Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Taking Assault as an example, you need 3330 kills + 40? kills (not sure how many to unlock everything for the m320 and m26, it isn't listed) as well as time in coop to unlock the KH2002 and G3 (441k coop score, the lead scores right now are <20k per map, so 22+ coop levels). This is assuming you switch off each rifle once you unlock everything and every kill is done using the rifles.

I just love it when I hit Join Server on the stupid-ass web UI and it loads me up in single-player with unskippable little intro snippets. Awesome.

I imagine they mean all the weapon specific unlocks too... like every single sight etc.

yeah, i have a good chunk unlocked for most weapons. doesn't take very long if you have a string of good games / play a meatgrinder map.

i could probably finish up or get close to 100%ing support before my playtime hits 20. support doesn't really have too long a list though. assault is going to be longer.

I used render.perfoverlayvisible 1 and saw my CPU spiking, guess that means i'm limited by it. Running a stock i7 950 @3.07 with a Corsair H70, what kind of OC (if any) would help?

Hmm so you die when you jump into water on?.. Had a tank coming after me on siena crossing (SP?) no where to go, so jumped over the side of the bridge, with a grin on my face knowing I had just got away from the tank. Only to die as soon as i hit the water.. Grin turned to a frown.

Random question but how do I take screenshots? There is a screenshot folder and I must have hit print screen button hundreds of times but nothing...Is there no way to take them in game or do I need to use FRAPS?

I used render.perfoverlayvisible 1 and saw my CPU spiking, guess that means i'm limited by it. Running a stock i7 950 @3.07 with a Corsair H70, what kind of OC (if any) would help?

Wow, you should OC the shit out of that thing. I'm at 4.2 on an H70 with my i7 920..

Try turning hyperthreading off - seems to help the spikes on X58 systems.

whoever is running the hard gaming conquest server 2 hard-gaming.org You should stop it because the pc running it can't handle even 32 players. Rubber banding every 15 seconds or so

Maybe they are up-armored humvees, which have bullet and blast proof glass, like they do in real life.

I've killed many people through the window of the humvee driving at me but that's cause I full-auto into it with my M249 :). Don't really play recon so I haven't had a chance to snipe it. Maybe it takes a few shots to break the glass before you can kill the driver.

Anyone else feel the recon class is useless on Conquest mode? The class has some merit in Rush but he brings absolutely nothing to a squad in Conquest. The perfect squad seems to be Assault/Medic, Assault/Smoke, Support, Engy.

so, is it just me, or is bf3 just not fun?

ive played all 9 maps, and none of them appeal to me. Caspian is decent at best, and the others are all quite forgettable. and metro... metro just sucks terribly.

everything is here to make an awesome game. theres jets, theres tanks, theres helicopters, theres 64 player conquest, theres great graphics and sound. on paper this is everything my friends and i wanted. in practice though? its just... meh. whatever made BF2 fun is just gone. hell, we even found bc2 to be quite enjoyable. but this.... theres just something missing.

i think part of it might be that the maps are just stupidly tiny compared to the old bf2 stuff. well that, and i just dont find any of the maps to actually be fun. hopefully they dont screw up the karkand pack.

so, is it just me, or is bf3 just not fun?

ive played all 9 maps, and none of them appeal to me. Caspian is decent at best, and the others are all quite forgettable. and metro... metro just sucks terribly.

everything is here to make an awesome game. theres jets, theres tanks, theres helicopters, theres 64 player conquest, theres great graphics and sound. on paper this is everything my friends and i wanted. in practice though? its just... meh. whatever made BF2 fun is just gone. hell, we even found bc2 to be quite enjoyable. but this.... theres just something missing.

i think part of it might be that the maps are just stupidly tiny compared to the old bf2 stuff. well that, and i just dont find any of the maps to actually be fun. hopefully they dont screw up the karkand pack.
Its just you..I have had too many to count, genuine, epic "battlefield moments" in the last few days that I havent had since 1942. The game is fantastic...could use improvement, but no game is perfect.....

there might be others who feel the same, but i am not one of those people. THIS GAME IS THE SHIT.

Well said.

-------------------------------------------

Flying with the 360 controller in Jets is a lot easier and smoother. I'm able to shoot down planes and helos easier too.
But I still can't shake other jets off my tail fast enough and circle around to their rear. Any tips??? Also can I spot other Jets while in the air?

Last edited:
Use the air brake. It's the easiest way to pull off a snap turn and gain an angle advantage.

I can't believe the world of performance difference there is when hyper-threading is turned off. What a huge bug / engine design error (I hope it's just a bug).

I can't believe the world of performance difference there is when hyper-threading is turned off. What a huge bug / engine design error (I hope it's just a bug).

It's probably the nature of hyperthreading itself. The game is trying to send extra threads to what is physically one core. That causes a delay that causes the game to have to wait. The devs, I'm assuming, have tuned the game performance based on the number of cores the OS sees. A cpu with hyperthreading on is seen as having those extra cores so the game sends processes to those cores with the expectation that it's able to handle it approriately.

Runs great here with HT on... I'm going to guess its a game or driver issue as some users are not affected by it.

HOLY FUCK USING A COPTER OR A JET TO FLY LIKE THE MOTHERFUCKING WIND AND SHOOT UP SHIT IS FUCKING AWESOME AS SHIT.

ALSO AS AN INFANTRY GUY I SAW AN ENEMY JET FLY INTO A FUCKING POWER POWER, COME TO A DEAD STOP AND RESUME ITS ORIGINAL SPEED LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED, LOL.

HOLY FUCK USING A COPTER OR A JET TO FLY LIKE THE MOTHERFUCKING WIND AND SHOOT UP SHIT IS FUCKING AWESOME AS SHIT.

ALSO AS AN INFANTRY GUY I SAW AN ENEMY JET FLY INTO A FUCKING POWER POWER, COME TO A DEAD STOP AND RESUME ITS ORIGINAL SPEED LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED, LOL.

Trying to land on the aircraft carrier a few times only to bounce off the deck my jet came to pretty much a complete stop after I cleared the deck and I was still able to hit the afterburners and recover. lol Jet physics are fucked.

lol @ people saying this game is shit: Obviously suck at the game and can't kill anyone, I would rage against the game too if all I did was get shot

lol @ people saying this game is shit: Obviously suck at the game and can't kill anyone, I would rage against the game too if all I did was get shot
I suck at it, my death toll is much higher than my kills but I still love the game. So much fun no matter what happens.

Nobody has said that it is shit, they are discussing some of the shortcomings of the game. Also: "Obviously suck at the game and can't kill anyone" etc. - really? Grow up.

How do you combat rubberbanding in the game? Not wrong on my end, and a 30 mb connection. Ping says 21 ms in Battlelog, but get on the server and just rubberband around. Doesn't do it on [H] servers though, but those are usually full. :(

Nobody has said that it is shit, they are discussing some of the shortcomings of the game. Also: "Obviously suck at the game and can't kill anyone" etc. - really? Grow up.

yeah, re-reading that, very childish of me :p

I just read people say this game is no fun and shit on this page, when it's quite obviously the opposite (if you're an fps fan) could only image death rage making anyone think that.

also, has anyone noticed that the rubberbanding only really happens on Tehran Highway??

yeah, re-reading that, very childish of me :p

I just read people say this game is no fun and shit on this page, when it's quite obviously the opposite (if you're an fps fan) could only image death rage making anyone think that.

also, has anyone noticed that the rubberbanding only really happens on Tehran Highway??

The Bandman attacks on every map. :eek:
Just depends on the server really. Some servers run smooth for hours and then start to band up.

COOP crash for anyone else all the time? Tried 7 times, all crashed out.

Back