Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

All I play is 64-player servers. If you think 1 single great player, let alone some noob like you is going to have any large affect on the win/loss of the game, you are delusional. 20-noobs on your team your going to lose no matter what you do. .

Thank you for admitting you're a non-factor. Stats are meaningless and real bf players would know that. In EVERY bf title since bf2 I've consistently donked on losers who farmed their way to the top of the leaderboards round after round. Go back to camping in a tank or whoring rockets in op metro to boost your meaningless pathetic stats.

I'll be laughing at you and drinking your sweet salty tears like its ambrosia while I shit on you with the m320 and m240b all the way to victory.

Last edited:
I really like the game, but the problems can actually make it a lot less fun sometimes. I'm sick of people hiding INSIDE rocks, I'm sick of horrible bullet reg, and I'm sick of horrible balance.

Javelins and Stingers are a joke. So are SMAW's. Bolt action sniper rifles are underpowered (especially in HC). The IR scope is ridiculous as we all know. The A91 is overpowered. All shotguns with slugs are actually more powerful at distance than bolt action sniper rifles. I'm sick of driving my tank down a hill and spontaneously exploding and getting a "computerpro3 suicided" or "bad luck" message.

They really need to patch this. It has so much potential but it's just really frustrating to play sometimes. I just hit a jeep point blank range with a RPG and it didn't blow up. The gunner looked at me for a few seconds while I was pulling out my gun and then killed me. This was from about 15 feet away the RPG didn't even disable the jeep.

I think the only things I agree with are the lack of balance and the lousy performance of Javelins. Maybe the IRNV scope too, but everything else I don't find a problem with. It's unfortunate you almost always find the highest ranked players stacking on one side because they don't want a challenge (I think?), BUT the funny thing is, rank usually means absolutely nothing. Most high ranking players I look up on Battlelog, after a game, rarely have over 300SPM and all their stats are abysmal aside from the hundred+ hours of playtime. Sure stats might mean nothing, but they are definitely indicative of something. So what I don't understand is why most people become discouraged and aggravated when high ranking players are stacked on one team. It almost always means nothing and will only defeat you mentally if you let it, so when you find yourself in that situation, pull your socks up and play at your best. It's the only way you'll get better. Or simply leave and find another server. There's nothing more satisfying than sticking it to a stacked team...unless of course it's an organized clan then that's just another story.

Other than that I rarely see people hiding inside objects and bullet reg has never been an issue for me. Aren't bolt action rifles a one-shot regardless of distance on HC? How is that underpowered? The A-91 is incredibly weak and inaccurate at medium to long ranges, but dominates in CQC...which seems balanced to me. Wish I could comment on the slugs + shotgun combo, but have yet to encounter that mix in any level of frequency.

No it doesn't need soflam. I use it very well with beam scanner on my jet.

I just played past 3 hours, site isn't down for everyone.

Do you admin a server? Have you admin'd a BC2 or BF3 server recently? If you had you would know that the server doesn't put you on the losing team just to even out the skill levels. It puts you on the losing team because the losers are rage quitting and the teams are unbalanced. You have to use 3rd party software like ProCon and special plugins to have the server behave like you think it does, and I can guarantee there are few servers doing this right now.

This information has been out for over a week:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624731770357/

Teams are balanced based off of skill numbers. If one team is deficient, it will put the just joined players on the weaker team. That's the whole point of matchmaking.

Thank you for admitting you're a non-factor. Stats are meaningless and real bf players would know that. In EVERY bf title since bf2 I've consistently donked on losers who farmed their way to the top of the leaderboards round after round. Go back to camping in a tank or whoring rockets in op metro to boost your meaningless pathetic stats.

I'll be laughing at you and drinking your sweet salty tears like its ambrosia while I shit on you with the m320 and m240b all the way to victory.

Ya, if myself mowing down the enemy team makes me a no-factor, I couldn't imagine what a scrub with horrible stats like yourself contributes. Now it's camping in a tank, rofl? I must be REALLY good to simultaneously be only a Metro RPG spammer and camp in a tank at the same time! The tanks in Metro are very hard to find, just as a FYI. Make up your mind eh. I always find it hilarious that the most vocal "stats don't matter" whiners are the biggest noob's ever to play the game.

Still not going to post your profile name eh? I am calling you out. Let us see your incredible "I have the worst stats so I am a great BF3 player" profile. It must be really hard winning all those games not killing anyone nor getting a lot of points. This will be entertaining.

Last edited:

Oh, what a BIG surprise. Mister mouth here won't post his profile. Got something to hide there eh kiddo? Why not show us your win/lose mastery so we can all be enlightened by your playing prowess? Let's see all of those battle log's that clearly show you pulling that win through for the team. Pathetic. At least on the official forums noob's with big mouths can't hide their profiles which always makes for good entertainment.

One scrub down, who's next? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, what a BIG surprise. Mister mouth here won't post his profile. Got something to hide there eh kiddo? Why not show us your win/lose mastery so we can all be enlightened by your playing prowess? Let's see all of those battle log's that clearly show you pulling that win through for the team. Pathetic. At least on the official forums noob's with big mouths can't hide their profiles which always makes for good entertainment.

lolz just had a look at your public profile. Now at least I know why you're trying so desperately hard to win on the internet. hahahahahaha

What are people getting for their longest head shot? 851 Meters here.

I think the longest headshot possible is around 970 something, after that the bullet disappears. A buddy of mine logged a 949 meter headshot which is pretty damn impressive. :eek:

lolz just had a look at your public profile. Now at least I know why you're trying so desperately hard to win on the internet. hahahahahaha

I don't always agree with Vega but, he has a point here...put up or shut up.

I like it when I have a good gunner in the tank:

264rfax.png

If you play with [H|G], you'll see how we run towards objectives and have fun. We always come up with best squad and all mvps :cool:

Canister shell taking out the heli is funny thing to see when they swoop real low trying to flank a tank :D

I like it when I have a good gunner in the tank:

Ya, that is pretty nice. When you get a killer tank driver and turret gunner together in some situations like the tunnels in Darm Peak or other particular situations it can be a bloodbath. Pretty rare though when I find a great gunner. Usually it's people who just want to steal my tank lol.

One thing is for sure, stats are a good measure of individual performance but not a good measure of team play performance. Being a good team member often requires sacrifice to increase team performance, this often means almost certain death attacks and defence on key locations.

1 person can't swing a match on their own, at least not reliably every match, so you'd expect everyone to have a 1:1 win:loss ratio on average, those with a W/L ratio significantly higher are either part of a very good clan or are in all likelyhood padding stats by joining the winning team more and more.

Basically stats are meaningless, you can make them look like anything you want depending on how you play, it has little or no bearing on how good you are at accomplishing objectives in game.

One thing is for sure, stats are a good measure of individual performance but not a good measure of team play performance. Being a good team member often requires sacrifice to increase team performance, this often means almost certain death attacks and defence on key locations.

1 person can't swing a match on their own, at least not reliably every match, so you'd expect everyone to have a 1:1 win:loss ratio on average, those with a W/L ratio significantly higher are either part of a very good clan or are in all likelyhood padding stats by joining the winning team more and more.

Basically stats are meaningless, you can make them look like anything you want depending on how you play, it has little or no bearing on how good you are at accomplishing objectives in game.

Very true. Lately I've been getting almost no kills. Last match I went 1-16. But I scored over 14k points. :) Teaming up with a good tank driver being his engineer playing conquest you really don't need to kill. Massive repair points though. :) There are so many ways to contribute to a win other than kills.

Is everyone in this these posts a tool or just jealous? Less than 20% of my total games are in Metro. .

You are full of BS my friend : 8 of your 16 last games was on metro so it's make 50% , your profil page don't lie.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/6747261/1/238774374/#!/bf3/user/Zybaine/

Jealous of what, the time you was playing with your rocket noobs kit in metro , I was killing 31 peoples with a knife .Of course my K/D is not like yours , because I'm the one in the teams who is a front taking care of rockets noobs like you. It's easy to stay at the back of the front line throwing rockets at enemies , when it's not team killing too. ( and we know how much you like to TK peoples ) Stats are stats, I'm gone try to play on same servers as you really have something to compare.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/battlereport/show/6615888/1/299286059/

if you have a very high skill level like mine, the server puts you on the losing team every single time. You wouldn't know anything about that though would you, being of such low skill.

high skill level ??????????????????b LOL, with a skill level - -87 , I'm, not surprise they put you in the wining team .... Rocket noobs + Teamkiller, I'm impress

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/battlereport/show/6747261/1/238774374/

Last edited:
499 and it was a lucky shot; first try, no adjustment needed. I'm a pretty damn mediocre sniper. 851 is impressive. nice job.
Just started the recon class. Got 440m on firestorm with that horrible SV98 default 7x

You are officially the most immature poster currently on [H]

What are people getting for their longest head shot? 851 Meters here.

969 meters. But I have not focus on make a longest one, I will give a try today. I don't like Firestorm map, and on Caspian it's hard to make longer than 969 meters as I don't like to spam kill peoples in their base.

Last edited:

Well, there are stats that can tell what kind of player he is. If you go to his awards tab. You can pretty much tell his playing style. Some of those awards are directed towards support roles.

And how exactly is skill computed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezSV9ALSRjs

Unfortunately, in this one, we got too far ahead and got cornered under the bridge while the rest of the team was still in the spawn point (There was NO ONE on the other side of the river AT ALL). However, other than that, it's pretty normal for us. We're usually the first to an objective, secure it, blow it up, move to next site, secure, blow, etc. And when on defense, able to establish a perimeter line, and ferociously defend it, but disciplined enough not to go past it and get drawn away from the site. We're usually the first to get the job done, yet almost every one of us in that video has a negative skill rating.

Are you sure it isn't your ISP's DNS servers flaking out?

It is down for multiple ISPs, including mine. Charter & Windstream seem to be out for sure along with a host of others. They are ackhowledging that they are working on the problem about 5x per hour on their twitter account to all the folks complaining it is down.

If you are going to talk smack, please do it in a respectful manner. And if you want to toot your own horn, please be prepared to back it up.

Here are the rules encase you may forget.

(1) Absolutely NO FLAMING, NAME CALLING OR PERSONAL ATTACKS. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm.

(2) No OFF-TOPIC posting will be allowed with the exception of the SUBSCRIPTION FORUM area (General Mayhem). If general conversation is what you are looking for, you have found a new home http://www.hardforum.com/payments.php

(3) No THREAD HIJACKING. Start another thread if you have a different topic.

(4) No THREAD Crapping

You are full of BS my friend : 8 of your 16 last games was on metro so it's make 50% , your profil page don't lie.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/6747261/1/238774374/#!/bf3/user/Zybaine/

Jealous of what, the time you was playing with your rocket noobs kit in metro , I was killing 31 peoples with a knife .Of course my K/D is not like yours , because I'm the one in the teams who is a front taking care of rockets noobs like you. It's easy to stay at the back of the front line throwing rockets at enemies , when it's not team killing too. ( and we know how much you like to TK peoples ) Stats are stats, I'm gone try to play on same servers as you really have something to compare.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/battlereport/show/6615888/1/299286059/

high skill level ??????????????????b LOL, with a skill level - -87 , I'm, not surprise they put you in the wining team .... Rocket noobs + Teamkiller, I'm impress

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/battlereport/show/6747261/1/238774374/

I'm surprised that posting a simple BF3 signature would have all of the noob's coming out of the woodwork.

I played a few days of metro goofing off, so somehow my entire BF3 profile is suppose to be based off of that? 20% of my TOTAL games or less since my profile was created have been in Metro. Not games over the last huge span of 3-days. Reading comprehension for the win.

Then you post a battlelog complaining about being a rocket noob, yet the battlelog clearly shows me playing as a Recon on Metro RUSH. Do you fail this hard everyday or just today? Care to post your profile name? I am the only one who has backed up anything in this thread as the rest of you hide your user names.

Oh by the way for those of you that don't even understand the battle report's, when individual skill number is listed for that single report, it is the CHANGE amount in your overall skill number. That is obviously quite hard for some of you to comprehend, as clearly shown above by the intelligent individual. My current skill number is 617, something I doubt you could even dream of.

That is about as respectfull as I get when talking to scrubs that don't back anything up. ;)

Last edited:
Don't be a dick Vega, ive posted my profile name a few times here (usmcgrunt0307) so don't lump every subscriber here together as "noobs" or "scrubs." Though I'm also not an active participant in this epeen contest.

Don't be a dick Vega, ive posted my profile name a few times here (usmcgrunt0307) so don't lump every subscriber here together as "noobs" or "scrubs." Though I'm also not an active participant in this epeen contest.

I was referring just to people that got their panties in a twist by me posting my BF3 signature.

You girls should start a dedicated smack talk thread in the hard gaming subforum so we can get back to talking about the actual game.

vega you seem to be getting awfully mad bro.

you do seem to be a huge rocket launcher whore looking at your stats (most of your kills are done with rpg/smaw), no offence, would be much more impressed if you didn't just whore engi, but as it stands your stats aren't that great. please don't shout at me and call me a noob, it will make me cry!

Ok back on the topic, what can we do to improve the game play, because it's sucks, how many time I need 1 or 2 persons to come to help me to take a position, how many time I neutralize a flag, to be kill few seconds after because no one come to help . All this because EA don't care about team play , they remove the voice chat; how can I say to a squad team mate to take left and I take right as example, it's not always easy to stay alive and type on the keyboard.

It's not a rants, how can we improve it, can we start a clan? Can this clan be effective? , I guess we can use the party voice? I'm sick and tire to kill and be kill, I would like to see some team work... As you can see my K/D ration is not very good, Because I try to make my team win, but only few % of the team do do, We can see it with the # of peoples staying at the first flag in Metro, just to get a cheap 200 points.

Ok back on the topic, what can we do to improve the game play, because it's sucks, how many time I need 1 or 2 persons to come to help me to take a position, how many time I neutralize a flag, to be kill few seconds after because no one come to help . All this because EA don't care about team play , they remove the voice chat; how can I say to a squad team mate to take left and I take right as example, it's not always easy to stay alive and type on the keyboard.

It's not a rants, how can we improve it, can we start a clan? Can this clan be effective? , I guess we can use the party voice? I'm sick and tire to kill and be kill, I would like to see some team work... As you can see my K/D ration is not very good, Because I try to make my team win, but only few % of the team do do, We can see it with the # of peoples staying at the first flag in Metro, just to get a cheap 200 points.

work with a squad that works together and doesnt play like its team deathmatch or something. your green radar stuff should be pretty close to you at all times unless you are sniping or people are in vehicles.

if you're playing with random people, you've got to type. seems like people are starting to get the hang of things. when i'm capturing a flag and team chat "need help capturing B" people come running. at least more so than before. you still get the occasional clueless Support class that won't drop an ammo pack if his life depended on it. not sure what some people are thinking.

i stand in front of them, press Q and my guy screams "i need some fucking ammo!"...blank stare.
i jump up and down dancing around like a monkey in front of them....blank stare.
type in team chat "i need ammo please"...blank stare, and they run off.

but like i said it's getting better.

i stand in front of them, press Q and my guy screams "i need some fucking ammo!"...blank stare.
i jump up and down dancing around like a monkey in front of them....blank stare.
type in team chat "i need ammo please"...blank stare, and they run off.

so true, I will add, that's when they don't TeamKill you ........., If I play assault, eng, or recon very hard to find ammo, if I play support, every one seams to play support.....

It is getting better. At least on certain maps. Metro for example is where I actually see people revive and drop ammo cause its mucho points.

Back