Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

I've enjoyed the expansion so far.

Wake does seem unbalanced, but a group of my friends and I had tons of fun destroying all of the air whores with SOFLAM + 2 Javelin launchers. Tons of lols on that one.

Times like that you wish they didn't nerf the IRNV eh? The lighting contrast from the HDR in Karkand makes it really easy to camp.
Karkand needs to be more yellow like the original :p

Just unlocked the FAMAS, god the iron sights on this thing suck.

A few questions:

1. Do you still keep the points you earn if you leave the game early?

2. Do your AT mines stay after you have died?

This pretty much sums up my couple of hours so far playing Karkand expansion: experiencing typical DICE pathetic spawn point placement out in the open so you die instantly when you spawn, 3/4 of the team being noobs in the hills sniping/camping the entire game and a few in overpowered helicopters base raping the other team.

A few questions:

2. Do your AT mines stay after you have died?
1. Yes. I've noticed that the round shows up on your Battlelog even if you leave early; sometimes I leave early and then I get a blip on Battlelog half an hour later, indicating that the round has ended and that I got credit for it.

2. Not sure about AT mines, but I know Claymores do as I've gotten kills with them long after I died, so I would imagine that AT mines behave the same way.

The game doesn't show up in your game history but i've noticed that i keep my unlocks no matter what.

You're always connected to the EA server so you're constantly updating it. The moment you lose connection to EA, you get dropped out of the game even tho you've got a good connection to the game server.

The game doesn't show up in your game history but i've noticed that i keep my unlocks no matter what.

You're always connected to the EA server so you're constantly updating it. The moment you lose connection to EA, you get dropped out of the game even tho you've got a good connection to the game server.
It does, at least if you leave Battlelog open on your internet browser. I've left games halfway through and have gotten credit for them.

Probably because, depending on the gun, it takes a LOT of shots to kill someone. I had a guy run around the corner, literally 3 feet from me and I unloaded with the UMP point blank...somehow he still managed to kill me in two shots. Complete bullshit like that makes me want to punch through my monitor. :mad:

congrats on missing, the UMP does 25 damage up close

as in there's a 1 shot difference between HC and regular at that range

I've been watching videos of the new maps, and they really do highlight just how anti-Battlefield most of the stock BF3 maps like Operation Metro truly are. Even the Rush map of Strike At Karkand looks very flank-friendly and more open than Conquest-mode Metro.

L85 needs 5 SDM wins... First game I got in with 3 full clan squads, and me being alone in the last squad. Next game, I got banned or kicked by admin for using an LAV when there was no rule not to. Probably because I wiped his whole squad.

Seriously... 5 SDM wins..?

Finally made the switch from shitty C2Q to uber 2500k (24/7 4.5ghz rock stable thanks to corsair h100 http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/371/tj07c.jpg ) it was soooooo worth it :D , now that i got double the ram and a much faster drive for windows + bf3 ( ocz vertex 3 60gb ) loading times are really low, before it was almost unbearable, my caviar black was being accessed constantly after a few map loads due to page file swapping( 8gb ram - look mom !! no page file :D ) , causing hitching during gunfights and even slower loading for the next maps ! actually i never happened to see the round countdown back in november, even when i was playing the same map for a second round !

Framerate got a really healthy boost as expected, managed to play some caspian border 64p at 1680 * 1050 in the morning before work ( 2x MSAA 8x AF high details - texture quality : ultra
- post AA :low ) minfps was 62 and average 70-80, gameplay felt really smooth and responsive since there's no input lag now, haven't played the B2K maps yet but i'm sure they will awesome, heck i still haven't got enough of the stock maps anyway, i'm lvl 27 - 30hrs atm

Karkand needs to be more yellow like the original :p

Just unlocked the FAMAS, god the iron sights on this thing suck.

Horrible. You lose basically half your screen by those sights. Once you get the ACOG though, it's a pretty good gun. The reload feels slightly long though.

I do not get the decision why DICE used a G36K with iron sights instead of its real-life counter-part which has a built-in optic :(

Still amazed this guy posts in this thread actually.

He's an admitted hacker - he's come out and admitted paying for the hack "for educational purposes" then the hack provider came on here and busted him telling us all he's loaded it several times.

So when he's not hacking he's quitting the game cuz of this reason or that reason or some other reason.

Amazing really.

It,s full of BS your accussation, good thing I don't have your real name. coward
Where is the post I admin to hack, I said I register to this forum, it's the moderator of this forum who said I use it and I load it. I play only 1 hour the week he said I load it, go check my syats.

You call this hack....lol, it's not even close to a hack, it's just cheater that load a piece of software.

What's with DICE and putting big ass honkin scopes on weapons that can't use big ass scopes? I really need a 10x on my MP5 lemme tell u, or MG36 LOL

What's with DICE and putting big ass honkin scopes on weapons that can't use big ass scopes? I really need a 10x on my MP5 lemme tell u, or MG36 LOL

Its actually kind of realistic in that, if the weapon has a rail system compatible with a scope then it can be used on the weapon. Now, is it realistic to think someone would actually do that in real life? No, of course not, but its nice to have the choice.

There any fix for the soflam aiming sensitivity? I remember a couple patches ago it was fine but now it feels like trying to turn a rusty wheel.

Also is it just me or is piloting a transport helicopter not rewarded? Even when being awesome and your gunners get 20+ kills the pilot only ends up getting 400-600 points. All the other vehicles have some kind of medal to boost their scores up. It makes me sad because I enjoy piloting the transport helis but when I end the round with 1500 points total and everyone else is at 5k it really bums me out. Obviously the team ends up winning because of it but it's still rather discouraging.

There any fix for the soflam aiming sensitivity? I remember a couple patches ago it was fine but now it feels like trying to turn a rusty wheel.

Out of curiosity, are you laying prone when you try to turn the soflam? You do turn slower when laying prone, I wonder if that would have an effect.

It,s full of BS your accussation, good thing I don't have your real name. coward
Where is the post I admin to hack, I said I register to this forum, it's the moderator of this forum who said I use it and I load it. I play only 1 hour the week he said I load it, go check my syats.

You call this hack....lol, it's not even close to a hack, it's just cheater that load a piece of software.

LOL!!!! Dude relax he's not accusing you of anything...that isn't true. Even if you had his real name what are you going to do? I just read that part of the thread...the guy who provided the hack came here and personally said you used it. "Educational purposes" ...ROFL?

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1038130355&postcount=9225

That's like the old, "..yeah I subscribe to playboy for the articles..." line. I guess this all ties in with the second account you acquired and using your son as a spy on the other team bit...

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Horrible. You lose basically half your screen by those sights. Once you get the ACOG though, it's a pretty good gun. The reload feels slightly long though.

I could not see anything at all using the iron sights. I guess I'll just have to spray and pray until I get a scope and the gun becomes usable.

Strike at Karkand should be renamed, strike at camperfest. That's all the enemy team will do. Snipers on every roof top, every corridor, every turn. Really stupid because there are 1000 different spots to camp. By the time you try to scan the area for enemies, you get spotted and dropped. It was never that bad in BF2. Prepare to have everybody using a silencer.

Bring back the COMMANDER! That would solve the whole camp fest.

LMFAO did you guys know you can drive the bobcats on Oman?

I was thinking to my self how fun it would be to run someone over with it, and walked up to it. To my surprise it said press E to get in!! giggled like a little school girl.

Just Thought Id share.

LMFAO did you guys know you can drive the bobcats on Oman?

I was thinking to my self how fun it would be to run someone over with it, and walked up to it. To my surprise it said press E to get in!! giggled like a little school girl.

Just Thought Id share.

yeah it's good fun. you can also have up to 2 teammates ride along with you. one on the back and one in the bucket. not sure about all the maps, but you can drive one on Wake Island too.

It's funny how great Oman looks compared to other maps color-wise. When i played Karkand freaking contrast almost made me vomit, in some parts it's just pure black and white. I guess their "Art Director" got his stinky hands on them before release again, i don't remember them looking like that when they started showing screenies few weeks back.
Anybody else think it's overdone a bit more than usual trying to create dark war setting or it's just me?

It's funny how great Oman looks compared to other maps color-wise. When i played Karkand freaking contrast almost made me vomit, in some parts it's just pure black and white. I guess their "Art Director" got his stinky hands on them before release again, i don't remember them looking like that when they started showing screenies few weeks back.
Anybody else think it's overdone a bit more than usual trying to create dark war setting or it's just me?

yes i do, and i miss the dull yellow lighting of the original. i agree Oman looks the best of the new maps. also i didn't think i'd like the changes they made to Oman but they are pretty decent. ignoring the reduced scale, i'd say they actually improved upon the original. would have been even better if they kept the original scale.

karkland brought back so many memories. people running between buildings bunny hopping just like in BF2

My impressions from a 32 player server with conquest large maps.

Strike at Karkand should be renamed, strike at camperfest. That's all the enemy team will do. Snipers on every roof top, every corridor, every turn. Really stupid because there are 1000 different spots to camp. By the time you try to scan the area for enemies, you get spotted and dropped. It was never that bad in BF2. Prepare to have everybody using a silencer.

Wake Island is fun, but really one sided. The US has such an advantage the entire map. Once the RU team loses the airfield, its pretty much win for the US. Even with a back and forth game of caping and losing points, the RU team lost by a large margin. I think the US team starts off with too many extra tickets. Pretty much the RU team has to work a lot more if they even want to remotely win or have a really stacked team. At least in metro you can use smoke to gain ground...

Sharqi...only played it for a few minutes and haven't got to play Omen yet. Karkand is going to take some getting use to. Don't even think about taking a tank. With RPG coming from every direction its impossible. So much stuff to hide behind. The maps are very big though and look great.

There are also some map bugs where you get stuck on nothing or something that makes you /facepalm and think really I got stuck on that. Will have to try 64 player but I would imagine that being even more chaotic.

Hmmm....I spawned into the LAV, had most of two squads in there with me.
Took the LAV wide open to the back base (G?) avoiding any fights along the way, took G, then fought as two squads from the back forward and swept the Russians out.
Just like BF2 and Hummer rushes on the back.
Gotta play smart.
Edited to add: thermal sights on armor are a BIG help on the new maps.

Nick

Last edited:
Just got my 10 m-com arms for the PP-19 in 2 games... BACK TO CONQUEST.

Also I hate the idea of being forced to do shit like SQDM in order to get unlocks. Give me something I can do in any game mode, I don't like being forced into stuff.

the problem is they are only few peoples who want to play as a team, and thanks tDice, we are not equip to play as a team, NO VOICE CHAT

yeah, not having voice chat for your team wasn't so bad in the beginning when everyone was just trying to rank up and unlock things, however, now that most people have a plethora of unlocks and abilities the need to play as a team is paramount. it just sucks that you cannot communicate easily with the team.

last night my squad and I were defending on wake island trying to take out a chopper. the pilot was great so we needed one on the soflam and two on javelins. our squad could handle it, yet we had a whole bunch of other engineers attention diverted into helping us take the chopper out which in turn allowed their infantry to get to the MCOMs and arm them. simple voice chat would have allowed us to tell the team to just defend the points while we take out the chopper and incoming vehicles.

it is a real bummer that a simple feature like voice chat is non existent

FYI, pretty sure I've read many times that even with that much RAM it's never a good idea to completely disable the page file.

I've never had a problem. Had the page file disabled for a long time, even back when I only had 6 GB RAM. I would probably recommend at least 8 GB to be safe, though.

Yeah...the thing is, the US gets two attack helicopters...I'm sorry but, even in the normal maps one of them can rape your entire team if you don't have any AA going. Two of them is just way too difficult to deal with. I'm sure it's a really fun map if you're on the US side, but come on. They should get one attack chopper, NO mobile AA, IMO, and RU should get one attack chopper at the airfield or somewhere else.

The worst part is that the RU mobile AA is at the airfield along with the air assets, so if the US team has a clue they will take the airfield first and then the RU team has no counter to the air raping at all. Does the map still have the fixed AA like it did in BF2? I didn't notice.

L85 needs 5 SDM wins... First game I got in with 3 full clan squads, and me being alone in the last squad. Next game, I got banned or kicked by admin for using an LAV when there was no rule not to. Probably because I wiped his whole squad.

Seriously... 5 SDM wins..?

I tried to play SDM the other day, just to see what it was like, and couldn't even find a server. Hard to get wins when you can't even play.

more news(via mp1st.com): http://mp1st.com/2011/12/14/bf3-com...3a3-fixed-and-more-on-pc-voip/?utm_source=rss
Members of DICE speak of the possibility of Comrose making it to consoles, issues with the G3A3, and more on PC VOIP.

First, Community Manager, Daniel Matros, clears up some matters regarding in-game VOIP on PC. It’s been mentioned before but he once again reassures us that DICE is taking it into account. To clarify, Matros revealed that “there are no technical or business related issues stopping us from implementing in-game VOIP on PC. We are not promising anything, but it is something we are investigating at the moment.” What exactly is stopping them is still unclear, but we hope to hear further details in the future.

Senior Gameplay Designer, Alan Kertz talks about weapons in his recent dialogue with Battlefield fans. Some fans have noticed that the G3A3′s rifle scope is misaligned and will not shoot directly where the crosshairs meet. However, he mentions that he’s “now fixed it. It seems our zero got reset a few times.” A few days ago, he talke about giving the bolt-action rifles the ability to one-hit-kill an enemy in the chest at close range. If you haven’t checked out the second part of his future updates for Battlefield 3, make sure to give that a read.

In cased you missed it, we reported earlier that the PC version of Battlefield 3 will be getting a brand new version of the comrose. In fact, Tomas Danko, VO Producer at DICE, dubs it the “Comrose 2.0.” He was recently asked if the comrose would ever make its way to consoles. He replied, “it’s a matter of finding an unused button on the controller…” If this can be figured out, it may very well be likely that the comrose will make its way to consoles. When it comes to commands, some players have been noticing that their commands go unheard if they are too far away from teammates when asking for ammo or health. Thankfully, Danko mentioned that “a future update will relay it over radio if you’re farther away, so you should hear it hopefully.” Lastly, for those confused with what type of audio setting should be used while wearing a 5.1 headset, Danko clarified that players should use “Headphone for stereo cans, HiFi for 5.1 headphones. Not Wartapes,” which has sometimes been the misconception.

Wake Island is REALLY unbalanced. I hopped on and the RU team had like a 100 ticket lead...still somehow managed to lose to the US in the end. They have like 2 attack choppers, 2+ jets, other aircraft, AND mobile AA. It's fucking ridiculous. If you somehow manage to keep the airfield, they just continually base rape until you lose it, at which point you are totally fucked. Plus, only two jets for the RU side? That's fucking it?? They need to tone down the amount of aircraft US gets.

The US starts with an attack helicopter, two F-35's, an Amtrak, and maybe a scout helicopter(I can't remember, that's how worthless scout helicopters are). The Russians start with at least two T-90's, two jets, an attack helicopter, and a mobile AA.

The US starts with an attack helicopter, two F-35's, an Amtrak, and maybe a scout helicopter(I can't remember, that's how worthless scout helicopters are). The Russians start with at least two T-90's, two jets, an attack helicopter, and a mobile AA.

The US certainly had two US attack helicopters when I played, and I never saw a RU attack helicopter the entire match, even though we controlled the airfield.

And yes, the US has at least one transport helicopter.

Back