Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

For someone that's been around here for 7 years, I would hope by now you understand what a VPN is, and realize that it is neither a hack, nor a cheat.

Try again.

You're using an unauthorized method to circumvent release date protection. How is that not a hack?

Plus, none of that excuses your behavior from before, so no, YOU try again.

If you right click on your BF3 and do a repair install, there is a 48MB patch, maybe this fixes the problem.

You're using an unauthorized method to circumvent release date protection. How is that not a hack?

Plus, none of that excuses your behavior from before, so no, YOU try again.

Unauthorized what? You REALLY don't know what a VPN is, huh? Sheesh :rolleyes:.

5CuDO.jpg

I've been trying to launch every few hours even though I know it won't work. The available time just went from 10-25-11 03:00 to 10-25-11 00:00

:eek: did they move up my availability my 3 hours !? :confused:

If you right click on your BF3 and do a repair install, there is a 48MB patch, maybe this fixes the problem.

I did this and it caused my game to just sit at "ready to install" then failing to install every time I clicked it. So, I'm now currently re-downloading at about half the speed I did on Friday, lmao.

Been playing for a few hours minus 30 min maintanence, no stat reset to be seen so far.

My 5870 and Q9550 weep when a mix of Ultra and High settings are applied. Sadface. Game is freakn' beautiful though!

Your release date will be: Monday, October 24, 2011, 21:00

Thanks EA! Time to start drinking.

Unauthorized what? You REALLY don't know what a VPN is, huh? Sheesh :rolleyes:.

Don't be an idiot, I know what a VPN does. They even said they recommend that you NOT do it. If they wanted you to play the game early, they would unlock it early. Any way you you slice it, it's circumventing the protection that DICE/EA put in place.

I don't give a shit if people do it or not, but call it what it is.

Playing right now
I play everything maxxed out fine with my specs down below! :)

What res, what min FPS, and what avg FPS? It looks like 1920x1080 from your sig, which is not surprising you can run through with that system... and are you using deferred AA + post-process AA on high, or just post-process?

I'm running 2560x1600 with my sig rig with everything maxed settings-wise, around 65-70 avg. on most maps with 45-50 min (too low for me...), post-process AA on high and deferred off (it slaughters my perf if I use it, probably VRAM cap).

Your turn!

Don't be an idiot, I know what a VPN does. They even said they recommend that you NOT do it. If they wanted you to play the game early, they would unlock it early. Any way you you slice it, it's circumventing the protection that DICE/EA put in place.

I don't give a shit if people do it or not, but call it what it is.

Hey, I use VPN's for actual business as well. It isn't "circumventing" or "hacking" anything as you are claiming. They can "recommend" I don't use a VPN all they want, doesn't change that I do, and they can't forbid it because it is a real connection method. Try again.

Back