Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Err.. anybodies Dead Space 2 not working? Says its been activated by another account... I have it on my Origin games tab too...

I've talked to about 3-4 different Origin Chat Support.. they said its a known issue and its an internal problem that will need to be fixed.. all I need to do is wait.. or is that false?

I haven't heard about it. I'd like to double check on my end, though. If it already works then it's a moot point.

I basically have the same issue as Refraxion...I contacted Origin Live Chat support and got new keys but they all say it's activated under another account. :(

My DS2 game will NOT work. I waited on hold for like 45min to get them, and they gave me a new key, I uninstalled, redownloaded and installed, activated new key, same fn error

"another account has already been activated with this key"

argh!! same error with two keys!! I don't want to wait in line again w.them *cry*

I wish Origin let me launch Tiger Woods Online from it.

And if there's any more free games or EA games I can link through Origin, I'm all over it. EA has done alright with it so far.

FIFA 12 plz :p

I got Dead Space 2 to activate but I can not change the resolution in game. It starts at 1024x768 and if I change it to anything else the screen is black and nothing happens but I can still hear the UI sound effects. Hella lame, not in the mood for this.

That guy from Origin support named Brandon is pretty helpful. He helpd me with some other stuff a week back and was very helpful.

For anyone else having trouble, ask for Brandon, lol.

For anyone else having trouble, ask for Brandon, lol.

An Origin support representative has entered the chat
Kyle: Thank you for contacting Origin Help. My name is Kyle. How may I assist you today?
You: yeah...uhh....hey is Brandon around?

Many Live Chat names are place holders that anyone can use.
This could be the case with Origin. They choose friendly names that people are comfortable with.

So if i preorder the game from origin is it a digital download? will i get access to beta sooner?

antok86, you can choose either a physical or digital purchase if you pre-order from Origin, depending on where you order from. If you use the website, http://store.origin.com you can choose either the physical or digital. If you use the Origin client, it will be the digital version. Either way, you will have access to the 48-hour window.

Anyone else still having issues with Dead Space 2? Can't log in to my EA account when I open up the game says the key is activated under another account.

My Origin ID is MarkJWilson.

Question, does BF3 have built in mic support? Or will I need to use vent or whatever the flavor of the month is?

Question, does BF3 have built in mic support? Or will I need to use vent or whatever the flavor of the month is?

If I recall they had VOIP in the alpha so im pretty sure itll be in gold release.

antok86, you can choose either a physical or digital purchase if you pre-order from Origin, depending on where you order from. If you use the website, http://store.origin.com you can choose either the physical or digital. If you use the Origin client, it will be the digital version. Either way, you will have access to the 48-hour window.

how is everybody pre-ordering? how is the origin client is it like steam?

how is everybody pre-ordering? how is the origin client is it like steam?

yeah the Origin client is exactly like steam, with a Store tab and a My Games tab. i pre-ordered through the Origin client and you're given all the usual payment options: Paypal, enter a CC number, etc. it was quick and painless for me just like steam.

yeah the Origin client is exactly like steam, with a Store tab and a My Games tab. i pre-ordered through the Origin client and you're given all the usual payment options: Paypal, enter a CC number, etc. it was quick and painless for me just like steam.

I wonder if there will be insanely slow speeds, server crashes, and God knows what else like what still tends to happen to Steam on days where one or more big time releases comes out?

Or since this is a newer venture, even worse?

Somehow I see a lot of angst and frustration happening in that first week or so this game comes out. Some will be Origin related and the rest will be the "traditional" EA/Dice server screw ups and glitches.

Nothing would make me happier than to end up being 100 percent wrong on my predictions.

Q-BZ, if there's insanely slow speeds then that has to do with our CDN provider and not us. We use a cloud based CDN, like Steam and others. When the Amazon AWS servers went down, we like half of Silicon Valley were affected. It was not fun.

Q-BZ, if there's insanely slow speeds then that has to do with our CDN provider and not us. We use a cloud based CDN, like Steam and others. When the Amazon AWS servers went down, we like half of Silicon Valley were affected. It was not fun.

Indeed.

Origin lets you pre-load just like Steam, so regardless of speed pretty much everyone who pre-ordered should have the game downloaded by release day.

try to guess which screenshot is PC :D

these are both screencaps from "720p" youtube video

2.jpg

1.jpg

try to guess which screenshot is PC :D

these are both screencaps from "720p" youtube video

[*IMG]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h39/Snip3rMaN/2.jpg[/IMG]

[*IMG]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h39/Snip3rMaN/1.jpg[/IMG]

Not that blown-up jpg compressed shots like those matter much, but the bottom one is obviously the PC... better texture resolution, ground clutter is denser, soft shadowing, etc. It's pretty obvious even with those horrible shots.

they are bad screens. but i dont have a final product to take better screens of. even though they look like crap, you can obviously tell wich picture is the PC screenshot. it was a very quick test.

Last edited:
I got Dead Space 2 to activate but I can not change the resolution in game. It starts at 1024x768 and if I change it to anything else the screen is black and nothing happens but I can still hear the UI sound effects. Hella lame, not in the mood for this.

Same thing happened for me. Just hit enter or escape and when it loads the next menu screen it works fine. It took me like 20 minutes to figure that out but I'm set at Very High at 1900x1200 with v-sync off and the game looks great.

Same thing happened for me. Just hit enter or escape and when it loads the next menu screen it works fine. It took me like 20 minutes to figure that out but I'm set at Very High at 1900x1200 with v-sync off and the game looks great.

You are my hero.

For the alpha voip was built into the Battlelog. I don't know if that's how it will be on release and I didn't get to play with it to tell whether it was good or bad, but it was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back