Battlefield 2042

Preload complete.

Same maps to play as in the closed beta from the last month or so?

Damn what is the trick to preloading the game for tomorrow? Not showing up even though I preordered the damn game back in June.

Damn what is the trick to preloading the game for tomorrow? Not showing up even though I preordered the damn game back in June.
On Origin, it should automatically show up in your game library. If it doesn't, do a search for Battlefield 2042, go to the store page, and click "Try It First" twice. You should get a notification that the beta was added to your library.

On Steam, go to the Battlefield 2042 store page (you can get there quickly from your library) and the beta will be in the list of purchase options.

I don't know about Epic.

On Origin, it should automatically show up in your game library. If it doesn't, do a search for Battlefield 2042, go to the store page, and click "Try It First" twice. You should get a notification that the beta was added to your library.

On Steam, go to the Battlefield 2042 store page (you can get there quickly from your library) and the beta will be in the list of purchase options.

I don't know about Epic.
Weird had to do a complete refresh of Origin but got it now. Thanks.

pretty sure the reason I was able to pre order on cdkeys for $46 is cause they are selling the beta keys for $11 lol. no early beta for me.

2042.jpg

I don't know about Epic.
Didn't work for me. I had to do the Epic Store Account/Origin Account link trick to work.

pretty sure the reason I was able to pre order on cdkeys for $46 is cause they are selling the beta keys for $11 lol. no early beta for me.

If anyone knows if they will give out beta keys let me know. Also pre-ordered from them but they never advertised early beta access so I was half expecting this. Not the end of the world to me, but hopefully would like to pre-load before the 8th.

If anyone knows if they will give out beta keys let me know. Also pre-ordered from them but they never advertised early beta access so I was half expecting this. Not the end of the world to me, but hopefully would like to pre-load before the 8th.
You should still be able to preload the beta even if you don't have early access.

the earliest you can download and play the open beta is 3am et friday. I emailed cdkeys to ask them, pretty sure I know the answer already though.

edit: they responded, no beta access.

Last edited:
fyi, you can pre load the beta now in origin or steam if you pre ordered or not.

Any one able to actually get in a game? Pre ordered, loaded up main menus, see 128 people on conquest. Then in typical EA fashion, Unknown Error...

I played a session , I know its beta so I'm giving them a break on the massive lags , major display bugs / clipping etc.
but I fail to understand why they changed the interface so much, need to relearn from 0 how to use this.
(and i`v played all BF games )

Only watched some footage so far, they still insist on including that retarded slide mechanic. People run for about 3 seconds then slide then run then slide, looks moronic. It'll probably cause hit detection issues like every other time they've included it.

Only watched some footage so far, they still insist on including that retarded slide mechanic. People run for about 3 seconds then slide then run then slide, looks moronic. It'll probably cause hit detection issues like every other time they've included it
Jumping in BF4 was annoying and they definitely used it to exploit hit detection, let's see if sliding doesn't break the game as well.

I played a session , I know its beta so I'm giving them a break on the massive lags , major display bugs / clipping etc.
but I fail to understand why they changed the interface so much, need to relearn from 0 how to use this.
(and i`v played all BF games )
Everything in the UI compared to the map size is too small. I need large text and indicators telling me what's happening.
Having all new icons and small text makes it hard to navigate. A lot of options are disabled but they need to make sure we can adjust the UI size, color and visibility.

20211006094135_1.jpg

Steam Bath have no idea what is going on.

20211006094309_1.jpg

Wannabe Sniper

20211006094320_1.jpg

Tanks pour out of this tunnel

The explosions in this game are pretty Epic if you like how the game rocked with BF4 I was in a vehicle for a while but the thing was pretty busted up animation kept on skipping.

Last edited:
Trying to shoot down aircraft is fun, the game has a mad amount of lag it seems and you can be targeting a helicopter or jet and it'll suddenly warp off in some random direction like it's been bounced off something.

Yeah I just found this out the hard way too, after pre-loading; cheeky assholes....

Man, vehicles feel really weird after bf4. Still working though the options. Game still needs work

Not super impressed tbh. Vehicles are odd to fly/gun. Im really really tired of seeing raindrops on my screen, I dont like the revive system...at all. I guess engineers are gone...no repair tools? Mechanics aren't great. The sentry gun is pretty much useless. Tons of graphical errors, sound glitches, etc. They need more than a month it feels like.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am getting some pretty crappy stuttering while playing. Anyone else found a way to stop it by any chance?

Also.....it looks like we are in cross-play with Xbox players who use auto-aim......for real?

I don't know about anyone else, but I am getting some pretty crappy stuttering while playing. Anyone else found a way to stop it by any chance?

Also.....it looks like we are in cross-play with Xbox players who use auto-aim......for real?
Found this:

"You can disable cross play in the Battlefield 2042 Beta.
There's two options:
Crossplay On: Cross play between PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC
Crossplay Off: Play with only your platform players *Last-gen console players can't play with next-gen console players."

I can't wait to play this, gameplay looks solid, things seem to have weight to them, movement speed isn't fast. aerial combat looks amazing. weapon reload animations look polished.

Last edited:
Odd that they chose such an old build. Not that uncommon with public betas, but you'd think they would have a better build from within the past month ready.

Yeah, so i was able to stop the stuttering by lowering all the settings to medium. Still was only getting 75-90fps. The crazy part is it barely uses any CPU, and the GPU was around 85-90% usage. This game really does need optimizations bad.

I do like the gameplay though so far. I was worried it would be like COD at least running around etc, and i can tell you that it is not.

Got this weird bug where my gun is auto firing as soon as I spawn without my left mouse button being pressed. Have to figure that one out.

Performance is pretty terrible. On Ultra 4K, I get close to half the performance of Ultra 4K BFV. And stuttering. Hopefully they fix that.

The audio is pretty amazing.

Got this weird bug where my gun is auto firing as soon as I spawn without my left mouse button being pressed. Have to figure that one out.

Performance is pretty terrible. On Ultra 4K, I get close to half the performance of Ultra 4K BFV. And stuttering. Hopefully they fix that.

The audio is pretty amazing.
Yeah that is my problem as well. Also seems like HDR is not working on my Oled with BF2042 too.

Really am hoping this is just not optimized yet.

Back