• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone downloaded the new nvidia drivers yet? I have evga 570's and have had no luck with drivers since the 263.09 driver.
 
Has anyone downloaded the new nvidia drivers yet? I have evga 570's and have had no luck with drivers since the 263.09 driver.

I have SLI 570's as well and have been fine with virtually every driver up through the ones I'm using now (beta 285.27). A couple of sets had "black box" issues with BFBC2 so I didn't stick with them, but other than that they've all been rock-solid. 285.27 seems to have improved performance in a number of games a bit, especially Rift, for me.
 
Yep, basically this. I was on my phone so I couldn't type a lengthy response comfortably, but those are good additional points. The higher PPI + more pixels to represent any given world unit space in a game = less aliasing & less visible aliasing, but it is a far cry from removing it and AA is still necessary.

I would vote for "unnecessary", but everyone has their personal tolerances.

I personally don't see the need for it because my machine is fast enough currently that I am hardly ever looking at "still" screens long enough to be noticing barely there jaggies. I'm to busy playing the game, which involves moving, which in turns makes jaggies very difficult to see. For me at least.

Some people are just more sensitive to things.
 
I know this has already been discussed, but while the music itself in that trailer was spot-on, I would have liked it a lot more if the lyrics were taken out. They just don't match up well.

They should have just stuck with the style that they have been using all along.
 
I have SLI 570's as well and have been fine with virtually every driver up through the ones I'm using now (beta 285.27). A couple of sets had "black box" issues with BFBC2 so I didn't stick with them, but other than that they've all been rock-solid. 285.27 seems to have improved performance in a number of games a bit, especially Rift, for me.

Do you play in surround by chance?
 
Well I will be getting this for PC...

I would have also bought a Xbox360 edition for when my friends come over, but the lack of split-screen online means I will be buying Call of Duty MW3...which is alright, but I would def rather play split-screen BF3....

So stupid of DICE....that is why MW3 still is going to beat BF3 in sales...

(I am a huge Battlefield Fan over CoD btw)
 
I know this has already been discussed, but while the music itself in that trailer was spot-on, I would have liked it a lot more if the lyrics were taken out. They just don't match up well.

They should have just stuck with the style that they have been using all along.
Judging by the not so subtle dig at the end, the lyrics are in reference to a certain competitor.
 
Well I will be getting this for PC...

I would have also bought a Xbox360 edition for when my friends come over, but the lack of split-screen online means I will be buying Call of Duty MW3...which is alright, but I would def rather play split-screen BF3....

So stupid of DICE....that is why MW3 still is going to beat BF3 in sales...

(I am a huge Battlefield Fan over CoD btw)

Really, a game like BF3 you want to play split screen? That's like stabbing yourself in the eye because depth perception is silly to you.

MW3 will beat BF3 in sales because it's fucking CoD and all the little babies like their run and gun alive for 10 seconds racking up kill shots games. BF3 requires a little bit of patience and organization(if it's anything like BF1/2) to play well and be effective.
 
The "HELP/FAQ" on that early access page has a pretty good summary of the beta stuff.

BATTLEFIELD 3 BETA HELP

What are the dates for the Battlefield 3 Beta?
The Open Beta starts September 29. Those that have pre-ordered Battlefield 3 PC digital download through Origin, or own Medal of Honor Limited/Tier 1 Edition, will gain early access to the Open Beta starting on September 27. The Open Beta will end on October 10.

On what platforms is the BF3 Beta available?
All of the platforms the full product will support: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Windows PC.

In what territories is the BF3 Beta available?
The Beta is available in North America, South America, Europe, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.

In what languages is the BF3 Beta available?
The Beta and Battlelog site will only be available in English, but there will be localized sections on the Battlelog Open Beta forum where you can leave feedback and get your questions answered. The full Battlefield 3 product will be available in several languages.

Do I have access to the BF3 Beta? Am I invited?
Everyone can play the Battlefield 3 Open Beta beginning September 29, no invitation is required! However, note that early access to the Beta is limited to those that qualify.

Are there any restrictions to play time in the BF3 Beta?
No, you can play for as long as you want. There will be no cap on how far you can rank up or what you can unlock. Servers will be up 24/7, barring maintenance needs.

Where do I get the BF3 Beta?
On console, the Beta will appear on the PlayStation Network Store and Xbox Live Marketplace. On PC, it will appear in the Origin application's demo section.

Does the BF3 Beta represent final game quality?
The Beta is not final software and updates will be done both to the game and to the back-end prior to the Battlefield 3 full product launch. Your participation in the Beta will help us improve the final game.

How do I install the BF3 Beta?
On console, simply download the Beta from the PlayStation Network Store or Xbox Live Marketplace and play. On PC, you must have Origin running and then download the Beta from within the Origin application's demo section. To install the free Origin client, visit www.origin.com/download.

Is Origin required to play the BF3 Beta?
On PC, yes. Origin is used to distribute the Beta installation and run the game on Windows PC. Origin is not required to play on PS3 or Xbox 360.

What is Origin?
Origin is a service from EA which allows you to easily buy, download, and play games. You can find the entire Origin FAQ on this link.

What are the Windows PC system requirements for BF3 Beta?
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
OS: Windows 7 or Vista (SP2)
Installed: Origin
CPU: 2 GHz Dual Core (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz) or better
RAM: 2GB or more
Hard Drive: 20 GB free
Disc Drive: DVD-Rom
Video: 512 MB or greater DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card with latest drivers (AMD Radeon 3000 or later, NVIDIA GeForce 8 or later)
Sound: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card
Internet: broadband connection

RECOMMENDED
OS: Windows 7 64-bit
CPU: Quad-core or better
RAM: 4 GB or more
Video: 1024 MB or greater DirectX 11 compatible card (ATI Radeon 6950 or later, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 or later)

I bought Medal of Honor Limited Edition. How do I get early access to the Beta?
If you bought Medal of Honor Limited Edition new on PS3, the early access open beta will automatically appear for you in the Playstation Network Store.

If you bought Medal of Honor Limited Edition new on PC, you will receive an email with instructions and your personal early access code. Note your code and follow the instructions to redeem the code on Origin.

If you bought Medal of Honor Limited Edition new on Xbox 360, you will receive an email with instructions and your personal early access code to enter on Xbox Live Marketplace.

Your early access begins on September 27.

I bought Medal of Honor Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition on Steam. How do I get early access to the Beta?
If you purchased Medal of Honor through Steam prior to July 26, 2011 cut-off, you are eligible for early access to the BF3 Beta. To view your key, go to Medal of Honor in your Steam library, and click the "CD KEY" link. Find the "Battlefield 3 Open Beta Early Access" code.

Battlefield 3 is delivered through EA's Origin application, which you can download from www.origin/com/download. Once you have Origin installed, launch it and log in with your Origin ID (this will be the same as your EA Account used in Medal of Honor). In Origin, click the "gear" icon in the top menu bar and then select "Redeem Product Code". After entering the code, the Beta will be ready to download in the "My Games" tab.

I pre-ordered Battlefield 3 PC (digital download version) on Origin. How do I get early access to the Beta?
You will receive an email with instructions on your early access. The cutoff date for qualifying for early access by pre-ordering on Origin is September 25.

Will my stats carry over from the Beta to the full game?
No. We are still fine tuning the ranking system and we don't want to give the Beta players an unfair advantage when the full game launches. You will keep your soldier name though.

What is Battlelog?
Battlelog is our free social platform that ties into Battlefield 3 and lets you socialize, track stats, plan your next game, and more: http://battlelog.battlefield.com

How do I change my in-game soldier name?
A key part of the Battlefield 3 experience is the social features and ranking provided by Battlelog. In order to keep things clear between your identity on Battlelog, your Origin friends list, and your in-game identity - the game uses your Origin ID as your soldier name. This ensures that the players you socialize with in Battlelog are identifiable in-game.

What are the differences between the Beta and the closed Alpha from July?
While not final software, the Beta is a closer to completion version of the game, with changes made based on discoveries during the Alpha trial. In addition, the Beta is available on PS3 and Xbox 360, open to everyone, and with 24/7 servers.

What do I get for participating in the Beta?
A preview of this year's best shooter, and the ability to contribute to its development. Also, participants in EA's Gun Club will receive a special badge recognizing their Beta participation.

How do I provide feedback or report bugs during the Beta?
We greatly appreciate your input. Please utilize the forums on http://battlelog.battlefield.com to provide your feedback for further development of the game.

Where can I find the latest info about the BF3 Beta?
We will continue to update this page as info and topics arise. You can also watch http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3 for more details as they become available.
 
Damn I preordered this yesterday, guess i have to wait to the 29th :(

Don't feel bad. I pre-ordered (physical) in July and only just yesterday found out the early access is for the download version. How I never noticed is a mystery... >.> :D:p
 
It really sucks that, according to that FAQ, that your origin name is the only name you can use for your soldier name in BF3.

I made my account name simple so I could remember it (firstname, MI, LI) and have it preordered under that name so it is too late to make a new account to get a new name in BF3.

I thought someone confirmed previously that you could change your name once within the game?
 
It really sucks that, according to that FAQ, that your origin name is the only name you can use for your soldier name in BF3.

I made my account name simple so I could remember it (firstname, MI, LI) and have it preordered under that name so it is too late to make a new account to get a new name in BF3.

I thought someone confirmed previously that you could change your name once within the game?

You can have multiple soldiers in Battlelog.
 
It really sucks that, according to that FAQ, that your origin name is the only name you can use for your soldier name in BF3.

I made my account name simple so I could remember it (firstname, MI, LI) and have it preordered under that name so it is too late to make a new account to get a new name in BF3.

I thought someone confirmed previously that you could change your name once within the game?

I'm pretty sure in-game you will be able to register a name just like bf2/bc2 - but it will be tied to your EA account.
 
everyone add me for BF3 action XdVeLoPeX on origin im considering buying a server for [H] members if I can get some donations. I believe someoen already made a thread about it not sure what the deal is!
 
Nice list of settings. I plan on starting out with all high settings. 4xAA 8xAF motion blur off (never been a fan of that effect) HBAO on at 1920x1200 and go from there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top