Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes you've caught onto my ruse congrats

i might still have parts from the pentium 2 that ran diablo 2 please feel free to leave your address so i can crate over some stuff along with some earthlink cd's so you can find out what you've been missing out on with that obviously antiquated and in no way permanently internet connected hardware of yours.

and yes a long time battlefield fan honestly ran out because SP was the first thing to spring to mind when thinking about the hot new game since it was fucking slick as all hell in the games before the bad company title. nevermind that they made the jump on an entirely different platform with a deliberately separate branding.

you can enjoy complaining about how EA is trying to fuck you because your internet totally might cut out if the planets align leaving you completely and utterly shit out of luck with your brand new game and that you have to log into their service to actually use something that makes use of their service blah blah so on and so forth. or you can try being sane. either one works.

Last edited:
Yes because having a permanent internet connection really adds so much to an SP campaign. Grow a brain and try to think laterally troll rather than simply bending over for your corporate overlords.

And like I said before, whether SP or MP is the primary aspect of the game has ZERO to do with this issue. Convince yourself as much as you want, but it really is just bullshit rationalisations you are spewing to justify another bullshit form of DRM. You may be okay with that....I'm not. Deal with it.

then don't buy it. it has coop so I was making a guess that it might have some drop in / out functionality, hence a reason for origin to exist in the SP.

but i can manage typing in my email address / password before playing my game and potentially never doing it again after checking the remember me box. it took about a combined total of 8 seconds to go from web browser to in game in alpha so if that's SOUL CRUSHING DRM at work then have fun

it's literally one thing or another with games now.

BF3 ALPHA
FUCK DICE / EA IS SHAFTING US AGAIN CON$$$OLES NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE FUCK GAME MAY AS WELL BE GOLD
ughghhg console idiot recoil -> changed
retarded spotting -> changed
it said clip instead of magazine -> changed
health system -> changed
weapon balance -> changed
5000 other things -> changed

i'm surprised people aren't bitching about the random wall texture that somehow got updated between initial PC footage and PS3 version later shown. being the tech enthusiasts that we are, it's only natural to get excited about games that drag framerates for $600 video cards down into the single digits GRRR WAIT WHAT WE MUST FIGHT FOR WHAT IS RIGHT IT IS TIME TO TAKE A STAND AGAINST ANYTHING THAT ACTUALLY DARES TO EXPECT A PERMANENT INTERNET CONNECTION WHY WOULD I OR ANYONE ELSE HAVE THAT ON A COMPUTER THAT CAN ACTUALLY RUN THE GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE???

honestly it astounds me.

Last edited:
because he's probably smart enough to ignore loaded questions like this

someone will find something to blow out of proportion, one way or another. doesn't matter that the absolute vast majority of BF players play it as a MP title and spend 99.9% of their time there. just like the retarded fucking diablo 3 thing, it's just looking to stir shit.

Actually, it can be an important question. I didnt by Assassins Creed 2 for this reason. I didn't have an internet connection for about a year (deployed). I did play a ton of BF2 with some others lanned up however. Because it runs on even crappy laptops, and needs no online authentication. Lots and lots of service members deployed have laptops, and are gamers. Unless you are on a very large base (Dwyer in Afghan) you arent going to get internet in your dwelling area.

God you apologists are funny, never thinking any further than your own self gratification regardless of how much that propels the industry down a path that will completely erode everyone's rights as consumers. I never thought I would see the day when people would openly defend online DRM for SP campaigns.

Last edited:
God you apologists are funny, never thinking any further than your own self gratification regardless of how much that propels the industry down a path that will completely erode everyone's rights as consumers. I never thought I would see the day when people would openly defend online DRM for SP campaigns.

i had to start half life 2 from steam when i bought it valve is eroding my rights help

who the fuck has ever seriously ran out to the store on release day, eager to crack open a copy of their new battlefield game and dive right into killing some bots alone?

playing D2 offline was dumb 11 years ago and OVER ONE DECADE LATER it's still an issue? please get fucking real.

100 percent agreed... I never heard of someone playing diablo 2 offline until these bf3 threads rofl.

Why aren't you chiding valve? They started the trend with steam. I have seen you defend them plenty though!

Why aren't you chiding valve? They started the trend with steam. I have seen you defend them plenty though!

Offline mode is your friend :rolleyes:

And believe it or not, I buy nearly all of my games on physical medium and then add them to the steam overlay. The only time I buy games on steam is when they are insanely cheap.

Hence the reason why publishers think they can walk all over consumers....but I am sure you do not give a shit about the erosion of gaming as a hobby as long you get to revel in immediate self gratification. At the rate we are going it won't be too long before gaming turns in a streaming rental service where users own and control nothing.

We are already there. Sorry. :p

I think the many people who are upset, realize this is a situation they can't avoid if they want to play BF3.
Their options to protest or boycott will be futile, so complaining on forums until launch is their only place to vent their frustration.

We are already there. Sorry. :p

I think the many people who are upset, realize this is a situation they can't avoid if they want to play BF3.
Their options to protest or boycott will be futile, so complaining on forums until launch is their only place to vent their frustration.

That may be true to some extent, but simply sitting by silently and not saying anything sends the message that people think that this is acceptable.

Besides, there are plenty examples in recent history where public backlash from gamers has caused publishers to back down to a more reasonable position.

100 percent agreed... I never heard of someone playing diablo 2 offline until these bf3 threads rofl.

+1

I remember playing Diablo2 on my extremely home brew watercooled Pentium system 10 years ago. It was the only game I could really play online via 28.8kbps modem (all we had out the in the woods)

Singleplayer Diablo 2? Never even fathomed that till people started bitching about it here.

I can't wait for BF3 - preordered through origin yesterday to get early access to the beta. So wished I could have gotten in on the 20% off + free Dead Space 2 but I wasn't part of the Alpha test group.

Oh well

I hate to tell you guys this but I believe that BF3 needs quite a bit of polish before its release date.

At the moment BF3 is over hyped. I do believe it will be better than anything COD wise.

The surprise shooter I am waiting for is RAGE.

But like I said don't be surprised with some 7-8 of 10s review scores for BF3.

The fact that it's the only war game out there that let's you fly, drive, and run around as freely as your able to warrants a 7-8 by itself. Combined with what will be critically acclaimed sound/graphics, this game will score a ton of 90+ review scores imo. I also think bugs will be overlooked by reviewers unless they are consistent game breakers. The main fail point I could see resulting in that would be too high an initial load on server browser causing people to get slow logins to the server browser or nothing at all...that would be devastating...really hope they are prepared for the load this time around.

Contrary to what you might think, I don't see BF3 as being the end all be all awesomest game ever...but it's gonna be good...and most game reviewers are influenced easily by money or retarded fanboys.

The fact that it's the only war game out there that let's you fly, drive, and run around as freely as your able to warrants a 7-8 by itself. Combined with what will be critically acclaimed sound/graphics, this game will score a ton of 90+ review scores imo. I also think bugs will be overlooked by reviewers unless they are consistent game breakers. The main fail point I could see resulting in that would be too high an initial load on server browser causing people to get slow logins to the server browser or nothing at all...that would be devastating...really hope they are prepared for the load this time around.

Contrary to what you might think, I don't see BF3 as being the end all be all awesomest game ever...but it's gonna be good...and most game reviewers are influenced easily by money or retarded fanboys.

Have you played the game? I have.

Good for you?

Not sure what your trying to get at but if your talking about the Alpha, then yes i participated in it. If your trying to say that your a magic special boy that somehow got access to the final version, then congratulations, that doesn't add or take away from what I was saying that you quoted.

Now if you'd like to elaborate with full thoughts and something that would add to the conversation then by all means do so, otherwise, your just another troll that SHOULD go elsewhere, but most likely wont.

You played an Alpha with 1 map, limited to 1 game mode without 64 player support and a lack of vehicles and weapons. Sorry to burst your bubble but you're not an authority on the matter.

As far as DRM, I wonder how many of the people bitching actually disconnect their PC from the net every time the play a SP game. I'm willing to bet the number is no more than a big fat 0. So yeah, get the fuck over it.

I hate to tell you guys this but I believe that BF3 needs quite a bit of polish before its release date.

At the moment BF3 is over hyped. I do believe it will be better than anything COD wise.

The surprise shooter I am waiting for is RAGE.

But like I said don't be surprised with some 7-8 of 10s review scores for BF3.

Hate to break it to you but I do know someone that is playing the final (not alpha) build of RAGE and he told me it's boring as shit. So there goes your surprise shooter.

Hate to break it to you but I do know someone that is playing the final (not alpha) build of RAGE and he told me it's boring as shit. So there goes your surprise shooter.

I Watched them play it for 45 minutes at Pax East and I can imagine this. The visuals are amazing but the gameplay looks boring.

Thats all iv heard from reviews and the like. Its first teasers and what not got everyone excited but once people/pro's started trying it, they said the shooting was boring and you expected it to be a Fallout style game with dialog etc but it isnt. its a shooter. Im not impressed. BF3 will most definitely be 9's and higher. Id be shocked if BF3 got a 8 from anyone (even though a 8 is very respectable). Dont get me wrong, not everyones game is a realistic military shooter, but for what it is/trying to be, it achieves it in the Alpha alone 85% of the way, if the alpha was 64 player and the other essential BF3 qualities it would have been 90% of the way, and thats just one map (hell a console style map/mode type). Can you imagine a huge open conquest map with 64 players? 95% minimum.

Still havent recieved the 25% off all shooters promo code for signing up to the EA Gun Club, however i sent a email yesterday (chat was down) to EA customer service and just got a reply with a 20% any game code.

Good for you?

Not sure what your trying to get at but if your talking about the Alpha, then yes i participated in it. If your trying to say that your a magic special boy that somehow got access to the final version, then congratulations, that doesn't add or take away from what I was saying that you quoted.

Now if you'd like to elaborate with full thoughts and something that would add to the conversation then by all means do so, otherwise, your just another troll that SHOULD go elsewhere, but most likely wont.

Didn't mean to offend you. No clue why you are so upset. We are about 2 months away from release.

I cant elaborate with full thoughts for obvious reasons. I will say though that even with all the polish etc I do not think it will live up to the hype, but it will still be a good game and I will buy it.

Still havent recieved the 25% off all shooters promo code for signing up to the EA Gun Club, however i sent a email yesterday (chat was down) to EA customer service and just got a reply with a 20% any game code.

Dang nice... I didn't get a code either, think I will email them. Edit.... How did you find the email? I don't see one on the support site.

Last edited:
Woot! Finally got my pre-order. My G/F went into Gamestop the other day and pre-ordered the PC version for my birthday (in October) then handed me the receipt. Damn she's awesome.:D

Dang nice... I didn't get a code either, think I will email them. Edit.... How did you find the email? I don't see one on the support site.

Go to EA.com, click on "Help", sign in then your page should come up (on the left there is "My Stuff, Support Links, EA Links" Under support links choose contact us, fill out all the stuff then choose Email.

That may be true to some extent, but simply sitting by silently and not saying anything sends the message that people think that this is acceptable.

Besides, there are plenty examples in recent history where public backlash from gamers has caused publishers to back down to a more reasonable position.

Yes, but...this is a rare moment when two distribution companies are at odds.
I can understand a company changing their own methods, but in this case, two companies have to change their methods to work with each other.

Not easy.

Thats all iv heard from reviews and the like. Its first teasers and what not got everyone excited but once people/pro's started trying it, they said the shooting was boring and you expected it to be a Fallout style game with dialog etc but it isnt.

I didn't take RAGE seriously from the beginning. Seems like a waste of good money.
There's nothing gameplay wise that sparked my interest.

Go to EA.com, click on "Help", sign in then your page should come up (on the left there is "My Stuff, Support Links, EA Links" Under support links choose contact us, fill out all the stuff then choose Email.

Thanks, found it :). Hopefully I can get something back...

Last edited:
Yes, but...this is a rare moment when two distribution companies are at odds.
I can understand a company changing their own methods, but in this case, two companies have to change their methods to work with each other.

Not easy.

I didn't take RAGE seriously from the beginning. Seems like a waste of good money.
There's nothing gameplay wise that sparked my interest.

I did at first, it has some really cool features. Its landscape is not generated, supposedly every mountain and crevice is hand designed (but its all so brown. The boomerang tri-knife thing is cool and if thrown at you, you can in real time dodge it is awesome. But i think its biggest pitfall is that it isnt like fallout. Everyone saw this game and thought awesome, then learned theres no RPG aspects and everyone lost interest.

Thanks, found it :). Hopefully I can get something back...
No problem, and i dont think it will be a problem. They were totally happy sending me the 20% off promo. I just said "hey i signed up for EA GunClub and didnt receive the 25% promo, why? Can i get it?" They said sorry, heres a 20% off promo code good for everything on EA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back