribution, geographically and bandwidth-wise. It's no silver bullet for download woes.
 
It's a Beta, be glad we have the chance to play it at all.

I'm not: I paid for the "chance" (actually, a guarantee). No company is making a game like this and releasing it for marketing beta out of the goodness of their hearts... it's all a nice part of the launch plans to make money (as it should be for any major production such as this). Do you go to a restaurant and when they tell you the wait is an hour, say "Oh well, be glad we have the chance to eat here at all!"? I love business & capitalism as much as anybody, but this sort of thinking is just naive.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top