Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Anybody notice that when you're using the foregrip attachment your player model doesn't actually hold the grip? The gun holding animation is exactly the same as if you weren't using the foregrip. Is this how soldiers are actually suppose to use the foregrip?

I have almost unlocked all in Recon.

I recently decided to try the SKS, it feels like a pos. Some people swear by it once they get foregrip though.

The non-automatic sniper rifles feel more natural, and once you get the unlock that allows to keep firing without unscoping, its not so bad. (Straight pull bolt?)

I've found the SKS using iron sites works better than trying to snipe with it. All of my SKS kills (which isn't much) have been with iron sites playing front line recon

sks + 7x = useless as hell for me, cant kill shit.

Try taking off the scope and just use the iron sights. It apparently works for others.

Personally, i used the sks for a short while, and it took weeks for the other guns kill counts to catch up.

Anybody notice that when you're using the foregrip attachment your player model doesn't actually hold the grip? The gun holding animation is exactly the same as if you weren't using the foregrip. Is this how soldiers are actually suppose to use the foregrip?

You aren't necessarily supposed to actually hold the foregrip like a stick or similar with your hand around it. It's more to pull into your shoulder, holding the grip halfway between a normal grip and using it as a hand stop. The animation seems to be pretty much dead-on in this respect.

You aren't necessarily supposed to actually hold the foregrip like a stick or similar with your hand around it. It's more to pull into your shoulder, holding the grip halfway between a normal grip and using it as a hand stop. The animation seems to be pretty much dead-on in this respect.

Yeah, that's what it looks like to me.

That seemed to work best for me when I qualified on the M4. That, and pressing the foregrip into my barricade when firing standing supported.

Did an update recently get released? The game is playing like total shit tonight (and last night) for me.

Did an update recently get released? The game is playing like total shit tonight (and last night) for me.

Game is even laggier now for me too. The stupid ass getting hit WAY behind cover issue is worse now. This is with adjusting the network smoothing to compensate for it.

Whatever, game still runs ok if a bit herky jerky at times.

I did get my 5.2 hooked up and can say the game is MUCH LOUDER with two subwoofers.

lol holy crap did my wife get pissed off last night. BOOOM

They must have done something because last night I was ....having the "herky jerky" out the ass and getting hit way behind objects like like everyone else. I thought it might just be lag.

Im gonna try to lvl some guns up this am in 64 player metro if anyone wants to join me, or do coop missions......

Add me if you wanna hook up: thebrules

Im gonna try to lvl some guns up this am in 64 player metro if anyone wants to join me, or do coop missions......

Add me if you wanna hook up: thebrules

just sent you a friend req on BL, zargon_ap

@Battlefield said:
In our largest crackdown yet, this week sees us banning a significant number of BF3 cheaters. Because you deserve a fair game. #BF3

sks + 7x = useless as hell for me, cant kill shit.

I love SKS but the +7x scope I never use. INFR, 4x, and 8x are all I use and Its my top gun followed by G36C.

I have gone up against 4 people between 100 and 200 yards and smoked them all that is where this gun shines, close range and 300+ this gun is still pretty good just not great.

Name Time Kills HS HK % KPM Shots Hits Accuracy
SKS 18:29:03 893 333 37.29% 0.81 20 356 3 659 17.98%
G36C 07:26:26 369 102 27.64% 0.83 20 291 2 538 12.51%

First thing I type when I join a server, "Is there an admin here?"

Cheaters can choke on my 320.

ok i just reformatted my computer reinstalled bf3 now when i try to join a game it same on the bottom left of my browser error on page and game level doesnt join or anything. how do i fix this?

I love SKS but the +7x scope I never use. INFR, 4x, and 8x are all I use and Its my top gun followed by G36C.

I have gone up against 4 people between 100 and 200 yards and smoked them all that is where this gun shines, close range and 300+ this gun is still pretty good just not great.

I tried it again last night, and it just feels like it doesn't do any damage. I hit a guy three times with it at about 75 yards (on Bazaar) and off he ran just fine (and that wasn't the only time). Feels like a semi-auto only gun should hit hard enough at that range to put a guy down.

ok i just reformatted my computer reinstalled bf3 now when i try to join a game it same on the bottom left of my browser error on page and game level doesnt join or anything. how do i fix this?

What does the error say? Did you install the plug-in, or can't you get to that point?

I tried it again last night, and it just feels like it doesn't do any damage. I hit a guy three times with it at about 75 yards (on Bazaar) and off he ran just fine (and that wasn't the only time). Feels like a semi-auto only gun should hit hard enough at that range to put a guy down.
One word: headshots.

If that's all I care about, I'd just use one of the bolt action guns, or even one of the other semi-autos. The reason to use the SKS (at least the reason I'm trying it) is because it has the larger magazine and can double as an accurate assault rifle - except that for non-headshots, it doesn't seem to hit as hard as the other assault rifles, so I don't see the advantage to using it.

http://bf3blog.com/2011/08/dice-were-considering-mod-tools/
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/battlefield-3/1195224p1.html
http://www.vg247.com/2011/07/05/as-...plans-to-release-mod-tools-for-battlefield-3/

I wish we could get some mod tools. According to the last article, though, DICE claims that everyone in the world except DICE employees are a bunch of fucktards and are too stupid to use them.

Sure would be nice if they'd try us and see if we're really the brain-damaged apes that they think we are.

in reality, they are probably just scared of what the modders would create. Cant have some novice modder living in moms basement completely show up the entire DICE dev team.

in reality, they are probably just scared of what the modders would create. Cant have some novice modder living in moms basement completely show up the entire DICE dev team.

of course its that and map DLC. but if they were smart they would be like valve and share $$ with the community

I think the availablity of semi-auto rifles have created undisciplined snipers.
In BC2 there was more emphasis on bolt-action rifles and you saw a lot of headshots.

In BF3, people just spam your position until they hit something. I haven't played the recon class yet, it looks pretty boring vs BC2.

I think the availablity of semi-auto rifles have created undisciplined snipers.
In BC2 there was more emphasis on bolt-action rifles and you saw a lot of headshots.

In BF3, people just spam your position until they hit something. I haven't played the recon class yet, it looks pretty boring vs BC2.

What about the SVD and VSS? Those were used a lot.

I wish there were some more vehicles and some more battle rifles (SCAR H and G3 are the only two if I recall) in game.

The Stryker MGS and ATGM would be a nice addition.

I wish there were some more vehicles and some more battle rifles (SCAR H and G3 are the only two if I recall) in game.

The Stryker MGS and ATGM would be a nice addition.

oh there will be more DLC. bet on it

EDIT: and as long as the maps are good like B2K (even if theyre old maps refreshed) i dont mind paying at all

Back