Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice find. anxious to see more gameplay footage. i don't think i've been this excited for a game, with it being so far from release, in a long time.

I know what you mean, it's easily my most anticipated multiplayer

I feel a hardware upgrade coming on!
 
Last edited:
That so kicks ass...

Of course, seeing this video and then realizing its not going to be out for another 6-7 months is depressing. Not complaining, I hope they take the time to make it perfect. Its just the anticipation increases tremendously from watching teaser videos like this.

**looks at clock**

...tick..tock.....tick......tock................tick........................................tock :rolleyes:
 
OMG! i think I just miscarried :eek:

There is so much action in those short seconds. I am going to freeze myself like cartman did for the nintendo wii.
 
Do you guys think those graphics are a whole generation beyond Bad Company 2?
 
i couldnt care less about realism
if everything was really realistic, you get killed or seriously injured in one shot... where the fun in that

just make the weapons fun, balanced, and not so noob friendly and ill be happy
 
Do you guys think those graphics are a whole generation beyond Bad Company 2?

It doesn't come down to opinion. Those graphics are the next generation (of Frostbite, at least).
If they don't meet your expectations, it's time to adjust your expectations... :)
 
I thought the graphics looked pretty darn good. Better than I was expecting actually. Can't wait to see some MP trailers!
 
I have not been filling a piggy bank for a gut-my-case hardware upgrade since...wow, I don't know when. UT2003 maybe?

Whoever has the best video cards, motherboards, processors, and monitors at that time gets all my money.

9k=
2Q==

9k=
 
Will my PC be able to run this? I know I need a new video card which I will upgrade just before the game comes out but ram processor good enough?
 
Will my PC be able to run this? I know I need a new video card which I will upgrade just before the game comes out but ram processor good enough?

Is it overclocked? I think at the stock 2.4GHz the Q6600 will have decent enough average FPS but the minimums might dip pretty low and make for gameplay that isn't smooth during heavy action, which is when you really need it most. If you have it at or over 3GHz I think you'll be good. At least I hope you will, because I've got mine at 3.2GHz and while I'd gladly upgrade for a real BF game I'd much rather be able to run it on my current spec. I run BC2 with plenty of performance to spare so even if BF2 is more demanding I think I'll be alright. Time will tell though. Certainly don't go upgrading until after you've tried it first.
 
wow. That looked freaking awesome. Wish I had a time machine.
 
Last edited:
Is it overclocked? I think at the stock 2.4GHz the Q6600 will have decent enough average FPS but the minimums might dip pretty low and make for gameplay that isn't smooth during heavy action, which is when you really need it most. If you have it at or over 3GHz I think you'll be good. At least I hope you will, because I've got mine at 3.2GHz and while I'd gladly upgrade for a real BF game I'd much rather be able to run it on my current spec. I run BC2 with plenty of performance to spare so even if BF2 is more demanding I think I'll be alright. Time will tell though. Certainly don't go upgrading until after you've tried it first.

Will I need a new Heatsink/fan to get it to 3ghz?
 
wow. That looked freaking awesome. Wish I had a time machine.

Well, you could probably have a coma induced on yourself, if you could find a doctor with questionable morals. Going forward in time is easy :-p
 
After watching that awesomeness i really cant help but think of the thread titled "Good Trailers Bad Games" Man i hope that's not the case here. :)

Game looks awesome i really think Dice is going to blow us away with this one. I am still loving BC2 and Vietnam they should be able to hold me over till Battlefield 3
 
Will my PC be able to run this? I know I need a new video card which I will upgrade just before the game comes out but ram processor good enough?

Wait until the game is out or preview at least. Upgrading for future is stupid.
 
Will I need a new Heatsink/fan to get it to 3ghz?

Better cooling may or may not be required depending on how much additional voltage you'll need to pump through to hit 3GHz, but it is ALWAYS recommended to go with a high quality HSF, especially when overclocking quad cores. Particularly older ones like the Q6600 that tend to run hotter than newer processors.
 
The animations make the graphics stand out. I don't expect mind blowing textures but the way the soldiers were breaking through doors, running, and getting gunned down, really stand out.
 
From the little that I can make out...the lighting looks the pretty damn good. Crawling along side at 0:22 looked the best I've ever seen. I've read that not only had Dice concentrated on the graphics but also the animations. I also look forward to when they release a trailer with more of the theme music.

I too look forward to upgrading.
 
Seeing your feet/arms/etc when jumping and bracing your fall... awesome.

I'm seriously going to need a bunch of extra buckets when this comes out.
 
People are posting like this is in game footage? Looks 100% staged, like cut scenes.
 
People are posting like this is in game footage? Looks 100% staged, like cut scenes.

That would be pretty strange for a video called, "gameplay debut"...I'm thinking more along the lines that the cut scenes (like the guy pointing at the map) are in-engine type cut scenes, and the other scenes are game play, otherwise DICE/EA are outright lying.
 
People are posting like this is in game footage? Looks 100% staged, like cut scenes.

from this source:

Stay tuned to BF3Source as the day goes on and we’ll keep you updated with any more news or developments that come to light! For those of you wondering whether this is real in-game footage or too good to be true, fear not – a QA tester for BF3 has confirmed on twitter that this is 100% real in-game footage, calling the trailer “not pre-rendered CG, it’s real-time rendered gameplay.”

Update: Daniel Matros (DICE community manager) has confirmed that the 32 player limit reported for consoles in Gamestar’s article yesterday is inaccurate: the player limit for consoles is still 24. He tweeted that “I haven’t seen the Gamestar article but the previously announced 24 in GI is correct.”

Update 2: It seems that the immensely popular Battlefield 2 map (featured in the BF2 demo) Gulf of Oman will be one of the 4 maps in the Back to Karkand expansion DLC, making it and Karkand the two maps we have confirmed as returning so far. You’ll see it’s mentioned in this scan of Gamestar that talks about the DLC. Oman was an obvious choice, but it’s nice to know officially that it will be included!

whether it's accurate or not remains to be seen, but i'd like to believe it's actual gameplay footage.
 
People are posting like this is in game footage? Looks 100% staged, like cut scenes.

Didn't strike me as cut scenes. More like parts of the single player campaign. Probably scripted, but still happening in real time with you in control of your character.

Think this:


Rather than this:


Of course, I could be wrong. They very well could be cut scenes (though they lacked the feel of cinematic cut scenes, and EA is promoting the video as game play footage). But there is a bright side to that. Dice tends to use in game graphics for cut scenes with little to no extra polish. Basically, their cut scenes look exactly like the game play. For example:

In game:


Cut scene:


No real visual difference between the two, so at the very least we know what the graphics quality is going to be like... but I'm still pretty sure we are seeing real time game play events taking place in the video, scripted or not, rather than pre-rendered cut scenes.

And it looks good. Of course, it's hard to tell anything from a couple seconds of footage.
 
Didn't strike me as cut scenes. More like parts of the single player campaign. Probably scripted, but still happening in real time with you in control of your character.

Think this:


Rather than this:


Of course, I could be wrong. They very well could be cut scenes (though they lacked the feel of cinematic cut scenes, and EA is promoting the video as game play footage). But there is a bright side to that. Dice tends to use in game graphics for cut scenes with little to no extra polish. Basically, their cut scenes look exactly like the game play. For example:

In game:


Cut scene:


No real visual difference between the two, so at the very least we know what the graphics quality is going to be like... but I'm still pretty sure we are seeing real time game play events taking place in the video, scripted or not, rather than pre-rendered cut scenes.

And it looks good. Of course, it's hard to tell anything from a couple seconds of footage.
the shots from the german mag have a hud in them. why leave the hud in if its just cut scenes?
 
This looks awsome???? Looks like the same ol crap to me.

The graphics do look pretty dang awesome to me.

BF3 will probably play the same as BF2 though.

I for one haven't been that impressed with BF series gameplay since the original.

Capturing flagpoles just doesn't have the same strategic depth as some other team based FPS.

I'm really looking forward to Brink, but am willing to give BF3 a shot if it innovates the formula a bit.
 
From what little you can make out it looks good so far, hopefully they will fix some of the areas where BC2 is lacking such as it being a bit consolized still and lacking any real dynamic lights, in fact having pretty bad lighting in genral. But keep the good things, the weapon handling with bullet drop and bullet travel time, expand out the destruction and size to 64 players, put prone back in.

Man...I think I'm leaking, time to go clean up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top