Battlefield 2042

603195_Hardline.jpg

FTFY

So I'll try and get into a game. Emphasis on try. I want to see the split desert/agriculture map. But it always defaults to the same 3 or so maps, Breakway, the space center one, and the city map.

I've yet to play:

Renewal
Manifest
Hourglass

Seeing how few people are playing, I think I might never get a chance to try them.

So this never happened. I think the game is so dead that I can't find a server. Without even a basic server browser, I can't even try those three maps. At this point I'll probably never get a chance to play them.

So this never happened. I think the game is so dead that I can't find a server. Without even a basic server browser, I can't even try those three maps. At this point I'll probably never get a chance to play them.
it has a server browser.......but its located in the portal section...does the same thing. Doesnt change the fact this game has shit for populated server/games to join....there are quite a few empty or near empty which doesnt help

Last edited:
It doesn't have a server browser for THE MAIN GAME WITH THE NEW MAPS.
its has all the maps lol....what makes you think otherwise? honestly its not so much different than the other older bf games....there is never a guaranty you favorite map is gonna have a almost fully populated sever that has a great ping for your location but i very much remember bf4 being this exact same way..

Last edited:
its has all the maps lol....what makes you think otherwise?
The server browser, is for the Portal modes. The disadvantage is that the portal mode has limited XP/Progression abilities, dependent upon the rules set created by the server admin. Also the portal mode is less populated than the normal or featured modes, just due to visibility.
I think its a fair statement to say that portal has shit for populated servers, but I think less fair to say the featured or "All-Out Warfare" has a similar ghost-town status.

The server browser, is for the Portal modes. The disadvantage is that the portal mode has limited XP/Progression abilities, dependent upon the rules set created by the server admin. Also the portal mode is less populated than the normal or featured modes, just due to visibility.
I think its a fair statement to say that portal has shit for populated servers, but I think less fair to say the featured or "All-Out Warfare" has a similar ghost-town status.
but you can play all the maps right?:) I know i have because theres no way im joining a random picked map. I also dont see any real disadvantage with portal mode....they can kill off the other part of the game if you ask me:)

So they're getting around to getting a hopefully proper scoreboard/team list page almost 3 months post release. I suppose that is... something. Too bad I can't join a game. It used to be you'd sit in line for eternity. Now it looks for about 2 minutes, then kicks you out. I'm really not sure what is so hard about it. Server browser is a must, but even a match maker shouldn't be this hard to make.

So they're getting around to getting a hopefully proper scoreboard/team list page almost 3 months post release. I suppose that is... something. Too bad I can't join a game. It used to be you'd sit in line for eternity. Now it looks for about 2 minutes, then kicks you out. I'm really not sure what is so hard about it. Server browser is a must, but even a match maker shouldn't be this hard to make.
they've been back from vacation for a month and a half and all they have is a new scoreboard and "We'll also have a small range of additional fixes live as part of the game update which will be detailed in our Update Notes next week." damn, must be like one guy working on the game

they've been back from vacation for a month and a half and all they have is a new scoreboard and "We'll also have a small range of additional fixes live as part of the game update which will be detailed in our Update Notes next week." damn, must be like one guy working on the game
Battlefield friends video more of a documentary, than satire?

It has no matter. It doesn't matter how many "improvements" Dice will do in the future of BF2042 as it's abandoned and they'll never get even half of the players back.
I don't care how many come back, if theres enough to fill a single server I can have a good time.

lol, I havn't been watching it but this was posted today: https://www.ea.com/games/battlefiel...&utm_medium=social&cid=73215&ts=1646245334095

looks like they will be redesigning the maps and it will take awhile. glad they are finally talking about how the maps need serious work.

Hope they cut
It has no matter. It doesn't matter how many "improvements" Dice will do in the future of BF2042 as it's abandoned and they'll never get even half of the players back.

LOL walking simulator

I don't care how many come back, if theres enough to fill a single server I can have a good time.

Yeah. Right now I just want to try the few maps I've yet to play, but I still can't get into games so I stopped bothering. Never had such great difficulty joining an online game in history. I probably have 4 or so hours of actual gameplay in it, on 4 or so of the maps that came with the game. I'm not including the Portal/older maps.

Yeah. Right now I just want to try the few maps I've yet to play, but I still can't get into games so I stopped bothering. Never had such great difficulty joining an online game in history. I probably have 4 or so hours of actual gameplay in it, on 4 or so of the maps that came with the game. I'm not including the Portal/older maps.
Looks like ~2k still play. https://steamcharts.com/app/1517290

Probably 6K adding in Origin, if you're lucky. It is cross platform to, but still, the match maker is trash and just never works. I've largely given up trying to connect to a match. Why spend 15+ minutes waiting in a menu when I can join and finish a match in MW 2019 or play Insurgency Sandstorm in that amount of time? They went from sitting in the queue for 20+ minutes to kicking you out after 90 seconds or so. Both results in not being able to join.

Sure, there were a few Portal games to join but few had a good ping. I'm not even going to bother because I assume the player base is just dead currently. I figured there was a 50% change this would be bad, but never expected it to be this bad. The drop off of players tells us all we need to know.

If they don't fix this one , sales for the next one might not be worth making another one, they need to gain backl some goodwill from the players who spent money on this game.

Probably 6K adding in Origin, if you're lucky. It is cross platform to, but still, the match maker is trash and just never works. I've largely given up trying to connect to a match. Why spend 15+ minutes waiting in a menu when I can join and finish a match in MW 2019 or play Insurgency Sandstorm in that amount of time? They went from sitting in the queue for 20+ minutes to kicking you out after 90 seconds or so. Both results in not being able to join.

Sure, there were a few Portal games to join but few had a good ping. I'm not even going to bother because I assume the player base is just dead currently. I figured there was a 50% change this would be bad, but never expected it to be this bad. The drop off of players tells us all we need to know.
I need to reinstall sandstorm

If they don't fix this one , sales for the next one might not be worth making another one, they need to gain backl some goodwill from the players who spent money on this game.
I honestly don't think they have the necessary skill to make another one that won't be another failure as of now. Most of the original developer's from Dice have jumped ship while Ripple Effect Studios are working on their own thing right now.

Or you could just forget this turd of a game and move on like everybody else.
BF5 and BF1 still have a high amount of players where you can instantly find a server.

Or you could just forget this turd of a game and move on like everybody else.
BF5 and BF1 still have a high amount of players where you can instantly find a server.
you're not wrong. I did play BF5 recently. the only reason to want to play 2042 is for the modern weapons and vehicles.

you're not wrong. I did play BF5 recently. the only reason to want to play 2042 is for the modern weapons and vehicles.
That’s the problem for me. BF1 and BF5 seem like fine games but I only really care to play modern shooters.

Game pass gives you ea play which gives you 10 hours of this. I installed last night and was looking forward to playing something in a modern setting but the last few pages of this thread have been a buzzkill lol

Game pass gives you ea play which gives you 10 hours of this. I installed last night and was looking forward to playing something in a modern setting but the last few pages of this thread have been a buzzkill lol
I'm one of the few here, who seem to have zero issues getting into a game, and actually have fun with it.

The admitted downsides are that I only have fun in moderation, as the lack of maps are showing. The time to grind out weapon attachments, takes time and 10hrs might not be enough to get the assault rifle, LMG, and submachinegun into a playable state. I did all of my weapon upgrade unlocks via single player bot farming.

They won't, and they don't care. Big publicly traded companies like this don't care anymore. The board rooms are captured by marketing department idiots, not people who actually want to make something fun and/or art. Decisions like this are the norm now, and the fanbase is generally regarded as the enemy.

The last time EA attempted to do the right thing was back with Simcity 5 and at least giving people a choice of any EA game for free as compensation. That would never happen in 2022, because the people in charge are incapable of admitting they were wrong.

Just accept that this series is dead now. It's time to move on.

Last edited:
The problem with this game failing is that EA won’t say “Oh we made a mistake let’s try really hard with BF6 and give the fans what they want!” Instead they will say “Oh, it looks like there is no market for Battlefield games any more, time to kill the franchise.”

It’s dead unfortunately.

The problem with this game failing is that EA won’t say “Oh we made a mistake let’s try really hard with BF6 and give the fans what they want!” Instead they will say “Oh, it looks like there is no market for Battlefield games any more, time to kill the franchise.”

It’s dead unfortunately.

Exactly. Seeing how well Apex Legends is doing, I half expect BF to take a pause for a while after this. 2042 was already designed to be more like Apex Legends as is, so I don't see them making two competing games going forward.

How is the player population in BF4 these days? I know it saw a boost due to 2042's failure, but I don't know if it has had any staying power.

How do you like Hell let Loose?
Oh man, it is amazing. It flew way under my radar. The maps are gigantic, the sound quality is like you're literally in Band of Brothers. I haven't actually experienced this level of teamwork in a game since I used to do competitive BF2 games ages ago.

If you play as an officer (squad leader) you essentially have 3 voice channels running. One for local voice chat, one for the squad, and one for the commander and other officers. If you get in on a good server, it is pretty awesome.

Back