Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

has anyone had issues with battlelog no showing notifications? i was in a party last night with 2 friends and one of them tried to join a server with the party. one of the guys got the notification and invite and I got nothing. We tried over and over and I don't get invites or notifications.

Hmm....sounds familiar....maybe similar to the bug that still exists in BC2 that the friends lists don't even work. :)

has anyone had issues with battlelog no showing notifications? i was in a party last night with 2 friends and one of them tried to join a server with the party. one of the guys got the notification and invite and I got nothing. We tried over and over and I don't get invites or notifications.

a friend said he sent me an invite last night to join his game and it never went through. i gotta say, aside from that little hiccup i'm actually a fan of battlelog and the web-based server browser.

Do you guys think we'll be able to join a friend in a game from Origin?

i.e. right now I can see friends playing the beta but can't click "join"

But it works in battlelog.

yeah, i am seeing the potential that battlelog has. there are some interesting and unique features to it and I think it could be quite fun. hopefully the kinks will be worked out by release

Do you guys think we'll be able to join a friend in a game from Origin?

i.e. right now I can see friends playing the beta but can't click "join"

But it works in battlelog.

I thought about that as well.

Does anybody know if our stats (unlocks, ranks etc) will reset once the retail copy comes out?

I like battlelog and don't mind origin. But having to have both open to join a game is fucking stupid.

I swear, half the people i play with have no clue about anything in this game.

Constantly running out of ammo, and have a support person right next to me.. Never once did he throw down ammo, even after telling him to..

Same with Assault people..

If anyone wants to play with someone that knows how to use classes.. Hit me up on battlelog. Snapshoota (yes 1 "p" since origin screwed my account up)

On a positive note, game has been running alot better than last night, havent had a disconnect *knock on wood*

at least the metro map.... game feels totally like BC2 just with prone...really it is the same damn thing. Maybe a tad less run-n-gun but still pretty darn close to it.

rocket launcher blast radius is stupid..people standing right next to where they go off and they don't die or even take damage it seems.

Constantly running out of ammo, and have a support person right next to me.. Never once did he throw down ammo, even after telling him to..

If anyone wants to play with someone that knows how to use classes.. Hit me up on battlelog. Snapshoota (yes 1 "p" since origin screwed my account up)

On a positive note, game has been running alot better than last night, havent had a disconnect *knock on wood*

Its the same with every game that has classes and teamwork, there are a lot of stupid people in the world that don't understand that certain classes have certain roles...

I play to win and helping my team is how I do it. This is where you will find me. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1634898 I am Brav0_666

at least the metro map.... game feels totally like BC2 just with prone...really it is the same damn thing. Maybe a tad less run-n-gun but still pretty darn close to it.

rocket launcher blast radius is stupid..people standing right next to where they go off and they don't die or even take damage it seems.

I think the Rush on Metro feels different for some reason. It's like the rush is not as linear and the prone adds more to the tactical side as well. Plus the revamp in the recon class has changed how many people go sniper it seems.

I think the Rush on Metro feels different for some reason. It's like the rush is not as linear and the prone adds more to the tactical side as well. Plus the revamp in the recon class has changed how many people go sniper it seems.

Snipers on rush play more of a "sharpshooter" role IMO. You have a lot of close combat and should be the one taking down the long range LMG guys that are suppressing your squad.

After playing the beta I have to ask myself, does BF3 really do anything better than BF:BC2?

Jets are just gimmicks, graphics are comparable, BC2 has better destruction.

Thoughts?

Sadly I have to agree. For those of us who were looking for a true BF2 style sequel I cant help but feel that we have been completely disappointed.

On a side not, on Caspian why in the world can we not have a true Map view of the map? While choosing where to spawn the view is so zoomed in it was impossible to get a feel for the map. Come on, 1942 did this fine, is it too much to ask now?

Just the numerous scopes available for eah weapon is outstanding IMO. If it's dark, grab the IRNV; if it's mostly long range engagements grab the Russian x7 scope or the x6 rifle scope, etc...

My only gripe with gameplay is that I unlocked the Javelin system yesterday but it's not available in the beta :( the EOD robot is tons of fun to play with though on metro...will be more so when they fix the quicksand effect...makes the EOD bot fly in the air if I go fast enough or just sink through the ground.

i haven;t seen anyone do anything different then they do in BC2, just run and gun. If just has that same lifeless feel to it. The prone is the only real added difference which does sort of slow things down a bit cause you can creep along and what not. The map feels like any other Rush map from BC2, all they did was add a lot of little hallways and objects instead of trees and what not. It doesn't really play any differently. They games are pretty interchangeable in rush mode so far.

Definitely slower paced but not by much.

Here is a real question though, I haven't found yet, with the sniper scopes, if you are a smart sniper and hide in the shade and what not, does your scope still glint in the sun for all to see?

EDIT
saw someones map gripe, I have to agree, the map totally blows....(just like BC2) but even worse. it looks like some little kids hand drawn map, no detail and the zoom levels suck so bad, can't even get a feel for map layout using it. It is also pretty decieving to me as the scale seems off. Like the map looks huge but the real 3d version you see is really small.

New awesome update/fixes.

Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
Tweaked the Rank progression.
Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
Framerate stability fixes.
The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
Non working options in squad menu fixed: “Private” flag and “Switch Teams”.

You can change your Origin name AFAIK (as long as it's not taken)

Also, I'm MavericK99966 if you want to add me or whatever. I can usually use classes pretty effectively. :D

i am also amazed at the rank of some players already....3 star general stuff, already??

After playing the beta I have to ask myself, does BF3 really do anything better than BF:BC2?

Jets are just gimmicks, graphics are comparable, BC2 has better destruction.

Thoughts?

Well, for one, apparently they turned off a lot of the terrain destruction in the beta that will be in the full.

The UI feels a lot like BC2, but honestly having played both I don't think BF3 feels totally the same...for whatever reason it feels a lot better overall, I can't quite put my finger on it, but maybe the weapon handling is better, among other things? It just feels better for some reason.

It appears to me that the scores for ranking are artificially low in the beta - from 10 - 18, it's only 10k for each level. Even at 18, it's only 20k to get to the next.

a major gripe i have is with deploying on your squad mates. what has annoyed me is that you can see where your squad mate is and what he is doing, however, the time from which you click deploy to the time you spawn in is long enough that his position and situation has changed slightly. i don't recall bad company 2 having this delay coupled with a dark screen. i feel like i'm deploying on my squad mate but i'm slightly dis oriented because of the time delay.

anyone else feel this way?

weapon handling is definitely better but still retains to much of the bc2 feel for me. It might just be the whole rush thing, cause I really really dislike the whole INF only small, linear style maps. I never even liked tohse kind of maps in the other games (like Karkand or camp gibraltar)

thats why for at this point, I sorta dislike it. I didn't get a chance to try the other map. I just fear it is going tobe BC2 with a twist.

Show personal info on profile (visible for everyone)

Just found that nifty little checkbox in the battlelog. It was defaulted to checked. :mad:

It appears to me that the scores for ranking are artificially low in the beta - from 10 - 18, it's only 10k for each level. Even at 18, it's only 20k to get to the next.

i agree. i hope they slow down the rank progression for the retail release.

Show personal info on profile (visible for everyone)

Just found that nifty little checkbox in the battlelog. It was defaulted to checked. :mad:

thank you. just logged into battlelog and unchecked that.

weapon handling is definitely better but still retains to much of the bc2 feel for me. It might just be the whole rush thing, cause I really really dislike the whole INF only small, linear style maps. I never even liked tohse kind of maps in the other games (like Karkand or camp gibraltar)

thats why for at this point, I sorta dislike it. I didn't get a chance to try the other map. I just fear it is going tobe BC2 with a twist.

Rush isn't something that was around for BF2, so naturally it's going to feel more like Bad Company because that's where it was "pioneered" essentially. By almost all accounts, conquest feels far more "BF2-like" than Metro does.

Personally, I'm a fan of both modes, so I applaud Dice for doing their best to accommodate both communities. That's a big hurdle to jump over, and it seems that they're pretty close to doing just that.

Back