• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i posted the video the other day and i got the post removed and slapped on the wrist.. the admin said i was trolling. kinda sad they go and post the video as front page news then.

"This message has been deleted by Crosshairs. Reason: trolling "

Yeah, moderation can be awkward on some forums at times...
 
Were you being sarcastic or something? Or are you just trying to discredit everything I said by implying I can't read.


Did you even read? I said I watched the guy run then proceeded to jump around a corner while opening fire and killing some one, Which to me is stupid..

Where did i say nerf jumping, or anything to resemble that?

Where did i say anything about jumping is like dolphin diving?

I said running around a corner, jumping while shooting is the new dolphin diving..
....
 
per http://bf3blog.com/2011/09/battlefield-3-beta-start-times-beta-codes-and-more/
How to access the beta
•EA will send out emails with beta codes and a link to where you can redeem the code and download the beta.
•The emails will be sent out to those who pre-orderd on Origin (to your Origin email account). Emails will also be sent out to Medal Of Honor users to their EA master account emails.
•Steam owners of Medal of Honor will receive the beta code in their MoH Steam page, under “CD Keys”.
•Emails will be sent out later today/tonight.
•Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners will get mails sent to the email address they used for their pre-order. MoH owners will receive the email to the address they used to sign up for the early beta (redeemed your Online Pass).
•The beta is estimated at 2.6 GB.

Beta start times

For those with early access, the beta starts on September 27 at these times:
•5 AM US Pacific
•8 AM US Eastern
•2 PM Central Europe (14:00)
•10 PM AEST (Australia)
•9 PM JST (Japan)

@CatalystCreator said:
Plan is to release Cat 11.10 preview driver (BF3 driver) sometime in next 24 hours. Official Catalyst 11.9 will post Wednesday

obviously via twitter
 
Btw are you sure 6 months from now it will even be $30? Bad Company 2 is around the $20+ mark with the GOTY edition being $35. And it has been out for almost nearly 2 years. Some games do go down in price fast but certain ones (typically the popular ones) dont, and i dont think BF3 will get to $30, not even $40 after just 6 months.

No definitely can't be sure but the big wave of initial sales will easily have ended by that time so I imagine so.

Bad Company 2 may be $20-35 in stores and online right now but I got the GOTY edition off Steam for $5.75 on one of their big sales earlier in the year.
 
I love the hyperbole here. "World" of frustration and sadness?? Lulz.

You make it sound as though 2012 is like ten months away. I already see Christmas shit going up in the stores. And who pays full price for games anymore nowadays? Oh that's right...suckers.

I'll just wait until March, save $30+ on BF3, and actually have options with regards to GPUs.

options?

dual 5870's....
6950 xfire
6970

I got some options too!!
 
No definitely can't be sure but the big wave of initial sales will easily have ended by that time so I imagine so.

Bad Company 2 may be $20-35 in stores and online right now but I got the GOTY edition off Steam for $5.75 on one of their big sales earlier in the year.

Oh ya, thats true, i got it on PC during that steam sale for that price too, but i first off dont really think of steam sales as "the game in x Months will cost" cause they only have like 2 sales a year, and secondly with BF3 not even being on steam, who knows if it ever will, hence it wouldnt be in a steam sale.

So how stable are these preview AMD Drivers? I have only ever downloaded the official final version Drivers. But i bet there will be a performance boost between my current driver and the preview driver made for BF3.
 
Its up now.

Do i have to do anything different? Or do i just install it like i have installed previous final build drivers in the past? AKA let the driver do the uninstalling of current driver on system.

Install over the top, but good luck.. looks like the file is incomplete.

It's only 23.6 MB

That doesn't look right.

www.amd.com/bf3driver RT my friends please from catalystmaker

just sent a tweet asking about the size but doubt I'll get a response :p
 
Cant really argue against you waiting and saving money, but what i think people forget is those 6 months of play time are WORTH the $30 more i paid (technically more like $15 more cause i got 25% off). Like the whiners about Team Fortress 2 going free to play saying "I would have just waited if i knew id get it free!". But its like...you bought it for like $15 or w/e or got it with the Orange Box...and have gotten like 4 years of play time out of it...i think thats worth having not played it for 4 years and waiting till its free.

Btw are you sure 6 months from now it will even be $30? Bad Company 2 is around the $20+ mark with the GOTY edition being $35. And it has been out for almost nearly 2 years. Some games do go down in price fast but certain ones (typically the popular ones) dont, and i dont think BF3 will get to $30, not even $40 after just 6 months.

He wants to feel like a genius so let him.
 
He wants to feel like a genius so let him.

seriously, I got 350 hours out of bc2. three hundred fifty hours of time that would have been spent either A: being bored waiting to go to work, or B: spending money elsewhere while waiting to go to work.

bc2 (and many other games over the last 15 years) was the ultimate time gap filler for me. 60 bucks went towards that? thats well fucking spent dollars.

I spend 80 dollars on sushi alone, haha.
 
Did you even read? I said I watched the guy run then proceeded to jump around a corner while opening fire and killing some one, Which to me is stupid..

Where did i say nerf jumping, or anything to resemble that?

Where did i say anything about jumping is like dolphin diving?

I said running around a corner, jumping while shooting is the new dolphin diving..
....

Riiiight. Ignore.
 
Seems to be a lot of flashy UI garbage on the stream.
Yeah I'm a bit disappointed in the arcade-shooter like look an feel (so far). IMO the absence of the commander role just takes so much of the tactical aspect of the game away. Something so cool about knowing the commander is the most senior player who accepted the role and having a directive to follow, even if it's not a great commander they are still likely to send you to where the points are, either in captures or frags.
 
Yeah I'm a bit disappointed in the arcade-shooter like look an feel (so far). IMO the absence of the commander role just takes so much of the tactical aspect of the game away. Something so cool about knowing the commander is the most senior player who accepted the role and having a directive to follow, even if it's not a great commander they are still likely to send you to where the points are, either in captures or frags.

What you just said sounds great. Playing BF2, that is not the case though.

Rarely were squads listening to the commander.

Rarely was the commander actually commanding.

Rarest was a commander commanding and at least 3 squads listening to the commander.
 
seriously, I got 350 hours out of bc2. three hundred fifty hours of time that would have been spent either A: being bored waiting to go to work, or B: spending money elsewhere while waiting to go to work.

bc2 (and many other games over the last 15 years) was the ultimate time gap filler for me. 60 bucks went towards that? thats well fucking spent dollars.

I spend 80 dollars on sushi alone, haha.

Yup.. I paid $50 for BFBC2 on the pre-order ages ago, money well spent... I've played it over 450-500 hours. Sure I could get it for $15 now, but the $35 difference would not have been worth having not gotten to play it for the past year and a half+. Opportunity cost is a concept beyond many people's grasp nowadays.
 
491 hours on BC2 for me, I love how we've all played similar amounts. Easily worth the full game price for a BF release.
 
Have any of you that bought it off of orgin for the beta received keys yet?
 
No key yet, I'd be insanely pissed if I didn't get one. Preordered last week, veteran level 8. (or 9, according to BFBC2, lol?)
 
w00t, people who bought MoH on Steam before July 26th are getting early access keys via Steam tomorrow!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top