Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i haven't seen anything saying the beta will be released tonight. there's been a lot of sarcastic bullshit flung around in this thread, so make sure you're not falling into that.
 
well, after further talking with "Level 2" chat, they went ahead and credited DS2 to my account. though i can't verify this at the moment since i do not have the Origin Client installed on my work machine.
 
well, after further talking with "Level 2" chat, they went ahead and credited DS2 to my account. though i can't verify this at the moment since i do not have the Origin Client installed on my work machine.

Enjoy it, one of the few games lately I felt compelled to play through all the way to the finish ASAP.
 
Gotta love whatever manager made that genius call. "No, we won't take 30 seconds to credit your account; but we will take 5-10 minutes of your AND our time to cancel it and re-order it to arrive at the same exact place!"

Maybe it shows up differently on the accounting side depending on which route of action they take?
 
It's fixed now. The promotion is only good for orders made from today through Monday the 19th, that use that page. If you already made a pre-order prior to today you can cancel it and re-order it using the promotional page and clicking on that button, as a couple of others have done already.
 
I was able to contact Origin Live Chat and they credited my account with Dead Space 2 inside 5 minutes. Before you cancel your pre-order go to the Origin website and ask someone in live chat.
 
I used a 25% off coupon on the game, are you telling me I have to cancel (losin my coupon) to get this promotion?

.....…….......
 
I just did Origin Live Support and got Dead Space 2 added to my account for free. Took maybe 5 minutes.

That's on top of talking them into giving me 20% off my BF3 pre-order in the first place. So all told I got quite the deal on BF3 and I'm very pleased/surprised at how Origin has been conducting themselves.

I'm still very much a Steam fanboy, but Origin certainly tastes pretty sweet right now.
 
I used a 25% off coupon on the game, are you telling me I have to cancel (losin my coupon) to get this promotion?

.....…….......

Log in to Origin or use the website and do Live Chat. I didn't need to cancel, thus keeping my 20% off coupon valid even though the DS2 offer clearly states that you can't use other promotions/coupons.
 
What did you guys say to get the DS2 credited? My friend did the live chat on Origin and was denied. And Offspring just said to get it, you have to cancel your order and re order. And also my friend has a 20% off on his BF3 so if he cancelled and re ordered im guessing he would lose that.
 
I said that I wasn't properly credited with Dead Space 2 and that I pre-ordered last week. Perhaps because I did it last week and not last month they gave me the credit.

So maybe your friend just wasn't able to take advantage of the deal for that reason.
 
Worked for me by chatting with them. Said the following:



He asked for my order number and added it without hesitation :)

That sucks for my friend, cause he said the same thing and was asked for his order number, gave it, and was told he bought it outside the window of blah blah blah. However like Offspring said this DS2 combo started today, and i presume you didnt buy your BF3 today, so i dont get it lol. It sucks how some reps do things and other reps dont.
 
I'd keep trying. My rep was Brandon.

All I said was that I already pre-ordered BF3 digital through Origin and was hoping I could retroactively take advantage of the current promotion for a free copy of DS2 since I enjoyed DS so much. He asked for my order number, I gave it to him and he added it to my games after a minute or two. No fuss, no muss.
 
Hello, I recently preordered Battlefield 3 and it appears you have a new promotion going on that includes Dead Space 2 for free for BF3 preorders (http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbPage.bf3promo/). Is there any way I can also get Dead Space 2 for my preorder?

I copy & pasted this into my CS chat session with Jacob and he added DS2 to my Orgin account. Took him a good 15 minutes.

edit: End of work day.. brain is tired
 
Last edited:
I pre ordered the physical copy and managed to get DS2 credited to my account. Thanks guys.
 
Just preordered a game for the first time in my life. BF3 Beta and Dead Space 2? Yes please.
 
:)

DS2.png
 
So far 5 reps... all refusing to add Dead space 2.. all saying to cancel preorder and reordering it to get DS2. :(
 
Err.. anybodies Dead Space 2 not working? Says its been activated by another account... I have it on my Origin games tab too...
 
Sorry, doesn't make sense..

I asked if the 20% coupon applied on my prepurchase work again (if they cancelled my current preorder and I ordered again), they confirmed it wouldnt. :(

What I meant is try to get a replacement coupon instead of the original one.
Tomorrow you could have better luck.
 
To share my experience... after 5+ attempts, I finally pushed them further linking them to the Twitter regarding the DS2 offer..

=====
ME:: Hi
ME:: I recently preordered Battlefield 3 and it appears you have a new promotion going on that includes Dead Space 2 for free for BF3 preorders (http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbPage.bf3promo/). Is there any way I can also get Dead Space 2 for my preorder?

[EA REP]: [ME] may I know when you pre-ordered your BF3?
ME:: a few days ago
[EA REP]: [ME] I would like to inform you that only those customers will get Dead Space 2, who will pre-order it from today onwards.
[EA REP]: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
ME:: I still purchased it before 19th September though? Look at this message on twitter, it says if you purchase before 19th September "Pre-order your #BF3 digital download on Origin before the 19th and get Dead Space 2 for free - limited quantities! "
ME:: http://twitter.com/#!/Battlefield/status/114753221414764545
ME:: It says nothing about having to purchase the preorder from today.
[EA REP]: Please try to understand the customers who will pre-order from today onwards will get the Dead Space 2.
ME:: Well if you read the twitter from an official EA employeee
ME:: They say otherwise.
[EA REP]: [ME] I would like to inform you that currently we don't have any updates regarding this. You could contact our official web site for this.
ME:: You are the official support for EA?
ME:: I would like this escalated to your level 2 support, thank you
[EA REP]: This issue is not to dealt with Level 2, if you still have the query then please get in touch with the forum.
ME:: You are the official support team for EA
ME:: Forums told me to come here.
[EA REP]: Okay, may I have your EA email account?
ME:: X@gmail.com
[EA REP]: Allow me few moments while I give you the digital version of the game, for the time being please logout from Origin.
ME:: Done, thank you
[EA REP]: [ME] now please login in to Origin, you will be able to download the game?
[EA REP]: **game.
[EA REP]: Please go login & try to download it and then let me know.
ME:: Yes.. it is there now
ME:: I greatly appreciate your help today [EA REP]
ME:: thank you for your time and I hope you have a great day or evening
[EA REP]: It was my pleasure to assist you today. I would appreciate if you could take some time to fill out the survey that you would receive in your email within next 24 hours. We are consistently working on improvement of our services and your feedback will definitely be a great help.
ME:: Yes, I will most definitely leave good feedback of you with great praise
ME:: thank you again [EA REP]!
[EA REP]: It was nice talking to you and I am happy that I was able to resolve your issue. I’m glad that we were able to assist you with your issue. Happy Gaming!
 
Well, i signed in with my friends account (who tried to get DS2 and was turned down) and after waiting a while, i got "Brandon" and i copy and pasted this "Hello, I recently preordered Battlefield 3 and it appears you have a new promotion going on that includes Dead Space 2 for free for BF3 preorders (http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbPage.bf3promo/). Is there any way I can also get Dead Space 2 for my preorder?"
He said no problem, gave him my friends Order # and a minute later the game was in his library.
 
Well, i signed in with my friends account (who tried to get DS2 and was turned down) and after waiting a while, i got "Brandon" and i copy and pasted this "Hello, I recently preordered Battlefield 3 and it appears you have a new promotion going on that includes Dead Space 2 for free for BF3 preorders (http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbPage.bf3promo/). Is there any way I can also get Dead Space 2 for my preorder?"
He said no problem, gave him my friends Order # and a minute later the game was in his library.
BAM! :D

This Brandon fellow deserves a pat on the back :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top