Battlefield 2042

Too late honestly. I doubt they'll learn from their experiences in a future title. Half ass class systems isn't enough to fix all of the other shortcomings.

Yeah, doesn't matter. Game has been dead for 6+ months at this point. Only way they'd bring people back is actually admitting they were wrong, apologizing, and re-releasing the game with a massive overhaul. None of which will happen.

Certain people cannot let go of certain societal patterns. If they don't realize nobody wants a weak/woke army game from BF2042 they won't learn. I specifically remember the first time I heard one of the characters in BF3 scream, "We're getting ****ed up the ass over here!". I damn near pissed myself laughing as it sounds like something I definitely would have heard when I was in uniform. Good luck hearing that on any Dice title released from here on out.

Certain people cannot let go of certain societal patterns. If they don't realize nobody wants a weak/woke army game from BF2042 they won't learn. I specifically remember the first time I heard one of the characters in BF3 scream, "We're getting ****ed up the ass over here!". I damn near pissed myself laughing as it sounds like something I definitely would have heard when I was in uniform. Good luck hearing that on any Dice title released from here on out.

You mean "Yes! Angel always wins!" isn't what you wanted to hear? :(

Oh so we're in this part of the Battlefield cycle where they finally start fixing everything and it'll probably turn out pretty good and eventually announce the next game which seems great but they actually forgot every single lesson they've learned and fuck up all the same things and then they finally start fixing everything...

I’m kind or embarrassed to be asking this since I started this thead, but is this game worth it yet? I’m tempted but I can’t seem to get my wallet open for this one.

I’m kind or embarrassed to be asking this since I started this thead, but is this game worth it yet? I’m tempted but I can’t seem to get my wallet open for this one.

I'm not sure if it has a big enough player base. It has had constant server finding issues (no server browser) and now I think the player base is just so small that it is hard to find a game even if it is working. I haven't bothered with the game in a month or so.

I'm not sure if it has a big enough player base. It has had constant server finding issues (no server browser) and now I think the player base is just so small that it is hard to find a game even if it is working. I haven't bothered with the game in a month or so.
That is contrary to my experiences. I have been in every game mode I've played tonight, with a modest delay (10-15 seconds of matchmaking before rounds start) and the servers are full. This includes featured Portal modes, as well as 64-player Conquest and Breakthrough.
I am frankly confused at your experiences, as they are so counter to mine.

Is it worth it yet? EEehhh... I'm only playing it because there's not much else out there that I want to play. Our game session tonight, with people I've played BF with since BF2, ended with a whimper. We had no good games, even the one we "Won" (the opposing team, out-stupid'ed our team at the last 100 points). It was frustrating at the lack of teamwork, vehicles still feel too overpowered, there are some game-breaking bugs still in the game (shotgun with slugs, anyone?) and frankly the "Season Pass" is a damn joke, and the new helicopter that was introduced is straight up broken.

There are nuggets of fun to be had, the featured portal modes are good, but they're not the usual Battlefield experience, and they rotate out. If the game were $30 I think it would be a "buy." You can get $30 of fun out of it, and if you can't, well "At least you didn't spend $60."

That is contrary to my experiences. I have been in every game mode I've played tonight, with a modest delay (10-15 seconds of matchmaking before rounds start) and the servers are full. This includes featured Portal modes, as well as 64-player Conquest and Breakthrough.
I am frankly confused at your experiences, as they are so counter to mine.

I'll have to try again sometime then. It seems like every other patch makes sitting in a lobby forever an issue on my end. And then the settings like resolution reset every week or so. At this point I've essentially given up on it and don't even won't to boot up Origin because an update will take up SSD space. But, I haven't played it in weeks so maybe people are coming back?

I'll have to try again sometime then. It seems like every other patch makes sitting in a lobby forever an issue on my end. And then the settings like resolution reset every week or so. At this point I've essentially given up on it and don't even won't to boot up Origin because an update will take up SSD space. But, I haven't played it in weeks so maybe people are coming back?

So, my playtime is 85% "All Out Warfare" on the 64player Breakthrough or Conquest, and the remaining 15% is featured portal modes. Playtime is, eeehh, 2'ish hours a night, two to four nights a week. About 1/2 the time I put into BF4. Playtime is around 7pm EST and sometimes ends around 9:30. Crossplay is enabled, East Coast player.

I mean, from my perspective, they never quite left. Prior to season 1, playing as either a solo or with a squad of 4, we would always get into a game, and yes, it would have significant percentage of AI in there. Once the scoreboard was introduced, that was PAINFULLY obvious. However, about 5mins in the server usually filled up, zero AI at this point. Getting into one of those matches, either solo or squad, about 30 seconds, 60 seconds max.

Once the Season One hit, and the new operator and the new map, the servers started with a few AI, and would fill up with real players within the first couple mins, if it wasn't already full. If the map was garbage (and we all know which ones we don't like) we'd bail out of the game, collect ourselves and re-queue. That would also dump us into a new game, new map with a full'ish server, similar 10sec-30sec matchmaking time and any AI that started the map, would quickly be replaced with real players, fully populating the 64player games.

So, my experiences prior to season one have been population has grown significantly, to the point where our group can be picky about the maps and just re-queue when we don't want to play Hourglass again.

The resolution reset and gear reset, I've had that happen once with the graphics, somewhat early on in the game, but only once. Now I have experienced, or my squad-mates have experienced vehicle outfitting being reset "sometimes" after a patch. What's weird is that sometimes I'm hit with that reset and I have to reconfigure vehicle loadouts, or I don't and only 1-2 of my squad has to re-do stuff. That random-assed shit _is_ real and it _is_ annoying.

What I have a problem with is Sundance (Squirrel Lady) grenade. I simply do NOT have the option to select her anti-vehicle device, and I only have the option of the scatter grenade. This is a baffling bug, and one of my squad also suffers from it. We're in the minority with this bug, as its been reported on the EA boards, but absolutely no traction has been made.
So, to your point, there are some weird-assed, stupefying bugs in the game that have not been addressed. I definitely concede that point.

The game isnt perfect, I don't know that it ever will be, and the best I realistically hope for is that it becomes "Better than Alright." That's not a great game in my book.

maybe there will be a sale next week with season 2 release. I'd say $30 or less would be ideal. I plan to start playing again since I miss flying.

maybe there will be a sale next week with season 2 release. I'd say $30 or less would be ideal. I plan to start playing again since I miss flying.
When is the next release dropping? figured i would wait till then to save on wasted bandwidth in case the current download changes again.

Anyone else feel like the aim assist of console players is ridiculously oppressive?
I’m getting old and having trouble keeping up with the kids these days, but the aim-assist esp headshots seem a bit better than I remember playing on console.

I’m getting old and having trouble keeping up with the kids these days, but the aim-assist esp headshots seem a bit better than I remember playing on console.
I am too...I am 42 definitely slower reaction time now, but it's just crazy how unforgiving it is against a console player whether it's long distance or close range engagement if you don't hit every shot on PC they will get the kill on you. I'm hoping enough PC players come back for Season 2 and beyond so I can turn off crossplay.

Still empty servers (at least here in the EU) even with Season 2 :rolleyes:
I too was having the same issue. Until I re-enabled crossplay. Now I always get a match within 10-12s.

Sucks, because I don't want to play against aim assist controllers. But there is no other way to get a match (USA here)

I too was having the same issue. Until I re-enabled crossplay. Now I always get a match within 10-12s.

Sucks, because I don't want to play against aim assist controllers. But there is no other way to get a match (USA here)
that doesn't make sense, steam charts show 5000 players at once average, thats pc players. right now theres 8500 playing.

that doesn't make sense, steam charts show 5000 players at once average, thats pc players. right now theres 8500 playing.
When a majority of those PC players are playing crossplay. That is going to have a pretty big impact on PC only games.

So, yeah I can see 8500 for PC. But how many people play on PS5/Xbox. I dont like crossplay, but I wanted to try out season 2 etc. I get a match every time now since I enabled it.

I really thought this was going in the right direction until they released the new shitty map which is garbage on Breakthru when half the fucking players are running around as Paik with the wallhack or Mckay just perched on top of the containers. So either you play as Paik or McKay or you die. What a fucking game. Every other game on Breakthru is now this stupid shitty map being fucking forced down your throat. Fuck EA and Fuck Dice.

Still empty servers (at least here in the EU) even with Season 2 :rolleyes:

I always had issues finding matches, even at launch with Cross Play disabled. I suspect its more there matchmaking then actual lack of players on PC. Even with Cross Play enabled, sure there are XBox/PS players in the session, but definitely a good amount of PC players.

Yeah I have no idea how they will do. But DICE of Sweden has essentially fallen off a cliff so I am wondering if it may actually be better. Looks like Vince Zampella is running the Battlefield series now. Considering the best Call of Duty games came out after he left Activision I'm not sure if that is a good thing or if it means another person in charge pushing for crappifiying Battlefield.

Yeah I have no idea how they will do. But DICE of Sweden has essentially fallen off a cliff so I am wondering if it may actually be better. Looks like Vince Zampella is running the Battlefield series now. Considering the best Call of Duty games came out after he left Activision I'm not sure if that is a good thing or if it means another person in charge pushing for crappifiying Battlefield.

Can it really get any crappier? My gut says yes.

I may try this game when/if they ever nurf the wingsuit/C5 combo that makes ground vehicles basically worthless. Cannot believe they put such EZ mode cheese in the game.

I may try this game when/if they ever nurf the wingsuit/C5 combo that makes ground vehicles basically worthless. Cannot believe they put such EZ mode cheese in the game.
Thinking of putting some time into the game soon, but ground vehicles are my jam in BF games typically. Could you elaborate? What is the cheese with Sundance and c4?

Thinking of putting some time into the game soon, but ground vehicles are my jam in BF games typically. Could you elaborate? What is the cheese with Sundance and c4?

The super cheesy character Sundance has a wingsuit that lets you fly like half the map after jumping off a two story building. It's laughably unrealistic and over used. Like half the players on a server are this class.

That means anyone playing this class can get to an enemy vehicle incredibly quick and easy, quickly toss a few C5 charges and kill the vehicle. And vehicle turrets turn so slow in this game you basically have no defense. One player who knows what they are doing with Sundance and C5 can wipe all enemy vehicles on a map incredibly easy. Way too much noob cheese in this game.

The super cheesy character Sundance has a wingsuit that lets you fly like half the map after jumping off a two story building. It's laughably unrealistic and over used. Like half the players on a server are this class.

That means anyone playing this class can get to an enemy vehicle incredibly quick and easy, quickly toss a few C5 charges and kill the vehicle. And vehicle turrets turn so slow in this game you basically have no defense. One player who knows what they are doing with Sundance and C5 can wipe all enemy vehicles on a map incredibly easy. Way too much noob cheese in this game.
When did you play last? might have gotten nerfed although I don't spend alot of time in tanks.

Screenshot 2022-11-07 161440.jpg

No sale. I'm seeing a lot of people saying that the success of this film which released last week drove interest back into BF1. Not sure if true, though if so it's a bit ironic as it's an anti-war film (a remake of a remake of a remake, all hit classics if I remember correctly)

Back