Battlefield 2042

People on their forums already pissed about the revive darts now only being healing darts for Maria.
Are those heal darts instant heals or over time heals?

Also, kind of thinking the defib animation is a little on the cheap side. Just looks really bad. But that's just me.

Also, kind of thinking the defib animation is a little on the cheap side. Just looks really bad. But that's just me.

Not sure, the trailer doesn't really show if its instant or takes a few seconds. Presumably its like getting a small health pack from a medic before they get the larger packs.

looks like its over time to me.

looks like its over time to me.

Then that's better I'd say.

Heal sniping, that should be interesting to see how it can disrupt the progession of a battle. Hopefully it's not overly done to where people can just sit back and just unload heal darts from 100m away 😂

The defib is sooo slow, seems like a death sentence to try and make a even slightly risky play

The defib is sooo slow, seems like a death sentence to try and make a even slightly risky play
I like it. It should be a risky action that makes you think twice before you run in and revive. It make playing the medic class more fun, and as a bonus it might prevent over-zealous medics from reviving in chaotic situations knowing full well the guy they’re reviving will be instantly killed again.

I like it. It should be a risky action that makes you think twice before you run in and revive. It make playing the medic class more fun, and as a bonus it might prevent over-zealous medics from reviving in chaotic situations knowing full well the guy they’re reviving will be instantly killed again.
Literally didn't matter if they got wasted instantly - didn't even count as an additional death. There was no harm in attempting, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

Last BF game I enjoyed was 2142. How long after release should one wait before they balance things right and fix bugs and crashes and server stability issues typically? I see the publisher is still EA so I don't particularly feel confident in the final product right now, can see the main audience being tweens and about cosmetics/mtx focus and less about quality. Less than two months from release and not even a beta yet, nonetheless

Last edited by a moderator:
Last BF game I enjoyed was 2042. How long after release should one wait before they balance things right and fix bugs and crashes and server stability issues typically? I see the publisher is still EA so I don't particularly feel confident in the final product right now, can see the main audience being tweens and about cosmetics/mtx focus and less about quality. Less than two months from release and not even a beta yet, nonetheless

Take it that's meant to say 2142 :p

Yep. Defib revive trains in Metro and Op Locker come to mind as the reasons that tilting the risk/reward more toward risk seems like a good thing.

In any case these latest gameplay videos look like exactly what Ive really missed in gaming since moving on from BF4. Chaotic gunfights, asymmetry and lol-worthy moments.

Last edited:
Meanwhile I'm over here thrilled I'll be able to play Omar from The Wire in my most anticipated videogame.

View attachment 386246

Gott dammit. R.I.P. (thanks, EA)

1630960017064.png

Last edited:
I'd take Tom Henderson with a big grain of salt. Not that I don't believe there may be a delay, but I believe he's .. not trustworthy as the insider he tries to portray

Regardless we'll hopefully still be playing beta on Sep 22

Last edited:
Oh ffs.

Whatever. Seems to be the new norm now for games that are scheduled to be released within the next month to be pushed out further...

Battlefield v also got delayed by a few weeks, and that fixed precisely fuck all. :p ea earlier this year were crowing about how the game was "way ahead of schedule", I'm guessing that data leak of code fucked things up.

Last edited:
Of course. They always get delayed. It's not really an issue as long as Far Cry 6 isn't delayed again. I've got nothing NEW to play.

Bad time for me, I probably won't get to it a week or so later. Would've preferred if they delayed to December personally.

Nah, after BF4, play the Beta then wait sometime after it's released. Cyberpunk/CD dropped the ball, EA isn't any better.
The game looks far from finished in the tech play throughs this late in the game.

This should be delayed until Summer 2022. Another 3 weeks will do nothing.
I mean, the fan base doesn't have video cards needed for the intended experience anyway.

This should be delayed until Summer 2022. Another 3 weeks will do nothing.
I mean, the fan base doesn't have video cards needed for the intended experience anyway.

yeah delaying it a month will make practically no difference...probably just enough time to make a bigger Day 1 patch

yeah delaying it a month will make practically no difference...probably just enough time to make a bigger Day 1 patch
Cant delay past Thanksgiving and miss out on all the holiday sales. Gotta make that 4th quarter look good for the investors.

They could've just manned up and said "it's just not ready, end of story." All the "global pandemic" excuse-making every company engages in these days just comes across as limp weenie.

"It is with considerable consternation we are pivoting our deliverables into alignment with our shifted timetable, our brave tiger teams had to persevere under a remote-submit, go-forward blah blah PANDEMIC!"

FFS you're making a videogame about war, not a hallmark card /[old man waving broom]

Last edited:
They could've just manned up and said they had to delay the game - "because it's not ready" - end of story. All the "global pandemic" excuse-making every company engages in these days just comes across as limp weenie.

"We've made the decision to dramatically disseminate our cloudified methodologies and uniquely right-size our standards-compliant infomediaries as we move forward toward.... GLOBAL PANDEMIC!"

FFS you're making a videogame about war, not a hallmark card. /old-man-waving-broom
Are most developers not working from home these days? Makes the excuse sound even more questionable.

Cant delay past Thanksgiving and miss out on all the holiday sales. Gotta make that 4th quarter look good for the investors.
Yup, thats really all that matters, the game will be booted out the door regardless of what shape it's in.

Are most developers not working from home these days? Makes the excuse sound even more questionable.
Does it? I know very little about how the games industry has adjusted to WFH, but it seems to me that employees not being able to return to the office is the reason for the delay. Wouldn't it make sense that for a huge project requiring hundreds of people to work together, having those people not be in a centralized location could be challenging? I don't know, i'm speculating, but that seems fair to me.

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. The game is delayed, the reason why is irrelevant. EA can put whatever marketing spin on it they like.

anyone who's been playing the battlefield series for a long time knows that delays are a good thing.. nobody likes a craptastic battlefield launch experience. and they're never great to begin with, lol

anyone who's been playing the battlefield series for a long time knows that delays are a good thing.. nobody likes a craptastic battlefield launch experience. and they're never great to begin with, lol
Battlefield v was delayed, say no more! :p

Does it? I know very little about how the games industry has adjusted to WFH, but it seems to me that employees not being able to return to the office is the reason for the delay. Wouldn't it make sense that for a huge project requiring hundreds of people to work together, having those people not be in a centralized location could be challenging? I don't know, i'm speculating, but that seems fair to me.

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. The game is delayed, the reason why is irrelevant. EA can put whatever marketing spin on it they like.
Yes but we're 18 months in, people have been working from home for a long time - it's not a new phenomenon that suddenly bottlenecked development in the home stretch.

This is mostly meant tongue in cheek and I'm not actually unhappy with one of my most anticipated games getting more time, but the press release did come across written by a nervous Swede that rides a girl's bike to work. Don't overexplain. Tony Soprano doesn't apologize for being late to dinner.

"We're getting 'er done" is the only press release we needed.

Last edited:
updated PC requirements for the BF2042 beta (you’re going to need 100 GB just for the beta):

Minimum PC Requirements:

Processor (AMD): AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Processor (Intel): Core i5 6600K
Memory: 8GB
Video Memory: 4GB
Graphics card (NVIDIA): Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon RX 560
DirectX: 12
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard-drive space: 100GB

Recommended PC Requirements:

Processor (AMD): AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i7 4790
Memory: 16GB
Video Memory: 8GB
Graphics card (NVIDIA): Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT
DirectX: 12
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard-drive space: 100GB SSD

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
At least it's not a Windows 11 game lol. I have my trusty 3070 running at 144hz 1080P which I bought because I didn't think it would overheat.
Plus didn't want to upgrade my EVGA G3 PSU when I have a similar one for backup a G5.

At least it's not a Windows 11 game lol. I have my trusty 3070 running at 144hz 1080P which I bought because I didn't think it would overheat.
Plus didn't want to upgrade my EVGA G3 PSU when I have a similar one for backup a G5.

upgrade your monitor to at least 1440p...a 3070 for 1080p seems like overkill

Last edited:
Back