Is there a speculated time frame when this game is coming out?
Q4 2011, I'd guess early to mid December
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Is there a speculated time frame when this game is coming out?
I am excited too, but guys....Get a grip. Your talking about pre-ordering a game you have you've only seen a couple of seconds of gameplay from. These could be touched up pre renders for all we know(i'd be willing to bet actually). I cant wait for more vids, and I will say that this is encouraging.
I am excited too, but guys....Get a grip. Your talking about pre-ordering a game you have you've only seen a couple of seconds of gameplay from. These could be touched up pre renders for all we know(i'd be willing to bet actually). I cant wait for more vids, and I will say that this is encouraging.
Is there a speculated time frame when this game is coming out?
BF3 will be great, period. It will be the benchmark for online multiplayer shooters.
DICE have already tweeted that it is indeed actual in-game footage.
I'm convinced I'll get my monies worth.
I have a grip, fear not.
Let us forget that we're all jaded and dead inside for at least five minutes![]()
I am excited too, but guys....Get a grip. Your talking about pre-ordering a game you have you've only seen a couple of seconds of gameplay from. These could be touched up pre renders for all we know(i'd be willing to bet actually). I cant wait for more vids, and I will say that this is encouraging.
Im a battlefield fan, so ill buy it no matter what.
Ive owned every battlefield so far, and this one will be no different.
I'm so confident I will enjoy this game that I have pre-ordered the Limited Edition from Amazon UK for £29.99, £10 off RRP. So that's $48 converted. No $60 here
I've played BFBC2 and Vietnam for close to 450 hours so I reckon it'll be value for money !!
Every battlefield game since bf2 has had an extensive open-beta that generally takes place 6-8 weeks before the game launches, and it tends to last 2-4 weeks.Sad, I might spend the $40 for MOH just so I can get in on the BF3 beta. I hope Steam has a BF3 pre-order that includes the bonus BF2 stuff.
Ah shit, not Wake Island.Just kidding, I'll still play it.
Would've preferred Mastuur City or Kubra Dam in place of Wake Island.
Do they take your money today or on the day of release? I want to pre-order, but I have cash now and can't be sure I will be able to afford it on release - play.com wait until release to charge you. I'd love it if I could get a retail copy pre-ordered.
This is going to be my first pre order.
Ditto. I've never pre-ordered a game but I'm probably a BF f4nb0y. I hope there will be some sort of pre-order sale or bonus goo with a pre-order. I won't, however, get MoH to get into the BF3 beta. A guy's gotta feed his family at some point...![]()
They may want to keep the hud secret for trade reasons, or maybe they just aren't finished with it's final design so don't want to show the place holder, or just want to save it for later. If you are going to assume DICE and EA are lying, well there's no way to know for sure whether it's scripted or gameplay, I tend to believe it's exactly what they say, a gameplay debut.
I'm convinced I'll get my monies worth.
Trailer said fall of 2011.
Go DICE Go! lol just ordered the Limited Edition of MOH for the beta key! wanted MOH anyway, but free invite to the bf3 beta? fuck yeah im there!
Every battlefield game since bf2 has had an extensive open-beta that generally takes place 6-8 weeks before the game launches, and it tends to last 2-4 weeks.
I guess I'm the minority for liking Wake Island, but both of those maps were awesome too.
I really hope it is that great! I'm psyched too bro. But how can you make a claim like "it will be the benchmark for online shooters" just by seeing a couple moments of "gameplay". Not trying to be negative, just curious as to how you came to that conclusion based off of what we've seen so far.
I'm excited but I'm no the party pooper mood today and can't really believe that his teaser represents how this game will look like when I'm actually playing it. Looking at the graphics and the GPUs that we have right now I can't see even the best machines out there running it at avg 30fps.
Karkand, Sharqi, and Oman are fantastic maps. most of the time i spent playing BF2 was in Karkand.
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/19094653-post30.htmlWake Island AGAIN??!!! WTF!!!![]()
Anybody got their hands on the new GI? Went to gamestop today and read the whole 5-6 page preview.. It sounds amazing, and looks exactly like the video. (they showed ingame screens.)
The part that brought a grin to my face, was that when an explosive detonates, anything hit with the shock wave will also take damage. I.E. Windows shattering from the shock wave of an rpg through the side of a building. Attention to detail for the win!
Lets just hope it plays good.
Guys I'm super excited about this as much or more than anyone here but be realistic they aren't gonna release a game that will chug on any mid range rig let alone high end rigs. All this talk about building new rigs for bf3 and what not make me laugh really. This isn't 10 years ago. Hell it's not even 6 years ago when BF2 was released. They are not, I repeat NOT, going to make a game and alienate a shit ton of gamers with low to mid end gaming rigs just so those of us who find money as no object for our hobby can have a state of the art graphical experience heh. The game will look as good or better as BC2 (probably better) but it will run almost as good imo. Let's not forget it has to run on consoles as well. Yes, I know on a smaller scale and with less graphical detail but still the engine is the engine. Let's keep it in the proper perspective. You won't need an uberwtfpwnubbq rig to max the game out, trust me.
Guys I'm super excited about this as much or more than anyone here but be realistic they aren't gonna release a game that will chug on any mid range rig let alone high end rigs. All this talk about building new rigs for bf3 and what not make me laugh really. This isn't 10 years ago. Hell it's not even 6 years ago when BF2 was released. They are not, I repeat NOT, going to make a game and alienate a shit ton of gamers with low to mid end gaming rigs just so those of us who find money as no object for our hobby can have a state of the art graphical experience heh. The game will look as good or better as BC2 (probably better) but it will run almost as good imo. Let's not forget it has to run on consoles as well. Yes, I know on a smaller scale and with less graphical detail but still the engine is the engine. Let's keep it in the proper perspective. You won't need an uberwtfpwnubbq rig to max the game out, trust me.
don't dismiss the idea so quickly. Metro 2033 is a good example of what you're describing.
Guys I'm super excited about this as much or more than anyone here but be realistic they aren't gonna release a game that will chug on any mid range rig let alone high end rigs. All this talk about building new rigs for bf3 and what not make me laugh really. This isn't 10 years ago. Hell it's not even 6 years ago when BF2 was released. They are not, I repeat NOT, going to make a game and alienate a shit ton of gamers with low to mid end gaming rigs just so those of us who find money as no object for our hobby can have a state of the art graphical experience heh. The game will look as good or better as BC2 (probably better) but it will run almost as good imo. Let's not forget it has to run on consoles as well. Yes, I know on a smaller scale and with less graphical detail but still the engine is the engine. Let's keep it in the proper perspective. You won't need an uberwtfpwnubbq rig to max the game out, trust me.
This made me feel a little better. Hope you're right.