• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how they block something that is coming out in a few hours anyways.

I also love how "early beta" was only 2 days.... IF that once they get all the bugs worked out.
 
So after a 90 minute wait on the chat help via the Origin website. Any preorder placed before today will get access to the early beta.
 
I can already see this turning into a fiasco when ea's servers go down and a bunch of people don't receive their beta codes. Why couldn't they just mail these out a week ago?
 
So after a 90 minute wait on the chat help via the Origin website. Any preorder placed before today will get access to the early beta.

curious, i preordered a mailed copy (i don't care if i have to wait a couple more days) instead of the digital download my credit card hasn't been charged yet, think i'll get beta access? nothing on my origin account shows anything about BF3
Those that have pre-ordered Battlefield 3 PC digital download through Origin, or own Medal of Honor Limited/Tier 1 Edition, will gain early access to the Open Beta starting on September 27.
this is what worries me, i preordered yet because i didn't preorder the "digital" one, i don't get the beta access? shit's retarded
 
curious, i preordered a mailed copy (i don't care if i have to wait a couple more days) instead of the digital download my credit card hasn't been charged yet, think i'll get beta access? nothing on my origin account shows anything about BF3

It's an Open beta. Everyone gets access.
 
So after a 90 minute wait on the chat help via the Origin website. Any preorder placed before today will get access to the early beta.

It's been known for a while that anyone who orders by the 25th get access to the early beta on the 27th... I sure hope you did not wait 90 min to find that out lol
 
It's an Open beta. Everyone gets access.

read my post above yours, clearly everyone doesn't get access

Those that have pre-ordered Battlefield 3 PC digital download through Origin, or own Medal of Honor Limited/Tier 1 Edition, will gain early access to the Open Beta starting on September 27.
 
Also, those of you with early access and GTX 580 SLI, can you please test it with one and then both cards? I am going to be deciding on getting a second 580, and this game might be a reason to get one for 20% off.

new card from AMD and Nvidia in Q1 2012. I'd wait if I were you. In fact, that is exactly what i am doing. I'll 'live' with just one card for now, but next year I'll grab either 2 680's or 2 7970's and and two more of the same monitor I have and to play in either eyefinity or surround.
 
Last edited:
new card from AMD and Nvidia in Q1 2011. I'd wait if I were you. In fact, that is exactly what i am doing. I'll 'live' with just one card for now, but next year I'll grab either 2 680's or 2 7970's and and two more of the same monitor I have and to play in either eyefinity or surround.

i heard the AMD 7000 series got delayed, i think i read it here on the forums?
 
I think you are putting yourself into a world of frustration and sadness if you wait for the next round of cards to play BF3.

They will be out in 2012.
 
Also, those of you with early access and GTX 580 SLI, can you please test it with one and then both cards? I am going to be deciding on getting a second 580, and this game might be a reason to get one for 20% off.
I was under the impression that multi-card setups wouldn't be functional in the alpha or the beta...
 
Why wouldn't you it's free, clear, and very low-ping.

There are of course alternatives, but when you only have 4-5 people playing it's a pretty easy option.

teamspeak or the like. small enough to ruin your own small cheap server with no impact to bandwidth and clear. you can lock it down so no one can be on except for those that you allow.
 
It's been known for a while that anyone who orders by the 25th get access to the early beta on the 27th... I sure hope you did not wait 90 min to find that out lol

I've seen conflicting info on when the cutoff was...11:59-24th or 11:59-25th. I wouldn't say I waited really. I was creating a visio doc...hate visio..
 
It's been known for a while that anyone who orders by the 25th get access to the early beta on the 27th... I sure hope you did not wait 90 min to find that out lol

anyone who preorders the "digital copy" gets early access, people who preordered a mailed boxed copy do not.

it's bullshit, but it is what it is.
 
I've seen conflicting info on when the cutoff was...11:59-24th or 11:59-25th. I wouldn't say I waited really. I was creating a visio doc...hate visio..

anyone who preorders the "digital copy" gets early access, people who preordered a mailed boxed copy do not.

it's bullshit, but it is what it is.

yeah I understand. Should have made it clear for digital version only yes...

I guess waiting for online live help is not nearly half as bad as waiting on the phone lol.
 
So this live streaming of the beta, is this just internal employees/media getting access right now or what?
 
I think you are putting yourself into a world of frustration and sadness if you wait for the next round of cards to play BF3.

They will be out in 2012.

I love the hyperbole here. "World" of frustration and sadness?? Lulz.

You make it sound as though 2012 is like ten months away. I already see Christmas shit going up in the stores. And who pays full price for games anymore nowadays? Oh that's right...suckers.

I'll just wait until March, save $30+ on BF3, and actually have options with regards to GPUs.
 
I love the hyperbole here. "World" of frustration and sadness?? Lulz.

You make it sound as though 2012 is like ten months away. I already see Christmas shit going up in the stores. And who pays full price for games anymore nowadays? Oh that's right...suckers.

I'll just wait until March, save $30+ on BF3, and actually have options with regards to GPUs.

Cant really argue against you waiting and saving money, but what i think people forget is those 6 months of play time are WORTH the $30 more i paid (technically more like $15 more cause i got 25% off). Like the whiners about Team Fortress 2 going free to play saying "I would have just waited if i knew id get it free!". But its like...you bought it for like $15 or w/e or got it with the Orange Box...and have gotten like 4 years of play time out of it...i think thats worth having not played it for 4 years and waiting till its free.

Btw are you sure 6 months from now it will even be $30? Bad Company 2 is around the $20+ mark with the GOTY edition being $35. And it has been out for almost nearly 2 years. Some games do go down in price fast but certain ones (typically the popular ones) dont, and i dont think BF3 will get to $30, not even $40 after just 6 months.
 
Wow watching the stream of the beta...

Making me not even want to play it.. Wtf is with the jumping and shooting already...

Runs to corner, jumps out past corner, lands, shoots.. really... The new dolphin diving..

Then hes aimed in on some one sprinting, whattaya know they start jumping when he opens fire...

and now I see him bunny hopping across an open section of the of the ticket booths..
 
To me.. with a multiplayer fps game, if I can't get in on the ground floor (when the game is new to everyone) I won't even bother. If you wait 2-4 months later everyone that has played a lot during that time knows how each maps plays, where the good spots are, etc. Nothing more frustrating than jumping into a game like that and just getting owned for a few weeks until you figure things out.

I also don't like paying full price, but for a good multiplayer based game I make exceptions for the above reasons and I know I'm going to get my monies worth out of it.
 
Alpha ran fine on my 570.

Alpha had way fewer graphical bells and whistles, too ;).

Cant really argue against you waiting and saving money, but what i think people forget is those 6 months of play time are WORTH the $30 more i paid (technically more like $15 more cause i got 25% off). Like the whiners about Team Fortress 2 going free to play saying "I would have just waited if i knew id get it free!". But its like...you bought it for like $15 or w/e or got it with the Orange Box...and have gotten like 4 years of play time out of it...i think thats worth having not played it for 4 years and waiting till its free.

Btw are you sure 6 months from now it will even be $30? Bad Company 2 is around the $20+ mark with the GOTY edition being $35. And it has been out for almost nearly 2 years. Some games do go down in price fast but certain ones (typically the popular ones) dont, and i dont think BF3 will get to $30, not even $40 after just 6 months.

This... + the new cards may not be out for another 4-6 months regardless at this point it seems.
 
from the screens i'm seeing of this.. I'm seriously amused Dice were trying to push the 'YOU'LL NEED 2 580'S TO PLAY DIS LOL'

whatever dice. sure.
 
so if i have MoH limited edition, how do i go about redeeming my BF3 beta key?

i dont think i got any sort of paper in there for it when i originally purchased it :|
 
Wow watching the stream of the beta...

Making me not even want to play it.. Wtf is with the jumping and shooting already...

Runs to corner, jumps out past corner, lands, shoots.. really... The new dolphin diving..

Then hes aimed in on some one sprinting, whattaya know they start jumping when he opens fire...

and now I see him bunny hopping across and open section of the of the ticket booths..

ZOMG NERF JUMPING. If you think jumping is anything close to dolphin diving you are insane and if you think jumping around corners is more efficient than strafing around them you are even more crazy.
 
from the screens i'm seeing of this.. I'm seriously amused Dice were trying to push the 'YOU'LL NEED 2 580'S TO PLAY DIS LOL'

whatever dice. sure.

That was my take on the Reqs. I'm sure it will be a little beefy, but I can't imagine it will be that bad.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top