Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

They should put in an achievement for killing others when you have 0% health. An engineer jumped me and took me to 0%, but I got in a lucky headshot and killed him. So I'm standing out in the open on a road and I see 6 or so enemy infantry advancing down the beach. I mowed them all down from behind with my M240b + Extended Ammo.

Never seen so many people mad in general chat. At least none of them called me a hacker even when I emptied the clip and teabagged them in a circle for the kill cam. :)

They should put in an achievement for killing others when you have 0% health. An engineer jumped me and took me to 0%, but I got in a lucky headshot and killed him. So I'm standing out in the open on a road and I see 6 or so enemy infantry advancing down the beach. I mowed them all down from behind with my M240b + Extended Ammo.

Never seen so many people mad in general chat. At least none of them called me a hacker even when I emptied the clip and teabagged them in a circle for the kill cam. :)

That's because the M240 and M249 are retardedly accurate for being an LMG. One dude was sniping people with an M240 + Foregrip from up in a building on Karkand from REALLY ridiculous distances.

Disabling the page file doesn't have to do with actually needing it. It has to do with certain programs coded so that they REQUIRE a page file, even though they may not even need it given the amount of RAM you have. You may not run into a problem now, but you could in the future with some obscure program in the future.;)

Let's not start down that rabbit hole.

Too bad the new achievements don't require something like "100 resupplies" - god forbid anybody actually drops ammo on any map that isn't Metro.

Too bad they also don't have a "be on the losing side of a stacked team" achievement, or "be on the short side of a 16 vs 10 battle", because those would be completed in no time.

jebus.. This is getting old now..

When I suck total ass game runs fine. Once I start getting a rhythm and killing, The damn thing crashes.. :\

Hit detection feels way off post patch... on pecheneg anyways. They really nerfed it with foregrip.

I probly missed it a few pages back but what's everyone think of the famas iron sights? I couldn't believe how restrictive they are. Very tough to kill someone that's moving IMO.

Is the FAMAS any good? I've been leveling the F2000, but I just unlocked the FAMAS and was thinking of switching. I got killed a bunch by the QB55, so I guess that one must be easy to unlock also.

Is the FAMAS any good? I've been leveling the F2000, but I just unlocked the FAMAS and was thinking of switching. I got killed a bunch by the QB55, so I guess that one must be easy to unlock also.

The FAMAS iron sights are friggin' awful and the first scope you get is the ACOG. Good luck with aaaaaall that. LOL It's a beast in CQC and even mid range. I can't wait to get the recoil-reducing add-ons...

Funny thing is, in bc2 I was a hoss with the m416. My buddy loved the f2000, and I hated it.

Now that were playing bf3, Im kicking ass with the f2000, and feel the m416 is too weak and the recoil is too high to be useful long range. My buddy hates the f2000 now and used the m416 exclusively.

Can't wait to get off this weekend to try out B2K. Can someone explain the assignments thing to me?

Funny thing is, in bc2 I was a hoss with the m416. My buddy loved the f2000, and I hated it.

Now that were playing bf3, Im kicking ass with the f2000, and feel the m416 is too weak and the recoil is too high to be useful long range. My buddy hates the f2000 now and used the m416 exclusively.

Can't wait to get off this weekend to try out B2K. Can someone explain the assignments thing to me?

pretty simple, get X amount of kills + X amount of class specific objectives (heal, repair etc) and unlock level 1 gun, then u can unlock the next level.

for example the first sniper unlock is like 20 kills and 5 laser designations , and the second level is like 50 headshots, 50 spot assists and 5 knife kills

The US certainly had two US attack helicopters when I played, and I never saw a RU attack helicopter the entire match, even though we controlled the airfield.

And yes, the US has at least one transport helicopter.

One time in Caspian, i took our jet, flew over the RU base, ejected, opened the shute as low to the ground as i can, and entered the gunship in under 10 seconds.

We only had one pilot and the vehicle respawn was very fast so every time i died, i simply took one of our jets and got their gunship just as it respawns.

In another game we have the vehicle spawn times memorized (some even had a stopwatch!), someone says the vehicle is shot down, and the guy that wanted it starts counting while taking a fast vehicle into the enemy base. I have an analog clock for this purpose.

I was considering going to visit a friend out of country for the weekend, we play games online all the time.
He has a spare PC, can I buy another copy of BF3(rus keys are only $16) and use my account on that machine?

I was considering going to visit a friend out of country for the weekend, we play games online all the time.
He has a spare PC, can I buy another copy of BF3(rus keys are only $16) and use my account on that machine?

Couldn't you just log in to your account on that computer and re-download BF3 there? I thought the install was tied to the account, not the computer. In other words, I don't think you'd need to buy a new license.

Oh, Im impressed.
BF3 is a love hate thing right now. I love the game, but now and then its unplayable. I get crashing more then 50% of the time, from the green flashing, crashing, huge FPS drops, artifacting,clipping, the entire environment vanishing and other issues...but I still love the game, despite getting my ass handed to me.

Well, seems its not meant to be. After trying to play today, joining a server, selecting team, then crashing, over and over...after about 4 tries, I get the usual little red window in battlelog....
bu no, this isnt the usual red window....this is much worse...this is a PB ban window!
What the Fuck?

Been on with live support all night(with hour long wait times) as we uninstal PB, reinstall, try this, try that. Dammit. things were going fine(by fine I mean tolerable) till the last patch and the karkland preload. I played BTK fine(well, 50% crash rate) last night.

Its not that I paid much for the game ($16 rus key), but its my progress Id hate to loose.
Ill give EA support credit though, they keep reassuring me they will get it sorted.

F35 sucks, but the airbrake it has is awesome. You can make the flanker simply fly by and kill it.

Couldn't you just log in to your account on that computer and re-download BF3 there? I thought the install was tied to the account, not the computer. In other words, I don't think you'd need to buy a new license.

He could get it installed on his friend's machine, but they wouldn't be able to play together online because the account is tied to the BF3 soldier. His friend will need to buy a copy.

He could get it installed on his friend's machine, but they wouldn't be able to play together online because the account is tied to the BF3 soldier. His friend will need to buy a copy.

True. I assumed he meant he was buying a new copy for himself to play on his friend's computer, and that his friend has his own copy already. Maybe I mis-read it.

Anyone know what the deal is with those "Are those subtitles" dogtags? I was staring at them and started cracking up for no good reason.

So does buying Back to Karkand work more or less now? I've been reading about so many people having problems that I'm not going to fork over my money until I know I'll actually get what I paid for.

So does buying Back to Karkand work more or less now? I've been reading about so many people having problems that I'm not going to fork over my money until I know I'll actually get what I paid for.

Yeah. You have to relog in to Battlelog (not origin, not EA... Battlelog) to actually be able to join maps after purchase.

"Account currently in use. This account is logged in on another computer. If you log in now, the other computer will be logged out. Continuing in Offline mode will not disrupt the other computer, but you will not have access to any online features."

Anyone else getting this message? I started getting this message when I turned on the computer today. When I click "log in anyway" it logs me in just fine. But when I manually log out and log back in, I get the exact same message. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Guys did Origin JUSTTTTTT take a dump ?

I have just spent +4 hours on with the live support to deal with my issue.
game spazzed out, triggered PB...-> banned

Back story.
This is my 3rd conversation with a support person/bot. Each one lasting nearly an hour + a good 70min wait beforehand.
I dont know much about PB, all I know is my game+my expansion is all thats involved with me playing BF3. I do not hack,and wouldnt spend an entire night with these people in a chat window if I wasnt the one screwed over here.

It must be a bot, a human simply cannot contradict themselves so many times.
I have appealed the ban with PB aswell, but unless its a widespread falsepositive, that will never get lifted. Ill probably make a new origin account and buy the stuff again...only reason I sat though all this was...well fuck, I didnt do anything wrong. I had steam fuckup before and they were helpful and worked hard to get me back playing...These EA fools just dont care...even when Im compromising to just rebuy the game.

Whats funny is where he/she/it says if I rebuy I can keep BTK, or they will transfer it over...then later says they cannot modify in any way the games on the account.
Then when he/she/it says if I buy, I can use my alias and not loose all my progress/unlocks...then turns around and says thats impossible.
Then says I can make a new account and just transfer everything over...then says thats impossible...
And ofcourse, when I sk if its a bot or human and it says "please wait".

Ill call the phone number tomorrow. I was impressed with origin at first, and despite my dislike, tried my best to give EA a fair shot, but fuck, I can see where everyones hate for EA comes from.
Meetu:
Are you still facing the crashing issue ?

you:
I was last night and several times earlier today, but after the last crashing fit, punkbuster has been triggered and I am unable to enter the game

Meetu:
May I know what troubleshooting steps you have done so far to resolve this issue ?

you:
the uninstall and reinstal punkbuster.

Meetu:
Okay

you:
Where Im at is, something went screwy. BF3 always crashed lots, probably half the time, and that was tolerable, but since the back to karkland patch, its been well over 2/3 of the matches crash within 2-3 min in the game. then this eveing it was 100% crashing on launch fallowed the the PB ban notification. The last support basically told me to deal with PB, but thats basically a death sentance. I have several origin games, solid time in BF3 and just purchased the expansion.
you:
from what I understand, as soon as its a PB ban, EA washes their hands with it and send me on my way.

you:
but I have been there before with a false positive and PB took 6 weeks to resolve it. Im not willing to wait that out.

Meetu:
Have you disabled your antivirus and Firewall ?

you:
yup.
you:
No matter what I do now, PB has bricked my account.

Meetu:
Please make sure Punkbuster is running properly
Meetu:

Click on Start.
Click on Run.
Type services.msc and click OK.
Verify that PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB appear.
If these services appear but do not say 'Started' next to them, right-click on the first one and select Properties.
Under the Startup type pulldown, select Automatic.
Press the Start button just below the pulldown.
Repeat this for the other service if necessary.

you:
yep, did that with the last agent

Meetu:
Okay

you:
So my question is; can I buy another copy of BF3(first support person gave me a cupon) and reactivate my account? My concern if Ill loose my progress but also the expansion

Meetu:
Ok then I can only suggest you to please contact the Evenbalance Support page.

you:
I know when Battlefield badcompany2 had false positives, EA swaped out keys if you purchased a new one
you:
or can we just delete my current battlefield3 game, buy a new one and keep my back to karkland expansion?

Meetu:
Please purchase a new game

you:
and what happens to my expansion?

Meetu:
you have to purchase that back the separetely
Meetu:
or can check from retailer for the limited edition of the game.

you:
So to confirm, game causes crashing that triggered a punkbuster ban... have to buy a whole new game and rebuy my expsnsion pack? Thats unreal. I own BF3 on all 2 platforms, a few games on origin, every NHL and NFL game from ea for the past 10 years and nothing can be done?
you:
actually, I wouldnt even be able to buy BF3 as its already purchased to my origin account correct?

Meetu:
From where you have purchased this game earlier ?

you:
I purchased back to karkland from origin, and the battlefield3 game from 1C

Meetu:
Ok then you can have the Back to Karkand
Meetu:
Just purchase the new game.

you:
and back to karkland carries over?

Meetu:
Yes
Meetu:
Otherwise contact us we will manually add the Back to Karkand on your new game.

you:
And what about my alias for battlefield 3? thats tied into origin, so a wouldnt purchasing a new battlefield game just use the same alias?

Meetu:
You can use that name

you:
So does punkbuster ban the name or the GUID? if it bans the name, I would be purchasing a new copy only to have the same problem correct?

Meetu:
Please wait for a while

you:
yup, just want to make sure incase I buy a whole new game and end up where I am now.

Meetu:
OKay
Meetu:
If your account is ban then there is no need to purchase the new game you won't be able to play the game.
[WHAT THE FUCK, U JUST SAID?!]
you:
What if I make a new account and have EA just transfer everything but BF3 over to it? That way I dont loose my other origin games or my back to karkland, can buy a new BF3 key and everything is almost where it should be(minus a solid pile of money on my end)

you:
this thing didnt disconnect again I hope

Meetu:
Just a moment
Meetu:
Yes you can do that

you:
ok, so how do we facilitate transfering stuff?
you:
I assume I register for a new account using a new email?

Meetu:
No we cannot transfer anything from your old to new account.
[WTFBBQ, you just said!?!?!]
you:
ok, Im confused. you just said we could do that(new account and tranfer)

Meetu:
Is there anything else I may assist you with today?

you:
yes, you say we can do stuff then say we cannot. I need some help here.
you:
1st I was told i could rebuy the game and use my alias and keep my expansion, then you said I couldnt.
you:
then you agreed that I could make a new account and transfer my current ogirin stuff over...and then said you couldnt.
you:
Is this a live person, or a bot?

Meetu:
Please wait
Meetu:
You can create a new ea account and then purchase the game but we won't be able to tranfer anything from your old to you new account.

you:
then why not just delete the old account and add the purchases to the new one?

Meetu:
Old account cannot be deleted.

you:
I the just lock it out, change the password and credit the games on the new account.

Meetu:
Please understand that nothing can be transfer from your old account to your new account.

you:
So basically what you are saying, is that if BF3 triggers a PB ban through no fault of my own, I loose the game, the expansion and there is no way on earth that can be undone or changed in any way. You can also not purchase the game again. correct?

Meetu:
You can purchase the game again using the new account but we cannot transfer anything on your new account.

you:
And your also saying EA cannot add, credit, transfer, discount or delete products in any way to an account

Meetu:
yes
[WTF, you said several times above you could make changes]
you:
So you have no control over purchases at all? what if someone goes and buys from the EA site a copy of BF3, but by accident adds 100 copies to cart. EA couldnt change that?

Meetu:
I suggest you to please contact us through phone support.

you:
lol, yah. no kidding.
Im angry, confused and tired. I need to jerk off.

Yeah, I got that message. I kinda freaked out and did a virus scan, lol (it had been about a month since my last one anyway).

Yea, I got that message too. I canceled out then scrached my head, picked my nose then tried again and all was good. :D

Not having fun right now. The unlock is feeling like BS to me, a gamer who doesn't get to game but once in a while. I just got my ass handed to me, 2kills, 47deaths. If it wasn't for flag captures, i would be raging! haha ... well, I'm a little pissed off, but I just tell myself, its just a game. ... sigh... weapon unlocks is FAIL!

m416. for lyfe

Try the G3, it's the Assault version of the Recons MOD0. Except this one can go full auto for when you're going through tight areas. I've got a 3.4x crosshaired scope on it and it's awesome! A sniper with a medpack!

Back